Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 329664 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5910 on: July 04, 2024, 07:08:51 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, great morning pics for today's celebration of our nation! I also hope we can keep our Republic... We are at 70 now, high 83 and some rain today. Thanks for the info on the Dans, that had me confused too! BTW, how is your brother Danny? 

BL, this is what I remember hearing every morning when I was growing up  https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=To+the+Colors+Bugle&&mid=101911E3BF974914F9BE101911E3BF974914F9BE&&FORM=VRDGAR    Have a good Fourth! Thanks for Van!

Lani, I yawned like your good night cat this morning! I bet you are so looking forward to Aly and Dewey's visit! Does Mike have any business trips coming up? Love reading the Alby updates, thanks for bringing them to us so faithfully...  Looks like the Younger's eye is now healed!

kb, love Sweet Baby James...

karen, you are doing great, soon you will be out there mowing the lawn! Four more weeks of P/T will be good, especially if you can go to their place! Do fireworks bother Piper?

OG, funny pony video! Glad you are going to the ATF, I am sure it's a good time even if there are no eagles right there!

baz, my Mom graduated high school at 16 (1951), married that year and I was born 11 months later, Mom was 17! Her Mom was 18 when she was born. I was 39 when we adopted Erin, 41 when we adopted Kelsey. So Ed and I are old enough to be their Grandparents! One of my High School friends has an uncle that is a year younger than her!  Funny, I had the same symptoms, got the same prescription as you. The BEACH! 

Almost forgot, yesterday we went to the Blue Zoo!  https://desmoines.bluezoo.us/video-tour/.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #5911 on: July 04, 2024, 07:52:25 AM »

Good Morning Beaker...Happy 4th of July!!

karen - Glad to hear that you are discharged from the OT visits.  You sounded very busy yesterday!  I did the boat ride two years ago at ATF, and it was really nice. It was in the afternoon.  I am looking forward to it this year for the brunch, and being an early morning ride. 

Phyl - Your river cruise sounds really nice. I believe our ATF boat ride is on a paddle wheel, too.
Enjoy your day with family. 

oldguy - Yay, on your ATF registration.  See ya there!  Thanks for the videos.

Lani - Hope you are having a nice 4th.   

kb - Oh no, not another rainy day. We are supposed to have a hot one, but it may bring thunderstorms.

tsk - Have fun at your BBQ with B&T!

clynn - Great pics of munchkins at the Blue Zoo.  Aww, the lil one's eye looks alot better!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5912 on: July 04, 2024, 09:00:16 AM »

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5913 on: July 04, 2024, 09:56:06 AM »

bounce

Rainy day ... interior doors are open as the oven is cleaning. Le Tour, le tennis, some reading and maybe a movie on the TV. Hot dogs, apple wood bacon baked beans...

BL .. love it
KB... Always J.T.

All ..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 10:47:05 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5914 on: July 04, 2024, 10:38:06 AM »

CLYNN   Love Snoopy  ;D   Cool wake up call for you all  LOL   Thanks for that update on Younger's eye -Looks perfect.  What a great place for kids at the Blue Zoo.  I'd love to go there  LOL  Like Bella's holiday dress. Courtesy of Grandma I bet...Great looking flag!

Interesting to read Erik Larson's new book Demon of Unrest at this particular time  - I'm past half way.  " What exactly led to the beginning of the Civil War" and all the detail about the gradual succession of the states one by one and all just before Lincoln became president. Pretty scary time.   So much more history than how we learned it in school.
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5915 on: July 04, 2024, 11:27:36 AM »

Happy 4th of July Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Kb}}} good for you, now, you, Chris and Ollie man can enjoy the day.... beautiful ABE pic and a bit of James Taylor to celebrate the day!

Tig, a great race, Congrats to Sir Cavendish (love the name  ;D) ... yummy supper.

Tsk, Mike's home, but will be leaving for Houston on Monday. He hasn't travelled to the valley since he returned home from Ohio and became ill. So, off he goes again for a couple of days in Texas.

Lisa, yes, it's the winter season for the Albies.... Sounds like great ATF plans for all of you!  ;D

Oldguy, looking forward to your ATF pics.. thanks for videos.. the pony. LOL!

Phyl, what great 4th of July plans you have, lots of delicious goodies, family and surrounded by your Bluebirds.  ;D... Thank you for the Black Eagle update, gorgeous baby! Sometimes I can't believe where they decide to build their nest. EEK!... Just read your 4th of July post, God Bless America!  :-*

Baz, what we save on the firewising will go towards repairs from last year's bees nest in the house siding and deck planks that need replacing. I posted in my Tuesday night post Eagles4 and Kris arrived home safely and had a fun trip. She's probably busy catching up at home after being gone for 11 days. I'd love to be at the beach right now, the salty, moist air of the Pacific sounds like a bit of heaven for my soul.

Tulsa, thank you for the info!  :)

Karen, you are doing great!! Glad you have 4 more weeks of PT. I'm so happy for you, you've worked hard to get to where you're at today! You and Piper have a lovely 4th.  :-*

BL, what a awesome and special morning you and Piper will have today. Enjoy your day.

Clynn, beautiful 4th pics.... love seeing Younger's left eye open! I always check in Hellgate before I go to bed, and saw the text of his eye. This year the cam mods have been keeping close watch on the nest 24/7... it's been great coverage.... great pics of the Munchkins at the Blue Zoo. Love Miss Bella's dress... . What a special zoo/aquarium, I wish we had one nearby....

