Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 326069 times)

tulsaducati

• ChatMods
  • Spread the Word: Lead-free hunting and fishing
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5895 on: July 03, 2024, 03:22:48 PM »

Come help us celebrate eagles, falcons, and our community with four days of fun! We'll have a hike at Effigy Mounds, bicycling and (river conditions permitting) kayaking in Decorah, appearances by River Valley Raptors and bald eagle ambassador Mr. Decorah, a pizza party, a fancy catered dinner, and a brunch cruise on the Mississippi River. You can meet other eagle fans, hang out with us, and enjoy everything that Decorah has to offer!  Here's a link to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/after-the-fledge-2024-registration-939529567227
Please join us in our campaign to GET THE LEAD OUT. Together we can make the world a safer place for Bald Eagles and all wild life. We need you, THEY need you!
https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/get_the_lead_out/index.html

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5896 on: July 03, 2024, 03:39:22 PM »

Lol

Me too BAZ.... I don't get to watch recorded tennis until later...
That's ok TSK... Just don't do it again. Kidding! Lol.

Yes, E4E and hubby are back safe.

I harvested berries and mowed the front before deciding that was enough for one day. Camper will pick up the groceries and mow the back after supper... Bourbon chicken sausages, classic cheddar pierogi and salad.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #5897 on: July 03, 2024, 03:55:37 PM »

tsk - Boat ride is on Sunday.   :D

baz - I hope for good weather too, for the ATF and my drive.  I have a couple of ribeye's for tomorrow for Jeff to grill.  All this talk of potato salad, I might have to make some. 

Phyl - Enjoy your company, food sounds good!

karengramke

« Reply #5898 on: July 03, 2024, 06:06:18 PM »

Busy day yesterday!  Had a visit from the ot supervisor and  I was discharged from further visits. Do need yo continue the exercises!  Yea!  After she left eft, the help and I set up two new metal bird baths.  One is in the front one replaces a very old one the was falling down,.  The new ones  are on spikes that go into the ground..   the  one in back has a solar activated spray in it that  the 
advertisers  say is liked by hummers!

Lani. It will be wonderful to have a visit from Aly and Dewey!   E joy!
Clynn, love your colorful  morning vase!  Just gorgeous!
Lisa , you will enjoy the boat brunch and sights along the shore !
Phyl, an old dog and  an old cat should get along fine! Sleep the time away!   How is Susan managing the  cole
 slaw?  Big cooler! Is this Dan, your   Brother, Dan?

This am, had a visit  from the pt supervisor!  He agreed to extending my ot for another 4 weeks and said  he thinks my insurance will pay for  visits to a facility.  If i  improve enough I may go tgere!  Current therapist subs at thus current agency but actually works for
my ortho  doctor!  I could go there!
Moved a tree branch  that fell last night, got the mail in and  tried to wash yard junk off my screendoor.  May try again tomorrow.
Have a good evening!   Eagles, soon as you get your  land  legs  let us hear about your cruise! 

tell us about your cruise!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5899 on: July 03, 2024, 06:50:30 PM »

CLynn colorful swirls on the apple; tks for update on Hellgate and DNN---they grow super fast once out of the 'womb'   ;)

Tsk Susan is Jim's younger sister, Sam is her hubby, a tenured prof at LSU, Danny is Jim's baby brother, who's has
a mild stroke and lives on his own w/ assistance. Susan's, dog will stay in the hotel  room. They will bring a small ice chest. I'm the ony one that
doesnt' like cole slaw---I lost the toss.  ;D   Dan is my #2 older brother.  Enjoy the BBQ

Karen too much stress for Maggie---she'll stay up here in my chair sleeping; pets to Piper
So glad you got D/C from PT visits and got the OT visits worked  out

Lani tks for the Royal update and snaps lots of progress; i Aly/Dewey for the 4th, how nice  :)

Lisa a river cruise? We did a few on the Cumberland R. that runs thru Nashville, the old paddle wheel. Wonderful at night standing on the bow .

Baz  I'm relieved that you 'symptoms' warrant a visit to the beach.  ;)

Tulsa all that sounds like some fun, tks for sharing

Tig tks for news on  E4E/Kris  ;)

I lost my walking buddy last week  :(

Those Canadian geese  ;D

Prayers on going for those in  Hurricane  Beryl's path

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:38:27 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5900 on: July 03, 2024, 06:58:48 PM »

TULSA   Thanks for the info.  Looks like fun. :)

TIG  LOL  I learned my lesson - won't comment til it's been discussed   ;) ;) ;)

KAREN   You are leading one busy life!!!   If you went to out patient therapy would it be on days your helper can drive you??  Birdbaths sound nice.  Metal and easy to clean?

PHYL So both you and Jim have brothers named Dan.  That is where I got confused/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 07:08:54 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5901 on: July 03, 2024, 07:18:25 PM »

TSK... Lol... No biggie. I was not impressed with Coco's game today. I can't say with confidence because I don't have the stats to back me up, but I think she played better in her first match. She will need to be better to move on this week.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #5902 on: July 03, 2024, 07:43:22 PM »

Hello Beakers

I got my registration completed for ATF -  ;)

This pony has a better idea...
Trailering A Bad Pony--A Comedy Video   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiythGg2Phg

The Q kids have a song for the 4th...
Quarantine Kids play "Kids in America"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCqPcO_0WI

Maru takes a walk in a raincoat 4   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eF5vt2q75Q&t=19s

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #5903 on: July 03, 2024, 09:12:17 PM »

Tsk, I am sure I can schedule it so she could take me or I could drive myself!   Easy derive!
Have fun, Phyl.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5904 on: July 04, 2024, 12:43:38 AM »

Good night Beakers!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's Aunt June, Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:11:20 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #5905 on: July 04, 2024, 03:10:44 AM »

Karen New York State. 

Venue a round grass hilltop where the sound just floats away.

Well I have just never ever before in my lifetime heard such a sweet rendition from some pickers around the coals.    8)

Hoisting the flag for the 4th at sunrise with a Veteran playing the trumpet.

Some long hair hippy types here a playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfaaaDX_Uh0

« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 03:58:17 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5906 on: July 04, 2024, 06:03:16 AM »

Happy 248th Birthday USA !
Good Morning Everyone...Happy American Independence Day !

Currently: 67F  sunny , High  84F   sunny,  with  Low 62F

OG     Oh no! LOL Stubborn pony; enjoyed the Q-kids, always;  glad you're able to attend ATF this year, safe travels

Lani     that's one sleepy kitty ; hope y'all have a wonderful celebration  today                               

Karen  :) you and Piper have happy celebration

BL "Hoisting the flag for the 4th at sunrise with a Veteran playing the trumpet."   That will be perfect.

The United States of America is the greatest human and political experiment on Earth.
Our country is the only prophesied , God ordained  of it's kind in this world.

Today, I am especially reminded,  on September 17, 1787 at the Constitutional Convention, Philadelphia, after Benjamin Franklin delivered his speech- Elizabeth Willing Powel posed this  question to him: "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?"
Mr. Franklin's response “A republic, if you can keep it.”

God bless our republic.
Let no one ever forget the sacrifice, blood, tears and
determination  it took to bring  life into this wonderful nation we  call 'home'.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:14:00 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

kbshcb

« Reply #5907 on: July 04, 2024, 06:36:33 AM »

Happy 4th of July all!

going to rain here all day and night into tomorrow.....doesn't bother me at all :)

kbshcb

« Reply #5908 on: July 04, 2024, 06:44:21 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8C5tpSB88

James Taylor singing On the 4th of July....on this rainy day, a perfect smooth song!

BL - loved the Van Morrison video as I haven't heard this song before...that clip was followed by more of his songs...Love the Hollywood Bowl btw.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5909 on: July 04, 2024, 06:53:13 AM »

GOOD 4th of JULY MORNING EVERYONE

TIG  Missed it yesterday when you reported Eagles and Kris had returned.  thanks ;D

OLDGUY    ATF  sounds like a good time.  Enjoy. Trailing your pony  ;D

LANI   A good night kitty pose we can all relate to  ;) ;)

BL   Good description of your hilltop "concert".  Goosebumps  ;) ;)

KB   Think we get that all day rain on Friday.  I'm looking forward to it.  ;)
Chicagoland