Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 531877 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #2715 on: March 21, 2024, 01:18:34 PM »

HAPPY BIRD-DAY, TIG!! Have a great day!!  :)

Enjoy your yummy real Mexican lunch and the movie!!  :)

Feliz cumpleaños!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 01:22:45 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2716 on: March 21, 2024, 01:28:25 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

Yikes! My Tarheels play in about an hour-and-a-half, and I need to go to the store first!  :o

So... ;D

P.S. GO HEELS!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #2717 on: March 21, 2024, 02:12:01 PM »

Lani - Love your morning pic!  I know, I felt so bad for N2BMG when her egg rolled off the nest. 

tsk - Yes!  Both nests have goose eggs in them now.  The MG on N2B laid one the other day, but she looked like she could be a first time mom, and not known what to expect when that egg came out.  She spun around and the egg landed on the outer part of nest.  She tried to roll it back up, but it got loose and rolled off nest.  :'(

Lani & tsk - Thanks for kind words on Sydney  :-*

kb - Be safe!  I am guessing your weather person is not like ours.  She gets you all hyped up, and nothing happens.

baz - Good luck to your Tarheels!

kbshcb

« Reply #2718 on: March 21, 2024, 02:55:47 PM »

Lisa - I never watch my local news..never.

I've been following wunderground weather for a week, and other weather apps only....they seem to be lining up for a big dump of snow/ice...

In the past even weather apps, have been wrong, but not this close to the event.

oldguy

« Reply #2719 on: March 21, 2024, 03:56:28 PM »

Happy Birthday Tig

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #2720 on: March 21, 2024, 04:42:58 PM »

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/mn/edina/KMNEDINA8

Our forecast....

Though I'm as prepared as can be, I'm actually anxious and maybe a little scared.
Cause supposed to be heavy and wet snow....and over a foot....power outages? tree limbs breaking? etc.

On April 1 last year I lost half of my arbors and other shrubs from a similar storm.

Don't overthink it kb.
It going to do what it's going to do and you're prepared, informed and hunkered in and that's all that you can do.   8)

I must say however you're trending in the wrong upward direction for round #1.   ::)
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #2721 on: March 21, 2024, 05:24:46 PM »

BL - I asked my mailman today if he was ready for Monday?......LOL, he says to me:
Maybe tomorrow as well!....

He's pretty sure he will be called OFF work Monday but maybe even tomorrow.

Now I see why...

Too cruel for spring. ;) ;)

BrokenLug

« Reply #2722 on: March 21, 2024, 06:00:23 PM »

U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #2723 on: March 21, 2024, 06:49:03 PM »

bounce

A pretty 3d card from Camper (etc.)
Our tulips are covered

Thanx again all...
SED and talons crossed
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2724 on: March 21, 2024, 07:37:46 PM »

Lani - Liked 'Bear study'!   Great eagle pics!!    Such a sad thing of the egg rolling off the nest of N2B. :o

Emy - Lol!!! Thank you for clarifying!!!  ;D ;D

Og - Thank you for Iceland update and thanks for all links!

Clynn - Happy to hear the family of Harley, Sophie & Sam are getting acquainted with each other - whether it's sniffing or something else! Lol! ;D ;D   You really did GOOD in taking time for them to get used to each other's scents before introducing them to one another!!   It is really working out!! ;D

Phyl - Nice temp for you today at 67!  Our high was 70 - so we were similar!

Karen - Nice warm temps for you!  Good for you in how you do your exercising!  Hope your Vertigo would leave you alone!  Seriously, wish you can feel less dizzy and and that the Vertigo subsides. {{Karen}}

Puff - Hope your 'puter issues get ironed out soon!  Spain tonight! ;D

Kb - No matter the weather, you are always prepared for it.  Sounds like you have a good plan. {{Kb}}

Lori - I love the birthday greeting for Tig!  I too, would love the lemon cake!!

Tig - Authentic Mexican food for your birthday - it doesn't get any better!!!  So happy you had a beautiful day!!  Hope Ghostbusters was a good movie!!

LisaG - Sweet precious Sydney wishing you a happy birthday - what a darling!!!! ;D

Bl - Liked 'Spring will be there eventually....'

Beakers have a good night.

karengramke

« Reply #2725 on: March 21, 2024, 08:47:30 PM »

OldGuy,that is a great cake for Tig!

Lori, delicious cake you posted!  I too love lemon so of course ,helped myself!
Baz, Tarheels pulled off a win but better neaten up before their next game!  Lol.  Just a tad sloppy!
Soma y Big Ten teams in the playoffs!   Or is it now the  Big 12 soon to be?

Clynn, good news on the kitties!   Cook the salmon?
Lisa, cute picture of Sydney.  Is her hair that light?
Phyl, worried about Jim!
My visit to the ent was good!  Told him I got almost no reaction going to the right, the sitting up in  between the right and left   Movements   Produced a slight bit of dizziness, at times.   Whike putting my  head down to the left caused a  reaction like a carnival ride st first it was now very mild and lasted about 5 seconds.   Told him that while  the exercise was better I was still suffering vertigo around the house!  Reminded him I was not thru the  14 day course .  He said the might make a difference but did a few tests  and then the. Eply!   He said do nothing for two days!  If the vertigo returns , start over!   Said my case has been very hard to treat.   Feel better tonight so we will see!   Enough about this!
Seds  Beakers and the goose families.
Oh, my little house finch is sittimg in the nest!  Must have eggs!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 08:50:25 PM by karengramke »

oldguy

« Reply #2726 on: March 21, 2024, 09:43:23 PM »

Karen - The Big 10 Conference is currently 14 schools, and starting this fall UCLA, USC, Oregon and Washington will be added to make it 18 schools.
The Big Ten only has 6 teams in the NCAA Tourney and 3 in the NIT Tourney.  There has been as many as 8 in the NCAA Tourney some years.
I expect all 6 to win their first game, but only 3 to win the second game....
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2727 on: March 22, 2024, 12:41:07 AM »

Snowing in Decorah.

Lisa, The N2MG nest is covered with snow.. poor lonely egg.

BL, cute card for Tig  ;D

Oldguy, cute cake for Tig.  ;D

Tig, beautiful card from Camper.

SED Eagles

Karen, glad your appt went well and you feel better tonight. Sending prayers for continued healing and comfort.... awww, soon your porch will be filled with chirping sounds.

Congratulations Baz!!   8) ... So far, on my bracket, big losses are BYU and Kentucky.  :o .. close last seconds for our Jayhawks!  :P

Good night!

N1 Mother and Father Goose

Decorah North nest

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eaglesrock, Tsk's friend Maureen, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 12:48:33 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2728 on: March 22, 2024, 06:08:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, looks like the snow has slowed down, Mom North is hunkered down over those precious eggs! You go, Mom North!! And the same for Mother and Father Goose! I think Bella gets her glasses Monday, can't wait to see her in them!

karen, sounds like you are making progress, albeit slowly... Your finch is back! Did you leave the nest in place or did they build a new one?

Lisa, I love the picture of Sydney, looks like her hair is getting lighter! She is such a cutie pie, love those beautiful eyes. She looks like a sweet, cuddly baby!  Our weather people tend to hype it up here too! Looks like we may get an inch of snow, but it won't last long. It's 37 right now, high 43. The temp dips to 34 around 8:00 so it can snow, then right back up!  Enough about the snow! This too shall pass...

Lori, wonderful goodies for tig's birthday! The lemon cakes look delicious!

tsk, I didn't realize there were geese in N2B either, or even that they had a cam on it!

Sue Bruhling = How Sweet is This... Southwest Florida Eagles - March 20, 2024

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #2729 on: March 22, 2024, 06:27:59 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1770186506725978195

LOL..The owner recieved noise complaints from neighbours when she was at work so she set up a camera This is what she saw

Snow removal on the agenda this morning...

Happy Friday.