Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 507932 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6570 on: August 03, 2024, 06:13:05 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, so peaceful, just looking at the Hellgate kids sleeping and iris on the perch...and I bet Finn is somewhere close by watching all of them... Thanks for the Royal Alby update, you are so good to keep us in the know! Read from the newspaper yesterday that Des Moines got 9.5" of rain in July. The most for July since the great floods of 1993.

oldguy, thanks for the videos! Yes, cool down coming, Tuesday high 77!  Cat vomit alarm, so true. And always on the carpet or rug.

Phyl, great pic of the Hellgate kids, the size difference is gradually disappearing, they both look wonderful!  Thanks for the links, looks like we won't be able to see any of the aurora borealis from here. The Cowbirds! A lot of them!

Lisa, I didn't know about the Willard Home either! That would be the place to stay! Well, it would have been better when the nests close by had eagles nesting in them, but that's probably the reason they don't nest there anymore.

baz, hope you don't float away!

FB video of cats mimicking their human!  https://www.facebook.com/reel/1653192442110285

Hellgate - some closeup professional photography happening! A Weiller

Not the best pic as I took it from a moving car- but it's a structure full of white stork nests. This was on a highway outside of Lisbon, Portugal last week.  Randi Golub

« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 06:25:13 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6571 on: August 03, 2024, 06:36:15 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... Happy Caturday!   

Currently: 72F   sunny , High 887F sunny,  with  Low 71F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani  tks for Antali

OG  tks for the links

Morning Clynn
we're all 'in the pink' today  :)    Wow! those stork nests!

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore..Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6572 on: August 03, 2024, 06:38:29 AM »

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6573 on: August 03, 2024, 06:58:22 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

OLDGUY   So true - jumping out of bed at cat vomit sound  LOL.   I could never manage all those cats of Claire's  :o

CLYNN  Cats copying humans - good ones. esp limping ones.   Love the stork nests in Portugal.

PHYL   Love the Caturday photographers  :)   Lots of eeriness to 365  :o
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6574 on: August 03, 2024, 10:15:22 AM »

Knock on Wood, Knocking on Wood!

I haven't seen one Japanese Beetle yet this year!..I think other's are reporting this in my area as well.
Suspect different in other areas of Minnesota.
They tend to leave early Septemberish.

Mowed and weeded the front....back okay....

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6575 on: August 03, 2024, 10:47:28 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6576 on: August 03, 2024, 12:21:46 PM »

KB   The rest was the smart thing.  Glad you are better.

LANI   Beautiful protective coloration on the big cat  :o

Wasp bit my finger yesterday. :P :P  Tylenol and icing per WebMD  Antihistamine as well for the itching.

Remember a while back I mentioned prayers for Tim's cousin Joe 59 with the astrocytoma brain tumor?  Update  All done with chemo and radiation - all 45 days of it.  He lives in Texas with wife but is home here  for a couple weeks at his sister's.  Open house today from 1-3 as he wants to personally thank everyone for all the prayers!!!  He's doing well.  So thank you all as well who may have offered a prayer or two..
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6577 on: August 03, 2024, 12:39:33 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers.....It's Caturday!

Lani - Love that morning pic, really blends in! 

kb - Hope the eagle was ok. 

tsk - I cannot imagine having all the cats that Claire has either.  I hope she has a team that helps her with the litter box cleaning. By the time you get them all done, you have to start all over.  ;D  Glad to hear the good news about Joe!

Phyl - Love your photographer cats.  Thanks for the 365.  Your email situation sounds like my yahoo.com mail when I let it sit for a few hours.   ;D

clynn - The inside of Willard's home is very nice.  Some of the Mods have stayed there the past two ATF's, but yes it would be a great place to rent.  It only has one full bath, and a potty & sink upstairs.  The upper floor bedrooms do not have doors on them either, and its kinda like an open floor plan up there. There is a gorgeous screened in porch on the back.   You have to talk with your inside voice when you are outside, cause you might just get caught on cam saying something!  ;D ;D

Lani - Awww, Iris and the kids! 

oldguy - Wow, that is some decent rain fall.  Aww,The Clark's. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6578 on: August 03, 2024, 01:03:43 PM »

some bounce,

I finished trimming the raspberries and a couple errant sprouts from the grape this morning; and pulled some weeds from in between the barberries on the back Blvd.
Stepson is mowing the lawn now. His dog, Oso, did a nice sweep of the garden and behind the day lilies... no rabbit scent found. Yay!

Hugs all around...

Back to the TV... feet up!
I broke my "eating plan" last night. We tried the new restaurant that took over for our favorite pizza place. There were a few "rough edges" but in all a good experience. The Mexican food was good and I had a margarita that had Grand Marnier, etc. And it came with a huge lime popsicle! YUMMY.   The chips are for "show" in the pic... I don't eat them.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #6579 on: August 03, 2024, 01:28:24 PM »

Back to the TV... feet up!
I broke my "eating plan" last night. We tried the new restaurant that took over for our favorite pizza place. There were a few "rough edges" but in all a good experience. The Mexican food was good and I had a margarita that had Grand Marnier, etc. And it came with a huge lime popsicle! YUMMY.   The chips are for "show" in the pic... I don't eat them.

TTFN

Drink, chips and dip look delish!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6580 on: August 03, 2024, 02:19:39 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY!

TSK, prayers continue for Tim's cousin, Joe. What a grueling treatment regimen he has gone through! I'm so glad to hear he is doing well, and can enjoy a family visit nearby, too. What a great idea for that open house. Hugs all around, to go with continued prayers for Joe's healing and comfort. Have you watched any of the Olympics golf? I've only caught a little bit of it, on the Golf channel. It may be showing/streaming other places, I'm not sure. Final round is tomorrow, I believe.

Karen, I'm sure you're preparing accordingly. Looks like wind coming your way, so I know you'll get your yard items stowed away as needed. And depending on the track that booger decides to take, maybe most of its flooding rains will stay mostly to the east of you - fingers crossed! Hope you don't lose power, or not for long, if you do. You and Piper take care, charge up all your electronics, turn on your weather alerts with the volume up, and stay safe and dry.

Zippo and I are all ready for what-the-heck-ever comes our way from TD Four/soon-to-be TS Debby. LOL. Of course, every update has a new wrinkle or wobble, but some people some places are going to get a buttload of flooding rain, wherever that system decides to slo-o-o-w down, and/or stall and sit, or loop-de-loop for a spell - and rain and rain and rain on whichever places it hovers. There will be no flooding issues for my homestead from that, but a medical procedure I have scheduled for Thursday may need to get re-scheduled... I will decide on Monday whether to call to do that rescheduling, as a just-in-case sort of thing - will not want to drive on flooded streets or through flooded parking lots in 65 mph wind, if that looks like it might be what I get here in that future timeframe. If the forecast on Monday makes it look like a possibiility for that on Thursday here, even though that's really too far out for an accurate forecast for that, I will re-schedule my appt, no matter. Minor inconvenience, only. I hope the people in FL, GA, and SC who will be getting serious flooding impacts will be safe. Prayers for all in the storm's path.

A new forecast package for TD Four/future Debby will come out at 5:00 PM Eastern time.

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)

Don't you hate it when a song gets stuck in your head?
  ;)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 02:32:19 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #6581 on: August 03, 2024, 02:26:59 PM »

Good Caturday Afternoon!  good news for Joe, Tsk!  Have a good visit!   Is Tim’s visit with the ortho surgeon
Monday to set a date for surgery, discuss  other options, recovery time?   I wish I could under go another surgery and feel that good again!  Not good, actually, just pain free!
We are forecasted to get 4 to 12 inches  of rain from  ts Debby!  Baz will get some and Lisa appears to be in the clear!  Storm coming in Monday!  As long as the trees stay rooted in the wet, sandy soil  we will be okay!
Anyone interested in seeing the olympics in person get your  hotel room reservations now for  the show in LA!   Here in 4 years!   I will not be going but I will try to wave at you on TV!  Lol!

See Baz just posted a Debby update.  Baz, the ts is supposed to move up the west coast of Florida and continue north thru Georgia turning east at Tifton, a little north of me!  There should not be any east coast problems except for rain asof the 11 am report!

Lovely colorful posts all week!  Think it was yesterdat Clynn outdid herself!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 02:52:14 PM by karengramke »

Phyl

« Reply #6582 on: August 03, 2024, 03:53:01 PM »

Somebody adores his handler
San Diego Zoo Tumblr Blog - The Shorty Awards

Thanks for the Caturday posts.
I've heard the weather forecast for Beakers in FLA and surrounding states. 'Batten down.' And, sending prayers

Jim got up early and killed and pulled weeds. Don't understand why he lets it all go for so long and then has an all day job.
Maggie's next to me snoozing and snoring.  :-* :-*
'Take out' to night---maybe Chinese or Tex mex.  ???

Lani that leopard on the tree trunk has purrfect camouflage!

Tsk Yikes! wasp sting of your finger---not your index?   So, happy such  good news for Joe--- ;D  Prayers work miracles.

Tig  ;)

KB  ;) :)

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6583 on: August 03, 2024, 03:55:14 PM »

Here's an early Good Night --Everyone... sleep well. 

:-*  Bob.

#istandwithisrael

LisaG1967

« Reply #6584 on: August 03, 2024, 05:59:49 PM »

Phyl - That would be a tough decision for me, like both! 😁

Karen - Oh, Debby looks to be coming near you, be safe!

Baz - You be safe too.  I was looking at that cone….. 😂 I don’t think we will get anything, but these local weather people keep saying 7 inches of rain.  I am not so sure about that.  We were supposed to have storms to this evening, but of course it split and went above and below me. 

Good night, everyone 😴