Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 532442 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4965 on: May 30, 2024, 09:21:51 AM »

Some bounce
KB... Gotta rest today. But I'll do some cabin cleaning, take a shower and wash hair. I'll fish a bit tomorrow then home Saturday. Will try to mow Saturday nite.
Love your bleeding heart. And da pup, of course.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4966 on: May 30, 2024, 09:44:41 AM »

kb, it's Thursday today!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #4967 on: May 30, 2024, 09:51:13 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - The Wayfair store sounds wonderful, oh and at a new mall to explore too! 

tig - I love the pop-up card!  How did the solo boat ride for Camper go?

oldguy - Monica's sounds great, and they even have a Shrimp Po-Boy on French bread!  Good job on the card game win.  Sounds like you got some great deals at Wayfair.  Yay, Bellamy!

Puff - Thanks for the ATF reminder.

((Lani)) - Oh no, I do hope that ((Mike)) is feeling better this morning.  Hope he can get in to see his doctor soon.  Continued prayers for him!

karen
- Sounds like you have a busy schedule there. 
Wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

E4E - Thank you  :-*  Glad you had a safe trip out yesterday. 

baz - Are you having a lil cool spell, like us?

Lori - Hey girl!

Phyl - I have heard of Sanka, but not Maxim. 

clynn - Those cookies!!!!  ;D ;D Im assuming they are cookie..LOL  Glad you had a good day with the munchkins. 

kb - Beautiful yard!

kbshcb

« Reply #4968 on: May 30, 2024, 10:08:36 AM »

kb, it's Thursday today!

LOL....you sure ;) ;)

I always get confused when a holiday is one day of the week like this one.

Shoulda double checked myself.

Later, I'm out the door with Ollie man..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 10:13:49 AM by kbshcb »

karengramke

« Reply #4969 on: May 30, 2024, 10:14:16 AM »

Thanks for the Birthday Greetings!  Lori, I had the ice cream for breakfast and Phyl, put the sprinkles on my eyes!  (((Maggie)))
Tsk, my back is a tad bit better but not as good as with two shots!  Also think I need another round of ot!   Cloudy day today with a high of 89!
 Clynn,  the kids do look like they are growing up!   Bella, the hair dresser!

Lani, hoping Mike  is better today!
((Eagles))!

Offto a few chores!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 02:52:46 PM by karengramke »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4970 on: May 30, 2024, 11:11:17 AM »

Lisa... see previous page  ;D
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4971 on: May 30, 2024, 11:35:02 AM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4972 on: May 30, 2024, 12:08:03 PM »

RC’s Son River, the Power of One - UPDATE May 29, 2024

So far, we’ve seen 4-year-old 130-pound, Andrea and her three yearlings that weighed in the 30’s at first but now are in the low 50’s.

Then there was 8-year-old 196-pound Lucy whose three yearlings weigh in the high 50’s.

And now there is 25-year-old 248-pound RC’s single yearling River who came today on his own weighing 105! Is it because he got all the milk last year, suckling enough that RC didn’t come into estrus and run off to mate? Was it the plethora of berries last year? Could it be genetics? Hard to tell without radio collars to learn travels; but whatever it is, if River is the last cub of RC, she is going out big!

Andrea's yearlings - Cupcake, Twinkle and Snowball - These pictures of Snowball and her two male siblings are my favorites of this day. It’s the first time I’ve seen them on their own. They came to the right place. In the one picture, they were nice to all look at the camera.

Andrea’s yearlings are still together peaceful as ever, as Andrea herself is probably off making scent trails for males to find and follow. The yearlings still have their winter coats with temperatures in the 70’s F and not beginning to shed. I’m curious to see how Snowball’s distinctive face changes as she sheds. I’m still learning about yearling social relationships after family break-up. One reason that all is peaceful among Andrea’s three is probably that there is only one female. If there is more than one female yearling, they often become competitive after family breakup as they begin to carve out their own individual sub-territories within their mother’s territory. They then expand their sub-territories each year to eventually become their own territories if the mother can shift her own territory to leave space for them to give birth to their own cubs.

Cupcake, Twinkle and Snowball :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lisa, Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Thank you for your prayers and TLC!  :-*
Mike is feeling good. His appt with his cardio doctor will be in a couple of weeks or more.
We're waiting for confirmation.... in the meantime, Mike plans to make his Ohio trip on Monday,
but at least he has two employees joining him. One from Gila Bend and the other from his Louisiana office/plant too.
So, I'm relieved about that. He won't have to drive.

We're waiting for cable guy to check our box. Summertime is a busy time up here, internet is slow... lots of full Air B&Bs,
campgrounds, etc....

Have a good day and I'll be back.  :)

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4973 on: May 30, 2024, 01:03:07 PM »

bounce

It has been discovered that this year's plague in the two neighboring cabins are wasps! Management is researching and may set traps away from the area. Wondering if they came in last Fall and hibernated, or...? Most are the black and yellow version. But this morning I found a Great Black wasp, I think: https://entomology.umn.edu/great-black-wasp

Time for the Scrabble rematch

BBL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4974 on: May 30, 2024, 01:53:46 PM »

CLYNN   Loved Bella's hair with the ribbons.  Did she change tops a couple times??  What makes you think Talon would make a good scientist??  LOL     I think you will have a much bigger selection of items on line.  As big as this Wayfair store was I think it was only a sampling of what it offers in total.   And someone had to come up with cicada cookies  LOL

TIG   Yay for Camper - He earned his pontoon boating badge under your tutelage  ;) ;)   Beautiful statement to BL  :-*

KB   Your yard is so lush and inviting. I'd be sipping tea on that deck in a heart beat!

LISA   Beautiful mugs in your AM post.

LANI   Funny link for Karen's b-day  LOL   Great report from Lynn who did get some good pics  ;D   Soo glad Mike is feeling good today and better yet that he will have two with him on his Ohio trip.  So long to wait for appts tho.  Docs should leave some "emergency" openings in their respective specialties...  Aly comes in June right?
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4975 on: May 30, 2024, 02:35:44 PM »

kb - Enjoy your time with Ollie.   :)

karen - Take it easy doing those chores. 

tig - Oops...I see your post now.  Glad Camper had a good time in the boat. 

Lani - So glad to hear Mike is feeling better, and that he will be seen by his doctor in a couple of weeks.  I am sure you feel better knowing that others from his work will be traveling with him. Thanks for the bear update. 

tsk - I wish I had a set of those mugs.   :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4976 on: May 30, 2024, 02:46:30 PM »

TSK... Lol. Camper just earned his Scrabble badge too. First time in 24 years!  ::)  :o

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4977 on: May 30, 2024, 03:02:22 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!   :D

(((Lani))), thanks for the news from Lynn's black bear clan and their associates.  :-* Love hearing how the yearlings are doing! River is a big boy!! Wow! Maybe Lynn needs to have a Fat Yearling Black Bear Contest!!   ;) :D :D :-* :-* I'm glad Mike is feeling better today. Did he tell his cardio doctor's office about the symptoms that sent him to the ER? I am surprised they would wait that long to see him. I hope your sneezing subsided and your cold/allergies are better today, and that you both got some restful sleep last night. Hugs to you and Mike!

(((Clynn))), those are great pics of The Munchkins! Love Bella's hari, and she did some nice "dos" on her doll's hair, too! Talon likes science - that will be fun! That park sounds nice, though not a good place to sit and watch the little ones while they play. Still, a nice change of pace, and a chance for the kids to explore some new paths, too. Did you get an appt with your eye doc to follow-up on the vision issues you mentioned? They must be pretty annoying, so I hope you can find a good way to improve that situation. Hugs!

(((Lisa)))

(((E4E))) Did you see some of your childhood acquaintances at the service in memory of your friend? Glad you made the trip even though you went on your own.

(((Tig))), I hope things get better for you.

BL, those were the days!

OG, sounds like y'all had a good dinner out for your cards night!

Phyl, thanks for the cam shot tour.

KB, all nice pics! Relax, and enjoy!

Lori, yum on the birthday treats you sent to Karen! I hope you and your family didn't have any damage from the many storms that have blown through that part of the country over the last week or two!

Puff, thanks for the ATF lodging info reminder!

Waving to All the Beakers!!  :D

(((Karen))), I hope you treat yourself to another helpful shot for your back and more beneficial PT/OT, too! You deserve it!! I hope you and Piper have a good day enjoying some special treats and surprises for your birthday!! P.S. I will help you celebrate with some of Lori's donuts!!  :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!!  Enjoy your day!!  :D :-*

« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 03:04:10 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4978 on: May 30, 2024, 03:06:44 PM »

BAZ... BTW... sorry about your BF... next time, maybe?

oldguy

« Reply #4979 on: May 30, 2024, 04:23:15 PM »

Happy Birthday Karen

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah