Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 334451 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5925 on: July 05, 2024, 06:06:42 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, awww, sweet puppy... Glad you got to spend the evening with Shannon, and soon Aly and Dewey will be here. Mom is looking forward to Kelsey and I coming, she found some old letters and pictures in a metal box she got from Grandma's when she passed away. It will be fun going through the box, she loves going through old papers, etc!

baz, yes, Bella has lost one tooth and now has another one loose! I forgot to mention that, you got it!  Ed watched the fireworks on the Hudson, he said it was fabulous!

karen, I think you are doing great, you don't need to mow! Four More weeks of P/T...maybe. LOLOL! I don't mow, well, once in a great while a little around stuff in the back yard. We got a riding mower a couple of years ago so Ed could do the mowing, sometimes Erin does it when he is here. We had brats, and I made potato salad, baked beans and deviled eggs. Strawberries and ice cream for dessert.

Lisa, I can tell that you are really looking forward to the ATF! I hope you have a ton of fun and good times! It is a special place for sure!

Hellgate - Fourth of July Family Picture!

Decorah North - The Kids, together always!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5926 on: July 05, 2024, 07:15:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Friday!
Happy Weekend !

Currently: 80F  mostly cloudy , High  90F  thunder storms  starting at 9 AM with  Low 70F

It's all about the cats...big, small and in between

Hoping everyone had a happy and safe July 4th having chowed down on some tasty food and drink.

Baz thank you for  remembering and thinking of us and we had a really nice time yesterday, lots of laughs and reminiscing
LOL dog prepping for fireworks

Lani. sweet sleeping puppy ; so nice that you had some time with Shannon   on the 4th and Aly/Dewey will be there  soon

Karen sounds like you're doing great w/ the PT

Lisa won't be long, you  and OG will be off to the ATF celebrations having lots of fun with everyone, safe travels

CLynn cute Munchkin snaps, they always look so happy; tks for Hellgate /DNN updates, so glad the Younger's eye has healed

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 07:29:59 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5927 on: July 05, 2024, 07:20:22 AM »

Red-tailed Fledgling Spends the Night Back at Home

Watch in YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfenUQ_ZYcU

One of the two young hawks to fledge this year from the Cornell Hawks cam returned to the nesting platform as dusk was settling in. It proceeded to spend the night on the railing and left the next morning, joining its sibling in the tree across Tower Road.

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #5928 on: July 05, 2024, 07:28:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

kb - The popular potato salad here in the grocery store is Reser's, and the one that is a lil more yellow than the others is the Amish one.  Great catch of the planes!

tsk - Hope your BBQ was a good one.   :D

karen - You seem like one that if you put your mind to it, that you can get it done.  I bet you will be stable in no time, if you keep at it!  :-*  Your sliders and salad sounded delish.

baz - Sounds like you had a very nice 4th! LOL, "Dogs preparing for the 4th of July"

Lani - Hope you did too...sweet pup!

clynn - I love going to ATF, even if we don't have eagles to see this year, I just enjoy seeing old friends and making new ones.

Phyl - Pretty morning pics.  I hope you had a good 4th, too!

Phyl

« Reply #5929 on: July 05, 2024, 07:28:52 AM »

A lovely 'pastoral' view from Decorah Eagles just now this morning

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5930 on: July 05, 2024, 07:32:09 AM »

OLDGUY   Savanna has not only a beautiful voice but beautiful hair as well  ;) ;)  Claire doing OK as well as the cats despite sound changes.

CLYNN     Pink morning to you as well  :)  So that was a tooth wiggle  LOL   What fun you will have going through Grandma's treasure box  Thanks for the screen clips on our 2 favorite nests.

PHYL   Good to hear in your comments that yesterday was one of  laughs and rememberings.  ;D   Cool RTH  :o  Love the pastoral Iowa.
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #5931 on: July 05, 2024, 07:39:17 AM »

Another update  this morning from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology...

Chachalaca Youngsters Visit Fruit Feeder For a Meal

Watch on  YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFoJO4SeQ3U

A small family of Gray-headed Chachalacas visited the feeders together last weekend. The two fledglings explored the platform while an adult fed them bits of fruit, and then the family flew off into the surrounding forest.

#Istandwith Evan

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5932 on: July 05, 2024, 09:18:22 AM »

Red-tailed Fledgling Spends the Night Back at Home

Watch in YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfenUQ_ZYcU

One of the two young hawks to fledge this year from the Cornell Hawks cam returned to the nesting platform as dusk was settling in. It proceeded to spend the night on the railing and left the next morning, joining its sibling in the tree across Tower Road.

Phyl, looks like one of our little Ithaca babies! Thank you for posting.  I missed a lot this season  ;)
Clynn, awesome hellgate & the north nest babies pics this morning!  Thanks everyone for everything you do  :)
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #5933 on: July 05, 2024, 10:14:20 AM »

Good morning!  Let me assure you, i am not an energizer bunny!  Wish I could say. That I was!  I have always been a procrastinator  and a bit on the lazy side!    Other than that I am solely responsible for myself , my happiness, home, health and Piper!  Therefore I will do everything I need to do in order for life  to move forward!

Yellow potato salad is usually made with mustard!  My favorite is red potatoes, skin on, a lot of onion, some celery, lite mayo cut with sour cream, s and p!  Hard boiled eggs, optional.   Many folks do not like this but as I have aged I do not car for a vinegary taste, too much!   Like hot peppers tho!  Lol, not in pot. Salad.

Mike should be okay in Houston.  That is as it looks today!  He did experience a mess in  Louisiana  after a hurricane so I think he will be prepared!

Beautiful morning colors today, Clynn !  So happy!   Nice storefront picture Phyl!  Somewhere in .France?

Thanks for the pictures of Hellgate and the Norths! All looking good.

Puff

« Reply #5934 on: July 05, 2024, 10:25:10 AM »

Hi All!!!  Hope all had a good couple days off to string together.  Not over yet.  Nice weather in our area, not so good in the Caribbean.  Wondering how my friends in the islands are doing; lots of acquaintances and contacts in Cayman.  Puerto Rico and Jamaica seem to  have a lot of reports.  They usually get the good coverage because of their size and population.  I have friends on Cayman - not so much attention from there yet.  Cayman is basically 3 small islands that are below sea level in several areas.  I'll give them time and then try reaching the powers that be down there to see how my friends are doing.

But I do know I can contact friends up here tsk.  Do you get and did you see the article in the Trib about the two areas up by you that have resident osprays nested.  One is in/by Busse Woods in Rolling Meadows.  The other is in Barrington at the Baker's Lake Younghusband Pairie.  (I've heard about Barrington, but the pairie is new to me.)  The paper also had another article recently about the developing news of the plovers at the north beaches of the north shore and even into Michigan.  Two good accounts about how their success is growing and they've managed to keep them safe/protected from the crazies.     

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5935 on: July 05, 2024, 11:05:53 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Eagles4, Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I wish I had as much energy as this beautiful black lab pup!!
It's going to be 102 today, in the valley it will be 114. We're happy to live in the pines on days like this. ;D
I'm going to water my garden and potted plants before it gets too hot, see you later.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #5936 on: July 05, 2024, 11:09:26 AM »

Puff, nice to have the wikdlife inBarrington abd on the north shore.  I wonder if they have been forced to leave their homes elsewhere or if this is a result of an increasing population! .lani, that black lab puppy looks like a large Piper!  She has no lab in her!  You have a lot if energy!  Stay cool!
Puff, I read, yesterday that the banana and plantain crops have been heavily damaged on one if the islands!   Think it might have. Been one of the Caymans.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 11:39:08 AM by karengramke »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5937 on: July 05, 2024, 11:46:14 AM »

PHYL  I like saying their name   Chachalaca  ;D

KAREN   Basically the potato salad I made for yesterday - I add some fresh dill too. ;)  I used a Dijon mustard but have used yellow too.

PUFF   Thanks for the tips.  I don't get a paper.  Busse Woods is HUGE.  I remember driving all around there looking for the eagles nest.  Come to find out , it was only visible from I90  LOLOL  which I eventually saw - They rebuilt several times.  I have not heard of that Prairie in Barrington.  I will google it and may be a nice ride when I've got a few hours .  Those plovers make the news .  They are very well protected this year I assume as they lost their eggs last year right?    Just googled the Bakers lake prairie  90 west to 59 north to Dundee and right to entrance.   I may just try that - We'll see how my time goes.

LANI   Love that excited AM pup  ;D ;D  I'm glad you live in the pines as well  PHEW
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 11:50:59 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5938 on: July 05, 2024, 12:21:26 PM »

The late night fireworks neighbor gets the early morning leaf blower neighbor!

I mowed and weed whipped the long back wet grass this morning...had to bag it it was so long. With all this rain there are only a few days a week one can get at it..
Success!

Was hearing fireworks well past 1 am last night.....luckily, Ollie man is not disturbed by them, although for some unknown reason he had diarrhea 5 times throughout the night...?????
I'm watching him. He feels fine and appears this morning to be over...might just be one of those things?

No city planned fireworks display happened last night. Cancelled at 4pm yesterday while still raining. They had to make a decision about logistics ( police, closing roads, vendors, etc.) and that's the best info they had at the time....Me:....oh well!....but, that might have inspired all the locals with illegal fireworks to go nuts.??

Taking it easy the rest of the day now...whew..

LisaG1967

« Reply #5939 on: July 05, 2024, 01:52:58 PM »

tsk - Love your morning greeting, and the pic of Lulu!

Phyl - Thanks for the morning pics!  One of my favorite views from the cams in Decorah looking up Trout Run Rd. 

Lori - Hey, girl...hope you had a good 4th!

karen - That sounds like a pretty good potato salad!

Puff - I had friends from Louisiana vacationing in the Cayman's, and had to cut their trip short cause of Beryl. 

kb - Hope Ollie feels better.

Lani - I hope you are staying cool today.