Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 541076 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6195 on: July 15, 2024, 09:41:15 PM »

I see that the front is now getting to Chicago land.  It was a lot of lightning, but not much wind - 18 mph sustained and 38 max.  Got about 1 inch in 1 hour.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6196 on: July 15, 2024, 11:37:59 PM »

Lisa and TSK, that's a great picture of you two. Love it!! Glad it worked out to have a girls gabfest and some good food. That dessert looks divine. Where's my spoon?  ;D ;) Lisa, you're in a hotel tonight? Glad you're safely there. I thought you were spending the night at TSK's and then heading out tomorrow morning. I hope you have good fun, good weather, and lots of views of the eagles!  :)

Oldguy, glad that line of storms wasn't bad when it went through your area. Fingers crossed for others in its path.

Good Night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

P.S. Baby Bro took his Jr. Park Ranger duties seriously at Mt. Rainier Nat'l Park.  ;) ;D ;D :-*
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 03:08:44 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #6197 on: July 15, 2024, 11:44:21 PM »

This is for Tig
KENTUCKY STYLE Thumb Picking Champion Paul Moseley   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_SHHFX7dmI
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6198 on: July 16, 2024, 12:50:33 AM »

tnx o g

sed
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6199 on: July 16, 2024, 12:57:12 AM »

Karen, good idea about charging phone in car, we've done that too.

Kb, glad your power is back {{{Vi and Dennis}}} {{{Ollie}}}

Oldguy, no way any of my cats would let me give them a bath.... thanks for links.... 117 heat index, terrible, you all take care.  :(

We had a nice rainstorm this late afternoon. It cooled the hot/humid day quickly.

Tsk, wonderful pic of you and Lisa!  ;D Very glad she arrived safely for your visit!... OMG! Where's a spoon for me to dig into that delicious ice cream/cookie!!  ;D

{{{SED Lisa}}}   :-*

Baz, {{{Lil Park Ranger Bro}}} take care  :-*

Good night from Puffin land!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6200 on: July 16, 2024, 06:19:21 AM »

:)    :)      :)

Currently: 79F sunny feels like 81 F  and a  High  98F sunny,  with  Low 78F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Baz Baby Bro, cute little fella and that pretty red hair

KB glad the {{{Ollieman}}} has a Rx and doing much better;  :(  {{{Vi & Dennis}}}

Karen  pets Piper

OG those heat indices ---reminds me the Mojave. Take care   Samantha was the only kitty that'd let me bath her--once. LOL

Lani glad you got some rain and it cooled  off; Puffin Land looks peaceful last night

Lisa take care in hotels & on the road, good to spend night-start fresh in AM; nice photo of you & Tsk

Prayers for:  The family of Corey Comperatore and all those injured on July13 th. Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.   'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee. Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . As always, Beakers/families.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

kbshcb

« Reply #6201 on: July 16, 2024, 06:30:43 AM »

Grand Teton National Park...we all know what this is ;)

Morning all and safe travels to Decorah today Lisa - cute pic of the two of you and so kind of tsk

Heading out with Ollie and then a busy day for me...picking up the pieces...dumped a whole lot of food, condiments and eggs etc. in one garbage bag so far..so heavy and more to go. A little at a time with follow up at grocery store today.....ugg. loss of 400 bucks of food just this last week. Two separate power outages.

I forgot to mention Michigan sent 75 of their lineman to us early yesterday morning in 23 trucks. Arrived yesterday and work started for them at 6 am....Thanks Michigan!

The added man power sped up things immensely except the tree cutters ran behind so at times the lineman were waiting.

Still some without power in my city...
Later.

Puff

« Reply #6202 on: July 16, 2024, 07:01:56 AM »

This is for Tig
KENTUCKY STYLE Thumb Picking Champion Paul Moseley   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_SHHFX7dmI

Reeeeealy enjoyed that OG.  Going back later to redo.  I'll not be getting much done this morning.  Later!

P

BrokenLug

« Reply #6203 on: July 16, 2024, 07:07:22 AM »

It has gotten ugly outside - temp is 94 and dew point is 84 - feels like 117 - heavy T-storms to begin at 4:30 and last until 8:45  - NW Iowa is starting to pop up with cells -
The big storms will not get started for another 60-90 min.  Expected to get to Chicago land about 8pm  75+ winds are possible.

KB - how big of a Power station did you get?  I have seen some that will power most of a house for $5000 to $7500 - cheap ones ($200-300) that will run a refrig and some lights.
The longest outage in 29 years, that I have had was this spring, it lasted about 1 hour.  A squirrel shorted out something at the sub-station 1/2 mile away.  Most of the power is underground in this part of town, so not effected by falling trees.

Yikes oldguy that certainly is an ugly temperature.
I know you get "corn sweat" in your neck of the plains but that's ridiculously hot !

Believe it or not a 94° F temp coupled with the 84° F dew point actually = 122° F feels like temp if my handy dandy heat index calculator is correct.

It's technically possible to add another 14° to the 122° if one was in direct sunlight with no air movement, which would feel like 136°.   :o   ::)  That would be 2° above the all time record of 134° (ambient/thermometer) air temp set in Death Valley
in 1913. Now doesn't that just cool you right the heck off.   ;)

https://www.calculator.net/heat-index-calculator.html?airtemperature2=94&airtemperatureunit2=fahrenheit&dewpoint=84&dewpointunit=fahrenheit&ctype=2&x=Calculate#dewpoint

« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 07:21:01 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6204 on: July 16, 2024, 07:17:15 AM »

Another 1.25" from this storm.  NWS will be evaluating today how many actual tornados hit the ground.  Lots of trees down about a mile or two from my back yard.  Only small branches on my big maple.  Pretty scary tho for a while there.  Whether O'Hare actually had a tornado - as they thought -will be determined today.  Now that it is light  - further weather reports will be revealing.

BAZI   What a darling photo of ranger " Lil Bro"   ;)   I think Lisa feels she's disturbing us too much  NOT  ;) ;) ;)  She got on the road by 6:30 - Should be in Decorah by noon unless she puts the wings back out on her car.  ;D

LANI   Also good to hear you got some rain as well.

PHYL   " GOOD" breakfast  :)

KB  I love the big cats  :)
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6205 on: July 16, 2024, 07:32:29 AM »

Lots of excitement by you and me last night, tsk

Damage in Norridge, they said they were watching 9 tornadoes and will evaluate today if any/how many touched down.  Obviously there was shut down at O'Hare.

At my back door, Joliet SW of Darien, resulted in inbound I55 being closed still today.  Power lines on interstate.  Will County suffered, they aren't even speculating on when power will be restored.  Bad stuff missed me in DuPage County.  Now they're saying parts of I55 closed in both directions.

Trees and power lines caused mucho problems that are lingering into this morning.  Originally had 300,000 people without electric, even at Loop, Grant Park, and Lake Shore Drive.  Also trying to decide on straight line derecho vs. tornado.

Lots of cleanup on my estate.   :-\  Busy already getting things in order for ATF - now more.

P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 07:40:20 AM by Puff »

BrokenLug

« Reply #6206 on: July 16, 2024, 07:54:43 AM »

On a cooler and less severe note.
Those headed to Decorah land and the ATF this weekend are in for some mighty sweet July weather for that area.   :) 8)

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.2755&lon=-91.7394
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #6207 on: July 16, 2024, 08:38:36 AM »

Same here BL.  Looks like the week ahead is low 80's, no storms/rain, partly sunny.  The best illustration of taking the good with the bad.

P

Phyl

« Reply #6208 on: July 16, 2024, 08:58:34 AM »

We have no chance of rain until Wednesday  light rain and then heavier rain on Thursday with light rain returning Sunday
and Monday. Our high temps for  these days will be low 90's and upper 80's.

Y'all with severe weather take care and sending prayers for all impacted. Decorah weather sounds perfect for the ATF.

Love those big cats!   :-* Puma, Cougar ...Mountain Lion which ever one calls this beauty.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #6209 on: July 16, 2024, 08:58:59 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

July 15, 2024: News and NestFlix From Decorah North and Trempealeau

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/07/15/32393/

« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 09:14:43 AM by Phyl »