Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 350990 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1755 on: February 22, 2024, 06:44:04 AM »

Those Scandinavians!....someone swimming without a wet suit at the Duluth Port.....2 days ago.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1756 on: February 22, 2024, 06:47:04 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, good 365, love how the deer gracefully scatter with their little white tails in the air! 44 here, 61 for the high today. I see 2 70 degree days in the forecast for next week! Greenfingers looks like one I would like!

Lani, you had a good night with the High School Seniors! Ed's Mom was always so interesting to talk with, I think because she was a high school counselor. The kids kept her thinking young. She also did a lot of volunteer work for the kids up until she was in her 80's.

BL, listening now...thanks!

E4E, yes, I am looking forward to having the Munchkins this summer! They had a great time at the car show! I posted a couple of pictures, I think on Sunday, maybe Saturday. Sydney's birthday is next week, she will be 30. She had a big party for Erin when he turned 30, I hope he is doing the same for her!

tsk, I hope Margaret is doing well, still sending prayers...

baz, are you going with a group to the game? You will be loud and screaming, I am sure! Good walking!

The Mediterranean Sea of America - After Seeing These 15 Maps You’ll Never Look At The World The Same
  👉https://tinyurl.com/9apsytcu

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 07:47:57 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #1757 on: February 22, 2024, 09:03:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

baz - Yay on your 45 minute walk, and seeing some signs of Spring. 

tsk - Continued prayers for Margaret!  I know you asked karen what she uses to get vomit off the carpet, but I use the Resolve foaming one when B or M does it.  Cleans up good. 

Phyl - Yep, Mama is one tough cookie and doesn't let anything stop her. Very pretty blonde penguin.  Cute morning greeting.

E4E - Those are my kinda snacks in your good night pic....popcorn and coffee?

karen - Glad you are feeling a lil better.  LOL, at least Piper made it to the carpet. 

Lani - Awww, Mama and kitty!

kb - OMG....I hope it wasn't cold!

clynn
- Love the ladle planters.

Puff, tig, and all - Morning  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #1758 on: February 22, 2024, 10:01:12 AM »

Lisa - Lake Superior is too cold in the summer!

and, Tower has been here. Only my cellphone pic so far away. My digital camera still doesn't have working batteries...I now think my charger for batteries is only working on one side of two..playing with it for better pics.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1759 on: February 22, 2024, 11:14:18 AM »

CLYNN   Another cute idea for succulents. That was a fascinating map site.  Will send link to Milw bro who is a geography major  ;) ;)
Australia where ever it goes is the most interesting.

KB   We can still tell it is an eagle  LOL
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1760 on: February 22, 2024, 11:28:01 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Lisa and Miss Fisher's Favorite Fan}}}  8)

Clynn, Love the Hens & Chicks in the ladle planters... It's my favorite for rocky areas too. Though the Javalenas like to eat them, so I don't plant them here. But, they would do well in this soil... interesting map.

Kb, Looks like sunset swim, pretty pic... awww Tigers... and Tower!

Tsk, I use Spot Shot stain remover for all stains. Light spray and wipe with clean white cloth. Resolve foam spray will work too.

Phyl, thanks for nature vid! Run deer, run!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1761 on: February 22, 2024, 01:14:46 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

baz, are you going with a group to the game? You will be loud and screaming, I am sure! Good walking!

Clynn, I will be visiting my sister for a couple of days. She lives near Chapel Hill. We still spend a lot of time in that town, and have ever since we were kids - my father, both my sisters, and I, all went to college there, and as they say, "Our blood runs Carolina Blue."  ;)  My sister and I bought 2 tickets to that Monday night game about a month ago. It's always fun to be in the middle of the nearly 22,000 screaming and cheering fans - my sister and I will be doing our part while we are there.  ;D ;D   We are also going to hike a nature trail on the edge of town there the next day.  :)  I bet Erin is planning a fun 30th b'day for Sydney!  :) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1762 on: February 22, 2024, 01:57:27 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

Have birds; will poop!  8)  I've used Spot Shot and Resolve - they work well. But they are now in "back-up" position in my cabinet, because I discovered Folex Carpet Spot Remover. Yeah, Baby! Now that's what I'm talking about!!  ;D

A 32 oz (quart) spray bottle of Folex Carpet Spot Remover is about $7.00 at places like Lowes or Target, in my part of the country... It looks like this:

and:

https://www.google.com/search?q=folex+carpet+spot+remover&oq=folex+carpet+spot+remover&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDcyNzFqMGoxqAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Lani, thanks for the great pics from TRR.  :) :-* :-*

Karen, I hope you and Piper can enjoy some nice weather on your screened porch this weekend - big warm-up. And tell Piper to stop eating that stuff! I know... he isn't listening. LOL.  ;) I hope his tummy has recovered from his most recent back-yard "All You Can Eat Buffet."  :-*

Lisa, I've recently sworn off popcorn. Again.  ::) ;) My sister and I are going to watch a movie when I visit her next week, so... popcorn might happen. Yikes!  ;D

E4E, I'm glad y'all got the new canvas awning put up, and hope the recent storms won't mess it up any.

TSK, prayers continue for Margaret. Sorry she had to have the surgery to stop the bleeding, but glad she was feeling better so soon afterward. Fingers crossed she is home soon, if not already. Hugs all around.  :-*

Waving to All the Beakers!  :)  :-*

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 02:02:12 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1763 on: February 22, 2024, 04:10:05 PM »

Tsk  pretty leucistic  butterfly;  do hope Margaret is doing better today-prayers will continue; I use Bissell's Little Green Carpet cleaner for  pet accidents / small 'jobs.  First scoop up food bits w/ a spoon .

CLynn soup ladles w/ Hen & Chick plants,  novel idea; interesting maps from Tiny.com

Lisa coincidence  you use term 'tough cookie'. That's exactly what  the Recovery Room nurse said  when I became  conscious after cervical spine surgery. At the time I had ITP in full force and the 30k  pml I had built up from 5k pml to be 'healthy' for that sort of  surgery ---quickly dropped  3/4 thru surgery---transfusions got me to the finish line.  So thankful I had a  strong 'tough cookie' mom. ;)

KB lovely pair of Siberian Tigers today.   And there's 'Mr. Tower'  ;)

Lani    colorful blanket for little sloth and 'Mr./Miss '  Macaw are  too .  I often watch a preschooler when his parents 'go out'.  He's such fun.

Early------'Good Night and SEDs

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 11:44:45 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #1764 on: February 22, 2024, 05:15:07 PM »

kb - You did good with your pic of Mr Tower.   :D

tsk - Any updates on Margaret, since earlier?

Lani;D 

baz - Sounds like you and sis will have a blast at the game.  I am gonna be looking for ya on the jumbotron!  ;D 

Phyl - Am glad you had a tough cookie mom, too!

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1765 on: February 22, 2024, 06:41:47 PM »

BAZI    What a wonderful time with your sis coming up.  And you can even get your steps in  ;D   Who supervises Zippo?   Why did you swear off popcorn?  Actually a pretty good snack - if you can control yourself - NOT  ::) ::)

I was asking about the carpet cleanup as kind of a survey.  Lucy was the puke queen and I have always used Resolve and as a back up Spot Shot.    When I had my yr old new carpeting cleaned ( I tracked it down to incense ash tracked over this light carpet) I called my installer  - well known in this area and excellent installer - who he would recommend to clean it.   The guy came and did a marvelous job.  I said by the way, these are products that I have used to spot clean over the years.  What do you recommend. - NONE of them.
He recommended FOLEX!!! ( I had never heard of it.)    Bazi wins the prize  ;D    He recommended trying first a light soapy solution (Dawn) to clean the area.  If that didn't work then follow directions on Folex bottle.  Used once so far when Lulu knocked over my almost empty coffee cup and the spill caught my area rug.  Did a great job.  Guess it is gentler on fiber.   My ACE carried it.

