Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 503284 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4935 on: May 29, 2024, 02:45:43 PM »

bounce

Cool! KB

Yup. learning.
I just brought the pontoon in all by myself. Well, mother nature helped, with a perfectly angled breeze. And the neighbor came out to help anyway. They are so sweet. I think they waited until I got in to leave to go to a nearby town. Wow. And... when I came in earlier... he offered to clean my crappie for me (because I would have had to climb those *&^&^%& stairs to get to the fish surgery, and he was going up to clean his catch anyway).
Camper is off exploring and taking pics. He made sure I got onto the lake ok before he left. I assured him I could bring the boat back. He had the drone up this morning and has pics of me out fishing.

Hydrating now and getting feet up. Some pics soon...

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4936 on: May 29, 2024, 02:53:20 PM »

OLDGUY  That is one angry volcano.  At least in the same area and not a new site.

TIG   Well at least you are catching something  LOL  The stillness and the watching of nature does it for me.  Good job on the pontoon.   Camper takes the best pics.  Will wait patiently  Super nice neighbors  :-*

LISA   Wayfair's first and only store in the USA.  It is HUUUGE.  Took us an hour and 30 to go through it.  Think upscale IKEA  It has it's own home design dept.  More on the trendy modern side.  Am not sure I would go back to shop there as I'm not at that stage in my life  LOL  But was fun and at a mall I've not been to before so may go back to explore further.

PHYL  We saw some good sales but a thick fluffy bath towel was $15.00   Small scented jar candle  $15.  I could see a wedding registry being done there.   Neanderthal/human study fascinating.

BAZI   Thanks for the backround info on your work history.  I like puzzles too  LOL    " Hit every traffic light"  ::)

KB   Don't you just love it when you can fix something yourself  ;D ;D
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4937 on: May 29, 2024, 03:04:19 PM »

some bounce

Ok

A Trillium I eagle-eye spied yesterday during our travels
Across the lake got rain last night, we got the rainbow
Fog on the lake at 40 degrees
Cherry blossom pop up card in vase with mini card with sentiment
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #4938 on: May 29, 2024, 03:07:34 PM »

tsk - indeed I love it when I figure something out myself!. went step by step: gas, oil, tip it over, oh that's the problem...too much wet grass!....LOL

tig - great, another learning!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4939 on: May 29, 2024, 03:19:59 PM »

Nice pics, KB and Tig. Ollie looks very pleased! LOL. Nice pics of the trillium, rainbow, fog on the water, and the nice card Camper gave you, Tig.

Everyone have a good evening. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #4940 on: May 29, 2024, 04:49:27 PM »

The latest update from 1 hour ago...
Large Eruption Begins   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoQPQ24Fmc

I have purchase some items from Wayfair on line over the past 10 years.  The first items were faux wood blinds - love them.  I usually only buy during sales, which have been as much as 50% off.  Bedding on sale was cheaper and better quality than anything I could find locally.  Homegoods was close, but not a good selection for King size.

Last Saturday, we only had enough players for 4 hand, so we decided to eat at a restaurant first ( https://www.monicasonthestrip.com/ )(menu - https://www.chomp.delivery/order/restaurant/monicas-menu/99953 ), so had a late start and only played 1 game - won it, but was a 'go out wins' as we both were close to 10k points.

Clynn - did your Mom have any storm damage on Sunday from the high winds and tornados the hit Indiana and Kentucky?

We are have some beautiful days this week with highs in the mid 70s...

Baz - my Ex retired from that field about 5 years ago - she worked maintaining health insurance software.  The sons of our friends, that are part of the card game nights, one works the communications/hardware area and the other writes software for farm equipment - current product/business is a secret.

Left over from the weekend -
The Battle Hymn of the Republic   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6AOGRsR80

My cat peeks at me on every floor while getting down the stairs   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXsoBUjlfc

I Built a New House for My Cats (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzh_HG1Y1vI

Penny couldn't help herself! There are so many toys!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zEii7zyXzE

Maru’s 17th Birthday Party   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMBLGe_sLzM
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 07:06:34 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Puff

« Reply #4941 on: May 29, 2024, 05:24:18 PM »

A reminder for all the bird lovers at RRP.  A repeat follows aabout arrangements for our 2024 ATF get together.  Also, there are reservation deadlines/rooms/rates/dates that are being held.  Chop,
chop, chop.

AFTER THE FLEDGE 2024

Well, here we are for another issue of After The Fledge 2024.  For some, I discovered last year, this may be your induction to the available program for room reservations, property selection, availability, and cost for our ATF get together.  I have contracted with Decorah hotels for rooms on hold for us.  Rooms are held at 4 locations at reduced rates; option deadlines are available until date indicated.  All arrangements must be made thru me, AND there is no additional charge.  Rooms are held for you using your information and credit card.  Nothing is charged until you arrive at the hotel.  You can also cancel the reservation if necessary at no charge if you do so before your arrival date.  Please call or email me if you have any other questions.  The Fledge this year is July 18 - 20, arriving July 18, departing July 21.  Additional days can be added if you prefer.

First, let me mention that there are no rooms assigned for us at Country Inn & Suites.  You are free to call and make your own reservations there.  888-405-2885.

Fairfield Inn by Marriott      10 rooms available, either 8 king or 2 queen
               at the same price:  Thursday $105, Friday $155,
               Saturday $190
               Deadline:  July 5, 2024

Hotel Winneshiek         4 rooms available, 3 king executive or
               1 king whirlpool if available, $623.84
               This is downtown location, 3 or 4 miles to nest
               Deadline:  July 16

Quality Inn & Suites         8 rooms available, 1 king or 2 queen beds
               King $175 per night, 2 Queens $165 per night
               With tax: king $668.64, queen $668.84
               Deadline:  June 18

Super8 by Wyndham      12 rooms available, ask for floor and beds
               Total for 3 nights, $654 (with tax $732.59)
               Request floor and bedding

As usual, I'll need your personal information and credit card information to hold a reservation.  Rates apply until the deadline.  Charges will not be processed until checkout.  Any further questions/issues, contact me.

Puff/LaNora         [email protected]      630-852-2108

oldguy

« Reply #4942 on: May 29, 2024, 05:40:48 PM »

Bellamy has her own bass now...
Quarantine Kids play "Save it for Later"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgjgUuM8Ax4
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4943 on: May 29, 2024, 05:49:15 PM »

Hi Beakers!

After 8am I was about halfway through writing my morning Beak post when Mike came to me and said he had been having severe pain in
his left shoulder and down his left arm.  We immediately went to ER. They did an EKG, blood tests, x-rays and everything checked out okay.
But they want him to make an appointment with his Phoenix doctor. They let him return home after 2pm and he's resting right now.
I'm tired, worried, but I know he'll be okay.... Sorry to have just dropped this in the room  :-[ .. I hope everyone has had a good day.
I'll be back later tonight to catch up and say good night.  :)

No worries.... Take care  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4944 on: May 29, 2024, 06:36:43 PM »

TIG   Great photos.  Eye spy a trillium - good job. Love the rainbow and your "steamy" lake view.  Sweet card from your sweetheart.  ;)

OLDGUY  Wasn't able to access the restaurant link  :(  Gosh Maru 17, the General 18 and Phyl's Maggie 18.  WE know a lot of older cats.   I remember when Bellamy was just being introduce to guitar!

LANI   Glad you let us know.  You are not alone and we can now start some prayers for the best outcome after further testing.
(((((Lani and Mike)))))
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4945 on: May 29, 2024, 07:25:22 PM »

Bounce?
( Lani ) I know you will keep a close eye on your beloved

Talons crossed... Camper just took his first solo boat ride. !!!
Yipes

karengramke

« Reply #4946 on: May 29, 2024, 07:54:19 PM »

(((Lani and Mike)))

Tsk, did not think the Wayfair stuff would be modern from the looks of the eir in line things!  Who knew!

Porch floor washed off and still wet!  Really needs to be painted or tiled!  Tomorrow I to the ortho office to discuss another shot in my back. Friday visit from Ace Hardware peeps to get 
the dryer vent cleaned out and, if kthere is time , get a covid shot!   Thats about it!  Seds Beakers

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4947 on: May 29, 2024, 07:59:27 PM »

Tsk hitting sales---that's great. Sounds good and love the huge stores too.   

Tig love the snaps; I've insured plenty of pontoon boats but never been on one. Glad you're catching something---
--cool  you managed the pontoon all yourself--can just picture you   ;)  Going solo on the boat   ;) Camper
Lovely sentiment from your man and so nice that you can keep it out al the time if you want.

OG tks for latest on volcano eruption, scary; sounds like a good game, dinner out  ;)  Salute BHOTR; Penny  :-*

Puff remember I still have your ATF post  up in Raptor Resource Project Forum General Information, Announcements & Forum Issues. It's getting
lots and lots of hits

{{{Lani/Mike}}} tks for letting us know about Mike---so scary and always best to get checked out .  We know. Prayer candle here is lit.  Keep us posted.
You be careful with yourself.  :-*

{{Karen}}} was hoping your back would improve---all thebest with an extra injection. i should hose the deck off, tks for a reminder. ;)
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4948 on: May 29, 2024, 08:04:10 PM »

Good Night Everyone...    sleep well.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#istandwithisrael

BrokenLug

« Reply #4949 on: May 29, 2024, 08:56:09 PM »

My all time favorite aircraft is the 707.

The 1st time I ever boarded a 707 my checked next to me backpack contained:
• Bear strength pepper spray extra large.
• Long and short guns with ammunition.
• Coleman white gas canisters & all applicable appliances.
• Blades.

A to B  Dean Martin Whiskey clear ice and a fresh glass _ yes please.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2VOfchMAHw
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 11:40:13 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.