Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 315664 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3315 on: April 07, 2024, 11:39:50 AM »

Royal Albatross cam - 4/7 
It's the weekend and party time at Top Flat with the young adolescents, yesterday. Both Moms, LGL and BOK, were in, too.
Also New Zealand Daylight Saving ended last night. At 3am the clock switched to 2am

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1776735204058800448

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3316 on: April 07, 2024, 11:50:53 AM »

Sloth TV - Sweet Beanie receiving acupuncture treatment for injuries received by dog bites.  :'(

what a brave good boy  :-*

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 11:55:32 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #3317 on: April 07, 2024, 11:55:08 AM »

Sloth TV - Two new 3-Fingers babies rescued :-*

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3318 on: April 07, 2024, 12:56:08 PM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3319 on: April 07, 2024, 01:03:17 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

BL, glad all is A-OK at your abode after the earthquake.  :)  I'm not sure I followed your 2 male wolverines post... except the hair-raising part of it! When did you have that experience? Where? How close to you were those wolverines? Yikes!!  :o

Lani, oops, I posted about Bandit putting his stuffed animals in Mike's office - my bad... I know it was Sadie.  :-*

Clynn, I hate Ed's shoulder is hurting so much. I hope it's better soon!  :-*  Did you all get to have your re-scheduled Easter dinner this past Friday? Is that why The Munchkins were there?

E4E, I would love to visit Capitola! I will quit asking you if any water got in your garage again from all the recent rains... you aren't answering. LOL. So I don't know if it has, but I hope not much, if any!  :)

BL, Lani, Clynn, TSK, Lisa, Tig, and all others... thanks for your concern about my dufus fall yesterday!!   ::)  (clynn  ;) I grew up using that word! Loved seeing you use it the other day!)  Here's what happened... I was walking on a concrete sidewalk in my townhome neighborhood. There are several spots where it is unlevel from ground lifting under some of the sidewalk sections. The spot where I tripped is one I am well aware of, but the raised edge of that concrete sidewalk square caught the toe of my right foot, and you know the rest of the story.  ::)  BL, thankfully, Lani's Mike won't be needed to protect the asphalt, since it was concrete. Asphalt would've been a little kinder to my body blow though.  ;)

So that's how my fall happened. That ledge of the uneven concrete sidewalk just reached up and grabbed my foot and it laughed and laughed. I did not.

Hope your scroll button works.
The boring details:  The good news is this... the bump on my head was quite superficial, and didn't require any ice. The headache I got from it went away after 1 double dose of anti-inflammatories. My cheek, cheekbone, and eyebrow bone are all good - never needed ice - didn't swell much and I can't detect any bruising or abrasion on them today, just a slight tenderness in one spot on that cheekbone. Yay! The very small abrasions on the heel of each hand are almost gone after I put my miracle healing lotion on it and again for overnight. (Love that stuff for miracle minor skin healing!) The abrasion on 1 knee only bled oh-so very lightly, and there's not even a bruise there, and my knee didn't get any further injury, thankfully - that's the knee that has hated me for decades upon decades already, so I'm glad a flare-up for that wasn't triggered. YAYAY!! Bottom line... the only injury of note is the 3 middle fingers on my right hand, which took the brunt of the fall, and got bent weirdly. My mind was actively telling me during my fall (you know how time sloooowwwsss down when things like that happen) not to use my elbow or wrist to stop myself, and try not to let my skull or face take a beating. So, I'm glad to report, I was able to accommodate my own thoughts, and managed to turn slightly sideways, and use mostly the heel and fingers of that hand to stop the hardest part of the fall, though my head still made incidental contact, and my elbow and wrists stayed in the clear. Finger injuries aren't great, but they are sooo much better to treat than other body parts nearby.  ;) ;D Of the 3 fingers that were injured, the ring finger is the least hurt, and doesn't seem to have anything needing treatment, but the middle finger and the index finger need to get checked out, especially the middle finger. I can't grasp well with either, (swelling is not the only thing affecting them. I'm guessing) and they don't have strength, and are both very discolored, with the middle finger the worst. And blood had pooled at the base of them/top of my palm, under the skin, by the time I woke up, and is spreading further from those fingers  (you know how that does). I did use ice, but for some reason it didn't occur to me to do so till near the end of the 1st women's basketball last night. Then I iced my hand and fingers for 15 minutes an hour till bedtime. I will ice it again today, but haven't yet. Still taking ibuprofen. Looks like a doctor visit will be in order in the morning to check out those 2 fingers - the middle finger has a new angle to it that I hope won't become a permanent part of my hand profile.  ::) :P So I will be on my doctor's office doorstep at opening in the morning, and hope I won't have to sit around too long to be seen, and he can do an x-ray there, My guess is a possible torn tendon on the middle finger, and maybe over-stretched ones in the index finger, but one joint in the middle finger might need extra attention. Hope I'm wrong. I hope all just needs time to self-heal. That's my long and winding story.  8)

Meanwhile... the smoke alarm over my bed, which is too high to reach with my tallest step ladder, started chirping during my morning coffee - every 10 goldarn minutes! Sheese.  ::) :P Using my duster on my extension pole did not remedy the issue. The backup battery in it is less than a year old!! Double-sheese!! Geez, eee-vennn.

However, I have put on my "just ignore it" mindset, and am getting things ready to watch the women's NCAA Championship Basketball game - at 3p today, Eastern, between Iowa and South Carolinan. SC is undefeated this year, and doesn't need any extra motivation to win, but probably has some since Iowa beat them last year in their Final Four semifinal game, which ended SC's run, and let Iowa go to the Final Championship game, where Iowa lost to LSU. That was last year. This year, Iowa is smoking on all cylinders right now, and doesn't need more motivation than they already have to win, but probably has some, since they lost in that Championship game last year, and of course want to win the whole shebang today!

Later, Gators!  :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 01:35:59 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #3320 on: April 07, 2024, 01:15:43 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PHYL'S MISS MAGGIE KITTY!! Best fishes!!  :D :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3321 on: April 07, 2024, 01:29:08 PM »

Hi guys... thought i would fill you in a bit... read this later, I don't want to ruin Maggie's birthday!
Grandma Luetta's Birthday is tomorrow, she will be 100 years old. My other Grandma Helen's birthday is the 9th.  So, Grandma L (Dads mom) is hanging in there, she is a tough brave woman. Mom and my Aunt had to make the decision about hospice for Grandma H.  So she is there now, hanging in there. 
My Uncle R passed away this morning suddenly. This is Grandma Luetta's son. The 10th kid out of 10 kids she had including my Dad. Russ was a special Uncle and I will miss him dearly.  Thank you for the prayers and kind words for my beautiful grandma's and I will talk to you soon... love ya always, Lori & Destini💜
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3322 on: April 07, 2024, 01:44:18 PM »

(((( Lori )))))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #3323 on: April 07, 2024, 01:53:53 PM »

Hello Beakers

Had some rain overnight and has been windy today - tomorrow's forecast is 70 with partly cloudy skies, so hopefully we will have a good view of the eclipse.  87% coverage for us.

Good cards last night - 2 out of 3 wins

Here are 3 videos to give explanations to what happened at Baltimore and what was unlikely to have happened.
What caused the Power Failure : The Dali Incident   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxeKXjDVqMA
Dali size containership steering system   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JElUSyNIJGo
Dali size containership emergency generator power and steering   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrf5JLIQ8rs

Hilariously Unexpected “My House, Not My Cat” Moments - funny cats   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHqrKnJ5Hw

Cherry Blossoms and Maru   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ7grL2y3_Q
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

« Reply #3324 on: April 07, 2024, 02:01:13 PM »

(((LORI))) Keeping you and your family in my thoughts at this time.  :-*

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3325 on: April 07, 2024, 02:03:24 PM »

LANI    Way to0 funny - our Sister kitty today.  ;D ;D      Is the inspection they do of your exterior for compliance with the rules?   That ride over the river is definitely my speed as well  LOL  Lull me to sleep  ;)   Albies giving evidence of party time .   Awwww dog bites on Beanie - That must have been awful for the poor little guy

LORI   I need to save that cat TV link for when Lulu is all over me at the computer  LOL  God bless those two strong grandmas.  Does Luetta know that Russ has passed?  Prayers for your family during this time. :-*

BAZI   Well you do have that injury narrowed down and doc tomorrow is a great idea.  Keep us posted.  Glad it is non dominant hand.  How do you usually get the battery changed in that detector?  Turning the game on now.
Chicagoland

baziunc

« Reply #3326 on: April 07, 2024, 02:07:10 PM »

TSK, LOL on narrowing it down.  ;) I'm done typing for now - it hurts.

GAME TIME!!   :)

karengramke

« Reply #3327 on: April 07, 2024, 02:15:00 PM »

Prayers and hugs, Lori!   Your Grandmothers are  strong women!   Pats to Destiny!

baziunc

« Reply #3328 on: April 07, 2024, 02:16:25 PM »

LOLOL!!  My smoke alarm is not chirping!! I was just in my bedroom, exactly when that loud chirp chirped again just now... turns out it's my NOAA Weather Radio!!!  ;D ::)  It sits next to my bed, under the smoke alarm!  The Weather Radio was chirping once every ten minutes, not my smoke alarm!!! Ha ha. I checked it out - it was alerting me that the NOAA weather station I am tuned into has gone off the air. LOL. The "Off" button will do for now. YAYAY!!! That's the best thing that's happened here today!!!   ;D ;D ;D

karengramke

« Reply #3329 on: April 07, 2024, 02:21:12 PM »

Baz, good for you on the noaa radio!    You may need a cat scan on your fingers if the damage is mot to bone!  Hope Doc has tgat too,