Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 308000 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5715 on: June 26, 2024, 06:47:26 AM »

LANI   Thanks for the service berry link.  Interesting.  Makes me want to plant one  :D  Thanks for the flooding video.  Such devastation for so many people.  :'(

PHYL  Even the pancakes are blue  LOL  Vermillion flycatcher - of course courtesy of Google search  ;) ;)

Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5716 on: June 26, 2024, 07:01:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, I had no idea about the bird, so I googled it.  ::) ::) It's a very pretty bird, I have never seen one! Love your blue morning flowers!  And the blueberry pancakes! That picture you posted last night, looks like you with the Siamese cat!  Love those heels!  ;D

Lani, hope you and Mike are both well! Erin went on his first business trip, he left Monday afternoon and will be back this evening. It was only up to Minneapolis, but he was excited!  And a bit apprehensive! His manager thinks very highly of him, I think she assured him he would do fine. I had to smile...  Thanks for the Albie news, they are all doing so well!  A picture of Iris, Finn and the kids from late yesterday!

Hellgate - look at those crops!

tsk, thanks from me too for the visual aids on the Monarch nursery! I would never have guesses that was an egg! We got a good soaking rain last night, Ed didn't have to water all the plants, he loves it when the rain does it for him!

The flooding in NE Iowa is horrific, I cannot imagine! Same general area of the Rapidan Dam, a lot of flooding going on in that area! The streets of Rock Valley, IA are filled with people's belongings.    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/massive-cleanup-effort-begins-after-historic-flood-in-iowa/ss-BB1oRfk3?ocid=BingNewsSerp&cvid=43edca6915d64a6897d9573a5988690d&ei=8#image=2

I need to get busy, a few things to do before I go pick up Talon and Bella! BBL with my adult beverage in hand!  :(

I stopped to check on Hellgate, Iris is feeding the chicks and she is so good at making sure the little one gets his share! You can actually see their crops growing! A joy to watch! And Finn on the perch, all Daddy-like!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 08:30:48 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #5717 on: June 26, 2024, 08:25:26 AM »

https://x.com/i/status/1804852885358014603

Wow, a mother tiger and 3 of her cubs...India...

Oldguy and Lani - thanks for the additional videos about the Rapidan Dam, loved listening to the Public Works engineer explain things and very sad to lose that historic house...

A fairly dry day today, yah!, as my driveway is being sealed. As I won't leave my vehicle parked in the street I won't have access to it for 24-48 hours..I've prepared for that.

Yes, Ollie man, I will take you on that walk soon...dew points are much lower today.

Then I have 23 bags of mulch to start laying out...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 08:27:01 AM by kbshcb »

karengramke

« Reply #5718 on: June 26, 2024, 08:40:26 AM »

Good Morning!  Did not realize  the family was home from Branson so soon!   Congratulateons to Erin and wishing for a successful trip!  When he is home, I need him to  come to valdosta!  I have been having problems with the ipad which created an issue with aol!  Los t my email and had trouble getting it back as I had to use the ao store!  The ap store would not acknowledge my password!  Changed it and got in and now will not accept the new one or give me an option to create a new one!   Will just forget it for the time Being!
Lisa, Jeff would love it here today!  Currently low 80’s  with a humidity of 90%!   Hopefully  as the sun moves into the nineties the humidity will burn off!   Possible rain Friday and Saturday!
Floods are the worst disasters to clean up!   In most cased there is no insurance coverage which makes it difficult!

Pt and ot will probably stop next week!   They only go so long!  I am doing well with pt!  Hate ot!    Have some kind of aversion to ot!    We wil see!  Hen it stops it will be up to me  to continue!

Housekeeper coming and ot!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5719 on: June 26, 2024, 09:20:40 AM »

For some reason my AM post today got 'messed up. And the  larger graphic  at the top didn't appear. So I've correct it and that
should show.

CLynn what a compliment...I'm no Kim Novak though. That's promo shoot for the  1958 film 'Bell, Book and Candle' (one of my fave
movies)
Luv the faerie in your greeting this AM. Congrats to Erin and I'm sure he'll do fine at the meeting in Minnie /safe return home.

Tsk your fruit cup is nice---must pass on the melon though.

The link below the bird picture is the link that provides the
answer and  it's details on the Cornell Lab web site. I get their emails and often open them in my browser--why link is so long I guess.

Karen  :)   hope all the PT/OT pay off for you soon.  My PCP has me set up with Star Physical Therapy for some on site sessions.
Sounds like it's  gonna be a real  body   'tune up'.  :o

Prayers on going for all devastated by the flooding and all those impacted by it.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5720 on: June 26, 2024, 10:46:17 AM »

Yesterday, TF chick has a lot to say to TFT's dad WYL! WYL always takes the time to sit and chat with his little neighbor, after feeding his chick TFT.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, yummy looking blueberry pancakes.... Very pretty bird.

Clynn, Safe travels and good wishes for Erin on his first business trip.  :) ... we're fine, I'm still working on fire wising. During these warm/humid days I've been working on it slowly. Another week of work left to go, another trip to the town dump with bags of clippings, leaves, etc. We should get our property inspection appointment anytime now. The photos on Hellgate chats have been so heartwarming. Love your pic, yesterday, Iris left the nest to take a dip in the river, while dad Finn proudly watched his family from the perch. Both chicks were napping... I love when the rain waters for me too! LOL Ed!  ;D .... oh, terrible and sad pic of flooding victim's home.. :(..... Have a good day with the munchkins. Say Hi to Kelsey!!!  ;D

Kb, beautiful Tiger family. Good luck with driveway sealing.

Karen, Can you take the ipad to Apple and have them help you? Or an online Apple Tech? I've forgotten what is "ot"?

Decorah North ~ Mr North LOVES Being A Dad & Feeds DN18 ♥ Red- Winged Blackbird Strikes DN18 6.23.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jrs1WmE0z4
Jun 23, 2024  #RRP #baldeagles
DN18 is perched on the nest platform when Mr North flies in with a fish! DN18 is squeeing loudly especially when Dad starts eating the fish in front of 18! DN18 makes it way over to the branch and reaches over and Dad begins to offer bites of fish - just like old times! Mr North still loves being a Dad & feeding his eaglets!

Mr North finishes the feeding even giving the prized fish tail to 18 :) WTG Dad!

I also included coverage from June 20th with DN18 claiming a fish on the grass from DNF ♥ DN18 does a huge mantle & carries it proudly in its beak and begins to eat it. A red-winged blackbird sees DN18 in its territory and begins its attack - swooping down and striking DN18 while 18 was eating. This little bird made itself into quite the pest but DN18 was undeterred  and continued to eat the fish. When finished, DN18 joined DN17 on the stump and we have some nice closeups of them. Mom and Dad were together close by in another tree keeping watch on their offspring! Thank you for watching!

Video redcap & edited by Lady Hawk

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5721 on: June 26, 2024, 11:07:21 AM »

TSK... One plant might be plenty? I think they propagate by sending shoots up from the ground. After they flower in the Spring, we lightly cover with netting to keep birds out. After they fruit in late June, we remove the netting and I prune them back to about 5.5 feet... otherwise, they can grow to 20 feet and are unmanageable (can't get to the fruit).
Tips... don't cover tightly, especially during a rainy year, because earwigs love to hide under the leaves. I spread the fruit on a cookie sheet to inspect and then pop it into the freezer overnight and then pkg.
 :D
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #5722 on: June 26, 2024, 11:50:41 AM »

Erosion is almost to the Cafe!!!
Erosion worsens at Rapidan Dam   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc5oa4aWPvY
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #5723 on: June 26, 2024, 12:13:40 PM »

Erosion is almost to the Cafe!!!
Erosion worsens at Rapidan Dam   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc5oa4aWPvY

Oh No!....how bout getting about 10 come alongs with 10 pick ups and pull the store up hill?....LOL
Something.

Just dropped 8 bags of mulch with weeding from neighbor's yard through my fence along the way. Took over 2 hours..the rest of the 15 won't be quite as difficult. I might pay for that 2 hours, LOL...Meanwhile, driveway is done and Ollie man will only be able to go potty out back or a day...you'll survive Ollie. We did get that nice walk in this am.

What's with peeps parking in front of my house, sometimes for hours, to visit across the street?.I have a handicapped no parking sign....no respect for laws anymore...they have an entire block of curbline parking.

karengramke

« Reply #5724 on: June 26, 2024, 01:08:14 PM »

Handicap?  Kb, with all you do, i cannot imagine you as handicapped!  I am but no signs! 🪧

kbshcb

« Reply #5725 on: June 26, 2024, 01:27:06 PM »

Handicap?  Kb, with all you do, i cannot imagine you as handicapped!  I am but no signs! 🪧

Somehow, I knew you would say this quickly....that's between my Doctor and myself, my son, and my previous husband. And the city I live in. I paid for it....btw.
Our city allows it if ANYONE is handicapped in the house, and all 3 of us are.
I have had 9 surgeries.
I don't have the money you do apparently and am required to do things.
Most people applaud me besides my handicaps, which you have no idea of...btw.
All 3 of us are handicapped.
Should I not share what I do?...or the Karen's will respond?

BTW you seemed to have missed my point: People here routinely ignore the law and have no fear. Maybe doesn't happen where you live. It does here.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 01:36:30 PM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5726 on: June 26, 2024, 01:44:50 PM »

CLYNN   Shades of rose/pink this AM  :)   Glad Erin was excited about his first business trip. Kudos to him for being so admired. 
Hellgate kids want for nothing with those two "helicopter" parents  LOLOL  I can't tell you how excited I am when it rains and I don't have to water all the pots..LOL   That photo post flooding says it all.  What a shame.  Have a good munchkin day.

KB  Cool tigers!!!   Our dew point has lowered to 52 and hopefully tonight we can open windows and keep open tomorrow with high of 72

KAREN  Agree - walk away from the problem for a while - Often surprising results upon return to it  ;) ;)

PHYL   What is the specific goal for the PT?  General conditioning?

LANI   OT is Occupational Therapy.    Pretty feisty RR blackbird  :o  So funny with Dad North tossing some fish to the noisy DN18 - almost like " OK  Keep quiet now"  LOL

Thanks TIG
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5727 on: June 26, 2024, 02:51:44 PM »

Aah!  Heavy rain and a thunderstorm starting  in 3 minutes!  Hope it does not oass us by?  Currently 99!   Time for ot!   Thanks
Tsk! Mot here and gone and the. Rain is not much!

kbshcb

« Reply #5728 on: June 26, 2024, 03:30:37 PM »

Just have to say:

How proud I am of myself for taking such good care of my beloved property and Chris and my dog, all by myself. Especially today after seeing the results of some help.

BTW, I have gotten little help since Scott died almost 4 years ago except for the first year or so. Typical by my understanding.

I ice/heat, lidoderm patch, and pain cream on my shoulder every single day to deal with it, but nonetheless somehow I have managed to keep this property in pretty good shape.

Thanks all. I'm proud of myself esp. with days of deep depression....nonetheless, keep one foot in front of the other no matter what.

LisaG1967

« Reply #5729 on: June 26, 2024, 04:16:14 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

Lani - Pretty good night pic. Awww, WYL taking time to chat with TF.  Thanks for the DNN video.

Phyl - The blue pancakes are cool.  Pretty bird, too. 

tsk - Very refreshing fruit salad.  I will take one, please  :D

clynn - So happy that everything is going well for Iris & Finn and the kiddos!  Those poor people and all that flooding.  I bet you Erin will do just fine like his boss said. 

kb - Hope you got your walk in with the Ollie man today.

karen - That does sound like good weather for down there!  I am glad to hear that you are doing well with PT.  Stay safe!  Send some rain!