Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533824 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6165 on: July 14, 2024, 06:03:42 PM »

LISA  Please drive carefully.  Putting out the word to St Christopher for you...  I'll be here and Tim has been told he is on his own for dinner tomorrow  LOL

KAREN   We'll get someone to take our picture   ;D ;D
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6166 on: July 14, 2024, 06:22:26 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

Lisa, have smooth travels and fun adventures on your trip to the ATF at Decorah! Hi to TSK!!  :D

TSK, I loved your recent close-up of Lulu!! She's so pretty!  :-*  My nephew who was hiking this weekend near Grandfather Mountain has a lot of hiking and camping experience, but I'm not sure which nephew you are refering to. This nephew is the father of the 4 twins, and recently traveled to Norway for a vacation and watching the Northern Lights there. His sister is the red-headed mother of red-headed Baby Bro and my LGN. LOL. She and her husband have hiked all around this country, and in many other countries on several continents, including their trip last year to Banff, you may recall. Glad you got the rain. My area is way too thirsty and the rain keeps going around me, for the most part. Hi to Lisa!!  :D

Clynn, hope you and Kelsey had a good trip out and are safely at your destination and enjoying visiting lots of family. Prayers and good wishes for comfort and healing for your aunts, sister, and Mom. Hugs!

Lani, LOL on the High and Mighty Tilda! Too cute!!  :D  I hope you and Aly are having fun - when she isn't busy crossing things off your Honey Do List... LOL! I know the pups are having a blast together, too. Milo will get over the snit... eventually.  ;D  Maybe Norman is giving it all the "Ho hum" approach - kicked back and enjoying the show.  ;) :D

Phyl, those cartoons are funny!

Karen, LOL, do NOT give Jeff any ideas! LOL!! Great on your PT progress and results!! 20 sit-to-stand, no hands, is awesome!

Oldguy, did I miss your card game result for this weekend? Hope it was a night for good hands.

Waving to All the Beakers! Have a Good Night. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 07:12:33 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6167 on: July 14, 2024, 11:52:38 PM »

Wonder if by any chance that Tilda the priest was the officiant of Lisa/Jeff wedding?   ;)

P

;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6168 on: July 15, 2024, 12:03:05 AM »

Where? Oh yeah.

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.   

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Lani

« Reply #6169 on: July 15, 2024, 12:16:55 AM »

Where? Oh yeah.

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.   

They go by too quickly!!! Poof! SED  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #6170 on: July 15, 2024, 12:24:29 AM »

Clynn, I hope you and Kelsey had a good safe trip and are settled in with your mom for a nice long visit.  :-*

Kb, sorry about your power. Mike had to cancel the Houston tip for the 2nd time. Hotels and his employees/families continue to be without power.

Tsk, It finally rained here today! A mini hailstorm with it too. Enjoy your visit with Lisa.

Lisa, I hope you had a lovely anniversary... Safe travels  :-*

Karen, Pepe  ;D

Baz, We're having a great visit with Aly and Dewey... the Honey Do list was cut in half this weekend. We went antique shopping yesterday, just looking.... and we helped one of my friends with her Mac desktop. She got into a tech problem, Aly has a Mac too. So we spent a few minutes clearing up the situation...  ;D ... Fun pic of the twin greats enjoying the beach. I wish I was there enjoying the waves too.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6171 on: July 15, 2024, 06:35:29 AM »

Another 1.5" of rain during the night.  A big thunder boomer woke me !  That's almost 6" in a week. :o :o

BAZI   Yes I was referring to the Norway hiking nephew.  Lots of fun for the kids in the ocean!

LANI   Good to hear your forested area got some rain.  I suspect we may see some flooding of the river in the suburb west of me.  So nice to have young people around to tend to us "oldies" and our computer issues.  Fun time antiquing  ;D   LOVE that good night photo  :)   Quite a tragedy for Houston.  Hope for a quicker solution to the power loss situation.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6172 on: July 15, 2024, 06:44:41 AM »

No power yet and storms incoming in a few and more later this afternoon.

Not sure if the lineman will be out at all today?

