Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 534933 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6780 on: August 10, 2024, 11:49:22 PM »

Wheels up and at altitude out of JFK.   :) 

Very Smooth home to departure so far .........

The longest non stop flight I've ever done _ JFK NYC to Auckland NZ.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/ANZ1

The 4th longest non stop flight available I'm told ?  Puff ?

Got good and drunk the night before with Pip .. "so I should sleep like a baby" .. we shall sea.  ;)   :-*

My boots on the Auckland ground come Monday morning @ around 8 am Monday 08/12/24.

My sleeping on a plane is legendary ... zzz ... 
Hey kid get the f off our plane in McMurdo Station Antarctica.   ;)
A to B committed.
Kick the tires an light the fires.
My broken lug shoes. You take off and land safely it's all a good day.  8)

Catch the flight to Christchurch on Wednesday. 
Yada Yada some Outdoor Equipment Business.

Then the old mates from Antarctica and the National Science Foundation come in with rucksacks tuned to my travel light Philosophy and the trekking really begins.   8) 
I've never been disappointed at this time of year here.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlFXhigvTvM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B34qwRrkSvQ
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 07:46:30 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6781 on: August 11, 2024, 12:19:56 AM »

Tsk, The dryer's heating element was replaced. The clogged vent caused the problem.... goodness, planes were so low you could probably see the pilots.

Kb, beautiful hydrangea bushes  ;D

{{{Clynn and family}}} what a lovely photo of your aunt and uncle. Such a sweet happy couple.... what a blessing it is for your mom to have Becky and Jennifer with her right now. Have all of her girls with her this week will be such a comfort.  :-*

Lisa, glad all is well after the storm, including the outside critters.  ;D ... I'm glad you don't need flood insurance. Our insurance company has raised our fees this year because of living in a fire zone.

Phyl, cute Caturday pics.... thanks for nature vid and RRP video of Newman.. great pic of Bob and James.

Hi, Tig, Puff, Karen :)

BL, safe travels

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6782 on: August 11, 2024, 06:28:48 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy  Sunday!

Currently: 65F partly  sunny , High  83F sunny,  with  Low 63F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Tsk that's a Mayfly!  Harmless. Those aircraft are really low  :o. Oh yeah I remember Olive Garden---years ago Nashville
location began adding red cabbage as a 'stretcher' to their salads. We've never been back.

Lani the look in that husky's  blue eyes; Bob   :-* and James ; glad you got the dryer repaired

BL safe flight and all

Puff Street Cat Bob was an awesome cat and a worldwide celebrity. He and James were / are involve homelessness, literacy and animal welfare. in the UK.   Their story can be found here: https://www.google.com/search?q=street+cat+bob+on+wikipedia&sca_esv=242cf7e29bae2be1&hl=en&ei=0Wi4ZqepKdaFwbkPlP63uQM&ved=0ahUKEwjn1aXrteyHAxXWQjABHRT_LTcQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=street+cat+bob+on+wikipedia&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiG3N0cmVldCBjYXQgYm9iIG9uIHdpa2lwZWRpYTIFECEYoAEyBRAhGKABMgUQIRigATIFECEYoAEyBRAhGJ8FMgUQIRifBUj2TlCeDFiTQXABeAGQAQCYAXSgAd0MqgEENi4xMLgBA8gBAPgBAZgCEaACgg7CAgoQABiwAxjWBBhHwgIHECEYoAEYCsICBhAAGBYYHsICCxAAGIAEGIYDGIoFwgIIEAAYgAQYogTCAggQABiiBBiJBZgDAIgGAZAGCJIHBDMuMTSgB_NS&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

{{{Karen / Piper}}} take care---keep cool

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Sunday’s Gentle Hush
The world awakens slowly, free from morning’s din
The sun rises high, a gentle kin
The birds sing sweet melodies, a lullaby to sleep
As Sunday’s calm descends, and all the world does keep

The pace of life, a steady beat
A day to recharge, to slow down heat
To breathe in deeply, and let worries cease
To let the beauty of the day, bring us to our knees

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6783 on: August 11, 2024, 06:29:16 AM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6784 on: August 11, 2024, 06:48:16 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING

BL   Safe flight - that's a long one for sure.  Be safe.

LANI   Problem fixed..How often did they recommend that the vent be checked??  B&T had a huskie at one time - one blue eye and one brown eye.. ;) ;)

PHYL   Thanks for the ID on my insect photo  :)  Beautiful home for those mergansers 365
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6785 on: August 11, 2024, 07:31:16 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, great 365, such a peaceful place for those merganser ducks! The Mayfly looks like a giant mosquito! Love the garden picture, I would love to have flowers everywhere! And an old mill nearby would be nice! 58 here, 79 for the high today! Nice! Thanks for the article on Bob, love the name of the film director: Roger Spottiswoode. So British sounding! It's a shame about James Bowen after Bob died, I hope he has been able to get his life back together... Mortgages, from my 36 years working with them: The seller has to disclose if there has been flooding in the home, but that's just a statement on the disclosure. In other words, they can lie. The lender knows exactly where the designated flood zones are and will require proper insurance in place before loaning money.

BL, sorry your sunrise sucks... WOW, that is a long flight, hope the heats are comfy!

Lani, glad to hear you are drying again! I hate insurance companies. Ours cancelled us after the hail damage 2 years ago. Our only claim in nearly 20 years. We have a lot of insurance company headquarters here, they have very elegant buildings! FEMA designates flood zones and lenders pay close attention to those reports, to make sure borrowers have proper insurance. Stata Fire Marshalls designate the fire zones. Then there are the hurricane and tornado zones. I don't know where one could live and escape the high premiums... I will be heading for Albion Tuesday morning, Cathy will arrive Thursday. Visitation Thursday, funeral Friday. I will head home Sunday.

tsk, is that a fancy mosquito? (I see Phyl has the answer!) Becky and Jennifer have been at Mom's for over a week, they drove down when June's daughter Susan (our cousin) told Becky that June was in the hospital. Becky and Susan have been close for years, they are avid book readers. Susan lives in Tennessee. I think I remember going to an Air Show in Chicago in the past! Lots of air shows in my lifetime, being an Air Force brat, they were over our heads every day! Lunch at Olive Garden is one of the best!  I miss going out for lunch at work, that was one of our 'go to' places!

Lisa, glad to hear that the B&B critters are all okay! Bandit back to normal?

The importance of a single tree, in Africa 🌳

Turnip Rock, Michigan, United States 🇺🇸🌲
This unique natural formation, surrounded by crystal-clear waters, is a hidden gem on Lake Huron. The lush greenery atop the rock adds to its enchanting beauty, making Turnip Rock a must-see destination for nature lovers and adventurers alike. Experience the serene and captivating charm of this remarkable landmark.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #6786 on: August 11, 2024, 09:22:59 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

Phyl - Sorry about your glasses.  Debby was in and out of here on the day she came.  Bandit is doing better, still on eating some small meals thru the day of wet canned food.  Pretty morning flowers, so colorful.

tsk - I thought your new glasses looked nice on you.  So many different planes flying over!

karen - I complained about the heat, and today is much better feeling.  Humidity at 58% but high will still be in the 80s.

BrokenLug - Glad you made it safely, and enjoy your trip!  Thanks for the tunes  :D

Lani - Oh no, on the homeowner rates going up.  Mine keeps increasing each year too, and this year it went up $200. 

clynn
- Bandit is doing better, like I mentioned to Phyl, just eating smaller meals thru the day of wet food.  He is even staying away from his rotisserie chicken, maybe he knows his tummy isn't 100%. You be safe on your drive back to Albion!  Love that pic of Turnip Rock.

kb, tig, Puff and all - Morning  :)

karengramke

« Reply #6787 on: August 11, 2024, 09:30:27 AM »

Good Morning!  Bl, I imagine you are now soaring high over the south Pacific!  Happt trails to you!

Oh my, Phyl, I have never considered red cabbage as filler!  Expensive and I have frequently purchased a small head to add it to a salad for texture and color!   Love the jared variety as a side as well!
Another heat advisory and will probably continue for a long time!   Allergies also kicking up!   Oh, happy day!
CROW, on Sanibel has admitted a red footed Booby!    Found on the beach on Sanibel, perched in a hibiscus bush!   These tropical birds live  on the water and have never been seen in south Florida.  An apparant victim of Hurricane Debby!  Blown off course.
Lisa, my humidity is 85%!

LisaG1967

« Reply #6788 on: August 11, 2024, 09:33:51 AM »

Good Morning!  Bl, I imagine you are now soaring high over the south Pacific!  Happt trails to you!

Oh my, Phyl, I have never considered red cabbage as filler!  Expensive and I have frequently purchased a small head to add it to a salad for texture and color!   Love the jared variety as a side as well!
Another heat advisory and will probably continue for a long time!   Allergies also kicking up!   Oh, happy day!
CROW, on Sanibel has admitted a red footed Booby!    Found on the beach on Sanibel, perched in a hibiscus bush!   These tropical birds live  on the water and have never been seen in south Florida.  An apparant victim of Hurricane Debby!  Blown off course.
Lisa, my humidity is 85%!

Ugh, on that humidity!

karengramke

« Reply #6789 on: August 11, 2024, 10:34:57 AM »

Lol, Jeff would love it!  Glad Bandit is  improving,  pepe ok?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 01:34:31 PM by karengramke »

Puff

« Reply #6790 on: August 11, 2024, 10:57:07 AM »

Phyl  I do have "Bob" books.  I will visit their bench if I ever get back to England.  I remember reading that James did have issues after Bob passed.   It was like an addendum to one of the books - He said he had to do better for the life Bob gave back to me.  I hope he stayed straight this second time.  Did you read different? 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/29/Bob_the_Street_Cat_high-fives_his_official_biographer_James_Bowen_on_the_publication_of_their_new_book._%287510771672%29.jpg

P

kbshcb

« Reply #6791 on: August 11, 2024, 11:28:54 AM »

·
The plane that carries horses for equestrian events at the Olympics is called the Air Horse One. That’s right. AIR HORSE ONE.

Morning all:

Lani - My homeowners and car insurance went up 432 a year, this year. Everyone's has or will shortly here. Before 2020 a carjacking was Almost unheard of. Now it happens several times a day, every day. Could have something to do with it here?....LOL

Safe travels: Pip and BL...can't wait to hear back on your trekking..

Mowed the back etc this am on this lovely day....Note to self: Yes yews, hydrangeas, trees needed some pruning, but my finger did NOT!...liquid bandage on it after cleaned...not to the bone, but a good prune of index.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6792 on: August 11, 2024, 11:34:50 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, a lovely peaceful nature video today.

Tsk, they recommend once a year. We'll have Sunshine Cleaning take care of it this time... and buy a cleaning set and do it myself next year.  ;D

Clynn, Love your colorful morning pics!  ;D ... homeowners here are complaining about the cost of their homeowner's insurance as their premiums have skyrocketed due to the fires in CA, Canada, NM and AZ... most have increased $5000+ , ours increased $2000, Mike's working to get that down... "importance of a single tree" Amen ,.. stunning pic of the Turnip Rock and the beautiful clear surrounding waters. Wouldn't you love to swim around it ...Thinking of you, your sisters and your mom... sending hugs and prayers  :-*

Lisa, our's went up $2000.. Mike's working to decrease it... awww {{{Bandit}}} glad he's feeling a bit better.

Karen, sorry about the allergies kicking up and that humidity! ugh!  :-\... awww, so glad CROW rescued the Red Footed Booby.

Royal Albatross
Top Flat chick is 199 days old and was banded with a Stainless-Steel band which has a GLS tag cable tied to it.

Top Flat Track chick is 191 days old and was also banded with a Stainless-Steel band and a GLS tag.

All this seasons’ chicks are now fully banded, 10 males and 10 of the females have GLS tags (see below for more information).

We are unable to keep both chicks on cam at the same time now as they are further apart. We pan over to Top Flat Track chick when we can.

I mage DOC. Darvic bands, males receive black bands and females are banded with the yellow bands for quick identification of the sex of each toroa. Most chicks have already received their alphanumeric darvic bands to avoid misidentification during the weighing rounds as they became more mobile during July. This season’s cohort have received E bands.

The plastic bands have been upgraded to high quality darvic bands that do not need glued down onto themselves.

Image DOC. Geo Location Sensor (GLS) tag to be cable tied onto a stainless-steel band.

As during Manaaki’s season* chicks are receiving GLS tags so that we can collect the location data for up to 3 years of toroa flights in research that has never been carried out in this species before.

TF chick receiving a little loving from dad LGK before he leaves for the sea.  :-*

Dad WYL saying hello to his boy TFT  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #6793 on: August 11, 2024, 11:56:50 AM »

karen - Yep, Pepe' ok...still stinkin' up the yard  ::)

kb - Oh no, sorry about your finger. 

Lani - OMG, I would have had a stroke on that increase!  Glad Mike is working on it.   :D  Love the pics from the Royal cam, and thanks for the info on the banding. 

Puff

« Reply #6794 on: August 11, 2024, 12:08:54 PM »

I wonder if the horses are offered an apple munchie in flight.

Maybe a drink.

P