Margaret  home around noon today tired and sore BUT did manage to give herself a shower.  Told her in an email to cut the 10,000 steps down to 5,000  LOLOL    They both love to do walking but will be laying low for a few days.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #1766 on: February 22, 2024, 07:34:43 PM »

Sorry, I am late to the table!  Have used all the cleaning products Baz and others listed.  My first attemp is to pour water on the spot and use my Bissell hand held pet cleaner!   Some times it works!   Just read about a product called, my dog peed!   Used for all animals for urine, poop, vomit and blood.   Spray it on and in 24 hours the spot, odor, etc and the product are gone.  No scrubbing required!  It doesnt do laundry or iron.  It also costs about 99 dollars!  Reviews were great!

Glad Margaret is home!  Good fortune moving forward!

Baz, hope you blue blood girls have fun and cheer the heels to victory!   Have been out with Piper but the temps are  still in the  low 70s and sixties. The highs for  the day are here for an hour.  Was out about noon talking to my neighbor and the sun felt great!

Vertigo came back this afternoon and I do not know what I did!   Will need another appointment soon!

Clynn, great map.
Lani , cute sloths.
Waving to Eagles. phyl and Lisa!  Seds

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1767 on: February 22, 2024, 07:55:12 PM »

Clynn - Yaaay for the 2nd egg at Berry College! :)   Yes! I did see the pictures of the Munchkins at the car show! ;D ;D

Karen - Hope your vertigo is subsiding and that you are feeling less dizzy and better now.

Tsk - Continued thoughts & prayers for your SIL.  I hope your Milwaukee brother has been able to take her home where she can get some good rest.    Just read that your SIL got to go home today!! I wish them both a peaceful & relaxing evening.

Phyl - Beautiful blonde penguin - how special!! :)    Thank you for 365; deer & coyote (I thought it was a fox when I was watching)!   You are a tough cookie just as your Mom was. {{Phyl}}

Lani - Sounds like a great time at Payson High Senior night - I just know you had a wonderful event!! ;D   Thank you for TRR pics. :)

Kb - Pretty picture of the swimmer & reflection on the water - beautiful sky.

LisaG - Your Mama is a tough cookie!! 'thumbs up'!! ;D

Baz - Have a great time with your sis and going to the game!!!   Cute doggie waving!

Puff, Tig, BL, OG, Lori  :)

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

« Reply #1768 on: February 22, 2024, 10:32:36 PM »

Royal Albatross ~ LGK Defends TF Against Adolescents! KA13 Pulls TF's Fluff 😲 WYL Visits LGK 2.22.24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVfbSL3_gYo&t=779s

Feb 22, 2024
LGK spent the night with TF and in the morning defended TF as curious adolescents BGY and KA13 were too close to the nest. LGK chases them off but KA13 returns and approached TF and pulls its downy fluff! You can see the fluff in its bill. LGK chases him off again! Thankfully LGK was here to protect TF!

BOK returns and when WYL gets up off his nest to let her take over brooding of their chick, WYL comes over to LGK and visits for a long time and ends up taking a nap before he departs back out to sea.

TF is in the very beginning of the post-guard stage and LGK and LGL will be staying away for longer periods of time during the next couple of weeks.  TF is a very brave chick getting its fluff pulled! Thank you for watching!

To see the highlights below, please click on the timestamps to advance to that portion of the video.

TIMESTAMPS
00:00 Opening - LGK wakes up with TF
02:45 TF busy with gardening!!
04:49 BGY arrives
05:40 KA13 comes into view and LGK chases both BGY & KA13 away
07:33 KA13 comes back & pulls TF fluff -LGK chases off
09:44 BOK arrives back to her nest
11:45 BOK/WYL changeover - WYL comes to LGK to visit and rest

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 10:37:35 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #1769 on: February 22, 2024, 11:21:21 PM »

2/23 "Home Alone"

Top Flat chick spent their first night alone last night.
Dad LGK was back and forth,  then finally left.
TF chick also had his/her first visitor come by, LWK who is in the process of finding a new mate.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1760820404657258801

Ever present LWK (single, no mate) checking in on TF chick

Top Flat chick over night & this morning. The last pic, the Ranger was walking by. Also BOK is with TFT chick.

The health checks for the Top Flat area has moved to Monday due to Top Flat chick being in early post-guard stage.
Images from the #RoyalCam

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 08:36:49 AM by Lani »