Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 329813 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1725 on: February 21, 2024, 06:03:33 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... ! 

Currently for Wednesday  37F clear  High  69F  mostly sunny,  Low 37F 

I spent some of yesterday afternoon and finished up in the evening baking: brownies, muffins and cookies. Kept brownies out for Jim.
The rest I put back for him as time passes.

Lani charming kitty and puppy last night---long time w/o wine or chocolate

Lisa glad to read your mom is pacing her recovery w/short drives and the like

{{{Tsk}}} please keep us updated on SIL Margaret

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 06:14:00 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1726 on: February 21, 2024, 06:05:22 AM »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1727 on: February 21, 2024, 06:07:40 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

February 20, 2024: NestFlix, News, and What’s Coming Up!
 February 20, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/02/20/february-20-2024-nestflix-news-and-whats-coming-up/

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1728 on: February 21, 2024, 06:20:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, you are not weak! You are a strong woman to say the least! You gave up 2 of your favorite things! I may be wrong, but isn't only one required?  ;D Keep that cheese close! What is usually in a Trader Joe's Easter Basket? I may have to go look! You and Sadie walk for each other, that's love. Hope Mike and the girls are doing well!

Phyl, ah, the Cane Ridge Bluebirds! A new season is about to start! No, I haven't seen Blackadder, I will give it a try!   My soul cat, Bogey, was born in 1987 and also died in 2000 from kidney failure. We still miss them, don't we...Maggie is a Trooper, you have taken such good care of her! I read the other day of a cat that lived to be 30...  Thanks for the 365 and Amy's Blog! Great closeup of the duck, on the airplane, in the air? Is that possible? Cheers for your Betty Crocker day!

tsk, prayers for your SIL Margaret and your brother.  Thank goodness for the new doctor! It just makes one wonder how many things are missed, not that the retired doctor wasn't a good doctor, but... My Mom might have died if not for Jennifer, the RN in our family. Not everyone has a Jennifer at hand. I had to send her all of the medical information regarding the issue with my eye so she could approve...

baz, I am still chuckling over the teacher and the brownies and Pink Floyd! And the horses playing boots!

Lisa, I hope you get a Sydney fix soon! I sure miss having Bella on Wednesdays, but at least I will have both of them this summer! Your Mom sounds like she is easing back into her active life!

Berry College - We have a second egg in this second clutch! Egg #2 arrived tonight, 2/20, at 8:05pm.

This is the Painted Wall in the Black Canyon of the Gunnison near Montrose, Colorado. After the Gunnison River cut the canyon the huge piece of rock was lifted so the river is above the nearby Uncompaghre River valley. The power/energy required to lift the entire piece of the earth is just beyond comprehension.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1729 on: February 21, 2024, 07:13:13 AM »

60's in the forecast on and off for the next 10 days!!!  Lots of confusion in the plant world  ???

PHYL  Good bluebird shots this AM  :)    AM duck hitching a ride  ;D ;D       365   :)     Thanks for Amy's blog.  Newman's back as are the geese .

LANI  Nothing like early morning endorphins to get you going for the day.  Another one of the positives to owning a dog.  ;)  Sweet good night pic. :)   You've had Mike home for a nice long time.  When's his next trip?

CLYNN      Happy to hear Jennifer has the knowledge of your medical condition.  I usually run everything by my nurse friend Julie.
Thanks for the Berry's news  :D
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #1730 on: February 21, 2024, 08:29:05 AM »

Good Morning!  Clynn, love the little girl with the big bright sunflower!  Also the garden stick ladies!   Would like them but they would not hold up well in this climate!   Spectacular Colorado Canyon!   Another second clutch!
It was a nurse PA who discovered my broken pelvis , while at the home.    They are invaluable parts of tge medical team!
Good walks Lani!   I gave up wine years ago!  Do not think I really liked it!  Lol.  Chocolate. I do think that would be a problem!
Going to the ent  this afternoon!  Vertigo bad yesterday!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:19:17 AM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #1731 on: February 21, 2024, 09:45:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

E4E - So sorry about your post, so frustrating!  All is good here, thanks.  :)

tsk - I am so sorry to hear about your Milwaukee SIL.  Prayers coming!!  I looked at my weather app, and see some 60's for us, too. So unusual for this time of year, maybe Phil was right...early Spring?! 

Phyl - Great pics of your blue birds. Thanks, mama doesn't let anything keep her down.  Love the morning pic!

Lani - I am weak, too.  I have every intention of giving something up for Lent, and then I always forget and eat it.  Love the good night pic!

clynn - So excited for Berry, and their 2nd clutch!  Thanks for the pic.  Cute lil garden figurines. 

karen - Good luck at ENT today, hope he can fix you up!

kbshcb

« Reply #1732 on: February 21, 2024, 10:08:01 AM »

Larry Strack caught this great pic of an Eastern Screech Owl napping in Hastings, MN. Not that far south of the Twin Cities along the Mississippi River.

Going up to almost 50 here too today!

Morning all...busy getting ready for a Sunday move of living room furniture. Swapping the side the tv is on and mixing up the sitting arrangements. Have help coming Sunday but removing books from book case and cd's, dvd's, equipment and "Junk" in the cabinet holding tv....

tsk - hope your SIL improves today. Keep us posted.

Icing the shoulder and heading out for a walk soon.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1733 on: February 21, 2024, 10:58:30 AM »

Royal Albatross - 2/20 Weigh Day
Colin weighed the chicks this morning with their Dads watching on. Yes there was changeovers at both TF & TFT nests.

Read Sharyn's update for the chicks weights, info about the imminent post guard stage esp. for TF chick & health checks.

The parents are trusting and patient while chick is being handled by ranger.  :-*
https://twitter.com/i/status/1759908116177760701

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, sweet deer and then there's the wolf ... thanks for Amy's blog...

Clynn, my Trader Joe Easter basket will have treats for Sadie, cats, wine/cheese/chocolate almonds/blueberry scones for me! I'll share the almonds with Mike. 8) ... Mike and the girls are busy and doing well.... congratulations to Berry College... like your morning pics... glad you have an RN in your family too {{{Jennifer}}}.

Tsk, I think Mike's last trip wore him out. He's not anxious to leave anytime soon, not even to Gila Bend. But, he has the plants well-organized and he trusts the staff. They keep in contact with him throughout the day.

{{{Karen and Piper}}} I pray all goes well at your appt. And Piper's doing well too.

Eagles, I hope you're post will work for you today. I have trouble trying to change my good night post. I can't change the font size to 12. The top part will change to 12, but not below the candle pic. I'll work it out when I have more time.

Lisa, I think we're going to have an early spring too. Which means a long summer, not happy about that....  I wish it was Indian Summer year round. LOL!

Kb, beautiful Screech Owl looks so cozy.  :-* ... enjoy your walk.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #1734 on: February 21, 2024, 12:03:43 PM »

Lisa, I think we're going to have an early spring too. Which means a long summer, not happy about that....  I wish it was Indian Summer year round. LOL!

You can keep an eye on the progress of Spring with this handy tool.

Lani it looks like Payson is on course to be about No Difference if not a touch Late on the First leaf index.
LisaG 14 Days Early is marching steadily north towards you/us.
Baz is 7 Days Early.
KarenG you were right at No difference to 1 Day late in Valdosta, GA.
Phyl's in Memphis, TN your about 9 days early.

Bring on the Blue Birds.   8)

How often do we see a spring this early or late?

How typical is this year’s spring? Darker colors represent springs that are unusually early or late in the long-term record. Gray indicates an average spring.

The Sacramento Valley as well as coastal areas of Northern California, Oregon, and Washington are seeing the earliest spring leaf out on record.

Note that the Spring Leaf Index is based on heat accumulation and may have less relevance in water-limited systems like California and the Southwest. Precipitation may play a larger role in the phenology of plants in these areas.

> Read the info box > click upper right in that box to Hide Description.
> Pan the map by dragging it to near your location.
> Use the +/- buttons to zoom in on your location.
> On the left side click on 'Base Layer' > lower the Opacity to 25% so you can read the place names on the map. Read the text below the Opacity slider also.
> Once you get the map panned and zoomed to your location click on the map. I will tell you how late or early.

Sorry about the long URL, but TINYURL won't tiny it.   ::)

https://data.usanpn.org/vis-tool/#/explore-phenological-findings;s=eJylVe9v2zYQ%2FVcIYR8tWXbazjE8F1j3K0A3dE22YFuG4iSdZMIUKZCUVa3I%2F95HSk7TDOg%2BDDBihsd79%2B7dI%2F0h8dIrTrbJ7YEti0pWwnVW6kaQtfLEgsmqUfiDdGLE%2BmWySDw1SuqQdBO2W%2BqEO5jBiSFizPmKqRam9zNQFZEkW2GsUOSxKE3bkUXEGxRgoYxuUgRaQSe21HCGYhW70srOS6NR8E6LXbG%2FPRBgW3GFFHOMZP3L3bLYixDv9v%2BP1kOv%2F01QFOQQNjqGO7bSVKK2phWry8tVus7XeSZuEApkgPpwnLSQ2nNjyQeRW1OxAgba6lBPlt5FROfJemHqM%2FmSlAp0ENqROFiuv7lLDt53brtcDsOQ9Y50pzNjm6XmwS2nvLtEAKhhj9PvCkX6eJfsryfIK41y7HZL2geqQbhIZiAnKj6xMh0q9i6q%2FEiBijyaieSUVFQ69FSJg9E8ur48Kp43AFMwo92KtZe1BBi2SJRKtpBblAfSEFIGGuQxhGL8Qn%2BNMgWpKSdrzGlZWEyYlw%2Fp7tMyjeqlX5Dgt%2Bw6Ez9GSPFq4vGWHSZfHsQbazCddtJlt%2Bwmb83eqwy7ySeelRItP3bfa4PysKubBgoDieCh8H32GgKTZc4%2BejroTy6FhurfgIXqOS7Oln2Ch%2BlwJr6Pd%2FcpZEsjCLleeaiOSTSWI4iV7hgowL8OLVIbgOD8Dmr5uXbBDXICVIAMaJhYrczAsUbBtQEpBKHoEBxuZzg4CSDZIyF%2FMgP8rHGJYThZz2%2FMSbqelPwnNvxY1T9MH4%2FPfvHzpaqkA78R%2BsI3MRZ4hOhr7FrxCq01xo6h1bD7M3Ja1n0mbiUKTpufXwWUmXIWYpyLzlUEIyfKDfgopxXf4glqpzuziNM6SR6w0GhDoCMYEXZUgex0I8reWmgxvTCYu%2B%2BnfdKmJYwrHIw64fHj91AQWibbD8lXpSLn8AaihWtWXMYncZE0vaywuy6pXL%2FYrNOvL1bP02ebqkg31WqFP%2BXmIn9BVNSXON2yJ6DdLxLNfjD2eFUB86%2B%2FF0mgAsSH%2F8M9OskKbbw5MLixRyOI1aQcI71vv6PR%2FRqm5ccfpALTZHuRL5JOGT9jmI5KRJNtnm0WSWF6XZGVPEfD3Ox5QGjh8zEk84FfqA0%2FNU6m77fBeO9moWZ5tP%2BdcBmCAvn6WZqv0%2FXqJn%2B%2BzXN8sjzP%2F8TBoHWyDQfu7z8CYnFtqA%3D%3D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 08:49:49 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1735 on: February 21, 2024, 12:36:59 PM »

KAREN   Good luck at ENT today.

KB   Cute little screech owl.  They are such tiny little things   63 degrees and sunny right now.  Good time to purge with your LR change up.  ;) ;)

CLYNN   So glad Mike can be home for a while.  :-*
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1736 on: February 21, 2024, 12:43:57 PM »

KAREN   Good luck at ENT today.

KB   Cute little screech owl.  They are such tiny little things   63 degrees and sunny right now.  Good time to purge with your LR change up.  ;) ;)

CLYNN   So glad Mike can be home for a while.  :-*

Purge is right!...and clean.....hence the shoulder issues..circular motions....you know.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1737 on: February 21, 2024, 02:01:40 PM »

bounce

KB - gorgeous owl. Take care...

Camper and I just returned from dropping off some bags of groceries at our local fire station. It is what we could do. And pray. https://www.facebook.com/SavageFireMN/posts/793435522829235?ref=embed_post

Hugs all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #1738 on: February 21, 2024, 02:20:14 PM »

Good Albi report ! Thanks Lani.  Super Easter Basket and nice to include Sadie and the Kitties!   I worked with a man once who bragged that they bought his young children under ware and put it in the basket!  We asked, candy?  No just undies!   Mean Easter Bunny!  No little toys or books either.
Nice website BL!   Think it is spring here already!   
MD said my vertigo was pretty severe today!  Treated both sides and said I should come back in 2 weeks even if I do not feel dizzy!   Msde the appointment!   Warned about dental and beauty shoo appointments!   Now to keep my head straight for at least 48 hours.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1739 on: February 21, 2024, 02:59:52 PM »

Baz, will you be in

Chapel Hill in person or in spirit on your sofa, in front of the tv?   Either way . Good luck to the tar heels!

Lani, take some time to rest during your busy week!   I hope they can find an answer to the early demise of the 3 finger sloths!  They are all so sweet looking,

Karen, I will be at the game, live and in person. GO HEELS!!!  ;D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center