Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 431331 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6120 on: July 13, 2024, 06:38:22 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING

OLDGUY  Similar weather here  90's next 3 days.  Tues a cool down.  Cool original song by Colt Clark.  They are sure going places.  Good looking forecast for ATF.  ;D

Hang in there BAZI  :-*

PUFF  I'm not sure we have seen such a close bonding between young eagles before?

CLYNN  Your S&S picks are so funny  ;D ;D  They sure love their tower.  Safe trip today and have a wonderful time .Beautiful BB from Wildheart.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6121 on: July 13, 2024, 07:15:07 AM »

Great capture of LuLu  tsk.  Colorings bright, colorful, and right on.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #6122 on: July 13, 2024, 07:17:35 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1811515980280926540

I want to do what this dog does today. Instead, I am heading out back to start mowing, asap...before it gets too hot. Who knows, i may only make it half way, but that's then half the yard without massive grass cuts laying down...

Later.

karengramke

« Reply #6123 on: July 13, 2024, 11:18:56 AM »

Hopefully Clynnand Kelsey are rolling down tge road tiward The Land of Lincoln, .carl .sandburg and other famous fokks!  Someone mentioned Carol Lawrence tge other day and her real last name was Laria!   Her brother was a year ahead of me in high school and she was a year or two older.  Think she may have graduated with Gene  Cerna.  Anyway, Have a good trip and I hope you find your Mother in good shape!   Waiting. For a new diagnosis on Aunt June!  The first one seems hard. To believe!

Picture if the three kitties, orange and white look like triplets!  Cute pictures of Lulu, Sam, Sophie and Harley!  The Siamese are comfortable and feel safe or they would not sleep in their backs like that!  Good job!

Grubex can cause problems with dogs and other animals if ingested, inhaled or on skin!  Canned pumpkin, a tablespoon, mixed with food can alleviate digestive issues s a temporary measure.   Not pie pumpkin.

Temperatures continue to be in the mid nineties!  No or very little rain and now in a near drought!  Sprinkler system will have to go back on today!  Water is expensive here ,But then so is new  landscaping!  Almost no annuals for sale here now as it is too hard to keep them alive at the growers or nurseries .  My petunias  bit the dust this week  and they hve been replaced with  white  vinca.   Very bright! Pt went wellyesterday!  Did 20;sit to  stand without using my arms or hands!
Have some outdoor chores!  Stay cool!

LisaG1967

« Reply #6124 on: July 13, 2024, 11:35:09 AM »

Good Morning, almost Afternoon Beakers

oldguy - Thanks for the reminder!  I keep mine in the car.  I hope it is still good.  :)

Phyl - Yum on the Chinese takeout for dinner.  I wanted to have steamed shrimp, but now you have me hankering for Chinese.

Lani - What a sweet good night pic!

Puff - You stay cool, too!

clynn - Have a safe trip, and enjoy!!  Love the pics of your kitties!

tsk - Beautiful close-up of Lulu. 

kb - Hope you got all your grassed mowed before it got too hot.

karen - Love white Vinca's, have a variety of colors in my flower pots out front.  Glad to hear that PT went well.  You and Piper stay cool.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6125 on: July 13, 2024, 12:02:20 PM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6126 on: July 13, 2024, 12:15:26 PM »

KB   Tim only did the front yard this AM.  Will do the back tomorrow.

KAREN   20 sit to stand with no hand support - WOW..Great job.  Not easy.

LISA   Such a cute AM pic  :D

PHYL   What a helpful kitty  ;D   Cute kitty memes.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #6127 on: July 13, 2024, 12:25:00 PM »

Lisa - My intuition told me to "hurry up"...started at 7:15am and finished just before a storm..
I had to laugh again...
Thanks....just now went out between rain drops to weed whip and now a storm coming inbound.

Too hot for anything else today....it's the high dewpoints....more storms tonight.

Which is good for me. I spoke with a different plumber who said this with my pic:

It's a cheap Made in China vacuum breaker.....the whole thing needs to be replaced as you won't find a part at a home depot etc. for it.....omg.

He said Blaylock who had a great reputation for decades....their sewer guys, older guys, are good...their new plumbers not so much and they probably found a cheap faucet and stuck it on...for 600 bucks.

Still waiting for Jack to get out to me to take a look see to find out if true or not...

This does happen with many well known large companies....as he said: Who knows who runs the place anymore?

I'm devastated but learned and wish to share with as many as I can. Older "reputable" companies can be no longer....

Still best to go with one man or smaller shops....esp. in today's world.
That's my lesson and I'm sticking with it. ;)

kbshcb

« Reply #6128 on: July 13, 2024, 12:57:00 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1812148191455756313

This never gets old for me. This is Kate herding a flock of sheep in the rain at the English/Scottish border.

I'm 5 percent either English or Scottish...I hear most likely Scottish...whom I adore btw.

LisaG1967

« Reply #6129 on: July 13, 2024, 01:29:56 PM »

tsk - Thank you!  Jeff does the same as Tim sometimes....cuts the front and then next day cuts the back, especially if its too hot.

kb - Glad you made it before the storm!

Phyl - Cute Caturday funnies!

karengramke

« Reply #6130 on: July 13, 2024, 02:32:01 PM »

Clynn and Kelsey will be at her mothers by 3:15 or 🧐3:30!  On a two lane so hopefully they will not get behind a tractor or columbine!

Lani, hope you and Aly are having a great time!  What has Mike decided about Houston?
Swept the garage this afternoon!  Heat diesnt bother me  but my back does!   Lol.

Puff

« Reply #6131 on: July 13, 2024, 02:59:32 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1812148191455756313

This never gets old for me. This is Kate herding a flock of sheep in the rain at the English/Scottish border.

I'm 5 percent either English or Scottish...I hear most likely Scottish...whom I adore btw.

Whenever I help someone get to Ireland it is always my must recommendation.  Not only are they good at what they do - you just feel the joy in their completion!

But there's also a compulsion of the ranch/dog/sheep owner to show other daily chores.  Caution!  Beware of any offers of Irish soda bread.  BLAH! Take a small piece if you must.  We're used to American Irish soda bread.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6132 on: July 13, 2024, 04:51:03 PM »

some bounce

Unexpected but welcome rain today.

Unwelcomed doorbell ring and knock, which luckily I could not answer before he left. Lucky for him....he didn't get a piece of my wrath. He left a doorknob hanger which would lead  someone to think there was a problem with the city water and call the number. I checked out the info on the company by searching the web, that was in miniscule font. Many communities have recommended folks call 911 as this company is scamming folks into buying a water softener by preying on them. I called our nonemergency number to report.

SED
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 04:53:12 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6133 on: July 13, 2024, 05:00:34 PM »

KB   Who on earth can you believe??    LOL  I could watch border collies all day.  So cute at the end.  " Did I do OK?"

KAREN    You sure keep yourself busy.  They should certainly be there by now..5PM CST

TIG    The world never used to be like this.

Off with Barb at 6:30  to go to our local Chorale group do a " Sinatra songbook".   ;D ;D
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #6134 on: July 13, 2024, 07:05:35 PM »

Trump. Shot at but ok.  At a rally in .butler, PA. 
Richard
Simmons has died, at his home.