Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 534952 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6810 on: August 12, 2024, 10:08:56 AM »

Yet another creation by the One in charge.

https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/454204441_897071422460955_6094593888582227539_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aa7b47&_nc_ohc=MIr9haGscZwQ7kNvgFuWJ3K&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AYD4PlDb3wR-vDkVYK_4eBBfv0wVmYn5EKynQz3NB6YiMg&oe=66BFB13B

Not to get too deep  - But this leaves a long discussion about how our behaviors are creating flaws/ruination of the planet.  There's also the road through Nevada recently.  I also read recently about finding seashells in the environs of Arizona.  Oh, yes, and then there's the non effects natural events in the Driftless area.  Ice age for some reason didn't show the same cause and effect sculpting there?

Maybe it's just the Big Guy above.   :-*

I apologize for the early challenge of what's what.  We can maybe influence, we are not totally in charge or to blame.

Back to my tea. . .
Good Morning !   
Clynn, love your morning pictures!  I think the first one is in  the mountains!   Makes me miss my Ashville .home!  Know you will get everything ready for Ed,
Kelsey and the kitties before your departure! 

Phyl, there is a difference in creation and maintenance.  The latter is not going well!   I will say no more except it is sad to read about dead birds and animals found with balloons and plastic in them!   Enough said!

Bl, hope you are having a great time on the other side of the world!

Happy the Filming crew has left Helgate!
Yes Lani, any word on Otis? Maybe too early for his return!  Even  with the unusual cool down in the midwest it is still  summer!

Oiper thinks it is time to start some action around here!   Everyone have a great day!

P

Karen. :-*
I think your intended direction was toward our dear Puff. :-*

And, yes it's sad. In fact beyond sad. Even humans have 'micro plastics' coursing through our veins as I type.

Phyl :-*

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6811 on: August 12, 2024, 10:09:36 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6812 on: August 12, 2024, 10:18:44 AM »

Good Morning, #CHOWS! If you are a seasoned CHOW you know we are often on the edge of our seats.  Positive thoughts and prayers as Iris transitions the chicks to self-feeding and for fish. 🐟🐠🐟Trust Iris.
Beauty is often disguised as hardship.
#BeAnIris

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, adorable summer kids! Goodness, Beautiful closeup of the dragonfly.

Puff, Tsk, Phyl I thought I posted this last week, sorry if I didn't update... The Yellowstone crew was there for only two days, and were gone by 2:30am the morning of the 8th. There was no harm or stress to the Hellgate ospreys as they continued feeding and sleeping on the nest. And spent time watching the action too.... Dr. Eric Greene was on the premises the whole time and was quite satisfied with the situation.

{{Puff}}}

Karen, it's pass the usual time that regular Brown Bears, Holly, Divot and Otis make their way to Fall Brooks. Summer is nearing an end. Hopefully they are enjoying other fishing spots.

Clynn, pretty morning captions... Sum-eh spends all her time on Iris's dead tree. Sum-eh has a good view of the nest and can see when Finn or Iris bring fish to Antali. So far she has won the fish away from Antali. Dr. Greene has posted Sum-eh is a female and reacts more like Iris, and Antali (male) is like his dad, who is quiet and easy going... Finn sits on a tree not too far from Sum-eh... and now Iris is spending more time across the river from the nest during the day. But, she will be there in a flash when Antali squees or if an intruder flies near the nest. Iris is always with Antali as the sun is setting and will spend the night on the perch. Both parents are stretching out the time for bringing fish to the nest, this will force Antali to continue to try his wings, Also, this forces Sum-eh to learn to fish for food too. Iris usually goes on her migration 2nd week of September, so her chicks need to learn how to survive for their migration too. It will be interesting to see how Finn reacts these last days before migration. Stanley and Louis stayed after Iris and made sure the chicks had left. I remember the last time we saw Stanley the youngest chick was following dad over the stadium lights and into the sunset. It was such a beautiful special moment, Eagle-duck had posted those special memories. It makes me teary thinking of both Stanley and Eagle-Duck. Lovely times  :-*
Stunning photo of Cathedral Valley in Capitol Reef National Park.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 10:36:54 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6813 on: August 12, 2024, 10:33:31 AM »

Tsk cute pink birdy this AM; it won't be long and we'll all be celebrating the arrival of Autumn. It's been so hot and esp humid in
the evenings that I haven't been walking. With Autumn the evenings will be cooler. ;)

CLynn pretty flora and fauna today; awesome Cathedral Valley in Capitol Reef National Park, Utah. Easy to imagine those torrential
rivers carving out those amazing rock sculptures eons ago.

