Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 508386 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6135 on: July 13, 2024, 08:43:08 PM »

Jim just grilled a garlic pepper tenderloin. I have So. Potato salad, egg salad stuffed celery, garden salad

Karen watching news segment Butler, PA. His ear was hit by a bullet & very lucky at that.  Our society is in a sad sick place.
I saw the segment on Richard Simmons, RIP.

TIG scammers everywhere for every reason---can't be too careful in this  world.

Tsk
ahhhh... the 'Blue eyes' songbook  ;)

CLynn hopefully you and Kelsey are at  your mom's all safe and sound.

Lisa when Jim mowed he would mow the t wo lawns top (front)first then back second.

KB   

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6136 on: July 13, 2024, 08:46:13 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.   

#istandwithisrael

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6137 on: July 13, 2024, 10:47:34 PM »

Good evening, Beakers.

RIP Dr. Ruth (Westheimer), who died peacefully yesterday at her NYC home, at the age of 96.

I'm attaching a picture taken by my nephew, of part of his 8-mile hike today on Grandfather Mountain, NC. He's the father of my 4 twin "greats." They weren't on the hike with him today though, LOL. I just thought it was a pretty and peaceful place in Nature at that part of the hike. It's always nice to go for a walk in the woods. (Click the attached pic to enlarge it and turn it right-side up.)

Good night, Beakers. Peace. More Peace. SED.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6138 on: July 14, 2024, 12:30:24 AM »

Good night Beakers!
I hope everyone's been well, and you've had a good Caturday. See you tomorrow!
:-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #6139 on: July 14, 2024, 02:14:04 AM »

Welp....power went out again an hour ago...big storm here.

Just bought food for a week and moved some to the freezer.

thousands out this time and hotter

Phyl

« Reply #6140 on: July 14, 2024, 05:48:55 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!

Currently: 74F partly  sunny , High  97F sunny,  with  Low 74F

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Bazi I remember "Dr. Ruth' , may she rest in peace.  :-*   Your nephew likes to 'forest bath' and Grandfather Mtn. is a good area
for than

Lani  'How to train your human.'  ;D

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers., Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6141 on: July 14, 2024, 05:55:41 AM »

All Things Bears
We have been as busy as a bear shoving salmon after salmon in thier mouths, and we are so here for it. The reigning Queen Grazer herself made an appearance with brand new spring cubs while everyone is posturing at the falls for the best fishing spot. The salmon have finally
started to arrive, and we are all glued to the cams asking ourselves the same question, "Will Otis return?"
While we ponder the biggest question of the year, we had some fantastic live chats this week. We caught lots of action on our Play by Play of Brooks falls this week, and learned about the real heros of Katmai, the salmon. 

Have you been a winner of Fan Cam Friday before? We want to see your prizes! Send us a picture of your past wins for a chance to be featured on our shows. Email us at [email protected] with your Fan Cam prizes. We can't wait to see everyone's collections!
Click through the individual snapshots to visit each gallery, and if you are the photographer, make sure to email us at [email protected] with your shipping address to claim your Fan Cam Friday prize! Be sure to send us a link to your winning snapshot.

And next week we have so many more! The Beluga boat is live again, and we are so excited to swim alongside these amazing white whales. Check out the tour schedule here.  And we can't forget about the incredible (and adorable) seabirds of Seal Island. Join us July 16th at 4pm PT as we chat with Gloria Jin of the Seabird Institute about their nesting habits.

We also have a brand new show this Monday, July 15th at 9AM, Drawn to Explore. Join artist Sara Wolman and Mike Fitz as they host an artist naturalist tutorial all about bears. Join in and draw, or sit back and relax and hone your nature observation skills.
Never Stop Learning,
Your extended family at explore.org

We had a hunch with Grazer's size last year that she would be back in a BIG way.

The apple sure does not fall far from the tree.

For more snaps and info visit: https://news.explore.org/t/r-e-tdjitdkl-btitthrhyu-s/

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6142 on: July 14, 2024, 06:49:21 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING

Nice thunderstorm moved through last night - another 2" of rain.  :o

PHYL  Good Saturday night dinner.  I love tenderloin  ;)

BAZI   Boy I remember Dr. Ruth.  I did not hear about her passing.  RIP   Great hiking trail.  This is the nephew that hikes all over right?  Missed the last set of women's finals but did see the outcome.  Great interviews.

LANI    You had a busy day and you and Aly are having a busy fun time.  Is Mike's trip cancelled again?   Your cartoons are hilarious.
" that's an old picture"  LOLOL    " pulled pork farm"   ;D ;D ;D   Thanks for the Explore update

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LISA AND JEFF

« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 06:51:25 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6143 on: July 14, 2024, 07:06:01 AM »

bounce

KB... rats!

Happy Anniversary Lisa and Jeff!

HAGD all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #6144 on: July 14, 2024, 07:18:34 AM »

WOW - Just checked the calendar/myself.  It is Sunday?  Really?  Where did Saturday go?
I will be back. . .

LisaG1967

« Reply #6145 on: July 14, 2024, 07:55:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Sunday!

Puff - Morning  :)

tig - Thank you  :-*

tsk - Thank you  :-*  I am glad to be home today with Jeff on our Anniversary.  The past three years, I have either been on the road to Decorah, or in Decorah by now.  :)  Wowza, two inches of rain.  I think I will be running into some rain on my drive tomorrow.   :-\

Phyl - Thanks for the All things bears post.  Pretty flowers.  Your dinner sounded delish!

kb - Hope you are not too long without power. 

Lani - Hope you are having a great time with Aly.  Love the Caturday pic.

baz - That does look like a very peaceful place your nephew took a hike. 

karen - So sad, all the happenings!

I have to get this suitcase packed and get organized.  Be back later  :)

oldguy

« Reply #6146 on: July 14, 2024, 08:50:24 AM »

Happy Anniversary Lisa & Jeff

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #6147 on: July 14, 2024, 09:43:19 AM »

Hapoy Anniversary Lisa and Heff!  Have a fun day after you pack!   No rain here, temps continue in the 90’s.
Nice dinner Phyl.  Good bear report.
Very funny cartoons!  Great shot of Grandfather mountain!  Love that area of NC  Baz.  Thanks for posting.
Saw that about Dr. Ruth!   Lived a long life!

Phyl

« Reply #6148 on: July 14, 2024, 11:20:54 AM »

Lisa and Jeff...

...wishing you both a wonderful celebration with many more years to come.

#istandwithisrael

kbshcb

« Reply #6149 on: July 14, 2024, 11:31:21 AM »

What a friggin nightmare.

No estimate yet....power now off for 10 1/2 hours....stil 135,000 customers without power in the Twin Cities. No excel trucks around.

Had to go up to a Caribou which had power and plug my laptop in to charge it. After 1 1/5 hours and only 89 percent charged I gave up.

We don't know how long our phone bank will keep charging our phones.

Just wish they could say today, tomorrow or gues at one of the two so we knew what to do.

It's very hot and humid today.

My cubed ice in freezer is now melting down on the food.....

Second long time in 3 days for my neighborhood.