Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 314929 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5685 on: June 25, 2024, 06:46:25 AM »

BL  Thanks for the Dali route map.  I like visuals - a swing out to make that right turn into the docking area.  Thanks for the Dali update

PHYL  Dexa - no fun for you...Hope it all turns out OK.  When was your last one?   Cute AM fox and squirrel  ;D

OLDGUY   Diane Mott Davidson - am familiar with her as well.  Never got into the cookbooks  ;) ;)   Amazing info on tornado speeds.
You needed the rain.  Glad you got the 3+ inches.  We only had 1/4" from yesterday.  My bro in Milw is getting inundated with rain.
We may get more this AM until noon.  VERY windy here.  Will do many of your links for lunch time today  ;D

BAZI  A milkweed leaf is very big.  Only the stem is in  the water.  If the egg has been laid too close to the bottom of the leaf where the stem goes in the water, I don't use that leaf but cut the leaf area where the egg is and place it on another leaf.. I'll take more pics when I get more eggs

LANI   I thought that was something too to see those two tiny tugs alongside that huge ship.

CLYNN   That's the kind of woods hiking trail I like  :)   Nice photo of that Ponderosa pine.  :o  Enjoy that perm time today  ;D

Thunderstorm watch here til 11 AM
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #5686 on: June 25, 2024, 07:19:21 AM »

BL  and then everyone went PHEW!!!

LISA   Agree  Loved that aerial view.  Gives us a good idea what you see as you go over.

Are you on the part we saw after the curve?

Tsk I think this screen cap from the video will help get you oriented to Lisa's bridge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ie-FlrhE4 

Click on the "Route Map" button in the upper right corner to see US Route 50 crossing the Chesapeake Bay E/W in MD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Route_50_in_Maryland

Chesapeake Bay Bridge wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesapeake_Bay_Bridge

« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 07:21:25 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #5687 on: June 25, 2024, 07:32:09 AM »

The third generation of the exotic escapee goose family in Roger Williams Park is doing well. They are cousins, I think. The slightly larger one is about 2 and a half weeks older than its 3 younger relatives. The other adults were nearby – a total of 10. One missing. Hopefully still around.

This is in Providence, Rhode Island...I seem to remember this story way back?..

BL - thanks for the good news on the Dali!...I'm happy to hear they are unloading her too. I sure have wondered what was all in those crates and how the contents are doing/not doing?...LOL

Well, Our heat dome prevented the severe storms from entering the Twin Cities last night. Reed Timmer was in Northern MN...Bemidji area tracking a line which apparently didn't turn into a tornado.
Was fun just watching him from inside his crazy vehicle traveling along county roads with pine forests lining them....for miles!..they did get out to take pics of some stunningly beautiful skies with the sun setting and shelf clouds..twas gorgeous.
The "cap" was supposed to have been breaking down in the cities....apparently not..

Too humid and hot still at this early hour to walk Ollie...tomorrow will be much drier and cooler. You'll have to wait, dear.

LisaG1967

« Reply #5688 on: June 25, 2024, 08:41:03 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - In the video that BL posted in the beginning and around the 14.20 minute mark is my side of the bridge (Eastern Shore).  The part you see with the curve that is the Annapolis side (Western Shore).  Send me some rain!

Phyl - Hope the results are good with your bone density test.

oldguy - Wow, you got alot of rain!  Thanks for the videos.  Love D'yer Mak'er by the Q-Kids!

Lani - It is not very long, 4 miles from side to side.  On a good day, when it might take 10 minutes to cross, cause you know everyone is looking at all the boats, or taking pics!  When it is heavy traffic...ALOT longer!

clynn - Pretty morning pic. Have a good salon day! 

Puff & KB - Morning  :D

Puff

« Reply #5689 on: June 25, 2024, 08:47:57 AM »

Saw the BL's pic of the Chesapeake and thought "wait a sec".  Our closeby similar look would be the Mackinac Bridge.  I looked up the stats:  Chesapeake is about 4 miles long and 186 ft high.  Mac is 5 miles long and 155 ft high.

I think I would favor arriving at a small quaint village over the busy, loud Jersey city.  I haven't been up north for about 10 years though.

KB regarding the cargo on the Dali - In those containers are all the orders placed by shoppers months ago - They're still waiting for their merchandise to show up from FedX or Amazon.   ::)   I can only imagine.  Think there were any perishables??

Mornin' Lisa

P

« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 08:55:21 AM by Puff »

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #5690 on: June 25, 2024, 09:06:34 AM »

Enjoy this rich chocolate Black Forest Cake with layers with fresh cherries, a light & fluffy whipped cream frosting and chocolate bark pieces.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 09:08:39 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

kbshcb

« Reply #5691 on: June 25, 2024, 09:37:40 AM »

Puff - I can only imagine what might be salvageable....LOL..

Here is a pic of the sky from someone other than Reed Timmer..but, he stepped out and showed the sky where he was and it was very similar....Spectacular.

finally, Andrew has some time to come today to purchase and lay down landscape rock...about a yard and a half...Dang chipmunks have lowered an area where a previous willow stood almost a foot....an ankle sprainer for me...so he will fix and dress up all the other rock areas plus mulch.

He's been so behind doing his lawns (mowing) because of our rain, he's about a month behind.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5692 on: June 25, 2024, 09:38:43 AM »

Just after my AM post - big time thunderstorms - Comcast is out.  Just over 3/4" of rain.

BL   Thanks for the map visuals  ;D

LISA  Well color coordinated AM pic today  ;)  Thanks for the bridge video orientation.  Got it!!

PUFF   Thanks for the comparison to the Mackinac bridge.  Didn't realize it was longer.

LORI  Enough anniversary treats to go around  ;D

KB  That sky needs to be framed!!

BAZI   This photo is the set up 3 leaves in water.  You can see two eggs - Left leaf  bottom left  and middle one on right side.  You can't see the 3rd egg on most right leaf.  It is top left of leaf.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 09:51:23 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #5693 on: June 25, 2024, 10:24:48 AM »

Found the eggs tsk.  Thanks for the early morning learnin'.  I'm sure you'll keep us informed.

Big wind, big rain, ugly dark sky and surroundings.  Saw a neighbor (?) who dog walks a lot.  Dog was at a fast pace leading the way.  I just knew they were too late.  By the time I saw them, got down the darn stairs, and into the garage to open the door to call her in - they were too far away.  You know they got poured on.  Now they're saying up to 90 - I don't think so. . .  I'll check the gauge later; it's still dripping here.

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5694 on: June 25, 2024, 10:28:38 AM »

Lilbro and Janie

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5695 on: June 25, 2024, 10:39:06 AM »

Happy Anniversary Lilbro and Jani!  8)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5696 on: June 25, 2024, 10:40:17 AM »

BL and OG tks for weather updates for  more northern areas---could work it's way down here.  I know later in the
week high temp will reach 100F  for us and humid.  Tks for links for bridges and all

Tsk thanks for Monarchs class  301   ;)  ;    Comcast/Xfinity  out yesterday, incl internet

Lisa tks for bridge orientation

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5697 on: June 25, 2024, 11:30:43 AM »

Royal Albatross cam - Weighing update
Top Flat chick is 154 days old and weighs 9.5 kg. Last week he weighed 9.2 kg, so he has gained 300g. Since last weigh day he has been fed 7 times. The average weight for a male this age is 10.15 kg.

Here is the updated graph for Top Flat chick this morning.

Top Flat Track chick is 146 days old and weighs 10.4 kg. (on right) Last week he weighed 9.8 kg, giving an increase of 600g. He has been fed 6 times since last weigh day.

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Oldguy, I listened to Diane Mott Davidson, I made recipes from Dying for Chocolate, The Grilling Season and maybe Prime Cut. I've got the recipes written down somewhere.

BL, thanks for Dali update and videos. Glad to see they've arrived in Norfolk.

Clynn, Love your morning pics.... Wouldn't you love to know the secrets of "A Giant in the Forest"......you have a busy day. Take care.

Phyl, you and Jim take care while working in this humidity.

Kb, awww goose family.... glad to hear Andrew will be helping soon.... stunning sky pic!

Lisa, Pretty morning pics....  I would not want to be on your bridge during heavy traffic.  :-\

Tsk, Those little white specks are eggs?  ??? itty bitty guys or gals

Puff, I was thinking about what's in the containers too.

Lori, delicious cake for Lilbro and Jani.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #5698 on: June 25, 2024, 11:49:19 AM »

Lani - Thanks for info on TF chick.  Getting so big and pretty.

Phyl - YW  :D

tsk - Ohh, I see the eggs!

kb - Very pretty clouds!

Lori - Hey, girl!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, lilbro and Janie

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5699 on: June 25, 2024, 12:40:17 PM »

LANI  TFT is younger and weighs more - What a porker!  ;D         Yes white specks are eggs.  Takes about a week for caterpillar for emerge.  I only know it is there if there is a hole in the leaf.  LOL  If I catch it I will try and take a picture.
Chicagoland