Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 506665 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6540 on: August 01, 2024, 12:06:02 PM »

Phyl. .??

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6541 on: August 01, 2024, 12:33:42 PM »

Robert Fuller - "Filming a sloth mother and baby has long been on my bucket list and when I was invited to travel to Tranquilo Bay in Panama, I leapt at the chance. I started to investigate what I would need to do to film them. Sloths are notoriously slow and spend much time sleeping or resting, so allowing a plenty of time to achieve shots of behaviour and movement would be important."  https://viewpoints.dji.com/blog/uncovering-the-secret-behaviour-of-animals-and-birds-without-disruption

How I filmed sloths high in the tree canopy without disturbing their slow, secret lives   https://x.com/i/status/1819016374229864550

3-Toe Mother Sloth and baby   :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Clynn, no time to rest either Tuesday or yesterday... I had left early for what I thought would be a short day to help a friend and learn about a grief counseling group here in Payson and Pine. You know how time goes by when you're listening and quietly sharing with other women... by the time I returned home I stuffed myself with a comforting toasted peanut butter/honey sandwich and a hot tea... then started on my chores and then it was too late to post until night. And I was mentally tired, at my age that's easier and quicker to accomplish. LOL!.. the Sand Stone fire NE of Fountain Hills is 27% contained and over 27,000 acres burned. They opened both 87 Hwy lanes... beautiful Hellgate family... interesting about "Driftless Area"... great pic of the 3 furry family members. S&S have grown!  :-*.. sending Talon my prayers for quick healing... awww Miss Bella looking forward to future job possibilities.  :-*.. I remember when I made indoor tents for my little brother and sister in an unused dining room, especially on cold rainy days.

Phyl, cute little mini decor people... thanks for RRP blog updates.. love the home in your good night pic. In another time, I'd love to live in it... cute green lizard among the wild rosemary or lavender (maybe) ... wonderful video on Bird of Paradise.

Puff, I enjoy your Decorah cam comments.

Karen, sorry about the cpap... Mike just bought a new one too.

Kb, gorgeous Lynx I enjoy these wildlife cams on the ground, there are great captures on them.

{{{Lisa and her mama }}} I still have my late MILs email address on my list. I don't want to delete it.... I'm ready for Indian Summer, we're going into my favorite time of year. I'm going to get my silk sunflowers and other early fall stuff out today.  ;D

Baz, love Lil Punkin's curly hair  :-* ... great pics of great n/n with friends, beautiful good night pic.

Tsk, wonderful memories of your parents 2nd home in Dodgeville... good quick service for your garage door. I bet he loved your generosity of a delicious sandwich.  ;D

Tig, yesterday was a good day for you.  ;D

BL, sorry about the AC, I hope it can be repaired asap! Till then I think the cool northern hills are calling you, Pip and the pup.

Phyl, "Hashtag?"  ???

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #6542 on: August 01, 2024, 12:52:58 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1818965198134251731

Amazing video of fisheman/orca interaction.....hard to even believe this is real, but it is.

Storms last night: 3 mini power surges...east side of my town without power since 1am...something ain't right in my town....

1 1/2 inches will take it!.needed with the high heat....even got a walk in with ollie earlier between rain drops.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6543 on: August 01, 2024, 01:19:55 PM »

clynn - I totally did not read, and just looked at the pics earlier.  I hope Talon has a speedy recovery!

Phyl - I had wondered about the # removal too.   ;D

Lani - You have inspired me to do the same.  I need a lil pick me up.  That is a great pic capture of the 3-toe Mom and baby.

kb - Glad you got your walk in with Ollie. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6544 on: August 01, 2024, 01:29:19 PM »

Lisa... I had some leftover 80/20 chuck from making tacos... Combined it with some apple mango sauce, and real bacon bits and made "hamburgers" with some shredded mozzarella without buns. A side of Cheetos for Camper.
Since he went to breakfast and a movie with a friend... and I'm doing laundry... tonight will be chunky minestrone with andoiue sausage.

