Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 533715 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #6015 on: July 09, 2024, 01:14:22 AM »

Hi Clynn, We lost wifi on and off today. I gave up trying to write a post and decided to wait till tonight. Aly didn't leave until today, she should be in Kingman, AZ by now. She'll spend the night and drive the last five hours in the morning... love the raccoon... {{{Harley}}} .... Prayers for your aunts and their tests, healing and comfort. I imagine your mom will be comforted by your visit.  :-* ... Love Hellgate and DN pics. It's all good to see both families doing well. Especially our iris.  :-*

Phyl, beautiful peaceful morning pics of Decorah and DN.... Aly will be here tomorrow, late morning or noon. She's spending the night in Kingman, AZ, after a long hot day of driving. Love the ice hotel.

Hi Lisa  ;D

Tsk, never heard of Waze.

Oldguy, thanks for info of Waze.

Kb, great search and rescue... terrifying times for the poor pups... Mike has been trying to contact his employees in Houston. No answer to his calls or emails, since last night. Mike postponed his trip to Houston to next Monday.

Karen, Houston was shut down by ten last night... Mike hasn't been able to connect with his Houston employees since then.... Aly will be here tomorrow, late morning.  :)

Good night!

Prayers for all in harms way from Beryl.

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's sister Cathy, Aunt June, Aunt Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #6016 on: July 09, 2024, 01:44:15 AM »

Howdy Beakers.

Lani, I see some posts from others saying Mike rescheduled his trip, but I didn't see your post saying that. Where did I miss that? I hope all is well, and that Aly and Dewey arrived as planned. Yay!

Oldguy, I made heavy use of my slide rule for a number of years. I learned how to use them in high school, and then was a math and chemistry major. I was trying to remember what year I finally could afford my very own TI calculator... after their prices came down from over a hundred dollars. I'm thinking I bought one probably around 1976 or 1977 maybe? but not sure... maybe later! Of course, eventually you could buy one for as little as ten bucks. My first TI calculator was the popular TI-30, with the red LED display - like the 1st one, top right, pictured here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TI-30   LOL

BL, I love that commercial with the raccoons - makes me laugh every time! I don't think it is very old... seems like it was running in the last year or two. But then my sense of time has been skewed due to a period with a lack of events for use in marking time passage, which I refer to as, "No Time In The Time of Covid."

Clynn, aww, that's a sweet picture of Harley. I have a feeling that Harley has way more 'tude than Etta.  :D

Good law... I'm supposed to be asleep.

Night, All. Sleep tight. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #6017 on: July 09, 2024, 01:47:25 AM »

Lani, I'm just now seeing your most recent post now that I just hit "post" on my own post. Glad Mike is safe at home, but he must be frustrated not being able to connect with his employees in Texas right now. Safe travels for Aly and Dewey.

Prayers for all in the path of the severe storms and wildfires.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6018 on: July 09, 2024, 06:04:35 AM »

Good Morning...Happy Tuesday ! 

Currently: 76F  mostly cloudy , High  92F  mostly sunny,  with  Low 71F

It's all about the cats...big, small and in between

Lani pooped out beagle  :-*  ; Hope Ally arrives safe/sound

Baz  :)

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 06:07:42 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6019 on: July 09, 2024, 06:08:29 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

July 8, 2024: NestFlix and News from the North Nest and Trempealeau!
 July 8, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/07/08/july-8-2024-nestflix-and-news-from-the-north-nest-and-trempealeau/

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

« Reply #6021 on: July 09, 2024, 06:15:22 AM »

History.com Video of the Day

How a Camping Trip Created Our National Parks

https://www.history.com/video-of-the-day?abc=&cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2024-0708-07082024&om_rid=

#istandwithisrael

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6022 on: July 09, 2024, 06:35:42 AM »

GOOD MORNING

Beryl's rain due in later today.  :)   

PHYL  I believe a couple years ago Hallmark did a movie on an ice hotel.  I forget where they went to film it. Thanks for Amy's blog.  Trempealeau is a beautiful nest.   The piece on heat waves was interesting.  Women doing better than single men on surviving.

LANI   Safe trip for Aly who could be there before noon today  ;D ;D  I bet Dewey knows where he is going   ;) ;)  Love the beagle.  Too warm all curled up in a cozy warm bed  ;)    Mike not connecting with employees - Hope it's just that the power is out...

BAZI  I admire anyone who was a math and chemistry major - my 2 weakest subjects!!!  I remember a classic experiment we had to do in the lab  - I forget the substance but it was weighed at the start and put through 6 or 7 chemical processes and you had to come out with the same weight at the end - NOT  That convinced me that being a medical technologist in a crime lab was not for me  LOLOL   I've also been using Covid as a marker  eg. " No I think that happened before Covid"   ::)

Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #6023 on: July 09, 2024, 06:39:13 AM »

YIKES!  Forget the worries of the temps, rain, etc.  Went down drive for paper a short time ago.  Temp listed at  68.  No rain, not a flicker of a breeze.  The worst was especially the humidity.  Checked back in here and it's listed at  93.  It felt at least like 95.  LOL   :-\   Really going to feel it today.  I don't turn AC on until over 78 - but it's on now!

P   
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 07:08:35 AM by Puff »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6024 on: July 09, 2024, 07:01:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

baz, you were up late! I had a TI-30 too but never really learned how to use it... :D  Yes, Harley does have a 'tude, always has. He is tolerating Sam & Sophie pretty well, but is not happy when they try to engage him in cat play. He gives them a gentle smack, mostly Sophie as she often tries to give him a hug!

Phyl, good blog from Amy, thanks for posting! 65 here, high 85 today.  Smile while you still have teeth! LOLOL! As soon as I finish this post I am going to watch the video about Parks! And read the article on heat waves!  Thank you for all the good information you bring to us@

Lani, relieved to hear that Mike will wait until next week, lots going on in Houston.  Google says it's 1147 miles from Medford to Payson, that's a long drive.  I always dread my little 500 mile drive to Mom's, but I do it 3-4 times a year! It goes faster when I am by myself because I listen to books on CD. Becky and Jennifer visit Mom twice every year, their drive is 2,195 miles from Corvallis OR to Albion. It takes them 3 days. Their cats Lucy and Molly are quite used to it now! That Beagle looks like he just melted out of his bed...

Lisa, Harley is doing pretty good with Sam and Sophie, tolerating them quite well! He is very gentle when he smacks one of them, and sometimes he just wants back downstairs! They all love being on the deck! I usually open the sliding door in the early morning so they can go out. The deck faces East, so they get the warm morning sun. I let them out during the day but I close the door. They come and stand by the door looking in, sometimes pawing the door when they are ready to come back in. Harley is the one that stands there trying to decide if he really wants to come in, it's that cat thing'.

Puff, wow, that's a big jump in temp for a short paper trip!

tsk, cute ice cream cone good morning!  Your post made me remember something from way back! A newspaper article headlined 'Message to sick men - take it like a woman!'.

Sad news at Dunrovin, the youngest chick fell out of the nest. Fly high little one...

Hellgate - Younger's eye is looking fine! Jenny Powell

Third whale of the day, you go Finn!  Sonia Palentine

Decorah North - Love that they are staying together!  Carol Rifkin

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6025 on: July 09, 2024, 12:24:28 PM »

PUFF   Right, pretty humid today.  Think you may get the rain being further south.  Looks like it may pass sound of the City?

CLYNN   LOL  Same with our porch. It has a French door to the kitchen and if I sit on the porch to read or the like the doors are closed if the A/C or TV is on.  Lulu will come and paw the door if she sees me sitting out there.  I get up - open the door and she stands there like????    Sometimes I nudge her out as she is taking too long to decide   ::)   Kudos to Harley after all he is the Alpha and resident cat who has allowed these newbies to invade his turf.  He's doing a great job practicing tolerance  ;D   No kidding  " take it like a woman"!!
A greater truth was never told.   Awwww  Sad news indeed at Dunrovin.  I would hate to watch that happen and be so helpless.  Love Iris's look at Finn with his whale..
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #6026 on: July 09, 2024, 01:24:44 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

tsk - Another hot one here today...94, but feels like 104.  Thank goodness the humidity is not too bad.  It is at 50%.  LOL, Covid as a marker!

karen - I hope you and Piper are staying cool in this hot weather.

Phyl - Love the ice hotels.  Hallmark has had quite a few shows featuring ones in a ice hotel.
"Smile while you have teeth"  ;D ;D

Lani - I hope Aly has arrived safely, or is almost to your house.  I know you are excited to see her and Dewey. 

baz - Waving to ya!  Hope you are staying cool.

clynn - Glad to hear that Harley tolerating  S&S.  I have to laugh when you said, He is very gentle when he smacks one of them.  I always thought Bandit would be the one to smack Misty, but she bosses him around and starts things most of the time. So sad about the youngest at Dunrovin  :(  Glad to see the little ones eye is looking better.

kbshcb

« Reply #6027 on: July 09, 2024, 03:46:09 PM »

https://x.com/i/status/1810535264424476966

A trooper is going viral for helping a dog get out of traffic in the pouring rain in Kingsport this afternoon Tennessee I think? Sound up for rain.

Love this....A cooker here. A walk with Ollie man MUST be by 6:30am going forward. This morning at 8:30 was a disaster....too hot, too many cars...

baziunc

« Reply #6028 on: July 09, 2024, 04:47:00 PM »

Hi Beakers.

Well, this has been one of the weirdest days I've had in a while. I've been waiting for Rod Serling to step out of the shadows and pronounce, "You just crossed over into The Twilight Zone!"   ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y   ::)

::) :P

karengramke

« Reply #6029 on: July 09, 2024, 05:24:15 PM »

Well Baz. It must be quite a day!  Tell us more!
Clynn, your morning posts were delightful!  Phyl, meant to mention your purple was lovely, the other day!
We continue in the z90’s with a high humidity! Piper says we go out anyway but she comes in faster!  Hoping to hear fron Eagkes!  Hope is all good except for resting up from a fun filled cruise!  Hope all is ok with her mother and sister! “
Nothing exciting here!  Usual stuff! 
Aly home yet?
Stay dry and safe