Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 308043 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5700 on: June 25, 2024, 01:34:11 PM »

Lori sinfully delish cake for LilBro & Janie, hope they share, LOL

Lani enjoy the Royals and kid-os.  TF and TFT are filling out  & going to make a beautiful pair of adults one day. We are in for the day---save
for dinner take out and a jug of milk for tomorrow

Tsk had time to go back and look for eggs---see them!  Yes. Please do take a snap and post

Puff could be anything in the those shipping containers--  :o

Lovely Wedding Anniversary greeting for Lilbro and Janie today.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5701 on: June 25, 2024, 01:34:26 PM »

Macaulay Library’s Best Bird Photos 2024
Featuring more than 40 photographers

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/news/macaulay-librarys-best-bird-photos-2024/?utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--LmBOZFvNO2SPUv-Wm4zUHLKag8PnSTINf4eXXY6rvPRYEWbaWgGGVUuByU_DDzEA_KbNbb9NPFRHqLLq1jONXQa5dNDGqWGa_8xjxSDIPzjtohPI&_hsmi=312184805&utm_content=312184805&utm_source=hs_email

January 4, 2024

Highlights:

An Eastern Bluebird chases a Tree Swallow. Photo by Brad Imhoff / Macaulay Library.

A trio of cables in Australia is a perfect place for this Spangled Drongo. Photo by Zebedee Muller / Macaulay Library.

European Bee-eater by Andrés Rojas Sánchez / Macaulay Library.

A Eurasian Scops-Owl disappears into tree bark in Israel. Photo by Liron Grau / Macaulay Library.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 01:39:41 PM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5702 on: June 25, 2024, 02:02:38 PM »

some bounce... drip

Nice pics all!!!
Happy Anniversary Lil bro...

Humidity is low today but temps are high. Forecaster had the nerve to say that it would feel 10 degrees cooler today!!! Um. NO.

I spent an hour pruning and another hour picking service berries.
Enough for a hot day. 🔥

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5703 on: June 25, 2024, 03:00:34 PM »

PHYL   Lots of good bird photographers out there.  I've seen that owl one on FB.  Amazing
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5704 on: June 25, 2024, 04:30:19 PM »

Reed Timmer decided to take team Dominator out for a little "ride" on Lake Bemidji! At least he got to enjoy our lakes...on the fast side for me, LOL
Storm chaser Redd Timmer that is

He added: 17 miles around along with the bald eagles and mosquitoes he describes as bird size.

https://x.com/ReedTimmerUSA/status/1805708346005082333

Still waiting for the landscaping job to be finished...excellent job....I'll lay out the 20 bags of mulch starting tomorrow, although the bags are placed already...fixed a step while at it...along with a yard of rock.

oldguy

« Reply #5705 on: June 25, 2024, 04:48:52 PM »

Here is today's official update from the Rapidan Dam.  Lots of details - 23 minutes
Rapidan Dam partial failure: Status update from officials   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4R0TZVEBRM
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

karengramke

« Reply #5706 on: June 25, 2024, 06:06:49 PM »

Hi Beakers!  96 today and humid!  No rain!
Tsk, a  is worth a thousand words !  Thanks! 
Lori, I could not resist  stealing a piece!  Hopefully that will not spoil the day for LilBro and Jamie!
Lisa your morning flowers are quite pretty!   Been up nd down 50 and 301  ma y times but only crossed the. Bridge twice!
 Good pictures and video of the Dali!   Containers were for
Sri Lanka!  So e were labeled medical waste and were from cdc!   
Hope all have a good evening! 
Btw Lani, always enjoy your re
Ports!   Same. With Baz,  bl, old guy , phyl , puff  and all.

Phyl

« Reply #5707 on: June 25, 2024, 06:22:16 PM »

Tsk I must apologize for the European Bee-eater as it's interested in the Monarch. So sorry.
But, yes lots of excellent wildlife photographers 'out there'.

OG tks for the updates on the Rapidan Dam.   ;)

Karen tks for info on the containers---Sri Lanka, CDC medical waste   :o

Lisa  I'm gonna sneak a piece of Lilbro's & Janie's wed anniversary  cake.

Tig I just read that service berries are very good to eat and why one should eat them. Tks for the mention.

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5708 on: June 25, 2024, 06:29:24 PM »

OLDGUY   That Sage Wall story is fascinating. Montana is full of secrets  :o

KAREN   Interesting - Sri Lanka, huh?  medical waste.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #5709 on: June 25, 2024, 07:24:04 PM »

I do not think it is all medical waste or even the majority!  That just struck me as interesting!  There are political things going on with this country.  I do not recall or begin to remember what I read but the Dutch were involved!  Not necessarily bad.  I think it may have to do with keeping this port open and in friendly hands!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5710 on: June 25, 2024, 10:03:42 PM »

((TSK)), LOL, I know what milkweed looks like.  ;) :D Everywhere I have lived, there have been many native species of it growing wild. I just didn't understand what you meant about putting the leaf in water, that's all. A picture is worth a thousand words.  ;D Thanks!  I hope you find more eggs this summer! The Monarchs thank you!!  :-*
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 12:55:53 AM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5711 on: June 25, 2024, 10:30:00 PM »

No bounce
Part of the home at Rapidan dam fell into the river tonight.
Prayers for all affected by flooding.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5712 on: June 26, 2024, 12:25:59 AM »

Phyl, beautiful birds shown on Macaulay Library Best Photos for 2024... I'm amazed the cable nest is sturdy for a family of Spangled Drongo.

Kb, our girls have been on Lake Bemidji when they attended a girls summer camp nearby.

Tig, I've never heard of Service Berries. I learn something new in the Beak every day.... https://backyardforager.com/amelanchier-serviceberry-juneberry/

Oldguy, thanks for the dam update. Here's an update on the home right on the edge  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/losing-home-family-hopes-historic-cafes-survival-rapidan-dam-collapse-rcna158945

karen, thanks for info on the Dali containers and "some were labeled medical waste and CDC. Hopefully, the ones for Sri Lanka gets on it's way there.

Baz, the photo Tsk shared helped me understand the process too.

Tig,sorry to hear part of the home fell.  :(

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #5713 on: June 26, 2024, 06:15:12 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... Happy  Wednesday!     ;D 

Currently: 76F  mostly cloudy , High  89F  rain showers  with  Low 69F

Tig so sorry to hear about the house at Rapidan dam falling  into the river last night.
Of course, prayers for all.

Karen  :)

Lani interesting 'Good Night' greeting last night.

Prayers for:  The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. 
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 09:06:37 AM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5714 on: June 26, 2024, 06:39:18 AM »

What bird is this?

What color is this bird? Scarlet? Carmine? Ruby-red? Keep guessing...this stunning aerial insectivore brightens up open country in the southwestern U.S. through much of Central and South America. Watch for them on low perches at the edges of wetlands or stream corridors in otherwise dry areas. The genus name, Pyrocephalus, translates to "fire-headed." Can you name this bird?

https://dl.allaboutbirds.org/enews-take-flight-with-swallows-swifts-and-other-amazing-aerialists?ecid=ACsprvtsUWOfTzjYJcaFFyFA7M8EVy6rzVQvuPtcZIDmp5askVbVCHBQmVqxLtoRJofdgeD8WKhR&utm_campaign=Lab%20eNews%202024&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9WFjZbfrid-RUdrh0Qg5dU2ojnXxl2CkYMWHyFrToCFAABI9pPUjFkjNhD2mj2YyZ6TNQ99syqdpimJyMqcZ3dXpNc8k0Tsb4D_0ooo1IwSBsuMQc&_hsmi=312726135&utm_content=312726135&utm_source=hs_email

#Istandwith Evan