Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 541474 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6750 on: August 09, 2024, 01:12:38 PM »

some bounce

I had to stop and appreciate all things beautiful this morning as I left for the pool...

BBL

Is that Japanese forest grass in front tig?....it's beautiful....pros and cons please.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6751 on: August 09, 2024, 01:16:16 PM »

Howdy Beakers!

One question... Why would anyone have any leftover filet mignon??  ???  Just wondering... LOL!!   ;) ;) :D

Tig, (((Camper))). Several of my family members have taken meds for hypothyroidism, and haven't had any issues. They do get labs for that on a regular schedule though because sometimes the dosage needs to be adjusted. I hope Camper will feel better with his treatment.

BL, you've gone back to the future! LOL. Have a great trip! Next time maybe you can take the DeLorean Time Machine!  ;) ;D

Lisa, those tropical tornadoes are scary and a mess. Debby is a major Downer! It's so sad to see all the homes and businesses getting flooding damage - it take so long, and costs so much, to fix it all afterward. I just hate it for them! I hope your home doesn't get water in it! So many towns in so many states getting flooding from Debby!! I'm getting one last-gasp dangling rain band from her now - 2-3 inches of Debby downpours forecasted for me today - it just started about 20 minutes ago. Torrential downpours.  ::) :P After today, I am finally done with Debby's effects here! Hope you don't have a lot of trouble from it after today either! My niece/husband/LGN/Baby Bro all had to go downstairs a little before 8am this morning for safety because of a tornado that came over their town... one of many tornadoes in your area today, as you know. Stay safe!

OG, Debby has been a stinker every dang place she's gone!!  :P :P :P

Clynn, the parades will be fun to go to! Wow, wouldn't that be great to walk that wee path through those giant trees in Scotland!

Lani, awww, ((Milo)) has to have teeth extracted. Ugh on dryer repair. Don't know about the newfangled dryers these days. It sounds like an expensive repair. I guess any time anyone has to come to our homes to do any kind of repair, it's expensive.  I replaced one of the two heating elements in my dryer, way back when. The element was cheap, and my labor was cheaper.  8) I'm still using it!

TSK, another fun lunch outing with "the girls!" Enjoy!

Karen, hope your yard drains quickly especially for Piper to go out!  After Debby's last after-effects rain finally leaves here today, like you, I will be getting more thunderstorms too, unrelated to Debby, for the next 4 days. That time of year, I guess. Fingers crossed that soon-to-be-Ernesto can read the "Not Welcome!" signs, and turns north after he visits the Bahamas and then stays out to sea from there!

Take care, All.  :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2024, 01:23:22 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6752 on: August 09, 2024, 01:18:49 PM »

some bounce

I had to stop and appreciate all things beautiful this morning as I left for the pool...

BBL

Tig, your lawn and gardens and stepping stone path are all looking so pretty!!  Great picture of it, too!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #6753 on: August 09, 2024, 03:48:28 PM »

baz - I was wondering if the lil greats had to head to safety today.  We are a lil higher up on the street, but we did not even leave the house today.  I can bet that the Queenstown Creek caused some flooding on Main Street, which we call the bottom of the hill.  LOL, the leftover filet. 

tig - Your yard is beautiful!

Good night, everyone!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6754 on: August 09, 2024, 04:08:26 PM »

We got the news a little bit ago, Aunt June is at peace now, joining her husband of 67 years, Kenny.  He passed away 2 years ago. Waiting to hear the arrangements and then I will get on the road. Thank you all for your caring words...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #6755 on: August 09, 2024, 06:45:43 PM »

Wow !isa!  That is a lot of water!   I am guessing they do not have flood insurance and that they are going to-lose a lot  of  food!   Maybe  stoves, refrigerators , washers etc!  Hop they can survive and reopen!    The first disaster I worked was in Ms and the whole town of Hattiesburg smelled like Pine Sol!   Good luck to all these businesses!
Newspaper  today reported that  Debby moved east just before  moving over my county, hence our  lower rain totals!  What was good for us was unfortunately bad for someone else.

Not sure that the equity buy outs are bad and believe it may have to do with the terms of the contract!   Doctors here have been bought out by the hospital for several years,  my  ent practice  sold to a private equity  firm.   Several vets have sold to private  equity firms.   I have not noticed any difference  in services!
Hope everyone has had a nice day and is enjoying the evening!
Seds

karengramke

« Reply #6756 on: August 09, 2024, 07:43:55 PM »

Oh, my, while I was dilly dallying around typing I missed a lot of posts! Clynn, I am so sorry but with the lack of a cure, .aunt June is truly in a better place! L
So glad you got to see her on your last trip!  That  picture is truly a treasure and belongs in a frame!

Tig all your hard work shows in your yard!   Lovely!
Hi Baz and tsk, how was lunch?

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6757 on: August 09, 2024, 11:57:49 PM »

Clynn, beautiful morning pics, love the basket of lavender... love the walkway path in Scotland.... stunning pic of the  Valley of Fire State

Tsk, Dryer is 3 years old... heating element was the problem. But, the repairman suggested I get the dryer vent line that goes outside checked and cleaned. I'll do that first thing Monday.

Lisa, Milo's dental surgery will cost as much as the AC repair job we had last month. $$$$  :( ... terrible flooding in your area. I hope your feral kitties are snug in Jeff's B&B. Be safe and take care.  :-*

Phyl, love your morning pics... the handpainted pieces remind me of something I would find in a Swedish shop... Strawberry kitty  :-*... thanks for info on the Perseid meteor shower

Tsk, Enjoy your luncheon with the girls. I wish I was going on the river boat cruise too!  ;D

Tig, what a lovely yard and garden! A little bit of heaven.  :)

Baz, yep, it was expensive... leftover filet mignon! LOL! not at my house!  ;D... {{{You and Zippo}}} sleep well.  :-*

{{{SED Karen and Piper}}}

Good night!

Dearest Clynn and family, I'm so sorry,
sending gentle hugs and prayers.  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn's Aunt June and family, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 11:28:28 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6758 on: August 10, 2024, 03:26:36 AM »

Life’s Symphony

In harmony we lived, in rhythm we danced,
Our footsteps echoing, a wondrous prance.

With every breath, a new note we’d play,
A melody of love, that would never stray.

Though life’s score is unwritten, we’ve played our part,
A symphony of memories, forever in our heart.

---Unknown

Dear CLynn and family,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Aunt June.
You are in our prayers---candle lit on our prayer alter.

Love Phyllis and Jim

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6759 on: August 10, 2024, 07:14:03 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING

LANI   Heading to Sturgis  LOL   So maybe just getting the vent line checked will solve the problem???  Nice repairman to suggest that.

LISA    Holy smokes - That is some significant flooding. :o :o   

TIG  Your yard is lovely - Very welcoming and  cozy is how I would describe it.  :D   I also have a friend who lives in upper Mich. and she has been on thyroid meds for eons.  No problems and she's 90  ;) ;)

BAZI  Love the idea of a DeLorean time machine for BL  LOLOL   WOW  Close call for your niece.  Nope all ended up OK for them.

CLYNN

« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 07:16:19 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6760 on: August 10, 2024, 07:16:52 AM »

Morning.....my row of hydrangea starting to shine!...limelights.

Take care, clynn.

so wonderfully cool this am: 56 degrees so lots of outside work to do today....

Later

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6761 on: August 10, 2024, 07:18:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  CATURDAY!!

tsk, thank you, and thank you all for the comforting words...  We have been remembering the good times!

Phyl, thank you for the sweet words... they mean a lot...

Lani, thank you as well, Cathy and I will both be there Wednesday, Becky and Jennifer are already there. I'm glad we can all be there for Mom.

Lani, washers and dryer used to last years...not so much these days. We moved to Iowa in 1996 with a GE washer and dryer that my Dad got for us when we were first married in 1984. It was a used set even then! The dryer finally gave out around 2010 and we got a new set. That washer gave out around 2017 and we got another new set. That one is still going. Fingers crossed! And now we have a home warranty policy.

Lisa, I saw on TWC that Queenstown had some flooding in low areas. Hope you are not in the low area!

tig, beautiful yard! I love looking at the front of my house and my flowers!

baz, did you get a lot of rain yesterday?  I think everyone is ready for Debby to get out of town!

Aunt June's granddaughter posted this picture of Kenny & June on FB:

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #6762 on: August 10, 2024, 07:50:07 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....It's Caturday!

((clynn)) - So very sorry for the loss of your Aunt June.  May she rest in peace.  My street is higher up, but as you drive down my street towards the creek, it is lower there.  So, Main St was flooded from the Queenstown Creek.  I hope the people who live on Main did not get any water in their homes again. 

karen - I would imagine the restaurants and business do have some type of flood insurance, as they are in the flood zone area on the zoning map.  Both the restaurants and business have been thru this with hurricane Isabel and Sandy.  My home is just outside the flood area, so I don't need flood insurance. 

Lani - I can believe it on Milo's surgery! All the outside critters are accounted for per cam footage.  ;D

tsk - Yes, lots of water, and people don't listen to not drive thru it.  I had seen so many Facebook posts from our Queen Anne's County First Alert page, with calls for police to help with stranded drivers.

kb - Pretty yard!

Phyl, tig, Puff and all
- Morning  :)

Off to the store.....

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6763 on: August 10, 2024, 09:19:35 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday!

Currently: 74F   sunny , High  82F sunny,  with  Low 65F

Howdy Ya'll! Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

{{{CLynn and family}}}  lovely picture of Kenny & June  from their granddaughter, tks for sharing
{{{Rest In Peace Aunt June}}}

Lisa those snaps of downtown Annapolis floods--gees! don't want to drive thru that water. Take care shopping

Karen not sure I like 'big business' mingling in health care of anyone or critter.   But, better than 'big government'-- sans doute.

Tig
  lovely tranquil garden spot in your yard. Would love something like that in my yard. Sadly, much too hilly and steep.

Tsk   how was lunch w/ ' the girls" ?  Love the sleeping silver tabbies this AM

CLynn enjoyed the walk thru the Scottland forest with it's stone path. Cute Caturdays

Lani LOL motorcycle riding  bulldog from yesterday's AM post; the cost of pet care is right up thee with all the other expenses. But...
we love our kitties and puppies. :-*

Bazi  DeLorean time machine for BL  LOLOL;     a close one for your niece.  Nope all is ' OK' for them.

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2024, 05:01:42 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6764 on: August 10, 2024, 09:51:43 AM »

some bounce

Camper had fun at https://www.irishfair.com/ last night. I dropped him off/picked up. We have other plans tonight... all a nice distraction and pick me up for both of us, before he begins his new meds, prolly tomorrow. I have had a series of bizarre one day episodes... swollen lip (chips), swollen tongue (avocado salsa or tiny amount hot honey??), swollen tip of 1 finger (???)! WTHeck?!? Hanging in there.
Rosie may come for a few days B4 we go on vacay. Talons crossed. I get knee injections next week and the pool closes for cleaning so I'll need to use recumbent bike and leg press, etc.

BTW... in the pic of partial part of garden, you may see some dead shrubs that will be removed in the Fall and we are working to kill the bent grass on that side of the lawn (hence the brown look).

KB... pretty lime lights! I have a few Bobos (3 feet tall) and the large one is a Vanilla Strawberry (8 foot tall)

HAGD all

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)