Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533748 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6600 on: August 04, 2024, 10:12:18 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lori, good to see you. I hope you, Destini and family are doing well.  :-*

{{{Lisa}}}  :-*

Phyl, love your morning posts, they would make great puzzles.  ;D ... wonderful nature vid! Can you imagine the critters that hide in that cave.  ;D

Clynn, beautiful caladium. Love your beautiful flowers and garden! Very welcoming  :-* ... I'm looking forward to seeing Dr Green's closeup photos of Hellgate family.... He spent the day there.

8/3 Wave 👋👋👋 back at Dr. Greene. ;D

Montana Osprey Cams Facebook
Hi everyone,
The chicks will fledge soon, and I have been reflecting on what a miraculous season this has been at the Hellgate nest. We were not sure that Iris would return this spring, and so her arrival is always cause for joy.  But she did not have a mate, and it looked like it was going to shape up into another disappointing season of laying eggs to feed the ravens. But then Finnegan showed up, and he has proved to be an astounding mate, father, fisherman, and protector of the nest.  Bringing in 8-9 fish in a day should win him an Olympic gold medal!
And look how far Sum-eh and Antali have come in just over a month and half!  From small, helpless chicks, they have gone through the ugly duckling stage and grown rapidly into large, vigorous and healthy chicks. Sum-eh has been strengthening her wing muscles and coordination for a while now, and Antali is kicking it into gear too.  Sum-eh is a dominant and strong chick, but Antali has figured out how to thrive while being the younger sibling. 
We have seen Iris excel at what she has done for several decades - be a strong and determined mother.  She has shivered through cold rain storms, survived a surprise attack by a Great-horned Owl, and shaded her chicks through weeks of brutally hot temperatures. This is all especially impressive given that she is perhaps one of the oldest Ospreys in the world!
Well done Hellgate family - thanks for giving us such unexpected show this summer.  We are lucky to have front-row seats!
Sincerely, Erick Greene and the Montana Osprey Team

Sum-eh Wheeeee  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6601 on: August 04, 2024, 10:36:32 AM »

Royal Albatross - Weighing and supplementary feeding Update (9.55am)

Top Flat chick is 190 days old and weighs 8.0 kg  :(  prior to supplementary feeding.  He was weighed at 9kg on the 23rd of July and has only has 3 feeds since then. LGL was in twice on Sunday 28th July and LGK arrived on Monday 29th July. We have fed him 1kg in fish and 600ml of fluids.

https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/albatrosses/royal-albatross-toroa/royal-cam/track-the-chicks-weight/

Top Flat Track chick is 186 days old today and has remained at such a consistently high weight that we are no longer weighing him weekly.
He is being fed by his parents more regularly than Top Flat chick is.

Video - Royal Albatross ~ DOC Rangers Give Royalcam Chick TF His First Supplementary Feeding! 💕 8.4.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWdSETzBaoU&t=1s

Aug 3, 2024  #TAIAROA #royalcam #albatross
This morning Ranger Sharyn & helper went to weigh TF and seeing his below average weight, decided to give him his supplementary feeding and fluids. TF weighed 8.0kg (17.63 lbs) which is down from 9.0kg at his last weigh-in taken July 23rd. During this time, he only received three feedings (two from LGL on July 28th and one from LGK on July 29th).

The rangers gave TF 1kg (2.2 lbs) of fish and 600ml of fluids for hydration today. TFT chick was not weighed last Tuesday and has remained at such a consistently high weight that they are no longer weighing him weekly.

I am sure that TF feels a lot better with this big meal in his tummy! ♥ Enjoy some beautiful sunset footage of him from  the other day! Many thanks to Ranger Sharyn and entire team for all their excellent work taking care of the albatross chicks to make sure they are all healthy and at a good weight! Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

TF chick with a full tummy will sleep well tonight  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #6602 on: August 04, 2024, 10:59:11 AM »

It looks like the main threat from Debby is going to be major inland rainfall and flooding.   :o

Quote from: NHC
1. Heavy rainfall will likely result in considerable flooding
impacts from the Florida Big Bend region through southeast GA and
the Coastal Plain of the Carolinas through Friday. Potentially
historic heavy rainfall across southeast Georgia and South Carolina
through Friday morning may result in areas of catastrophic
flooding. Significant river flooding is also expected.

Karen after landfall in FL the current track forecast (11 am EDT) looks to take Debby pretty close to Valdosta GA as a TS.   ::)

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/095141.shtml?gm_track#contents

Baz and Karen you all look like your going to be in for one heck of a wet, wild and woolly week .. do take care.   :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 11:09:47 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

« Reply #6603 on: August 04, 2024, 11:11:02 AM »

Sweet baby Rose  :-*

LOL!!

;D :-*

Have a peaceful and blessed Sunday :-*

Lani

« Reply #6604 on: August 04, 2024, 11:12:11 AM »

Sweet baby heal and feel better soon:-*

Keep practicing using that leg Beanie, you'll get there.

I feel a bit lonely, mind if I pay you a visit?

:-*

Gorgeous! Blue-crowned Motmot!  ;D

Lani

« Reply #6605 on: August 04, 2024, 11:13:21 AM »

It looks like the main threat from Debby is going to be major inland rainfall and flooding.   :o

Quote from: NHC
1. Heavy rainfall will likely result in considerable flooding
impacts from the Florida Big Bend region through southeast GA and
the Coastal Plain of the Carolinas through Friday. Potentially
historic heavy rainfall across southeast Georgia and South Carolina
through Friday morning may result in areas of catastrophic
flooding. Significant river flooding is also expected.

Karen after landfall in FL the current track forecast (11 am EDT) looks to take Debby pretty close to Valdosta GA as a TS.   ::)

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/095141.shtml?gm_track#contents

Baz and Karen you all look like your going to be in for one heck of a wet, wild and woolly week .. do take care.   :)

Thanks BL,

{{{Karen and Piper}}} {{{Baz and Zippo}}} and all in harm's way, take care.

Puff

« Reply #6606 on: August 04, 2024, 11:30:28 AM »

Glad to hear on brother's better news, tsk.  Hope Tim gets the best of news.  Prayers/Hugs. 

Picture of "spotted tree" had me searching for a while, too.  Great capture whoever it was, right time/right place/right equipment. 

BTW tsk no raindrops for 3 days.  Sprinkler sys paying off its $$$.  (Moreso than the radar and weather people odds.

Really happy after following Iris for years.  He found himself great mate and a great mother.  I didn't know she was up that pole for long; how long was she with the last bozo?

Great pics of the front of your house clynn.  I believe that caladium is an annual here?  If you get tired and want a change, I'll take that eagle stone piece off your hands!

I decided on a break - overdid yesterday in temp and work.  Good Olympic coverage today, though.  Long conference/meeting tomorrow, 10 am start, 6 hours, Tahiti and Australia.  Construction getting to and fro from Rosemont will add an extra hour each way on I294.  (Sheraton O'Hare on Mannheim  Tsk only one who knows or cares.  LOL) 

P     

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6607 on: August 04, 2024, 12:16:06 PM »

PHYL   On Sundays - I can just picture it.  ;)  Tried to find the artist on those whimsical paintings - cute.  Cave 365 - quiet and serene = perfect hiding place for that cute little frog.  Agree with LANI   The paintings would make great puzzles.

CLYNN   Caladiums would work - they can get tall = look at the tag when planting.  Your walkway garden is beautiful.

LANI   Love Dr Greene's blind - Looks like an owl   :o  Nice piece by Dr Greene.   Sure is a good thing these Albie chicks are being monitored.  TF losing 1 kg of weight - Doesn't take much.  I think it could be the food line on the sloth tree  LOL     Oh, wonder what happened to the little monkey?

PUFF   I believe they did the Olympic surfing in Tahiti  ;D   If you have a break - Call me and I'll run over and say HI  ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORA

Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6608 on: August 04, 2024, 12:50:17 PM »

Happy Birthday, Nora!

Phyl - Love your beautiful colorful morning pics.  Thanks.

clynn - Your flowers are beautiful.

Lani - Love the write-up about Hellgate, and pics, too!  Cedar Waxwings in your morning pic?  Thanks for the Royal and TRR updates.

BL - Thanks for the map on Debby. 

Puff - Have fun at your conference.

kbshcb

« Reply #6609 on: August 04, 2024, 01:46:04 PM »

Cool pic, Melrose MN...we had big storms in Twin Cities last night...3 inch hail in Long Prairie MN where my cousin lives and tornado warned storms NW of me...
I stayed up for the lightning show last night....ended around 11:30....

Mowed the back etc. now resting my back..

Last day I hope of ghastly high temps and dew points....cool down coming....Yah!

Happy Bird Days to all..

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6610 on: August 04, 2024, 02:15:59 PM »

bounce

Luckily, I checked my other email this a.m. A pkg. was delivered (to the incorrect door, the front) yesterday! It made it thru thieves and last night's rain, lol. My stepson called a bit ago and said he forgot to mention the pkg. yesterday.  :-\ Better late than never.

Happy birthday Nora!!

Clynn... Very pretty garden.

TTFN
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 02:50:30 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6611 on: August 04, 2024, 04:03:31 PM »

Prayers to all in Debby's path...

Lani tks for the Royal updates, plus TRR and the other critter updates---everyone looks good

CLynn  pretty front garden

BL Karen and Bazi are in your debt.

KB foreboding snap
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6612 on: August 04, 2024, 04:23:09 PM »

International Clouded Leopard Day observed on 4th August annually to bring awareness for this VULNERABLE category species.
Do you know Clouded Leopards are not even a species of leopard. And, purr  rather like a house cat.

Read for more details:

#InternationalCloudedLeopardDay #wildlife #environment #naturePhotography
continues video
https://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/news/meet-zoos-clouded-leopards#:~:text=Every%20Aug.%204%2C%20we%20celebrate,these%20vulnerable%20cats%20from%20Asia.

https://youtu.be/dpZFkAlPhMA

https://youtu.be/GiPJASkmuio

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Lani

« Reply #6613 on: August 04, 2024, 05:13:57 PM »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6614 on: August 04, 2024, 05:18:57 PM »

KB     Impressive skies. :o :o  Our cool down comes on Tuesday unless you can send it a bit faster. :o

TIG  You package weathered the storm  LOL

BAZI   Heard that Sheffler won the gold!

PHYL   Clouded leopards are beautiful cats.

LANI   LOLOL.  New puppy

BAZ/KAREN   stay safe
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 05:30:29 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland