Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 322082 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5880 on: July 03, 2024, 12:44:24 AM »

{{{Puff}}} Thanks for your heartfelt post. :-*

awww {{{Baz}}} lots of hugs and peace be with you.  :-*

Clynn, wonderful pics of the Iris, Finn, chicks and DN kids too.

SED Lisa :-*

{{{Tsk}}} glad the 2nd apt setup went much better for you. Bless you for doing this.

BL Have a safe and fun 4th in the green!  ;D

{{{Karen and Piper}}} RIP Karen's mama.  :-*

SED Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie Take care.  :-*

Miss you Eagles Glad you and Kris had a fun trip.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's Aunt June, Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
[/size]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 10:05:46 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5881 on: July 03, 2024, 06:06:36 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Wednesday!

Currently: 81F  clear, High  96F   mostly sunny,  with  Low 79F

It's all about the cats...big, small and in between

{{{Karen}}} the anniversary of the loss of your mom--RIP

Eagles--hope you and Kris had an enjoyable cruise and made it safely home.

CLynn that link---LOL; tks for updates on Hellgate Iris/ Finn's chicks and update of  DNN Kid-os

Tsk glad the apts are set/clear up, esp #2apt

Baz :)

BL whatever you do---  where ever you go this weekend to forest bath---be safe 

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

God bless these United States of  America !
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5882 on: July 03, 2024, 06:16:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love all your Patriotic little people! 64 now, 87 high today.

Lani, I forgot, when is it that Aly is coming home for a visit?  Iris Mombrella can barely cover the kids now, they are growing so fast!

Hellgate - Finn brings another fish 8:16 PM last night.

karen, my Grandma's birthday was July 4th, she would be 108 tomorrow! We always said that the whole country celebrated her birthday!

BL, we have had some perfect days lately too! A real gift this summer! Thanks for Roy Orbison!

tsk, I can't tell about Younger's eye, hoping it is just a scratch that heals. It's hard to get a good look and it seems no one else can tell either. We'll just have to wait. I am glad ato hear that the second apartment is in much better shape for you gals to fix up for the refugees!

Decorah North

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5883 on: July 03, 2024, 06:52:28 AM »

GOOD MORNING

BL  With that description of where you are, you must be in heaven!!!  Love the song.  :)

KAREN   Your Mom passed at a very early age  :'(  You have good memories.  :-*

CLYNN  Got up late today and I needed that burst of color to open my eyes along with my cuppa..LOL

Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5884 on: July 03, 2024, 10:16:24 AM »

Nearby in town practicing for the parade tomorrow?

whoops, these are Canadians and got the wrong date!...LOL

Whew, a cooker today with high humidity and heat already...got the front mowed, the backyard dropped grubex...etc. etc....Before the possibility of 4 days in a row of rain starting tomorrow! Done for today outside already.

Yikes!

Happy Wednesday!

LisaG1967

« Reply #5885 on: July 03, 2024, 10:21:31 AM »

For all who don't follow RRP on Facebook, the After the Fledge info to register was posted on Facebook yesterday evening. 

Raptor Resource Project

Announcing:
After the Fledge! Come help us celebrate eagles, falcons, and our community with four days of fun! We'll have a hike at Effigy Mounds, bicycling and (river conditions permitting) kayaking in Decorah, appearances by River Valley Raptors and bald eagle ambassador Mr. Decorah, a pizza party, a fancy catered dinner, and a brunch cruise on the Mississippi River. You can meet other eagle fans, hang out with us, and enjoy everything that Decorah has to offer!

Follow this link to get your tickets! https://www.eventbrite.com/.../after-the-fledge-2024...

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5886 on: July 03, 2024, 10:38:08 AM »

Royal Albatross - It's winter for our chicks!

Both chicks facing into the cold winter weather

Royal Albatross ~ TF Leaves His Nest Paddle Walks To Base Of Hill To Garden! Sleeps Off Nest 7.1.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sV7sNmpqXw

Jul 2, 2024  #TAIAROA #royalcam #albatross
TF is on the move!! He gets up to do some gardening and slowly paddle walks towards the base of the hill. He does some gardening along the way and then stands up to look down over his nest and at his neighbor TFT 😊Back down a few steps and then back up! TF will eventually walk down and to the right and lay down on a totally new spot and not his nest. TF ends up staying here and sleeping! A big NZ storm comes in overnight and he stays in this spot the following day and only returning to his nest late at night on the following day! What an independent explorer TF is! Thank you for watching!
Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, cute 4th decorations!

Clynn, Aly and Dewey will drive to visit us, should be here Monday, 8th.... cute morning pics... love our osprey family and DN kids! .. awww a 4th of July birthday celebration in your family!  :-*

Tsk, I would love to see the ocean again.

{{{Karen}}} you have wonderful memories of your mom.

Kb, Some late paraders, as Canada Day was Monday, the 1st! But, no mind, they're enjoying the moment and looking forward to celebrating their dual citizenship this 4th!! Cute  ;D... you did a lot of work, now you can sit and take it easy for a couple of days.

Lisa, thanks for RRP ATF announcement. It's a shame they can't visit the Decorah North family too. But, very understandable since it's on private property. I hope you'll catch a glimpse of Decorah Mom and DM2.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5887 on: July 03, 2024, 10:42:33 AM »

Lani

"Kb, Some late paraders, as Canada Day was Monday, the 1st! But, no mind, they're enjoying the moment and looking forward to celebrating their dual citizenship this 4th!! Cute  ;D... you did a lot of work, now you can sit and take it easy for a couple of days. "

No kidding!...I could barely move the last 3-4 days but had to do some stuff anyway. This morning I woke up feeling much better, not perfect, but close enough.

Even more importantly, my neighbors left last night for 3 weeks!....PEACE on the holiday and going forward.
Their 2 renters are there to take care of their dogs and stay of course, but they do there own thing.

Yah! :) :)...I'm going to enjoy like you suggest.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5888 on: July 03, 2024, 11:05:52 AM »

Bounce

Congratulations Sir Mark Cavendish!

Time to mow...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5889 on: July 03, 2024, 11:21:22 AM »

KB   Funny about Canadian geese at wrong parade  LOL  Tomorrow is an official day off!!!

LISA   Sounds like a great time  ;D

LANI  Great progress at the albie's nests and "non nests".  Hey just a few more days and your will have company  ;D.  Will Mike be home or traveling?

BAZI   I see Coco won handedly today.  Watched some but didn't get to finish.

Just finished making potato salad for a small bbq at B&T's tomorrow afternoon.size]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 11:23:37 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5890 on: July 03, 2024, 12:23:00 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

tsk - I am EXCITED for the brunch on the boat cruise.  That is new!  Enjoy your BBQ tomorrow, mmmm...potato salad!

tig - Take it easy mowing.

kb - Glad to hear you are feeling a lil better. LOVE the goose parade!  ;D

Lani - I hope I get a glimpse too of Mom, DM2 and D40. Thanks for the Royal update.  Looks cold there for the chicks.

clynn - Very colorful morning pics, and pretty too!  Pretty DNN pic and love the fish pic from Hellgate.

Phyl - Love your 4th figurines.   

karen, Puff, BL, and all - Afternoon  :D

Phyl

« Reply #5891 on: July 03, 2024, 01:11:48 PM »

Hi Beakers...
been busy this AM making Southern potatoes salad, Deviled eggs stuffed celery ahead of Susan, Sam and Danny's arrival for July4th .
They'll be in town later tonight hold up in a hotel as they brought Susan's aging collie  as opposed to leaving him
at home or in board.
And, be at the house for a BBQ of hot dogs and hamburgers. We'll provide the meats, buns,  condiments, deviled eggs, etc., dessert.
Susan will bring  her homemade cole slaw,  and their beverages.

We've pulled out our fave July4th theme moves among them is 'The Patriot', 'Air Force One', 'Clear and Present Danger' and mom and
dad's selection of John Wayne WW2 movies.  Susan , Sam and Danny haven't seem these so ...

That sums up our day tomorrow.

Jim off at 1pm today. He'll run a couple of errands for me . And, be home ...shower and tall ice tea...feet up in his Lazy Boy ...

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5892 on: July 03, 2024, 01:12:23 PM »

From  Facebook:

Black Eagle Project Roodekrans is at Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden South Africa.
  · Johannesburg, South Africa  ·

Once again, Makatsa(female) and Mahlori (male)provided us with a wonderful display of Aerobatics which absolutely "wowed" the Visitors to the Botanical Gardens yesterday. Everyone stood in awe as we witnessed the display above the Waterfall. Fortunately, Naomi had her camera ready and snapped away. As usual the Crows were hassling the Eagles and there were occasions when we thought the Eagles were going to catch one or two Crows to stop their nonsense. We were also fortunate to see the chick, now 39 days old, still a little shy, spending it's time deep on the Nest. Naomi Corinaldi, one of our regular Monitors, took these photos which we have shared with you.

Here are some I snapped  and posted in my "Black  Eagles of Roodekrans" thread here in RRP forum : https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2804.255

Camera Time: Jul 2, 2024 5:17 PM SAST
Birchwoman

Makasta. She's always at the nests. In this snap, she's at the upper or 'top' nest.

Black Eagles of Roodekrans
Jul 2, 2024 10:17 AM

The nest sites by the Witpoortjie Falls

Black Eagles of Roodekrans
Jul 2, 2024 10:17 AM

Introduction
The Black Eagle is a fairly common resident and one of the most thoroughly researched eagles in Southern Africa. This magnificent species gets its scientific name from the 18th century naturalist Jules Verreaux, hence “Aquila verreauxii”. Black Eagles are found at sea level from the Cape Province to the Drakensberg in Natal, to the Soutpansberg in the Northern Province and far beyond into the rock hills of southern Zimbabwe, Motobos Hills, where Cecil John Rhodes was laid to rest. The Motobos Hills is the home of the densest population of black eagles, this is the area where Val Gargett did her wondrous study of +/- 60 breeding pairs and wrote “The Black Eagle – A Study” well worth a read if you are passionate about raptors, especially black eagles.

Although, Black Eagles pair for life, they will replace their companion. In the Roodekrans scenario the female, Emoyeni replaced her mate 3 times after 2 of them disappeared. Eagle pairs spend approximately 95% of the daytime together, before nest refurbishment; this is a behavioural characteristic of black eagles. They will perch, fly and hunt together, should the female fly to the nest site the male will follow and usually hops onto the surrounding rocks. After eggs are laid and when there is a young chick on the nest paired black eagles spend very little time together. During nest building 77% of their time is spent together but this decreases dramatically to 6% during incubation. As the young eaglet grows the time spent together by black eagle.

For more visit: https://www.blackeagles.co.za/about-the-eagles/the-story/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 02:04:02 PM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5893 on: July 03, 2024, 02:31:24 PM »

Howdy Beakers!

(((Karen)))

Phyl, your gathering for the 4th sounds like a good time with good food. Glad Jim gets off early today and y'all can enjoy some relaxing time.

KB, those American Canada Geese look like they decided to split the difference between Canada Day and Independence Day! Or else they say Every Day is worthy of strutting in their own parade formation!!  ;)

Lani, TF was adventurous! Glad he made it back to the nest though! You should take a getaway to the ocean! Use some of those dollars you saved from doing all that property clean-up and firewise work yourself! It's better than going for a therapy session!! Glad Aly and Dewey will be visiting soon. Let the fun times roll!

Clynn, you and I are only a year apart in age, but your grandmother is only 9 years older than my mother, who would turn 99 yrs old this year if she were living. Did I miss a return-from-Alaska post from E4E? I was trying to remember when she and Kris were due back. Maybe she posted in some other venue.

TSK, glad that apt set-up went much more smoothly. I am getting ready to sit down and watch today's Wimbledon matches, which will be over for the day before long, but I have them recording on DVR. You gave me some "early results."  ;)

BL, carry on and enjoy!

Oldguy, I'm still thinking about Mexican food, after reading your post about your large family birthday dinner at your fav Mexican restaurant. Mmmm!

Lisa, that boat ride brunch will be fun! Fingers crossed for good weather while you're there. Is Jeff planning a big throwdown on the backyard grill for The 4th? I can almost smell it already!

Waving to Tig and Puff and E4E and ALL the Beakers!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 02:35:18 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5894 on: July 03, 2024, 03:19:28 PM »

LISA  What day is the boat cruise - Used to be Sunday??

PHYL   How great is that to see Sam and Dan.  Who does Susan belong to? plus collie. Great time planned.  Beautiful black eagles in flight.  Peek a boo in the cliff nest :)   Thanks for the backround info on them.  Surprised by the lack of togetherness after incubation.

BAZI  I too was wondering about Eagles  I've forgotten the return date.  Sorry about the spoiler alert - Now you can watch without getting nervous. LOL  Beach is always a good prescription  :D
Chicagoland