Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 512278 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6150 on: July 14, 2024, 11:40:26 AM »

Happy Anniversary Lisa and Jeff!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6151 on: July 14, 2024, 11:44:58 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #6152 on: July 14, 2024, 11:59:56 AM »

Wonder if by any chance that Tilda the priest was the officiant of Lisa/Jeff wedding?   ;)

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #6153 on: July 14, 2024, 12:11:17 PM »

oldguy , karen, Phyl, and Lani - Thank you  :-*

Puff ;D ;D

kb - Yikes, 10+ hours!  Is there a reason why the power is out again? Oops, I see you said, big storm.  So sorry.  Hope it is restored soon!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 12:20:19 PM by LisaG1967 »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6154 on: July 14, 2024, 12:36:51 PM »

bounce

Yep... big storms came thru several times yesterday. We were lucky, in our neighborhood, to get the rain, thunder, lightning, but not the wind nor hail. Hugs KB

I hope Tower and Mrs. are ok...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #6155 on: July 14, 2024, 12:59:36 PM »

Buy a few bads if ice.  Tgriw one in the freezer.  Put the otger one ib a cooker or your sink fir use in drinksps fir u and .chris!  Do not ooen tge freezer!   Do not ooen tge frige unlesstaking something out to eat!

Puff

« Reply #6156 on: July 14, 2024, 01:05:27 PM »

Let me apologize before hand.  I soon will not be able to speak because I'm near biting my tongue off.  ALA Phyl, I'm taking space to voice my thoughts and feelings.  I do know the rules.  Sorry.

There is an elephant in the room, in the world, in my heart. 

Twenty-three countries I've been to, not through (drive-thru and connections not eligible).  I seldom if ever read fiction.  I daily read the Tribune and watch Fox News, both sides.  I've voted both parties for 60 years (21 years old was the minimum).  Of course I followed things even at that early age.  I feel I have some background, points of view, and opinions.  They've even been all so pertinent in the last two or three decades.  Ergo, I will use our country's 1st amendment  ---

We have the most successful, beautiful, freedoms, admirable country of any countries I've ever seen, visited, or read about.  However - some novice, neophyte, know-it-all 20 year old wants to influence my choice in November.  I am overcome with joy and thanks that my selection this year is an option.

And, I'm not free here to express my thoughts?  I don't think so, sorry.  Long live our United States of America.

(That's all I'll say here - Want to talk?  PM me to make it more agreeable with the powers that be).

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6157 on: July 14, 2024, 01:24:27 PM »

Another downpour mid  morning  1/4"  Now is Africa hot in the sun.

LISA   Good timing this year so you can be home for your anniversary  ;D

KB   That is a shame with your power being out so longx2.  And you probably didn't have enough time to freeze some water in big bottles.  Actually the only way to save the food is to have a very large cooler - which we got - and a source for dry ice - which we found.  Then we got a generator!!

LANI  the Supreme Tilda Pontiss... ;D ;D ;D

Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6158 on: July 14, 2024, 01:46:41 PM »

The value of spoiled food can be taken as a tax deduction!   

Lisa, do you think you will have a new Snow White in the house when you return from atf?   Just had to ask!  Lol

Puff

« Reply #6159 on: July 14, 2024, 02:03:22 PM »

My thought kg Is that they might have what saved us when electricity had a major local generator blow out/blew up POOF.  Com Ed ended up reimbursing over $ 700, no proof of claims except that there were two fridges, one upstairs, one downstairs.  Out for a group of us, thousands? , for 3 and 4 days.  Remember the trouble, think it was over 10 years ago.

kbshcb

« Reply #6160 on: July 14, 2024, 02:45:23 PM »

Another downpour mid  morning  1/4"  Now is Africa hot in the sun.

LISA   Good timing this year so you can be home for your anniversary  ;D

KB   That is a shame with your power being out so longx2.  And you probably didn't have enough time to freeze some water in big bottles.  Actually the only way to save the food is to have a very large cooler - which we got - and a source for dry ice - which we found.  Then we got a generator!!

LANI  the Supreme Tilda Pontiss... ;D ;D ;D

No didn't expect another power outage at 1:30 am...funny I don't see any large trees down on any near to me power lines. Maybe blocks away? or more likely, we are on a high density grid that the downed lines could be almost anywhere.

Interestingly, cake eater Edina is re-powered and most of Bloomington. The poorest town of the 3, me, Not at all.

Their twitter account now said many in the cities? could not have power restored till Monday or tuesday, eeks

I didn't replace the last large cooler I had and found out the hard way no longer worked (refrigerator debacle)

I have a portable generator as you know. Requires me pulling it out of shop, not too hard, filling with gas, starting her up, and then running extension cords through an open kitchen window (second floor) to fridge/and a fan or two.

It's good in spring, fall, and even winter...this hottest time of the year, not so much. Though if I had trees down in my yard, ie. like our tornado, I'd do it anyway.

Problem is these days Excel is apparently not staffed enough to provide even close estimation of power restored to customers...

They say they have 1200 lineman out for the state...that was for originally over 200,000 without power.

Don't know how they decide where to do first actually, but we are down to over 134,000 last I looked. But as I said my neighborhood not so much.

They don't carry dry ice where I spent over an hour and a half just charging my laptop today...so hot I drove one block to pick up Davannis sands for dinner today.

Of course Chris wants a hotel room....if not done by mid day tomorrow I may surrender. However, my inclination is to think Ollie man might not be so quiet...??????

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6161 on: July 14, 2024, 04:14:52 PM »

PUFF   We were never reimbursed for food after being out for 5 days.  Hasn't happened since. This was many years ago.  I knew that would happen the minute we bought the generator  LOL

KB   Any hotels/motels around you that are pet friendly?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6162 on: July 14, 2024, 04:31:59 PM »

karen - I do not put anything past Jeff  ;D  He may have all those backyard kitties in the house when I get home.  ::)

tsk - Wow, you all are really getting the rain.  Hope to leave before 5am.  Will keep in touch with you tomorrow.  :D

((kb))

Thank you all again for the Happy Anniversary wishes, appreciate every one of them.  :-*
Good night, everyone!

karengramke

« Reply #6163 on: July 14, 2024, 05:28:28 PM »

Lolol, Lisa !  As long as Pepe stays outside you will be ok!   Be careful driving and be safe!   Give Tsk a hug from all if us!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6164 on: July 14, 2024, 05:52:58 PM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO LISA AND JEFF!!!  Wishing you many happy years ahead.  :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center