Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 316264 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5265 on: June 10, 2024, 06:38:35 AM »

CLynn    I know, there are so many animal welfare and rights champions the list seems endless, and yet there still isn't enough help.
lots of orange slices this morning; tks for Hellgate update and The Badlands  snaps are awesome---what's not to see in the USA.

Tsk Betty White always mentioned the animal causes, as did  her husband Allen Ludden. Don't forget  another animal advocate---Doris Day.
Interesting crayons   this  AM.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #5266 on: June 10, 2024, 06:39:20 AM »

Cane Ridge Bluebirds, Cane Ridge, Tennessee June 2024

3rd clutch of 2024
June 8th 2:04pm

CR#73 at 12' O'clock position then #74 at 3 O'clock, #75 at 6 O'clock and #76 at 9 O'clock
All you babies have to do is---grow strong.

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5267 on: June 10, 2024, 07:54:37 AM »

Phyl, love pictures of those pretty blue eggs! I am always amazed at how you can identify all the babies!

tsk, I was also surprised at some of the names on the list! Emily Deschanel for one (She is Bones on the tv show BONES).

Flathead Lake in Montana is the clearest water on Earth. The clarity of Flathead Lake's waters is renowned. In the summer it is often easy to see through twenty feet of the water column. The lake is so clear because it is relatively low in nutrients (phosphorus and nitrogen) which promote the growth of algae.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #5268 on: June 10, 2024, 08:38:49 AM »

Quick post then I have to get ready for pt this am a d an assessment from ot early afternoon!  That may turn out to be a no go!  Need better upper body strength!    Agree with all  these morning posts!   My third finch batch has 3 , I think?  Hard to see as they are up high!  Seem to be growing well!   Did not think I had any hummers but I think they are iut there!  One feeder was empty!  Will keep feeding!   Have a good day!
I’m not

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5269 on: June 10, 2024, 10:21:34 AM »

PHYL  Wonder why Doris Day didn't make the list or did I miss her.  I've said before the color is like "robin's egg blue" in BB's nest

CLYNN  Looks like the boat is suspended over Flathead Lake  :o

KAREN   One step at a time... ;) ;)

KB  Took a better pic this AM of the lilies

Off to brunch with the girls.  Only 59  LOL  should get to mid 60's today  Sun is shining.  Had a singing cicada in my zippered sweatshirt while out weeding this AM  YIKES  I did the cicada dance trying to get him out   ;D ;D ;D
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5270 on: June 10, 2024, 11:11:07 AM »

Royal Albatross cam! ;D
Beautiful TF showing his new feathers

Now TFT’s turn to show his new feathers ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, We're feeling better todayi.... Loved the dried citrus! I could simmer dried citrus year round... prayers for successful hatching Iris/Finn! I'm so excited!  :-*... beautiful badlands pics.... the stunning blue waters of Montana's Flathead lakes. I wonder if BL or Lilbro have been there.

Tsk, Mike was up coughing starting around 3am. His voice is better today.... Sadie is doing well too. I don't know what upset her tummy... stunning lilies... the cicada dance. LOL!!!  Doris Day Animal Foundation. https://www.dorisdayanimalfoundation.org/ .... Enjoy your brunch with the girls.  ;D

Phyl, oh my, beautiful BB eggs sitting sweetly in a perfect nest.

{{{karen}}} is there a way someone could place a small mirror above your finch nest? You would be able to see what's going on.  ;D..Of course, you could only do that when the nest is empty ... good luck with your pt and assessment today... and have a good day  :-*

I'll be working outside filling trash bags with leaves.. lots more to do.
Have a good day all!  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #5271 on: June 10, 2024, 11:27:04 AM »

Well, tsk Looks like we both have that same color.  I also have 3 more - yellow and pink open.  Last one should show its colors today, two-tone, gold center and surrounded by red. 

I've been following the conversation the last few days.  I also have mine "caged" but in a green plastic covered wire, closer and smaller squares.  Dang rabbits used to always shred off the bottom leaves (not called leaves,  fronds?).  I learned to refer to them as Oriental/Asiatic/Perennial.  I'll have to concentrate some of my time to clear away the weeds around them so they can show me their "stuff".  So pretty, but only for a short time.  But then, too, I have 4 large pots next to them to take over the display.  Pots this year have coleus, maroon spike, and green with white edged ivy.

OK, so there's work to be done and I sit here killing time - ugly cicada got to me yesterday, didn't get half done that I had planned.  AND, now I'm even more late today getting finished here and getting out.  Compliments of ComEd. . . power outage just ended; was out from 9:04 am; now 2 more hours behind.  Now the /sun is out and the temps warmed - critters will be back in force.  I'm going to try smothering my clothes in bug spray.  I don't remember any conversation anywhere about possible effect of bug sprays like Off.

I'm gone~~~~~~~

P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 11:30:23 AM by Puff »

Phyl

#Istandwith Evan

karengramke

« Reply #5273 on: June 10, 2024, 12:40:32 PM »

Glad those rich folks  felt as tgey did about our animals!   Wonder if it inspired others?
Well Ot cancelled for today!  Something came up so she will call later to reschedule!   Pt went well!   Left some exercises.  Said I was walking close to a shuffle when walking without an aid!  Pick them up and put them down Karen!   Shuffling will cause one to trip!  Or, take you to Buffalo!   See opthamologist   Tomorrow!  Not expecting any miracles!
Going out to water some plants!   Chicago is having some great weather!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5274 on: June 10, 2024, 03:52:58 PM »

Glad those rich folks  felt as tgey did about our animals!   Wonder if it inspired others?
Well Ot cancelled for today!  Something came up so she will call later to reschedule!   Pt went well!   Left some exercises.  Said I was walking close to a shuffle when walking without an aid!  Pick them up and put them down Karen!   Shuffling will cause one to trip!  Or, take you to Buffalo!   See opthamologist   Tomorrow!  Not expecting any miracles!
Going out to water some plants!   Chicago is having some great weather!

((Karen)), glad you had a good PT appt today, and hope your OT is rescheduled soon!  LOLOL on shuffling and Buffalo!!   ;D ;D  Don't trip! Go to Buffalo!!  ;) ;D   I saw the musical, 42nd Street, in NYC/on Broadway in the early 80s, so your hilarious reference took me back!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEFsEtro6BE - "Shuffle Off to Buffalo" - from the musical, 42nd Street

« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 04:13:54 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5275 on: June 10, 2024, 04:04:34 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

It has been a busy day of catching up on things...  I had my last appt last Friday with the ortho for my hand, and had my last appt today with my OT. They said for me to get back with either of them for more appts if I feel a need for it. The OT gave me lots of new strengening exercises today to do at home, along with the mobility ones I had been doing, and a few new ones of those, too.

I believe in a strong mind/body connection... and right now I may have a problem with that.
   ;D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5276 on: June 10, 2024, 04:29:10 PM »

LANI   those albies were really showing off  ;)  Good to hear the household in on the mend.  I can't wait til Mike retires...

KAREN  I suggest flying to Buffalo if you have to go/  LOLOL   Pretty chilly today but sunny.  Down to 50 tonight but rebounding to 70's tomorrow.  I see my yearly visit to the eye doc tomorrow as well.

BAZI  Never saw 42nd Street so enjoyed that video  ;D  Thanks for ortho update.  What percentage would you use to indicate your hand function relative to "back to normal"?

Great several hours with friends catching up with an Alaskan cruise, a trip to Florida and a trip 2 yrs ago to Galapagos.  Plus everything else inbetween.   Went to Jean's after lunch and she had made home make angel food cake with home made ice cream and fresh picked strawberries!! (  With Redi-Whip of course.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5277 on: June 10, 2024, 05:15:08 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

I am way behind today and will try to catch up. 

tig - White chicken chili or something...LOL

Lani - I hope everyone is feeling better. Thanks for the Royal update.

E4E - I did sleep good last night. 

Phyl - Love that coffee cup.

clynn - I feel like I am on vacation with all of your pics from different places.  :D  Love the dried oranges? 

karen - Aww, you are not having a good day?

tsk - Hope your brunch wit the girls was good, and beautiful flowers!

baz
- Glad you are all done with your OT for hand. 

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5278 on: June 10, 2024, 08:32:04 PM »

some bounce
Pool was good... then yard werk.

Update from FSK bridge: https://youtu.be/T-0jbekvFn4?si=JmcDIf0xwxLovC_3

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #5279 on: June 10, 2024, 08:41:10 PM »

Lololol!  Home health called this afternoon to say someone from ot would be here today!   The person calked and set the time!  This was the ot evaluation!  After getting lost on The street, She finally came in and we sat at the dinning room table to get started!  She looked at me and said, you do not know me, do you!   I said no, I do not!   She said, well I worked with you at the home!   She still works th.ere  Truth is, she tried to work with me  but I was having none of it!   Mickey got hysterical when I told here tonight as she remembered her!
Good luck at the eye doctor, .tsk!  Baz, good news!  Will fly to Buffalo if and when  I decide to go! 
Soft fluffy looking albies, Lani.  Glad. You are all on the mend at your house!
Mirror might  work , I will have ti wait and ponder that!  Thanks for the suggestion!
Seds