Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 319038 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5865 on: July 02, 2024, 10:10:19 AM »

CLynn In no way am I in favor of fireworks.     It's been my understanding that most areas are prohibited from displaying---unless in a local, state or federal organized function in a public area.   My concern is for the wildlife and domestic animals; the loud booms sound much like gunshot. And, can be deafening to both animals and humans.
 Even though we live in suburb/rural area  where fireworks are prohibited because of the closeness and vegetation ie retention pond and a strip of 'forest' along the creek below; we have neighbors who buy the stuff and set it off from
June28th until July 6th from dusk to 1am.

I just posted the bit of historical fact that is interesting. A lot for the present can be learned from studying history when the world was much different for the better or  for the  worst.

Tsk  The July 4th images are only for the few days up to American Independence ( from British colonial rule) Day , July 4th ;  Summery greeting this AM

Lisa your AM greeting reminds me of Autumn.

CLynn tks for Hellgate and DNN updates/photos; most interesting the  Canadian grocery store with a roof top garden and hive. And, it's all
organic, local and very fresh !  ;)

Karen/Puff  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 10:15:04 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5866 on: July 02, 2024, 11:01:44 AM »

Sweet Fiesta  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Lisa ;D

Phyl, cute 4th of July decorations and the history of celebrating with fireworks! I can understand that feeling of celebration during that historical moment in our country's history. I'm so proud and honored too.....I was 8 years old, and I remember and can still hear the fireworks that rumbled through the island when Hawaii became a state. It was an exciting time for us and yet, there was questions amongst the native Hawaiians about what that really meant. But the feelings of comradery after the war was fresh and strong...  That celebration went on for days.  .... Hellgate Ospreys chicks are adorable, prayers for little Younger's left eye... all is well with our furry boys, and Miss Sadie too.... The geese looks settled in for the long term...  ;D

Clynn, little Younger's left eye has been closed for awhile, and it is today. Everyone is keeping close watch.... what a great rooftop garden, fantastic idea.

Kb, gorgeous morning pic... have a good day, and helping Vi and Dennis. I hope they are both well.

Tsk, I hope Barb/Tom's winter home will be fine, as well as other homes in Beryl's path. I wonder if any of the rain will head towards AZ or New Mexico.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5867 on: July 02, 2024, 11:07:33 AM »

CLYNN  Was just about ready to go out for a walk on this cool cloudy AM but got a phone call. When done 30 min later we are now having some light rain.   We will be on and off through the 4th.   Love that roof garden in Canada.

KB  Thanks - Not too bad 1.5 or so carbs.  His snacks should be less than 1 carb and less than 100 cal.  Now me on the other hand  LOLOL   Maybe Vi and Dennis should get a handicapped parking card from the doc?  Maybe at this late stage - too much work.  Your helping seems to be the best option.

LISA   My daisys are in full bloom!!

LANI   Looks like some cuddles going on in the sloth playground  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5868 on: July 02, 2024, 11:47:54 AM »

tsk - I've thought the same about Dennis and Vi...not hard to have a doc, they have many, send a form in to the state.

However, at the mall we are going to today, even the handicapped spots will be taken. A better idea would have been to get a 9am appt. My guess is if there was one open they would have?

The mall is the Galleria mall in Edina...very very fancy/upscale..Many fun shops/restaurants and always decorated for all of the Holidays....only 1/2 mile or so away.

https://www.galleriaedina.com/?utm_source=organic&utm_medium=gmb-listing&utm_campaign=

Puff

« Reply #5869 on: July 02, 2024, 12:51:06 PM »

WOW Lani Once again you started the juices/remembrances again.  Many times I'm sure you got the feeling that history of our country has taken over a lot of my brain cells.  Just your Hawaiian background and knowledge I'd love to talk to you all the time.  Today you mentioned experience when Hawaii became part of the #1 nation in the world - what a joy that must have been.  I've many times mentioned 49 and 50 states.  I was 15 in 1959 when they were admitted, and all the excitement started me in finding out all or as much as possible about the country I was born into.  Was not able by half a year to vote for JFK but starting spending a whole lot of time with government, politics, running things.  Sadly I didn't get the opportunity and neither did he for a second term.  But I was hooked - my first deep research was on Barbara Jordan.  Musts every day would be the Tribune and Fox News.  Get an overall roundup of both Chicago news sides.  Yep been interested and groomed since 1969 Nixon.  Voted Dem and GOP, but always tried/try to get my facts straight and thorough.  I've been voting ever since 1969.  I will continue to honor those who gave this to me.

But I've found out some of the most interesting things.  I'm now at 23 countries I've visited.  Just love talking to people in the countries.  Thank God they're not as narrow minded as I and they can speak my language.  I shamefully admit to not being fluent in other countries' language.  Never met a destainful comment from others.  They ask for tidbits about my country, our country. 

I found out some unintended facts with my crazy way of thinking.  I.E. I know I've mentioned before I don't do movies.  I just tried to think what the last movie was.  Even on a flight - I read not watch.  One movie I do recall was Titantic.  Loved the music and the fervor conveyed by those trying to get here.  But then it turned me on to research and reading two followup related books.  A study was written up about the design of function of such a big ship.  They were even concerned it would/could possibly float.  Cruising now is done on ships of  6,000 psgrs and 4 times bigger.  Broke a couple important design rules.  Lots of stats, specifics, and diagrams. 

Second reading I did had to do with the crew and captain.  Neither had the knowledge or training needed.  I found the captain to be the least qualified person to run it.  It was a position given to recognize his time given and as a send off because he was retiring.  And, even then, and because of our legal system, great emphasis was stressed to get legal matters and fault finding done here because of our extensive and knowledgeable population. Very interesting read.

Anyway - this got longer than intended.  I'm obviously still involved gaining more knowledge and opinions.  But more than that, with the celebration of our country coming up in a couple days we need to appreciate what was given to us.  Perfect it's not - perfect none of us are - but we have the best damn creation ever  entrusted to a people.  I don't know that I've earned the best.  Can we demand perfect if we're not perfect.  Let's work at keeping it the best.  Let's give thanks and prayers, and work very hard in giving nothing but our best.   

HUGS - AT LEAST 48 FOURTH OF JULY HUGS OF THANKS.

P               

« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 12:57:22 PM by Puff »

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5870 on: July 02, 2024, 03:19:10 PM »

TSK, I'm not sure what you're referencing to get 1.5 grams of carbs for that salted caramel sauce - maybe that's the amount you estimate if you just barely dip one bite of banana in it? LOL. It's tasty stuff for sure, so a one-bite dip would never do for me.  ;) ;D

It has 51 grams of carbs (45 grams of sugar), and 220 calories, in what its nutrition info calls 1 serving, which is 4 TBS. Though I see the label on the back of the bottle lists 1 serving as half that - 2 TBS, with 25 grams of carbs (22 grams of sugar), and 100 calories.

Here is where I enlarged and captured the nutrition and bottle's label info:
https://us.amazon.com/365-Everyday-Value-Organic-Caramel/dp/B074HCSTJG

I attached a screen shot of the nutrition info as listed, and also a screen shot of the nutrition label on the back of the bottle. They're attached below - just click to enlarge them.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 03:31:05 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5871 on: July 02, 2024, 03:34:51 PM »

Howdy Beakers.

I'm keeping it extra short today because I'm in the doldrums. Blah.

I'll get over it. Meanwhile...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5872 on: July 02, 2024, 04:22:00 PM »

Nicol Sayre Doll Shoppe in 2021 | Patriotic doll, Assemblage art dolls, Americana fashion
Apr 28, 2021 - Florence is dressed in a billowing gown of glazed cotton with a tiny print bodice. Her red white and blue overdress is fashioned of an...

{{{Lani}}}  :-*;   Sloth Report--top two are a hoot w/ those expressions; I too noticed the Younger's distressed left eye. Poor baby.;  don't ever loose those feelings of pride of country.

Puff     ;)   Ditto what I said to Lani.  'Right on !"

{{{Baz}}}

Prayers on going for those in  Hurricane  Beryl's path

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5873 on: July 02, 2024, 05:55:17 PM »

kb - On ice cream, dipping bananas in the sauce...it all sounds so yummy!

Phyl - Oh, the orange cup and flowers?  Yea, kinda does. 

Lani - Hi there  :D  Love lil Fiesta reaching for the hand.  Thanks for the TRR pics.

tsk - Can't wait to see your pretty flowers.  Two weeks!!!!!!!!

Good night, everyone!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5874 on: July 02, 2024, 06:24:10 PM »

Lani, that first picture of the little sloths, it looks like one with 8 legs! Awww, love the cuddle puddle...

baz, I hate the doldrums, hopefully they will disappear in the night as you roll over and look at the stars!

Phyl, love the very patriotic doll!

tsk, I had a similar happening - it was a bit chilly and drizzly this morning when I went to Wally World. When I came out it was very humid and steamy! When I got home I checked and it was only in the 70's, but I had to turn the a/c on!  My glass front storm door has been fogged up all afternoon!

Lisa, it feels good to have your car ready for a trip! I got the transmission fluch when I got my oil changed before I went to Mom's in April. I think women are an easy mark for those things. I watch the guy come out to two other women while I was there, showing the results of all they tests they did and what your car needed. Those services are not cheap either!

Hellgate - They are watching something! Jenny Powell/Sonia Palentine

Decorah North - Just chillin' - Samantha Dove
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5875 on: July 02, 2024, 06:37:27 PM »

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5876 on: July 02, 2024, 07:51:31 PM »

KB   OOOOH  That is an upscale mall  LOL

PUFF  Thanks for your post.  We can never be more grateful for the county we live in despite it's many issues.

BAZI  My error once again. I meant to say about 1 1/2 carb in 2 TBS  ( 15g sugar=1carb)  Thanks for the labeling info.

CLYNN  We just turned out A/C back on as it was 80 in the house.  Nice breeze tho. I sat on the patio a bit after watering the pots.
Hard to tell but younger's eye is still closed?   I have to quit this job - seriously?  LOL

Set up of apt much easier and went well today.  Nice apt and clean - Few things didn't work - like window blinds and 1 drawer was broken but not our problem..Also a broken wooden chair.
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #5877 on: July 02, 2024, 08:14:56 PM »

Let Hump Day Begin.

The weather here where Pip & I are at is as sweet as it gets. I'm talking stellar for 07/02/24. 

No biting insects, Temps perfect human, Severe Clear, Critters of all sorts and a cranking fire in the green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PLq0_7k1jk
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 08:52:02 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #5878 on: July 02, 2024, 09:19:56 PM »

So, BL, where is this bit of heaven on earth!   Thanks for the music!
The fourth if July is nit my favorite holiday! Aside from the noise that disturbs all wildlife, My dear mother died on July 3rd, 1959 at the age of z52!    I miss her every day but I am very grateful for her love, guidance and  friendship!   RIP, MaMa!
Those in the path of storms, stay safe!   Seds

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5879 on: Yesterday at 12:06:52 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander