Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 351754 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1740 on: February 21, 2024, 03:31:18 PM »

karen - Did doc warn about beauty and dental appointments, cause of the vertigo?  Hope you are feeling a lil better today after the visit. 

tig - How thoughtful of you and Camper.  :-*

BL - Yay!

Lani - Thanks for the Royal updates.  Your Trader Joe's Easter basket sounds perfect. 

kb - Aborable pic of the Screech Owl.  Hope you had a good walk and shoulder is feeling better.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1741 on: February 21, 2024, 03:43:20 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

I rented the movie, Barbie, last night. I would've enjoyed it even more on a large screen.  :)

Yesterday I walked 45 minutes. Yay! And today I walked 34 minutes... and spied an azalea showing a few fully open pretty-in-deep-pink blooms! A group of 3 Turkey Vultures were "playing" along my walk to the kayak launch today - I really think they were out just having fun with each other  :-* flying back and forth low, almost swiping some pine tree branches, and landing on a roof, and then flying after each other and taking a ride up high, and then circling back down and swooping low right past me, and then on over to the woods by the cypress swamp. I always know that Spring is in the air for real when the birds start getting crazy silly hormonal.  ;D :-* :-* Even the Turkey Vultures!  LOL! I wish willi had been with me to see them!!  :-* :-*

Lani, your Trader Joe's Easter basket sounds like the bomb!  :D  Thanks for the great report on the Royal Albie and the chicks!  :-* :-*

Karen, I'm so glad you had a good session with your ENT today! I hope your 2-week follow-up will bring you even longer respite from that dizziness. Yep, gotta be careful putting your head back for a shampoo at the salon and the dentist's chair - and sitting back up from that!

Clynn, that is the best news for the Berry nest Eagles!!  :-* :-* :-*  I love that nest, and I am sooo happy they got a second clutch this year! And now a 2nd egglet for their 2nd clutch!! Wow!! Talons crossed they have a better rest of the season there.  :-* And WOW! on the Painted Wall at the Black Canyon! Spectacular!!

Lisa, I'm glad your momma is able to get out a bit on her own a little more... she gathers no moss!!  ;) :D  Yes, a Sydney fix is in order!!  :D :-* :-*

E4E, did you get the high winds again with this most recent "atmospheric river" that hit CA the last few days? Have you and Kris gotten your new canvas cover yet to replace the one that the other storm destroyed?

BL, thanks for the early Spring prognostications map. I can see it in person as it happens here. Nature is wondrous!  :)

TSK, oh my, I'm so sorry for your Milwaukee brother's wife, Margaret, going through all of that!! Yes, many prayers going out for her, and for her husband, and for the care team there! Hugs.

Take care, All. Peace.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 03:49:44 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1742 on: February 21, 2024, 06:28:08 PM »

TIG   What a wonderful thing to do to bring the station groceries..  Adam was one handsome guy.  What a shame.

KAREN   So your doc did the Epley maneuver?  Did it help.  Sure hard to keep your head straight!!

BAZI  An in person game - Yahoo.  Be sure to wave.

Margaret had surgery this AM to cauterize the liver vein that did not stop bleeding on its own.  When she finally got back to the room she was feeling better altho there will be some discomfort until all the blood reabsorbs into her system. .  Kidney surgery was cancelled for Friday  - no new date and still waiting on liver biopsy results.  Bro hoped they could go home tonight?  Thanks for your prayers.  :-* :-*
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1743 on: February 21, 2024, 06:44:38 PM »

...been eons since I've visited Memphis.

Tsk   thanks so much for Margaret's update, glad the bleeding was stopped and waiting on liver biopsy. Prayers   continue.

CLynn really enjoyed your AM post; I remember your speaking of Bogey  :-*---yes we still miss them, always. Tks for Berry College update/snaps.  ;)
Also, have you seen 'Mr. Bean'? Also w/ Rowan Atkinson---own that DVD set too.  ::) Also have you seen movie 'Green Fingers'?   2000 trailer
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzvwH5EhNTI

Tsk   lovely white owl this AM.   Oh yeah---Newman's back and with Julie and Lisa---  it's getting 'R' rated on the bluff . No surprise.

{{Karen}} glad you got some vertigo relief. I can see the dental appts  w/ drilling and repeat head movements. Hair salon appts? unless it's tilting the head back in the shampoo basin.  Hope your improvements continue.
I have a 6" titanium plate screwed in my spinal column c-3 and c6 between it and esophagus, with 6 surgical stainless steel screws , 3 on each side.  No body maneuvers my head or twists my neck ! No body---there's no way a therapist or doc  or anyone could know how that feels with all that 'hardwear'  inside my neck.   

Lisa I'm with your mom,  can't let 'issues' get one feeling down--you know?  So, when is the premier of 'Sydney: The Movie" ?  ;)   Oh yeah...Lent's all about sacrifice.  :)

KB awesome photo of Eastern Screech Owl  in Hastings, MN. 

