Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 349710 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #3075 on: March 31, 2024, 06:55:46 AM »

The gray fox is the only canid native to North America with the ability to climb trees? With semi-retractable hooked claws, this #fox looks for food and avoids predators by ascending the tallest of trees and jumping from limb to limb.

Happy Easter sunrise from my house to yours!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3076 on: March 31, 2024, 06:59:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, cute Easter Bunny! I have Easter baskets for the kids, I am sure that you have one for Sydney too!  Squishmallow bunny for Bella, weapon for Talon! Women are the peacemakers! We choose Squishmallows over weapons!

Phyl, beautiful Easter picture... Cute little black caps in the 365, sounds like Spring!

Lani, have a wonderful day today, hope Shannon is doing well!

E4E, yes, the Munchkins are cuties, but boy, Bella can make a hot mess in record time! She decided on drawing yesterday, she drew a bunny!

kb, sweet sleeping fox...

Norwich Cathedral 🎶 🙏 Happy Easter from everyone at Norwich Cathedral, England  🙏 🎶
Live services can be watched here > https://bit.ly/CathedralLiveStream

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3077 on: March 31, 2024, 07:22:01 AM »

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

LORI   I loved the Caturday kitties helping with chores  ;D

CLYNN   Nice to get some help with the housework Saturday  ;) ;)  Loved the cat cartoons  ;D  Chess  ::)   So you did end up with a weapon for Talon  LOL   Bella's handsome bunny  ;D

PHYL   Happy memories.  Good to do when young and healthy!  Black caps   ;D    Heard the cuckoo in the backround 365

LANI  Good night kitty  :-*

KB  Beauty of a sunrise - perfect for today.  Interesting about the gray fox

LISA  Epcot for me was preferred.  More educational and adult.  LOL
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3078 on: March 31, 2024, 07:50:26 AM »

Happy Easter Beakers!
Morning Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #3079 on: March 31, 2024, 07:53:31 AM »

kb - Pretty Easter sunrise from your house.

clynn - You went with the weapon, too funny.   Good job, Bella on the bunny drawing!

tsk - I think that is one reason why Jeff has not been too keen about going to Disney.  He doesn't think it is for adults.  Will have to tell him what you said.   :D

Lani - Adorable bunny in her bonnet.

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3080 on: March 31, 2024, 09:09:21 AM »

Good morning Beakers and Happy Easter!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #3081 on: March 31, 2024, 10:31:35 AM »

karengramke

« Reply #3082 on: March 31, 2024, 12:10:42 PM »

Happy Easter, Afternoon!  Beautiful Day with abundant sunshine and gentle 80 degree breezes!
Good to see you here Pauli!   Cheers  to al the cheerios too!

Missing an Easter Lily this year!   Bought them for many years and planted them in the yard.  They came up in the spring  for several years!
I kept about a half a pound of the pork roast and gave over
8 pounds to  the neighbor. 
Lani, love the Easter Bunny in her Easter Hat!
Clynn, you have to subscribeto watch the service.  Lovely cathedral though!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 01:35:43 PM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #3083 on: March 31, 2024, 01:41:43 PM »

The gray fox is the only canid native to North America with the ability to climb trees? With semi-retractable hooked claws, this #fox looks for food and avoids predators by ascending the tallest of trees and jumping from limb to limb.

Happy Easter sunrise from my house to yours!

Very interesting kb. I had no idea Gray Fox were such good tree climbers.
I've seen many in the wild but never up in a tree !   :o
I'll have to keep my eyes looking up more now.   :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_fox#Behavior
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3084 on: March 31, 2024, 03:59:38 PM »

LANI   Your AM bunny is so cute and ready for the Easter parade. :D

HI PAULIE  Happy Easter to you as well.  :-*

Tennessee gave Purdue a run for their money.  Good game.
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #3085 on: March 31, 2024, 04:12:45 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers.  :)

I walked 33 minutes. It's sunny and very, very warm here - another beautiful day.  :)  I could've used a longer walk, especially after a very filling late brunch/lunch of Quiche Lorraine, roasted fresh asparagus, and buttermilk biscuits with butter and apricot jam. Yum. Had extra coffee this morning.

Purdue just won over Tennessee, in a close game, and they are headed to the Final Four.

I am waiting for the next game to begin, with extra interest since both teams are conference rivals of my Tarheels... and I will NOT be pulling for anyone wearing dark blue!  ;D 8)

BL, I also didn't know the gray fox was that adept at climbing, though I knew they could get in trees. There are many grey foxes around where I live, and I have seen them sleeping on the ground in bushy cover, and at their dens, but I've never been lucky enough to see one as much as 30 ft up in a tree hollow, or in tree branches that high. Pretty cool. Is the snow forecast for early this week in the northeast coming to your home neighborhood?

Clynn, fun pics of Bella, the Dishwasher, and Talon. LOL!  :-* Nice artwork from Bella, too. Sam and Sophie have a lot of fun together. Glad Harley is spending more time around them, and Sophie is not giving up on winning Harley's friendship.  :D Norwich Cathedral is pretty. Yes, the un-called-for political comments in a post in Forum's Beak Room yesterday is a negative thing, and also makes for some hard feelings. It shouldn't be there.  RRP's Forum rules need to be respected.

E4E, I hope you won't get any more water in your garage! The atmospheric rivers keep on coming to the west coast!

TSK, did I see several inches of snow in your forecast for the next couple of days?

Lisa, my sister will be in Baltimore this week, meeting her son and his 4 kids (the 2 sets of twins), to enjoy some Spring Break. Among other things, they will be visiting the Baltimore Aquarium, and also taking the kids for some sightseeing in DC. The weather forecast is dicey for part of their trip, but I hope it won't stop them from getting out to see things. It sounds like you will luck out of getting the colder precip of snow that is coming for points west and north of you - some of it measuring in feet. Does the detour around the closed part of that Baltimore  loop that included the collapsed Key Bridge affect Jeff's commute to work each day? I hope not.

Karen, glad your roast was yummy. Wow, it was big!! So nice to share it with your neighbor who will enjoy it, too. Mine was 3 lbs, and I have frozen some of the leftovers in meal-size portions to enjoy again later.

I'm away to watch the basketball game starting now on CBS.

Waving to All the Beakers. Take care, All.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 04:20:30 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #3086 on: March 31, 2024, 04:55:54 PM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #3087 on: March 31, 2024, 05:07:01 PM »

baz - Oh, I hope the nasty weather doesn't mess up plans for sightseeing.  Jeff's commute is a straight shot from Eastern Shore of MD, across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to Annapolis.  It is about a 25/30 min commute.  Your late brunch/lunch sounds delicious.  I love Quiche Lorraine.

tsk - That was a close game. 

kb - Cute lil gray fox.

karen - How nice of you to share your pork roast with your neighbor.

Lori - Happy Easter to you and Destini  :-*

Waiting for the season finale of The Way Home to come on, so saying Good night, everyone.  :)

Puff

« Reply #3088 on: March 31, 2024, 05:31:04 PM »

Lani Thanks for that hug.  And the orchid was loverly.

L

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3089 on: March 31, 2024, 05:34:53 PM »

Lani Thanks for that hug.  And the orchid was loverly.

L

:-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander