Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 542554 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #5010 on: May 31, 2024, 05:28:48 PM »

Diabetes talk reminds me of a tale with my namesake Puff.  At about 4 or 5 the vet diagnosed him as diabetic.  At that point it was required that he have an insulin shot twice a day.  Vet said we should come in and he would show us the procedure.  After the demo I went first.  Then it was Ton's turn. . .No, no said Ton, I'm not giving any shots!  Well, the vet firmly said either Puff would have to have shots - or he would give Puff one more shot and put him to sleep then and there.  Result was we both had duty to make sure Puff got his insulin.  As I think bank, the other story to mention - I'm not sure it was the darkness outside -or- if he just got a funny feeling, but when it was time, maybe a bit late, Puff would come up to one of us and lay the paw on our lap.  It's time!  Original prognosis was that he would live to about 8  years.  He lived to be 16. 

Puff the beast was my darling - still tears me up.

P   

Puff

« Reply #5011 on: May 31, 2024, 05:32:27 PM »

Puff
Camper got his "boatman badge" for taking the pontoon out all by himself and then he got his " Scrabble badge" for finally beating me after  23 yrs. Lol
He caught a couple of nice sized perch today and I caught a small bass. We gave those to the neighbor and he gave me a few more cleaned, frozen bass.  8)
We packed up the fishing gear...ready to go up the steps to the car later. Going to dinner at a restaurant that sits between two parts of Lake Iguadona tonight. They are said to have good pizza.
BBL

One challenging/competing with the other keeps this interesting tig.  LOL 

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5012 on: May 31, 2024, 06:53:35 PM »

LISA  Thanks on insulin info

TIG   And just as Camper was pulling that fish out of the water, the eagle few down and waited for Camper to toss it to him, Right?

PUFF  Tender story of caring for your namesake Puff.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5013 on: May 31, 2024, 07:51:03 PM »

{{{Dear Puff}}} such a bittersweet, tender story about  you and your 'Puff'

Tig interesting story about the BE that did a 'fly-by' while  Camper was fishing. Who finally got the fish?

Lisa Oh Gee...I've seen those pharma adverts on TV.  Makes administering the meds so quick and very easy.
That makes is all so nice and convenient for you--- anyone actually.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5014 on: May 31, 2024, 07:58:24 PM »

Good Night Everyone... sleep well.

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #5015 on: May 31, 2024, 09:17:26 PM »

Night all!  But first, Clynn is in her Picasso, Blue  Period!  Nice shade of blue!   Iris waited a long time until she found Mr. right! She picked a winner!
Michelle Obama’s  mother died today .  She was 86.  Rip, Mrs. Robinson.
Tomorrow the cams at swfl will go dark!  Time to  work on them and get ready for a new season!  M15 and F23 have not been at  the nest and may or may not be in the area.   Usually not too far tho! 
Good news Lisa!

Tsk, interesting grocery store!  Good  prices!
Seds

« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 10:19:02 PM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #5016 on: May 31, 2024, 09:50:31 PM »

Fish stories _ we have to tell you the Large Mouth Bass bite is stellar here.

Where here is ?

Tig tell Camper he has to hold his own on that one. 
Remind him the wind, swell and angle of the bobbing bucket are all omni important in order to gain that badge. 

Us Squids with 'sea legs' just downwind it as it is were.

Standing in a canoe this day much to Pips lake shore side blush.   

The Red Tail Fox told me exactly where to fish today.

Shoreline Critter Watching at dawn almost always leads me to the correct bay.   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 11:57:43 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5017 on: May 31, 2024, 09:54:47 PM »

;)  :o  ::)

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

BrokenLug

« Reply #5018 on: May 31, 2024, 10:09:53 PM »

Safe trip back home U 2 . 
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5019 on: May 31, 2024, 10:31:31 PM »

Og- The Iceland lava is unbelievable - have watched it on the news too.  :o  Thank you for link!

Karen-  I don't know if your discomfort is the same as what my Mom has been dealing with, but it kind of sounds similar!  It has not been diagnosed as being connected with her Sciatic nerve, but her discomfort all started when she fell last Oct in her Apt.  The pain seems to stem from her hip to her knee.  Her knee especially was giving her lots of pain.  Last week her doctor gave her a shot in her hip area and so far she has felt a lot better.  She is very pleased so far!   This is her 2nd shot.  The first was back in December.  She is still going to PT twice a week and does her exercising at her place too!

LisaG-  Good for Brien in all that he is doing - it can't be easy.  All of you take care.  Hugs for you all.

Lani- Glad to hear that after tests, Mike is okay. :)     Hope all goes well at his July appt.

Clynn- It is so good that Talon knows so much 'Tech' stuff at his age!!!  Bella is amazing at what she already knows too!! She is a very smart kiddo!! ;D    Like the pic at Hellgate nest!

Kb- So very sad about the terrible tragedy in MN.  Thoughts & prayers for the Officer's family. :'( :'(     Beautiful hanging plant in your backyard!

Tig- Did you catch any fissies today? :)  Glad you & Camper are having a fun trip!!  Happy for Camper getting those Badges!! Lol ;D

Karen- Glad you are having some nice weather! 

Tsk- Woodman's sounds like a great place to do shopping! ;D

Phyl- Sounds like Maggie is doing well with the food she eats! :)   You & Jim & Maggie have a nice weekend. :)

Puff- Your Puff sure was Special!!!  You & Ton took such good care of him.  Puff was lucky to have you both!!

Hi Paulie, Bl, Lori  :)

Beakers stay safe - have a nice evening.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5020 on: June 01, 2024, 12:39:36 AM »

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Lisa, Jeff and Family, Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Denton eaglets and nest, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #5021 on: June 01, 2024, 05:23:40 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Caturday !

Currently: 67F cloudy , High  68F Heavy rain, chance 92%,   Low 65F

Thought I'd get up a tad early and do a couple of quick  outdoor tasks before the rain hit. Just
barely made it.  ;)

Lani cute Westie (Terrier) in his bunny slippers

BL  good fishing  cues from critter on shore  ;)

Eagles  I can co-miserate with your  {{{mom}}} ; the injections are wonderful help

Prayers for:  "Unspoken Reguests" ;   The Beakroom and Cheers.; Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Greenfield, IA;Laken Riley, all those like her and family .
 'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere .

« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 05:50:00 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5022 on: June 01, 2024, 05:24:44 AM »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl