Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 326179 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3345 on: April 08, 2024, 06:30:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, thanks for the eclipse info! Love the 365! I used to watch an osprey nest in Estonia, I could hear the cuckoos in the nearby woods! Good luck at the clinic this morning, I hope they have help for you so you can get back to yourself! It sucks to not feel well...

Lani, love the Royal Albies party, enjoy watching the videos so much! You will be a busy beaver while Mike is gone next week! It will be so nice outside and you can just take your time making sure your firewising is all in order! Oh, those sweet little sloths, I hope they can heal.

baz, good luck at the Dr today, hoping it's something easily taken care of! So how do you look? Like someone who got into a bar fight? Hope you don't hurt too much... I have pictures of both my Dad and Mom when they fell and it looks so much worse than it was!  Yes, we had our re-scheduled Easter dinner Friday!

E4E, the San Juan Mission is beautiful, I love that style! How special that your Dad's painting has a special place in your heart and your house!

Puff, your birds are thankful, I am sure! We used to have a lot of Cardinals but I haven't seen as many these last few years. We have two pine trees, that used to attract them. The grackles have been here for a couple of weeks, I think they are early! They usually arrive later with the red winged blackbirds but haven't seen any of those yet.

Lori, so sorry to hear about your Uncle Russ. I know he was very special to you... Grandmothers both holding on, and wow, Grandma Luetta is 100 years old today!

How old will Grandma Helen be tomorrow? Prayers for your family and for you and Destini...

Phyl, Happy belated birthday to Maggie...

Eric Hanson KCCI Iowa
You did it, ladies.
You filled Kinnick Stadium and road arenas.
You set more records than we can count.
You united a country when almost nothing does.
You attracted fans from 3 to 103 and made Hawkeye fans out of Cyclones.
You proved superstars can pass and younger players can rise to the occasion.
Most importantly, you did it all while proving stars can be role models worth lifting up.
Sure, we’ll remember your results.
But we’ll remember YOU even more.
Thank you for the joy.
Thank you for what you did.
And thank you for way you did it.
- From a grateful state of Iowa and millions more beyond our borders

Photo by Ben Solomon/NCAA Photos via Getty Images

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 06:40:20 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3346 on: April 08, 2024, 06:43:41 AM »

Hi Everyone.  Heading to 75 and sunny today. WOW      If it holds, a good eclipse day for us.

PUFF   Am glad to hear Mr T is back.  Hatch looks good.

EAGLES   Lots of missions out in California.  This is beautiful.  How nice to have memories of your Dad's hobby hanging on your wall.  What else did he enjoy painting?

PHYL   What special B-day treats did Maggie enjoy?  ;)   The one bird I don't have to open my Bird ID app for  LOL  365

BAZI  Good luck today..

LANI   What a cute good night pic. ;D

CLYNN   Heartfelt piece from Eric Hanson
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3347 on: April 08, 2024, 06:48:37 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1776950813270679673

An Afghan girl kept a tiger cub that she thought that was a cats .
That’s is now a big snow leopard.
That Afghan girl still visits the mountain of Pamir Badakhshan and playing with her friends

morning.

kbshcb

« Reply #3348 on: April 08, 2024, 08:29:34 AM »

A few blocks away, a neighbor took this shot of a bufflehead duck pair....we are on their migration route. Hard to spot these and often mistaken for the hooded merganser which is found to stay here..

Just yesterday I wondered where my annual pair of mallard ducks, Herb and Sue, were?
I perused my photos and see they are often here by April 1.....they are late this year.

From Cornell Labs

Puff

« Reply #3349 on: April 08, 2024, 09:58:14 AM »

Clynn There are a lot of us who have the same sentiments - you put it together very well.  I hope all, especially the ladies of the team, get to read your accolades.  They gave us some bad news relief and made us remember the accomplishments made.  Maybe the school has someone in charge of congratulations?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #3350 on: April 08, 2024, 11:14:47 AM »

Good Morning/Afternoon Beakers

I am late, cause I have been watching the Decorah cams, and Ms Misty wants my hands to be on her today. 

tsk - Was sad to hear that Iowa lost to SC again.

Lori - Hope you are good with the tornadoes from last evening. 

karen - Have not checked on Trem this morning.  How are the babies doing?

Puff - Hope your aches and pains have gone this morning. 

E4E - What a very special painting you have!  We grilled too.  Jeff put together some chicken kebabs.  I found a recipe with pineapple on it.  It was good.  The finished product.

((Baz))

Lani - The doggy looks happy with the sleeping kiddo.

Phyl - Good luck at docs, hope you get your meds.  Thanks for all the links.

clynn - Read that last night from Eric Hanson while scrolling thru FB.  That was nice.  How is Ed??

kb - Beautiful kitties.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3351 on: April 08, 2024, 12:04:08 PM »

Bearstudy - The Eagle Wins Again - UPDATE April 6, 2024

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4889-the-eagle-wins-again-update-april-6-2024.html

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

It's partly cloudy on Eclipse Day!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3352 on: April 08, 2024, 12:16:48 PM »

KB   Wow  Nice fabric match to the leopard  :)

LISA  Welcoming AM pic  :)  Those kabobs look great.

LANI   I so love to hear how Lynn is learning all about eagles  LOL   To see all of the wildlife and to know when those eagles fly over, he must spend a lot of time just looking  :o

Started my porch cleaning - sun is out and my battery is charging  LOL - then went with Tim to doc.  Back home and continued cleaning.  Now lunch break is over and want to be pretty much done by eclipse time  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3353 on: April 08, 2024, 12:32:50 PM »

It's a sunny and clear day. It all begins here at 12:44pm and finishes a bit after 3pm. I have my eclipse glasses from Nashville Totality 2017. So I'm set.
The view here will be partial. I'll catch what Im able---my best view will be from our deck looking out over the retention pond and to the left.  Nonetheless awesome.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/weather/2024/04/08/tn-eclipse-weather-forecast-when-solar-eclipse-starts-nashville/73241888007/

Maggie is snoozing.  Jim will be on his way home when  partiality happens.
Lots of little things to do today.
Take out for dinner.

KB- thanks for snow leopards  :-*   ;  leaned a new duck today--bufflehead duck

Lisa-kabobs look yummy; an Rx for antibiotics would held in gratitude

Lani- tks for Bear Study so the BE wins, again. Great photo; Glad Dr. Rogers is leaning about the eagles.  enjoyed the Royal report yesterday

Puff- happy to read Mr. T has returned

((Baz))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 01:26:40 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3354 on: April 08, 2024, 01:10:05 PM »

Sue Bruhling - I went into check on the Decorah North Family this morning and this is what I found!
Mr. North must have gone shopping at Walmart and got the whole Family the Special Eclipse Glasses! 🙂 Very Smart Mr. North!! 😉

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3355 on: April 08, 2024, 01:33:06 PM »

For Lori's Grandma Luetta!!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3356 on: April 08, 2024, 01:40:36 PM »

Hi Beakers!!!

via NASA.GOV  ;D

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3357 on: April 08, 2024, 01:44:56 PM »

GETTING DARKER.....
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3358 on: April 08, 2024, 01:48:07 PM »

HAPPY 100th BIRTHDAY TO LORI'S GRANDMOTHER LUETTA!!!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #3359 on: April 08, 2024, 01:51:41 PM »

GETTING DARKER.....

A bit here too, but total cloud cover here.

Ollie man has gone into Chris' room and sitting on his large chair.
Never ever done that before without me......Hmmm?
Even though dogs don't typically look up at the sun I have blocked his access to outdoors. That's not why he's gone in the darkest room in the house...Chris' room