Lani Yes you did post all that about the film crew in Hellgate and the nest was undisturbed. I read that and digested it too. Seems lately I either can't express my self accurately or something. Anyway Tks for Hellgate nest photo update.

Before I leave...I thought y'all might enjoy the following.
HAGD and evening.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6814 on: August 12, 2024, 10:34:10 AM »

Here’s how to see auroras—from the Great Lakes
Don’t worry about a trek to Iceland. You can see the northern lights in the upper Midwest, too.

Aurora borealis lights up the skies above Michigan’s Upper Peninsula on Lake Superior.
Photograph by Nick Irwin

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/article/where-to-find-the-aurora-borealis-in-midwest?rid=EBE150D77D2DB51479B2E2AEE712FBB9&cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=Compass_20240810

Sauces bald eagle cam

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6815 on: August 12, 2024, 10:48:25 AM »

Here are videos from Brooks Falls Bears cam posted by Explore.org  ;D
 :-*
https://x.com/i/status/1820961591791382738

https://x.com/i/status/1823017909779931259

https://x.com/i/status/1822636383829148144

https://x.com/i/status/1822087129733935156

https://x.com/i/status/1821962692418269664

Anan Wildlife Observatory Lower Falls and Caves Tongass National Forest powered by EXPLORE.org
Started streaming on Jul 24, 2024
Observe the variety of fishing techniques among the bears, on the creek bank or wading out into the water where the salmon are in the highest concentrations. You can even see them in the cave waiting for fish to swim by. Watch as they jockey for position at their favorite spots. Bears begin arriving at Anan in June, but peak activity starts in July, lasting through August. Bears have also been seen earlier in the spring and as late as October. Bald eagles, ravens, otters, and crows can also be seen sharing the feast. There have been a few wolf sightings over the years as well.
Visit Anan: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tonga...

https://www.youtube.com/live/UggbtL0oe2k

:-*
https://x.com/i/status/1821547688409579885
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #6816 on: August 12, 2024, 12:34:08 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cwy4j4kkxd8o
"horses are smart enough to plan and strategize new study says"

LOL, don't bother reading this....floors me they think they need a study for this.

W. C. Fields said: "Horse sense is the thing a horse has to keep it from betting on people"

Secretariat ran his own races: Trainer told Jockey Ron to let Secretariat decide what to do. Ron did and the rest is history.

On a horse thingy lately I am. I love them. Scott unfortunately as a young boy had to care for many of them in their stables..hauling hay and water, though a great rider, ended up not liking them. For him, too much work at a young age.

However, not a horse. A mountain goat....a huge one!

Walked Ollie with Chris..watered grass and gardens...then spent way too long indulging in Chris' current investigation: Scott left 5 watches....he's researching them all!...2 still work...but Chris will take them all with my help to be fixed/cleaned/ and links shortened..kinda fun...but, Chris is the epitome of a researcher.

karengramke

« Reply #6817 on: August 12, 2024, 01:15:38 PM »

Ohyl, you are right  Phyl!   Sorry, it was Puff!   Thanks for bringing that to my attention!  Distracted today by yard men cleaning up storm debris and weeds in my yard!   No. Excuse except not reading past the P!
Enjoy your stick people!  Never knew they made so many!

kbshcb

« Reply #6818 on: August 12, 2024, 01:29:17 PM »

UCI fiber is digging in our neighborhood...supposed to be cheaper faster internet.....the latest and greatest they say.

Just a few years ago, my boulevard was dug up for new gas lines, punctured by ATT running their fiber down the gas lines Lost a tree from it....among many other disruptions.

Now this.

My question: Couldn't you have not sprayed my stained cedar boards with neon orange?...it doesn't come off.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6819 on: August 12, 2024, 02:02:31 PM »

Baz, is there chocolate under all that lovely frosting?

I too love at soup as well as minestrone, a close relative.  A friend of mine married a great guy of italian descent.  His parents owned an operated a restaurant in Delaware that was said to be very well attended with great food.  Anyway Mary had some of her mils  recipes one of which wS meat balls and sauce!   While atMarys one time she made the sauce and ravioli!  After we all ate we sat around talking and suddenly Mary was getting cans of vegetables out of the cupboard , opening them and dumping them into the sauce!  I said, what are you doing?   Making soup!  Exactly how they did it in the restaurant!   
Who knew!  We had some tge next day and it was delicious!
😋

Karen, It looked like strawberry cake under Baby Bro's cake frosting. But I also got a 25-second video of his 3rd birthday cake and ice cream, which I would post if I could. It was hilarious - of Baby Bro sitting by his cake and reaching over to the carton of chocolate ice cream, which he used a large spoon to reach into and get a mouthful of. LOLOL! Oh, lucky you to get a yummy home-cooked Italian meal from the restaurant owner's family recipes, and the "inside scoop" on how they made their soup! LOL.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 02:56:35 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6820 on: August 12, 2024, 02:43:31 PM »

Lani, I'm sad that Otis and Holly haven't made it back to Brooks Falls this summer. I pray they have found comfort.  :-* :-* I bet Finn will stay for a while after Iris leaves and looks after the little ones a bit longer. Talons crossed that the kids become skilled fishers and that Iris and Finn have a safe migration and meet each other at the nest next season.  :-* :-*

Clynn, safe travels tomorrow. I know you are busy preparing. Hugs.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #6821 on: August 12, 2024, 03:29:12 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

It was salon day, and I was in much need of a color and trim.   :D

kb - That is a big mountain goat.  Glad you and Chris got out for a walk with Ollie. 

Lani - Thanks for the videos. Thanks for the info on Hellgate.  Good to know the film crew was only there for a short while, and Iris and family didn't mind.

Phyl - Thanks, Bandit seems to be getting better.  Pretty pic of the lights.  Thanks for the 365. 

karen - What kind of action are you and Piper getting into?

clynn - If only the trail cam had "smell-o-vision", but this nose on my face can sure tell Pepe' has been stinkin' up the yard. Peeeuuuuu!  Pretty morning pics. 

baz - Happy "3rd" Birthday to Baby Bro!!

tsk - Yes, so far so good for Bandit.  :)

karengramke

« Reply #6822 on: August 12, 2024, 04:09:38 PM »

Lisa,  thats why tgey calll him pepe La Pew!   Nothing real exciting!  Waskedhair, took garbage to the curc, oh, and got dressed!  Just a little moving around!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 05:21:48 PM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6823 on: August 12, 2024, 05:09:14 PM »

Well I knew I wrote a note around noon today but must have forgotten to send it.  ::) ::) :P

Will start over:

CLYNN  Cathedral Valley - Amazing

PHYL   365 - great photography.  Would never have known what that was if video had not been identified - alien  LOL

LANI  Thanks for the Hellgate update.   Loved the X vids - " sleepy time"  ;D  Anan Wildlife Observatory - New one.  wonder who got paid to allow the lot to be used - school?

KB  W.C. Fields  LOL   Happy to see Chris is out for a walk with you.  I think both of you are researchers!!

KAREN   So the yard got cleaned up today.  Do they bag it or toss in a truck?

BAZI   You gave me a good chuckle this afternoon with Bro and his chocolate ice cream  ;D ;D

LISA   Gorgeous bouquet of flowers  :o
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6824 on: August 12, 2024, 07:15:07 PM »

Tsk, toss it in their truck!   Goes to a county site. Not mixed with garbage, I think!