Eagles oh the frustration of losing a post---esp when one is ready to hit 'post'.   :(

Lani many thanks for the Royal  Albie update/snaps. Really enjoy the video shorts

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1744 on: February 21, 2024, 06:48:52 PM »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1745 on: February 21, 2024, 06:54:47 PM »

Good Night Everyone...
SEDs...sending 🙏 's  . 

#Istandwith Evan

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1746 on: February 21, 2024, 07:21:52 PM »

Tsk - Definitely thoughts & prayers for your Bro's wife Margaret. So sorry & scary they are going thru this. :(   Thank you for Margaret's update.  I sure wish them all the very best.  Prayers for Margaret and your Bro and family.

Karen - Hope Piper is doing better and feeling fine today and hope she continues to feel fine. :-*

Puff - Oh my gosh - yesterday was the anniversary of your Ton - thoughts & warmest hugs for you. :-* :-*

Phyl - Thank you for your nice explanation of your Samantha (of which you were originally speaking to Karen).  Obviously Maggie has been so well taken care of and living a beautiful long and happy life with you & Jim. :-*    Cute Cane Ridge Bluebirds  :)

Lani - I wish I were there to walk with you & Sadie!   Nice Easter basket you will have for your furry members! :-* :)

Clynn - That will be something to look forward to; having the Munchkins during the summer!! I will look forward to pics!! ;D   Have you heard how their weekend was at the car show? :)

LisaG - Happy that all is good with you & family! :)

Kb - Exciting for your Sunday move of those items/furniture you mentioned! :)

Bl - Nice of you to post good info for the Beakers! :)

Tig - Nice of you & Camper  :-* :)

Baz - Yes!  We replaced the torn/shredded canvas awning with a new one.  We did this a week ago.  Thanks for asking!   Good walk!!!  Pat on head for Zippo!

Beakers have a good night.

karengramke

« Reply #1747 on: February 21, 2024, 08:23:53 PM »

Dentist anspd shampoo bowl, equal head position!   Gets the calcium crystals out of their home and kinda makes one feel like they are on a wild carnival ride!  Md said my vertigo was severe.
Yes Tisk they do eply maneuver plus a vibrator on the head.  Feel better  but go back in two weeks!  phyll, I have the same rod and screws in my back!  Same metal
in stents in an aorta,  do not think of them much!
Piper thinks the bsck yard is s buffet table!  She grazes out there and  two nights ago, came in and vomited!  As the joke goes, she said, thank God, I made it to the carpet!   When I am sure the  dizzies are gone.
Iwill do a. Better spot removal job!
Well,Spring is beginning to pop out, can dummer be far behind?
Deds, beakers

BrokenLug

« Reply #1748 on: February 21, 2024, 10:06:44 PM »

Baz.  ;D

That's a venue that exudes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 10:08:24 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1749 on: February 21, 2024, 11:50:58 PM »

BL, Thanks for link. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Baz, sounds like your walk today was entertaining! Willi would have loved it too!  :-*

{{{Camper and Tig}}} What kind and generous gesture for you both to do for Fire Department.

{{{Karen and Piper}}} Glad you were able to get some relief....Piper, no more grazing... Cats love to graze. They always miss the wood floors and hit the carpets instead....  I pray you will feel even better tomorrow.  :-*

{{{Tsk}}} Thanks for Margaret's update. So glad the bleeding has stopped, prayers for healing and comfort continue. I pray your bro is able to get some rest too. How scary for all.

Phyl, interesting about the very pretty penguin.

Eagles, I wish you all could walk with us too. The Payson High Senior night was a fun evening. It was such a positive evening to be surrounded by such young and adventuresome girls and boys. You could see the excitement about the future in their eyes. I'm ready for a good night's sleep.  ;D .... Sweet Eagles Dream.  :-*

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #1750 on: February 21, 2024, 11:58:52 PM »

I take you into the day after a hump day the only way I know well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4KQae9oMWs
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 08:10:43 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #1751 on: February 22, 2024, 05:42:15 AM »

Oooops, tsk.  I thought it was your husband's brother - sorry it's happening to your brother and SIL.  Foggy brain excuse?  Sorry.

Phyl

« Reply #1752 on: February 22, 2024, 06:16:42 AM »

Good Morning Everyone....

Currently in Nashville : 56F  mostly cloudy    High  59F heavy rain  Low 46F 

Lani
sweet kitty/kittens last night

Prayers for:  Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Chile; Lakewood Church community;The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1753 on: February 22, 2024, 06:17:24 AM »

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1754 on: February 22, 2024, 06:42:58 AM »

PHYL   So many species seem to have their leucistic varieties.     Love the "white tails" 365

KAREN   Good visit with ENT.   What do you use to get vomit off carpet?

LANI   Oh that beauty of a calico.  My favorite kitty.  ;) ;)   I agree, it is so uplifting to be near young kids who are positive and able to be in environments that foster that attitude.   My heart aches for gangs and kids on the streets who somehow did not have that kind of upbringing/opportunity.  :'(

PUFF   No worries, God knows where the prayers go.  ;) ;)
Chicagoland