Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 534930 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6825 on: August 12, 2024, 07:30:11 PM »

Auckland NZ - 12:28 PM Tuesday 08/13/24 and heading out for some lunch soon.
Weather is Sunny and 62° F with light south wind 6-10 mph. BL kind of hiking weather.   :)

Everything is going swimmingly and I'm having a great time.
Pips holding down the fort with Kopje and the critters.   :-*

Well that certainly was a long flight (17.5 hrs).
I'm still trying to adjust to the local Time/Date a little bit.

Gate departed from JFK at 10:14 PM EDT Saturday 08/10/24 ...
Arrived gate in Auckland at 07:46 AM NZST Monday 08/12/24.

Max altitude was 41,500 Ft just before arriving over NZ.
Max speed was 615 MPH somewhere over west Texas.

Heading on a "puddle jumper" to the south island - Christchurch NZ tomorrow in the afternoon 08/14.
From there the real trekking fun begins.  ;D

Hope all is well with all you Beakers.  8)
Will try to check back in from somewhere spectacular .. communication devices a willing.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 07:34:27 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6826 on: August 12, 2024, 08:01:00 PM »

{{{Karen}}} don't read so fast.  :-* LOL    I'm gulity of speed reading--- I generally proof my post.  But what good that does sometimes.  ::)  :P

{{{CLynn}}} St. Christopher be with you and family tomorrow. Will be thinking of everyone there.

BL will read your post more in depth tomorrow. But, glad you're arrived safely. And, having a good time; long flight indeed. Jim said air speed is always measured in  'knots' as in boating. So my guess when you were over Texas you were flying, about 534.2 knots per hour. Pretty fast.
1 knot = roughly 1.15 statute mph

Sleep tight,  Everyone!   Don't let the bed bug bite!   LOL  ;D

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #6827 on: August 12, 2024, 09:28:57 PM »

Bl, thanks for posting!  Figured Pip was home!    Back in the day I flew Braniff from sf to TVN and with 3/ stops for crew changes and gas  it was 26 hours!  Took me days to adjust!  You are doing great!  Have fun!
Ernesto is blowing around tge Atlantic!   Will look  tomorrow to see where  he is going!
Phyl😜
Baz great cake, yummy ice cream and. Cute kids!
Seds

BrokenLug

« Reply #6828 on: August 12, 2024, 11:41:25 PM »

I know there are some Beakers that have Gephyrophobia. 

I now have a hint from my Christchurch comrades on Thursdays potential tramping route via just one picture attached below.

Come on now. I do need to know what to bring generally ..

Ice ax, crampons, 500 ft rope, Oxygen, hand grenades, a rocket launcher with a spot of tea .. or what ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

The  Monty Python  have been very tight lipped on the general itinerary. 

I was told just today .. there is a pack sitting right here and it's been expertly packed and tailored for you by someone that knows you very well specifically for this outing .. weather conditions permitting. 

You all know I like to expertly pack my own parachute however.  Check.  There is only one other

I believe this foot swing bridge is about 120 miles NE of Queenstown NZ.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 12:53:21 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6829 on: August 13, 2024, 01:00:15 AM »

Karen, glad to hear you had help with your yard and debri.

Baz, oh my, love the pics of Lil Bro and the carton of yummy chocolate ice cream. I wonder if he would share a couple spoonfuls  ;D what fun it is to be 3!! ..

Lisa, beautiful flowers this morning to start your salon day! Enjoy!  ;D

BL, I hope you will be able to see the Royal Albatross flying about or Hobbit land  ;D ... Have fun and Safe travels.

{{{Clynn}}} You'll be in our thoughts and prayers, safe travels.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6830 on: August 13, 2024, 06:50:36 AM »

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.
Those cute figurines I like to post are by sculptress Lori Mitchell.

Will be thinking of  you {{{Clynn/family}}} and hoping  you arrived safely.
Remember, I have prayer candles lit for you...sending them up and out.

{{{Karen}}} it"s nice to have fellas come to do the yard work. I’m  so glad for  you . 
  It’s just wonderful to be 'free' of all that.

