Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 535009 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6765 on: August 10, 2024, 10:13:42 AM »

tig - I was going to ask you what kind of shrubs that are  looking dead?

We are being massively hit by lilac blight....too much rain?...I thought my whole row might escape as it's all over the neighborhood. But, no I just found some early branches with the on it.

So, was wondering if those are your shrubs? also affecting crab apple trees.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6766 on: August 10, 2024, 10:18:02 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6767 on: August 10, 2024, 10:23:09 AM »

Heard about the lilac problem on Grow with Kare last night. Said the plants should be fine. I need to assess with what I will replace the dead shrubs... which I think just got old.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #6768 on: August 10, 2024, 02:45:51 PM »

Wonderful smiling photo  of aunt June and Uncle Kenny!  They liik very happy!
Another days with a heat advisory.  Just swept off the patio  so Piper can  get in without a bunch of pine straw  trailing in with her! Yard. Folks will not be her until at least Monday!
Tsk, the 4 H club has a butterfly tent  at the fair!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6769 on: August 10, 2024, 04:23:17 PM »

KB   Beautiful place for those hydrangea.  Makes for a great border.

CLYNN   So Becky and Jennifer were there when it happened?  Nice that you will all be there.   Aww what a nice photo of Aunt June and Uncle Kenny

LISA   When you bought that home, did you consider that flooding issue and knew you were in a good area?

PHYL   Western theme for you this AM  ;D   Lunch with the girls always fun.  Two of us had the soup and salad lunch.  Others had more formal dishes

TIG    Irish Fair - Enter the best legs in a kilt contest!!  I bet that is what Camper was going to do  LOLOL   Those periodic swellings - odd .  And you've had all those foods before, right?   You leave around the 26th?

LANI   Cool mom and cub pic.  :)

KAREN   We always go into the butterfly tent at the Botanic gardens every time we go in the summer.  Great for picture taking.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6771 on: August 10, 2024, 05:17:28 PM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Happy Falcon Friday!
 August 9, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/08/09/happy-falcon-friday/

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6772 on: August 10, 2024, 05:44:32 PM »

World Lion Day was founded to raise awareness about the predicament of lions and support their protection, and it has since become an important forum for campaigning and education on the conservation of these wonderful beasts.

Yet, have you ever stopped to wonder how every throaty roar that escapes the king of the jungle is also a plea? A plea for help, a plea for survival. This fact gains new importance on August 10 – World Lion Day, a date that draws attention to the ever-shrinking world of these royal beasts.

It was founded in 2013 by Derek and Beverly Joubert with the intention of raising awareness about the challenges lions face in the wild. Prior to this, the Jouberts also partnered with National Geographic to create the Big Cat Initiative.

Some interesting facts:
They spend up to 21 hours each day resting and sleeping. They have few sweat glands, so they wisely tend to conserve their energy by resting during the day and become more active at night when it is cooler. Lions have terrific night vision. They are 6 times more sensitive to light than humans.

Lions in the Bible are often associated with strength, courage, and royalty. They symbolize God's protection and, in some cases, represent the Lion of Judah, a title for Jesus Christ, signifying His royal authority and triumph over sin.

Lions are only truly afraid of African elephants, rhino, and hippo when either of these species are on the offensive. They are cautious of large herds of buffalo, and large clans of spotted hyena, as well as Nile crocodile in deep water.

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #6773 on: August 10, 2024, 05:46:52 PM »

Phyl - Love your Caturday morning pics.  It was a good day of shopping 😁. Thanks for 365, and RRP post.

Tig - That Irish fair looks like fun, and like something I would like to go to.  My grandmother use to get swollen lips on and off when eating seafood.  They said, it was the iodine in the seafood.  I wonder if there is something in whatever you are eating that is making you do the same. 

Lani - Pretty Mama and baby. 

Karen - I thought we would get a cool down after Debby, nope, still hot here too.  Aww, Piper brining in the pine needles. 😂

Tsk - We had no idea that the house was so close to the flood zone area when we bought it.  I am just glad that we are a lil higher up on the street. 

Good night, everyone 😴

Phyl

« Reply #6774 on: August 10, 2024, 06:15:39 PM »

We ere up very late last night, watch some late night FNC and  as Jim had Friday off and we got some errands---mostly for me---watch batteries and Rx for glasses filled.
I hope the new Rx fits my old frames  which were adjusted to sit lower on my face in hopes the new transitional lenses will work . I just couldn't stomach this plastic 'molded' black frames any longer. The eye doc picked them out for me  I expressed my dislike and was told frames had to accommodate the Rx.  Anyway---they are too long in ear piece and too wide for face. They made adk=jjustments but didn't last---had already paid for with new lenses.  So went to Lenscrafters w/ a paper script instead.  LC had made my old pair of black  wire frame w/ nose pads and shorter ear piece, etc. Not going back to Dr.Borman ---will see doc next to LC like I did two years ago. Still long story---but why get further in to it all.

Lani dearly love the lioness and her cub for World Lion Day.  :-*  ;)

Tig/ KB and all I'll leave all the gardening to you ladies. A food allergy perhaps.
Congrats to Camper. BTW, Tig never noticed the dead shrubs---too busy enjoying the beauty of the living. Hope you get a visit from 'Rosie'

Tsk soup/salad  yum--- were they 'big' salads as in a meal?  and soup de jour?

Lisa will Debby ever leave?

Thanks for the Caturdays everyone.   tks for info on the Irish Fair. ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 09:18:25 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6775 on: August 10, 2024, 06:27:29 PM »

Bob and James 2010 (?)at a charity  fundraiser...

... about the same time, on the 'lecture' circuit.

An early Good Night --Everyone... sleep well. 

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6776 on: August 10, 2024, 07:16:41 PM »

PHYL   365  :)    Newman would win every time.  Wish I had gotten my new glasses at Lens Crafters 2 years ago.  These I got in the new doc office and I don't care for them. They have never fit right and believe me I have been in a lot of times. At Olive Garden the salad comes in huge bowls and is served family style as are their famous buttered thick bread sticks.  The soup is served in an individual bowl - you have a choice of 4 kinds - and you may get as much as you want.  Usually 1 bowl is enough for me with the salad and breadsticks.

LISA   You made a good choice - always get the highest house on the block.  ;) ;)

So we have the Air and Water Show in town this weekend - Huge deal on the Lakefront.  FB already filled with pics of the Blue Angels
So that may have accounted for the unusual O'Hare traffic taking a slightly different landing pattern over my back yard today.
These are flying above my Cleveland pear.
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6777 on: August 10, 2024, 07:18:48 PM »

Then there was this little beauty outside my front door today when I got the mail.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6778 on: August 10, 2024, 07:53:40 PM »

Absolutely love that pic of James and Bob and the crowd.  Did y'all notice that all in the group were smiling big grins - kids, men, James, Bob (?).  Made me grin right away, before I even noticed the crowd.  Everyone smiling.

Sorry clynn to hear about the loss of your aunt June.  Makes their reunion and those two pictures even more precious - the three sisters and her and her husband Kenny.  Hugs then and in the future will come with even more sweet thoughts and blessings. 

karengramke

« Reply #6779 on: August 10, 2024, 08:19:28 PM »

Tsk, i was excited to see that kids were i t the Butterfly  business.
Lisa, still hot as blazes.  Had rain last night so thought   My patioplants were ok!  Not so!  Had to water all of them!   Will get the hose out tomorrow anf give them a good drink ! 
Wish all wildlife  had champions!