Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 415024 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6105 on: July 12, 2024, 12:57:21 PM »

Bald eagle perching on the fallen log/tree this morning.  Everyone else went elsewhere!

On the Miss Flyway cam:
Talk about regal.  ;)
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

LisaG1967

« Reply #6106 on: July 12, 2024, 12:59:46 PM »

tsk - Thank you  :)  It's been a light rain so far, so can't imagine we will have 1 to 2 inches, unless more is coming this afternoon/evening. I take omeprazole for acid reflux too, but not everyday.  Doc didn't want me to take it everyday, cause it can cause kidney issues, and since I already had those kidney stones, he said to take as needed.

Phyl - Thank you, and thanks for the "3 myths about bald eagles you might have thought were true". 

blschue - Good to see you, and nice RV you got!

kbshcb

« Reply #6107 on: July 12, 2024, 02:44:08 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1811749878793646500

a little train of chimpanzees!..so darn cute.

Well back to normal with food, cooling, and dx for Ollie man so far. See something but don't know what, so sending out to a specialized lab...taking antibiotics over the weekend to get him by. But sometimes that is all that's needed for diarrhea.

No call yet from Jack...hope it rains this weekend!...my plumber

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6108 on: July 12, 2024, 04:37:47 PM »

PHYL   What a great shot of the eagle on the flyway!!!  Just stunning.

LISA  The prescription is 40 mg.  OTC is 20 mg.   I think if I can manage with the Tums he will say do that.  I see my regular doc in a couple weeks and will run it by him.  The other doc is GI

KB   LOL  When you don't have a playground you make your own fun.  How cute were those chimps  LOL  Keep us posted on Ollie..

Had the small value plate - Any burger but less fries and smaller drink - BUT did have a scoop of the flavor of the day - chocolate covered strawberry  ;) ;)  4 hours we sat and gabbed!!!
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6109 on: July 12, 2024, 05:39:54 PM »

tsk - Oooh, a butter burger and choco covered strawberry ice cream..yummy!  Glad you enjoyed your time celebrating with the girls for their birthday.

kb - Hope the meds help Ollie.  Cute lil chimps!

Good night, everyone!
  :)

oldguy

« Reply #6110 on: July 12, 2024, 07:29:29 PM »

Hello Beakers

Got to 86 here today - mid 90s for the next 3 days and then potential rain on Tue and better temps...  long term forecast is cool temps and no rain for ATF  :D  highs of 80 - if the forecast holds, it should be a great weekend...  Lisa, be sure to bring your "Bug Soother" - it seems to be in short supply here in Iowa this summer.

blschue - looks like a nice rig - enjoy

Glad to hear that the author of the Rainbow Bridge poem has been identified.

I missed this earlier in the week - Joe Bonsall of the Oak Ridge Boys passed away on Tuesday (76) - died from ALS - had retired from the tour at the beginning of the year...
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/joe-bonsall-member-oak-ridge-164637066.html?

Overmelted Maru in the Excellent Breathable Box 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9RrHdVGRsY

My House Cat Became a Wild Cat After We Moved! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDsiXkl9-cI

Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play an ORIGINAL SONG   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdKSJFyv1NA

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Phyl

« Reply #6111 on: July 12, 2024, 07:56:06 PM »

TSk  wishing you the best with  your medication changes . Sounds like you ladies had some fun this afternoon.

KB just caught up on Ollieman's  vet visit. Sure do hope t he meds help your fella.  Pets Ollieman from Maggie and me.

OG  great weather news for the ATF doings.  ;)  ;    RIP Joe Bonsall of the Oak Ridge Boys ;  Bug soother spray---like "OFF'?
That'd be a great idea. The Q-Kids, always ---every successful group must compose some songs---glad to hear they do.  ;)
Tks for the kitty links, view later.

Chinese take out. Jimmy picking up.
My Maggie is snoozing in my desk chair.

Everyone...    sleep well.   

oldguy

« Reply #6112 on: July 12, 2024, 08:12:31 PM »

Phyl - Bug Soother was invented by a person that lives about 40 miles south of me.  It is a non DET repellent that works very well.  The inventor sold the product to the EcoLips company about 3 years ago, so is now sold everywhere.  The inventer started her research in 2003 for a safe product for her grandchild - started to market it in 2008.
https://bugsoother.com/collections/bug-soother
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 08:32:27 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6113 on: July 12, 2024, 10:56:09 PM »

Hello Beakers.

I'm just arriving here - kinda late, and I'm pretty tired, but I did get to catch up on all the posts. Thanks to all - I enjoyed them. Sorry I'm too tired to post replies and remarks to each on all the good stuff - info, activities, pics of animals - wild, domesticated, and in the cute small human form.  ;)

clynn, I lost track of when you and Kelsey were going, but I see you head out tomorrow. Smooth travels, and fingers crossed Kelsey decides to go for the ferry crossing adventure! Prayers and good wishes for all the family.

Thank you, Beakers, for your kind words, support, and prayers.

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6114 on: July 12, 2024, 11:08:08 PM »

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Etta, Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #6115 on: July 13, 2024, 05:34:52 AM »

Early morning found N17 and N18 buddy-ing up on tree by the stream.  As we've all noticed, they really have a bonding after their rough beginning.  It's good for them and beakers that they're getting a large  parental supporting from M and D.  Watching them makes for a comforting start of Caturday.

Keep cool all!

P   

Phyl

« Reply #6116 on: July 13, 2024, 05:54:05 AM »

Good Morrning Everyone...Happy Caturday!

Currently: 67F  sunny , High  84F   sunny,  with  Low 62F

It's all about the cats...big, small and in between

Puff thanks for the update on Dn17 and DN18 and they are becoming quite
 close
OG thanks for info on the 'Bug Soother' checked out the website  ;)

Lani awwww  Mama and puppy

{{{Hi Bazi}}}} {{{your sis}}}

Hope everyone had a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.
  Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Bazi’s Etta , Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

'Three Cool Cats'   by The Coasters    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P5Er_qU5FE

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6118 on: July 13, 2024, 05:55:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! Caturday!

For Caturday - Sam & Sophie have funny ways of sleeping! In the cat stroller and bird watching

Puff, I love seeing N17 and 18 together! We have never seen it like this where they both had to leave the nest at the same time!

Lani, I know you are enjoying your time with Aly! Have loads of fun!

tsk, sounds like a good time with the girls! I am getting together with my girlfriends Tuesday, we will probably go to The Smokin' Pig in Grayville and talk for a few hours! Girls can talk...and talk!

Phyl, from Wildheart Ranch!  One of four bluebirds in the aviary getting ready to fly free!
We supplement all our released birds with feeding stations so they can hang around and eat properly until they are mature and independent. Our feeding station pans vary in menu and placement as we keep species separated to avoid conflict as well as adjust to each species nutritional needs.

Hellgate

Decorah North - Playing in the woods!  Suzanne Diehm

Gotta go get ready to leave! See you all later from Illinois! And Indiana and Kentucky (once we ride the Ferry!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #6119 on: July 13, 2024, 06:36:32 AM »

Take care clynn Have a pleasant ride and lots of good talks and memories while visiting.  I know there are issues - but - ENJOY!

P