Those snaps of Lil bro-adorable Bazi

BL say 'Hello' to Frodo, Gandalf, Samwise "Sam" Meriadoc "Merry' and Peregrin "Pippin"    in Hobbit world.  Hope you're able to visit the
film set and hobbit houses. You're so lucky.

Sending 'good thoughts' for Iris and Finn and the Kid-Os---successful migration and return  next season.

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, prayers & love Beakers & families.

Tuesday’s Tranquility

Tuesday’s calm lies wrapped in mist,
The world awakens from its dreamy twist,
Morning sunbeams warm my skin,
The misty veil begins to spin.

Serenity wraps me in its fold,
As the morning breeze whispers secrets untold,
The trees sway gently in the breeze,
Nature’s peaceful dance brings me to my knees.

Tuesday’s tranquility, so serene,
In stillness, I find what’s truly mine.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 07:12:53 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6831 on: August 13, 2024, 07:04:50 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6832 on: August 13, 2024, 07:06:15 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6833 on: August 13, 2024, 07:19:56 AM »

BL   Hey  Thanks for the update from the other side of the world!  17 hours.  How do those pilots do it?  :o   George Carlin - the greatest.   LOLOL  Hope you don't need most of that "stuff". :o

LANI  Love the good night pup   ;D

PHYL   Cute "sheep" exercises.  :)   Yahoo at Hellgate!   Tough looking bullhead seeking tight spots.  Nice spot of color with the kingfisher.

CLYNN  Safe trip and a good book!
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6834 on: August 13, 2024, 09:06:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - Sounds like you were very busy yesterday!

tsk - Thanks for kind words on flowers.  :)  Pretty good morning greeting

BrokenLug - Enjoy your trip!

Lani - Cute pup in good night post.  :)

Phyl
- Cute morning greeting.

((clynn)) - Thinking of you and your family!

kbshcb

« Reply #6835 on: August 13, 2024, 10:44:10 AM »

Lani - love the smiling pup!..

Lani

« Reply #6836 on: August 13, 2024, 10:48:09 AM »

8/13 Hellgate osprey cam
Iris brings fish for Antali and looks proudly as he takes it and begins his first lesson on self-feeding.
;D

8/13 Antali tries to break into the fish on the tail-end. He gets it turned around to the open portion of the fish. Now learning how to hold it in the talon and eat as he hops across the nest. Success at last at 07:24! First self-feeding bites for Antali!

7:53, 8/13
Antali holds the fish and we can see how much he ate himself. A great job deserves a celebratory slice. And then he swallowed the end of the fish! 👏🎉

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #6837 on: August 13, 2024, 10:53:51 AM »

Lani - Yay for Antali!  He has been taking notes and paying attention on how to break in to the fish!

Lani

« Reply #6838 on: August 13, 2024, 10:56:35 AM »

Royal Albatross - Weigh day update (from 10.10am)

Top Flat chick is 203 days old and weighs 8.8 kg. It has been a busy week for Top Flat chick with a supplementary feed on the 8th of August, banding and a Geolocation Sensor attached on the 9th of August, another weight check on the 10th of August and several feeds from LGK and LGL. During this time his weight had increased from 8.3 kg to 8.9 kg the 10th of August.

https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/track-the-chicks-weight/

Top Flat Track chick is 195 days old and weighs 9 kg. Last week Top Flat Track chick was 8.8 kg, but this was the first lower weight for him and not yet a concern. Both WYL and BOK are still feeding their chick.

DOC Rangers Band And Tag Northern Royal Albatross Chicks Across The Colony – Aug. 9, 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VU3gjD4m70&t=8s

Supplementary feed requirements around the colony have been on the increase over the last few weeks.

TFT chick testing his wings! ;D

TF chick this chilly morning. 45 degrees partly cloudy day  :-*

Lani

« Reply #6839 on: August 13, 2024, 10:57:46 AM »

Lani - Yay for Antali!  He has been taking notes and paying attention on how to break in to the fish!

I love seeing Iris closely watching her boy  :-*