Have a knife stabbing in my back with certain motions but somehow I made it up to Caribou for a cafe latte. 2 of them. Can't believe I'm spending 13 dollars for coffee these days.

tsk - a close by pet friendly hotel is 349 before food and taxes!...thought about it anyway cause we are so miserable, the house/hmm, disposal I can't run, fridge?..is starting to smell with all the heat. Around 80 inside last night but somehow I managed to get some sleep and Chris still is....in the hottest part of the house.

Lots of "noise" out there about how Edina, our neighboring fancy suburb got most of their electricity back first before us...sure as shootin they did.

My report of outage somehow went poof on Excel site so re reported it.

I'm losing battery charge on this laptop and my phone is almost gone too.

Checklist: need phone banks and computer banks in the house at all times. Battery powered fans would be nice too.

Like I said yesterday. firing up that generator and running cords through an open window to run fridge and maybe one fan didn't seem to be worth it yesterday...maybe today? although all fridge food will need to be tossed, once again in 4 days....and freezer may be next?

I read they can wire some kind of "outlet" from a portable generator so as not to leave windows open for cords. Need to investigate.

Chow

Puff

« Reply #6173 on: July 15, 2024, 07:12:38 AM »

We all feel so badly about  your situation kb.  Hope it ends for you soon.   :'(

P

karengramke

« Reply #6174 on: July 15, 2024, 08:50:01 AM »

Good Morning!   Grew up without ac!  Kb, cant you Chris and Ollie go to your sisters for a few days?  Isnt there a McDs close by with power?  Cheaper ,   our last coffee and very good.  During our hurricane outage last year, I charged my phone on my car Charger!
Lani, reading about Houston I thought Mike would have to cancel again!   They have been in high heat and humidity for weeks, it seems!  Feel sorry for tge power workers who are out in the heat making all the repairs! When living in Alabama I accidentally learned that if you lived within a hospital power grid your power would be restored asap,   Quite close to one here but not in the grid!
Puff, when do you leave for atf?
Lisa, be safe!  Report in when you take a rest stop! Be safe!

Puff

« Reply #6175 on: July 15, 2024, 10:27:06 AM »

My out is Thursday morning karen.  Coming back on Sunday.  Y'all should make plans for '25.  It looks like good weather this year, too. It truly is a nice few days and even better with the beakers.  And, my payback for putting up with our cicada summer season.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 10:33:44 AM by Puff »

Lani

« Reply #6176 on: July 15, 2024, 12:03:41 PM »

Royal Cam update

Weighing Update: 11.08 am.

Weighing is early this week due to staffing allocations.

Top Flat chick is 174 days old and weighs 8.8 kg. He was later fed by a parent at 11.45 am. Putting his weight up into the acceptable range and not requiring supplementary feeding or a further recheck later in the week.   Last week Top Flat chick was a low weight of 8.6 kg but was feed by parents soon after.

TFT chick on left... LGL is feeding TF chick, look how his feathers are changing every day.  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

oldguy

« Reply #6177 on: July 15, 2024, 12:13:32 PM »

Good Morning Beakers

We missed out on the rain last evening - it evaporated about 20 miles before getting here and then redeveloped 25 miles after here.  Did get about 1/4 inch in the morning.  Now forecast is for a storm to hit here at 4:15 - will have see... ::)
I see that Minneapolis is projecting that everyone will have power back by 10pm.

Saw this report this morning...
Declining Butterfly Mystery Solved by Michigan State   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jBHrLF47A

It was Bath day for 3 cats in Japan...
Maru’s Shampoo 2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsv_0q1p0zU
Miri’s Shampoo 2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxVXvoHOnTw
Hana’s Shampoo 2024   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2W7wPG6iCk

For those that love the bass...
BIG IRON - Low Bass Singer Cover - Geoff Castellucci   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9RGO8IVO6g
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6178 on: July 15, 2024, 12:53:27 PM »

KB   Any way to have the generator more easily accessible?  Karen had a good idea charging phone in car?

LANI   Beautiful pics of the royal chicks  :)

OLDGUY   Balance of nature is such a hard thing.  I think this is my worst year for raising butterflies.   There is no way in the world I could give a cat a shower!!  LOL
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6179 on: July 15, 2024, 01:24:33 PM »

I’m reporting in, I am making good time. I am near South Bend Indiana exit my GPS says I should be in Chicago at 4 o’clock.