TTFN
« Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 01:35:04 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6545 on: August 01, 2024, 02:03:41 PM »

KAREN   Hope you can get that new CPCP today.  Kind of a surprise to get to bed and find out it doesn't work

LISA   I'm ready for fall as well.

LANI   Mr Fuller - a very determined and excited, well equipped wildlife photographer.  So you're interested in becoming a grief counselor or just that particular group? You are a good friend.  As you know chores wait.  ;) ;)

KB   Cool video.  Just drizzle for us today despite what radar showed  :P
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6546 on: August 01, 2024, 02:25:20 PM »

Same here tsk.  Grass is happy I didn't turn off sprinkling sys.

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6547 on: August 01, 2024, 03:11:58 PM »

Baz. Has lgns hair been growing in curly or did she get a perm?  I like the lookon her!

Karen, her hair is naturally curly - the same as everyone on my side of the family!   :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6548 on: August 01, 2024, 06:03:32 PM »

Well if I can believe the computer it says we will have rain by 8 PM.  Hmmm
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6549 on: August 01, 2024, 07:11:51 PM »

Now I can remove my hash tag.  ;D 

At the time I posted the above the news of their possible release just broke this AM on FNC. In a effort keeping w/ Forum rules I kept my joy vague. I really thought everyone had seen this 'hash tag'  that's been in my posts for the past several years.  :)

#IStandWith Evan  - I kept this on my Twitter posts and in the Beakroom signature to show support for Evan Gershkovich and  Paul Whelan,  Alsu Kurmasheva, and many others who were unjustly imprisoned by the Russian government on grounds of espionage.

I'm sure by now y'all have heard this wonderful news.
https://apnews.com/article/russia-gershkovich-whelan-d803e266cb4e60135ec5d668d684529f

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6550 on: August 01, 2024, 07:19:57 PM »

Thanks for all the posts and family news. I'll catchup later. Right now i'M so behind in my email it's--- :o ::) >:(

Calling it a day ... sleep well. 

#istandwithisrael

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6551 on: August 02, 2024, 12:16:52 AM »

Good night!  :-*

TF chick as the sun is setting!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #6552 on: August 02, 2024, 06:04:40 AM »

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Lani luv TF chick in the setting sun

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore. Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6553 on: August 02, 2024, 06:20:09 AM »

#istandwithisrael

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6554 on: August 02, 2024, 06:31:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, what a beautiful picture of TF at sunset! Great picture of Mom and Baby sloth by Robert Fuller, so sweet! Peanut butter with honey on toast, with a good cup of tea! A wonderful and cozy treat. I love all of it! I think you are probably already a great grief counselor... you have the heart and the words for it...  Yes, I can't believe how big Sam and Sophie are now, they will be nine months old Sunday! They are my 'little' stinkers!

Phyl, I hate getting behind on email... Yes, wonderful news of the hostage releases, it was on MSNBC all day and still this morning. Some happy families for sure! Cute good night pic!  Oh, that cuckoo chick, definitely outgrowing the nest! Love the old lady and the cat celebrating Friday! And the little hippie chick!

tsk, did you get the rain? We have been getting rain when it wasn't even in the forecast until the last minute (probably when the drops started coming down. We have had no brown grass so far this summer, and it looks like the temps are cooling down starting Tuesday! 94 high on Monday, 77 for Tuesday!

Lisa, oh how we all wish HD/HM would decide to use N1 for the coming season! I just don't understand why no one wants to use the two prime locations near the hatchery! Does anyone have an idea? Too much activity near the nests?

Hellgate - ❤ Antali and Sum-eh ❤ Watching the train and preening! Jenny Powell

Iowa Road Trip - Mines of Spain Recreations Area in Dubuque, Iowa   Location: https://iowaroadtrip.net/hiking-the-horseshoe-bluff.../

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown