Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 540118 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4995 on: May 31, 2024, 07:20:30 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, wow on the blue-eyed cicada! And they are going to study it! I haven't seen or heard any yet, I need to go out and look on our trees! I agree with the words on truth! 64 here, high 79 today. Maybe a stray shower. Beautiful flowers this morning!

Lani, that's good news on Mike, I am sure it makes both of you feel better. Great bear report yesterday, Lynn and Sharon get such good, close up pictures of them! I am always amazed at how they know the manes of each one. I had to chuckle at the thought of bears named Cupcake and Twinkle!  ;D

oldguy, wow on the latest volcano video. It looks like Grindavik is still safe, their barriers must be working. Wonder how long this will go on? When it's over they will be surrounded...  Great Dali video!

E4E, I also think Talon will be very techy, like Erin. When you grow up with technology it is second nature. Most of us had to scratch and learn bits and pieces here and there! Even Bella, she showed me how to turn the sound on after she showed me how to make a video on my phone! They have Chromebooks in kindergarten now.

tsk, Talon wants a chemistry set, he showed it to me when we were in Walmart. I told him maybe for his birthday (it was $49). In the car he talks about things he has learned in school, yesterday it was about the planets and stars. He reminds me of little Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.

karen, sounds like you had a good birthday! And you got a great present!

Hellgate - Good morning Iris and Finnegan! ❤ Jenny Powell
The battle stick warrior's touchdown at Nest was at 05: 38: 07. And Iris is off doing what she does in her comfortable new morning routine of leaving Nest and Eggs in the capable and trusted care of her hero while she goes to the washroom elsewhere and gathers material for Nest.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #4996 on: May 31, 2024, 07:56:45 AM »

Morning and once again LOL, Happy Friday!....er um, I think.

Lani - yes, those are bleeding hearts...they can spread and be prolific.

But, curiously, I had a few white flowered ones in the center but they all have now reverted to pink.

Rain, off and on this morning with predicted thunderstorms this afternoon.

One day later this week than usual for garbage out to the street. I may have to bring them out early today to avoid the thunderstorms later this afternoon. I see up and down the street either other's thought the same or they forgot it was postponed a day due to Memorial Day.

I am sad that South Minneapolis suffered a mass casualty event yesterday and an officer was ambushed and killed. Another officer is in grave danger....The procession last night went on "forever" taking the officer to the Medical Examiner, including highways near me.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4997 on: May 31, 2024, 08:11:51 AM »

some bounce

Yes, KB. We saw the news last night. Heartbroken.

Off to hunt fissies with Camper! Nice day here after rain last night

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #4998 on: May 31, 2024, 10:02:27 AM »

Good morning j😃 hope you have a wonderful day!   Goid weather here but hot in the low 90’s.  Have a handyman coming from Ace Hardware Services at 1 pm to clean out the dryer vent and check out the ceiling fan on the screen porch!  This is a national franchise, expensive, I think , but if you cannot find anyone to do odd jobs it seems reliable’s ! Covid shot later if there is time before the help has to leave! She gave me a gift card for mice cream from baskin  robins for my birthday!  Sweet.   Had a nice time!   Yes, Clynn, a great  Birthday!
You are right about today’s kids learning  about technology at  an early age and the almost  doing what comes naturally!   Those of us in the  from the earlier years of the last century. Have to struggle to keep up, at leat a little!
Yes, Old Guys cake was a masterpiece!   But, then, everything was delicious!
Interesting how Lynn gets the bear pictures and identifies all of them. 
Going to lookat the video of tge Dali wreck now! Bbl

LisaG1967

« Reply #4999 on: May 31, 2024, 10:05:09 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Congrats to Camper on earning his Scrabble badge!

E4E:)

oldguy - Thanks for the videos. 

karen - Hope you had a great birthday.  Thanks for sharing your birthday goodies with us!  Glad to hear that the doctor ordered a 2nd shot for your back.  Hoping you will feel much better soon!

Lani - Mike still feeling good?  How is your sneezing/cold, any better?

Phyl
- Pretty morning flowers.

tsk, clynn, kb and all
- Morning  :)

Puff

« Reply #5000 on: May 31, 2024, 10:22:48 AM »

tig What's a scrabble badge?

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5001 on: May 31, 2024, 10:36:29 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, very interesting article on Blue-eyed Cicada. Great find by young boy.....

Clynn, beautiful morning pics.... Finnegan works very hard and is a fantastic mate! He's fun to watch.  ;D ... It's amazing and wonderful to see how technology is developing today's young minds like Bella and Talon. Good for Talon with his interest in Science.

Kb, interesting about your white to pink bleeding hearts.... sad news about officers.

Tig, good luck with the fishing and enjoy your day!

Karen, That's great service Ace Hardware provides. We go to the one here at least twice a month. We'll check to see if that's available here too... I hope the 2nd shot will help give you comfort.

Lisa, beautiful morning pic.... Mike's Cardio doctor set an July appt for him. He wanted Mike to do a couple of blood tests this morning before he orders a change in meds for him. So Mike returned to Payson Banner outpatient services and got that done.  :) .... I hope you're feeling better too. Thinking of you and Brien.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #5002 on: May 31, 2024, 12:14:45 PM »

Oh Ollie man....going crazy in back yard...took a look and he's looking up....just a bumble bee hovering over my hanging plant pictured below..

Good dog Ollie....though he's genetically prey driven I can only assume the bee is getting too close to my plants for his liking. He loves to garden with me but has yet to know the difference between a weed and a plant. Luckily, he's not a digger.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5003 on: May 31, 2024, 12:17:41 PM »

CLYNN   A shades of blue Friday  ;D   It is wonderful that Talon even talks about school  LOL  He is curious and I bet a good student too.
How can one not be ecstatic for Harriet.  :)

KB  What a shame for that officer being ambushed and killed.  I did not listen to news yesterday but am sure it was on.

LANI   OK  That's the tune that will be worming its way through my day today - But that is good  LOL  Finally saw the lyrics to Stayin' Alive  ;D ;D       Kind of wish our Polish priest of almost a year now had subtitles for his homilies - Can't quite get all the words   ::) ::) ::)    We have an ACE in town so only a few minutes away.  I think they know Tim  ( "Hey Norm" from Cheers)  He's in there almost every other day  LOLOL

LISA  With LANI's mention of your brother, how are things going?

So this AM  Tim and I went 25 minutes to Woodman's grocery.  We were there 50 minutes, 650+ steps and $85. 00 poorer.  I do not think these HUUUGE groceries are anywhere besides southern Wi and Ill?   Some really great prices tho on many items and just the bakery section is bigger than the footprint of my house. So many more choices and varieties than a regular grocery.   I pay 1.09/can of Fancy Feast - (regular stuff) and there's is  .89 cents

https://www.woodmans-food.com/buffalogrove
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5004 on: May 31, 2024, 01:31:45 PM »

tsk - Brien is still going thru things of Mama's...mail, email, phone, etc.  I know he has an appointment at the bank again today, as last Friday he went there to give them a copy of the death cert and will.  He is supposed to be call me when he gets done there.  He said, he has one wall wall in Mama's room kinda cleared.  She had alot of stuff in that room!  I forgot to tell you...I have been maintaining my A1C since I have been on the insulin, has not gone up or down.  It has been 7.3 since last August. 

kb - Pretty pic of your back deck. 

Lani - Glad to hear that Mike is all scheduled for an appointment in July.  Hope all of his lab work is good.  Thanks for thinking Brien and I.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5005 on: May 31, 2024, 02:18:43 PM »

Puff
Camper got his "boatman badge" for taking the pontoon out all by himself and then he got his " Scrabble badge" for finally beating me after  23 yrs. Lol
He caught a couple of nice sized perch today and I caught a small bass. We gave those to the neighbor and he gave me a few more cleaned, frozen bass.  8)
We packed up the fishing gear...ready to go up the steps to the car later. Going to dinner at a restaurant that sits between two parts of Lake Iguadona tonight. They are said to have good pizza.
BBL
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 02:26:55 PM by camperstig »
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5006 on: May 31, 2024, 02:50:00 PM »

Such heartbreaking news out of  South Minneapolis  about  mass casualty---police officer murder/one in ICU all in the line of duty.  Was on FNC   :'(

CLynn You're  familiar with the teachings and thoughts of St. Augustine? Cool   Blue color theme for Friday ---no rain for us. Won't be long
we'll have to get the hose and water the potted plants.

Tsk all's quiet here on the cicada front.  :)  Finally.          We pay $2.50 +tax per can of Hills Science  Rx Diet Kidney (tuna/veggie) formula for Maggie.  Not available thru grocery stores but, PetSmart. Thankful that she loves the stuff. As well as The Purina Pro Plan 'Hydra Care' supplement---just mix Amlodipine   quartered (.25 )and crushed of  2.5 mg tab along with the Cosequin sprinkles in HydraCare--my  sweet baby is good.  :-*

{{{Lisa}}} I noticed Lani's /Tsk's mention of your brother {{{Brian}}}---how is he   doing and how are things going w/ settling  y our mom's  household  ? Oh---just saw your post. Tks for update

Lani Minion dancing to Bee Gees " Stay'n Alive'  many meanings to the lyrics

Tig congrats to Camper; how thoughtful/nice of your  neighbor to return your generosity with the cleaner/fresh frozen bass. Have a good dinner--hope pizza's yummy--save travels home.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5007 on: May 31, 2024, 03:28:21 PM »

LISA   Thanks for the update on the progress with Mom's estate.    Your insulin is by injection, right?  Is that hard to do?

TIG   Nice end to your trip today. ;D  AND you have bass to take home.  Always those nice neighbors  :)
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #5008 on: May 31, 2024, 04:30:01 PM »

tsk - It is very easy to do.  My insulin is a pen, turn the knob to the dosage you need every night, put a new needle on the end each nite and give the shot.  The pen lasts for 28 days, after you take it out the fridge. 

Phyl - You're welcome.   :)

tig - Enjoy your night out, and good job Camper on the "boatman badge".

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5009 on: May 31, 2024, 05:21:50 PM »

Bahama mama... I mean... Bounce

I forgot to mention that just when Camper was catching the fish this morning, a nice bald eagle overflew us