Lisa, we're having a quiet 4th, Shannon will bring her dog Kona at 6 for dinner and then return to Mesa at midnight. They want to avoid the fireworks in the valley. We're under fire restrictions up here. Sparklers will be allowed. You and Jeff have a lovely day too, enjoy the grilled Brussel sprouts. LOL!  ;D

Have a safe and lovely 4th Everyone!  8)

« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 01:27:55 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #5916 on: July 04, 2024, 11:39:39 AM »

tig - The apple wood bacon baked beans sounds delicious!

tsk - Sounds like an interesting book. 

Lani - Oh, I can see why Shannon is coming so late.  Glad that you all are only allowed sparklers.  NO Brussels today....there was some local white corn on sale at the market today, so we are having that with some burgers. We will have our ribeyes tomorrow.

kbshcb

« Reply #5917 on: July 04, 2024, 11:59:40 AM »

Wow, I timed that walk with Ollie man pretty darn close....there looked to be a brief dry slot and we went for it!..walked in light sprinkles the whole way and then just after getting in the door it started up raining harder once again....LOL...sometimes I just gotta laugh at us.

We are having hot dogs too!...just with onion and on brioche buns....adding Lunds/Byerly's home made potato salad. Everyone loves their potato salad. Same company, different name, but the Byerly's PS is preferred in my house. Different recipe. The one we like is yellower.....don't ask why!
Side of bananas and caramel dip.

Tis the day for burgers, brats, and hot dogs.

Sounds heavenly for you Lani!

kbshcb

« Reply #5918 on: July 04, 2024, 01:34:42 PM »

The flyover!...old military planes. 4 of them..in my pic I only got 2.....waiting for better pics from community members and to identify the planes. Of course from inside my locked up home I heard them and went running out.

They left in a hurry, but the parade did occur....incoming thunderstorms...

Community pic before the fly off....storms ended the parade early ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 02:29:37 PM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5919 on: July 04, 2024, 03:28:12 PM »

LANI    Does he fly to Texas or drive.  Am sure he will check on the bearing down Beryl  :o

KB  Boy you did just squeak in that walk with Ollie  ;D   Cool panes flying over.

OFF to B&T's in a bit

See you all tomorrow. Safe evening to you all
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5920 on: July 04, 2024, 03:46:53 PM »

Happy  Fourth!   Enjoy ally our delicious food , family  and friends!   Pats to  all the pets and  thanks to Shannon for taking such good care of her baby!     Safe travels to Mike and hopefully Beryl will not push much water into that part of Texas!   Wish the system could   Drip a few drops on Az, NM and
Ca!  Mex City  can use a bit if rain as they are running out of water!
I do not plan on mowing the lawn!   Even at a younger age I would not have tackled one this big!  Gardening yes but, we will see about that kater!  My stay in tge home and arthritis have left me a tad unstable!  Time will see how I get it to improve!   Lol
Going to have a few little hamburger slider patties and a nice salad tonight! Maybe  folkowed by a cutie abd the capitol
Fourth on  PBS

karengramke

« Reply #5921 on: July 04, 2024, 03:52:26 PM »

Clynn, like your morning wake up!   That saysvit all for me!  Great pictures  of a very busy day with .Bella and Talon.
Lisa. Good morning picture!

oldguy

« Reply #5922 on: July 04, 2024, 09:10:35 PM »

From my favorite father/daughter duo..
Star Spangled Banner - Mat & Savanna Shaw   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOxx5BAYas

My Cats Are Freaking Out Cause of the Noisy Neighbors! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v9zPjYhq_Q
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5923 on: July 04, 2024, 10:14:22 PM »

Happy 4th, Beakers!

:-* :-* :-*

I hope it's been a good day for all!  Zippo and I took it easy at home - watched some tennis, did some nature watching outside with binocs, and enjoyed a couple of yummy treats for late lunch/early supper. Watching the Macy's fireworks and music special on TV right now, and the repeat. LOL. Love seeing the fireworks in NYC - along the Hudson this year, I think it was.

TSK, I meant to say yesterday, I wan't bothered by hearing that Coco Gauff won her match yesterday before I had watched it. LOL! I chose to record it and watch it later, but that definitely doesn't mean other people shouldn't mention it. It didn't spoil anything.  ;) Enjoy the visit and fun with B&T!

Lani, I wonder if Hurricane Beryl's updated track, pushing it to another possible landfall as a hurricane in south Texas, will make for a change in Mike's travel plans. It's always a last minute thing, it seems, to know where landfalls will be, so it's hard to know what airports, or flight schedules, might be affected for a bit. Glad Shannon and he rpup can visit todday, and then Aly and Dewey will be there in a few days, too!

Clynn, yes, it's always interesting the age differences between generations - some shorter years, and some longer. I had a couple friends growing up who also had aunts or uncles their same age or younger, which always seemed funny to me when I was a kid. LOL. All great pics of The Munchkins from your home and the Blue Zoo - fun outing! Love Bella's dress! Was she wiggling a loose tooth in one of those pics? I wasn't sure. Oh, good news for the Younger ospreylet's eye being open now! I'm so happy that Iris gets to have a full nest this year, and a great new mate in Finn!

OG, that's great you're taking off work and heading to ATF this year! Yay!

Lisa, I think the brunch cruise will be nice - and then you'll have time afterward for other things before dark.

Karen, you have been the Energizer Bunny lately - on the go non-stop! You're doing great! Your new birdbaths sound nice. Yum on the sliders for the 4th! I'm betting Piper got a bite or two of one, too.  ;)

Phyl, I hope you all enjoyed your get-together today.

Tig, sounds like a nice day at your house. Enjoy!

KB, good timing on the walk with Lollie. Fun hearing and seeing the vintage aircraft flying overhead!

Good night, All. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5924 on: July 04, 2024, 11:58:41 PM »

Good night!
I hope everyone had a safe and Happy 4th of July!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn's Aunt June, Linda and Mom, Clynn and Ed, Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander