Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 329793 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1710 on: February 20, 2024, 12:31:46 PM »

KB   How lucky was that!!

LANI   What a surprise - those eagles on Seal island  ;D    So interesting that the 3 toed sloths are not surviving after rescue.  It's so sad to hear about all those abandoned sloths.         LOLOL  "Hanging on by a thread"...I'd be dead by now.  ;D ;D   You do have a busy week - only a busy Thurs and Friday for me.  Good luck with the speech!

BAZI   LOLOL  Teachers brownies and Pink Floyd

55 degrees - Will walk to Bible study  ;D
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1711 on: February 20, 2024, 01:06:55 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!  :D

(((PUFF))), in remembrance of all the years of love and fun you had with Ton.  :-* :-*

Lani, (((the baby sloths and their loving caretakers)))  :-* :-* You are way busy!! Hang in there! I sure hope the Easter Bunny delivers an Easter morning basket to you filled with chocolate eggs, and a nice bottle of wine tucked into the grass next to them.  :D

TSK, so sorry about Tim having the finger issues. Hope he gets improvement with treatment. Kingfishers are so cool to watch - I just love them. I'm very lucky that I get to watch a resident Kingfisher dive for food every day in the retention pond next to me. I stop and watch regularly - it never gets old.  :-* Nice day for your walk!

Clynn, I want to join you and Lani on that walk with Sadie in her woods at sunrise!  :)

Karen, I'm glad to hear ((Piper)) recovers quickly, and he is doing well!  :-* :-*

Lisa, I think Spring is just about to bust out with some buds on trees here, like in your picture today!  :)  How's your mom doing - more comfortable sitting yet? Spring weather and flowers will help her feel even better soon, I hope!  :D  When do you expect to get another "fix" with Sydney? I hope soon!  :-*

BL, doggone it, I am now allergic to llamas  ::) :(  ... even so, I would probably just risk it and go along with Pip for a few llama kisses, too! Kind of hard to resist!  ;) :D :-* :-*

Oldguy, did you slay at cards this past weekend? Maybe I missed your report?  Hope you don't over-do getting all the Spring arrivals set up at the store! I bet people are itching to hit the Garden Center section there soon!
  :)

Have a Good Day, and Keep Smiling, Beakers!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #1712 on: February 20, 2024, 04:28:33 PM »

Baz, will you be in

Chapel Hill in person or in spirit on your sofa, in front of the tv?   Either way . Good luck to the tar heels!
Lani, take some time to rest during your busy week!   I hope they can find an answer to the early demise of the 3 finger sloths!  They are all so sweet looking,

kbshcb

« Reply #1713 on: February 20, 2024, 04:46:22 PM »

Otsego, MN last night....just gorgeous photo Keith Christensen.

Our snow has left the streets, roofs, and some grass...

LisaG1967

« Reply #1714 on: February 20, 2024, 05:27:15 PM »

baz - Have a great time watching your Tarheels play!  ;D class found the teacher's brownies! Mom is getting better with the sitting up.  Today was the longest she has drove, mile while and she said it was not too bad.  I hope I get a Sydney fix soon, too. 

tsk - Nice temps, and have a good walk!

kb - Love that pic!

Have a good night, everyone!

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1715 on: February 20, 2024, 06:18:09 PM »

Tsk - Bummer for the time spent for Tim having to wait to be seen. ::)

Tig - Okay, I should have remembered what that course is all about - thank you!

Lani - You are dedicated to your little Sadie for those early morning walks!   I am still so sorry for your friend's loss of their big 'ole sweet doggy.   Thank you for the Sloth status - a lot of good info.

Kb - No I have not been to Garrapata Beach for the Calla Lillies - I will need to get over there sometime!   Like how Ollie alerted you to Mr. Tower circling above! :)

BL - What a great evening with the gentleman you hadn't seen in such a long time - bet it was fun to listen to him play his 12-String!!  Tequila! ;D

Phyl - I know you were speaking to Karen, but I am so happy that Maggie didn't have to stay on the medication and didn't have any more seizures. :)    Thanks for 365; liked Egret, Kingfisher & Heron.

Clynn - Like all your morning gifs - always so happy & uplifting.   I also can't say enough wonderful things about Chewy - t[/size]hey are great!

Karen - Hope you & Piper had a good day  :)

LisaG - Hope all is good with family and pets! :) :)

Baz - Lol! Teacher's brownies and Pink Floyd  ;D

Beakers have a good night - keep safe & warm.

Had a little problem posting - I had typed my post in the usual small type and then tried to make it '12' and then some of my post got deleted. :o  So I tried to retype the parts that had disappeared and now I am posting - so hope it is all there.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1716 on: February 20, 2024, 06:23:58 PM »

LANI   Hope to join BAZI and CLYNN on that early AM forest walk  ;D

BAZI   Love the play on "horseshoes"  ;)

KB   Yes a beautiful scene in Otsego.  Such a good eye for composition.

Prayers please for  my Milwaukee Bro's wife, Margaret.  Long story - but had a liver biopsy yesterday and that night back in the ER with pain blurred vision and strange behavior.   Her  BP had bottomed out.  A bleed at the biopsy site filling abdomen which caused the pain- needed blood.  Admitted.  Is supposed to have a cancerous tumor removed from her kidney Friday - Likely may be postponed.  She and my bro are never sick!  Had to change docs as current one retired.  New doc noticed a high Cholesterol and did the new CT scan procedure for the heart to find calcium - heart is great!  However found the tumor and the questionable liver.  God bless this new doctor.  Day by day.  Thanks for the prayers that all works out for them.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1717 on: February 20, 2024, 08:15:51 PM »

Edited

Phyl, Piper is not on anti seizure meds.  Vet said  it is not  medically recommended at this time!   Will have blood work done when it is time for her  vaccines with this in mind. She recovers quickly and seems fine.

That's wonderful news. I'm relieved she's fine and quickly recovers. {{{ Karen/Piper}}}   from me and purrs from Maggie
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1718 on: February 20, 2024, 08:22:33 PM »

{{{Puff}}} Remembering you and your Tony in Heaven. Sending prayers.

CLynn  fantastic Niagara Cave cave; Monty Python was telecast when we lived at the Kaiser Steel mine in Calif. and had no premium cable TV---just cable. It wasn't until the '80s and I subscribed to Comcast in Mo that I watched it---what  a hoot!!  Have you ever watched 'Blackadder'  series w/ Rowan Atkinson? Chatting w/Ed's sister about Pres.A. Lincoln and Spfld. would be so interesting .

Tsk charming kitty wake up this AM; Tim's nurse likes to tease :) hope all went well;  And  of course will pray for y our brother and his wife Margaret. Thanks be to God for the new Doc.

KB how cool to see Mr. Tower---one can never see too eagles.  ;)  Lovely photo of Otsego, MN by Keith Christensen.

Lani thanks for the Seal Island update/photos how great was that --eagles; I wish I had leash trained my cats---a horrendous task---walking Sadie, special quiet time I'm sure; Today's 365 was wonderful to watch -those lovely birds, E, H and K; such a busy week, be sure to 'breathe'.  ;)

Eagles in my post to Karen I was talking about Samantha, my black straight-faced Persian. She  was born in 1983 and died in 2000 from kidney failure.
My little Maggie is  age 22 yrs or 100 cat years---has stage 3 heart murmur and level 2 kidney disease---by God's generosity she's doing quite well and still 'in the game'.  :)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 10:28:03 PM by Phyl »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1719 on: February 20, 2024, 08:23:03 PM »

Cane Ridge Bluebirds in February

Again another well timed snap shot. We have Mom#2 or offspring CR #51 perched on the feeder pole.
 10:40am 2-12-24.

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #1720 on: February 20, 2024, 08:24:14 PM »

Cane Ridge Bluebirds in February

2-12-24 Dad#2 (CR #49) all puffed up to keep warm at 10:42 am. 
These wonderful avians,  now know to pose for me.

#Istandwith Evan

karengramke

« Reply #1721 on: February 20, 2024, 08:48:30 PM »

Phyl, good pictures of the Blue birds!   Like the puffed up one best!

Tsk, prayers for Margaret and your brother!  Some good medicine in Madison and Milwaukee!  Glad she has the new MD but sorry about the bleed.
Seds

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1722 on: February 20, 2024, 10:23:50 PM »

((( TSK/Margaret )))

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #1723 on: February 20, 2024, 10:25:39 PM »

Karen thanks...and ...

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.   

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1724 on: February 20, 2024, 11:56:50 PM »

Lisa, yep, no wine or chocolate, I should add cheese, but I'm weak  :-\ ... glad to hear your mom is taking it one day at a time, sitting and short drives. {{{Sydney}}}  :-*

Baz, sorry, No Powerball this time! Next time! Go Tarheels!  ;D .. We had naptime at Pearl Harbor Elementary, but we listened to "ZIP-A-DEE-DOO-DAH" and drank guava juice. ;D.. yes, I'm looking forward to my Trader Joe Easter Basket!  ;)

Kb, stunning photo by Keith Christensen. That would make a great puzzle.

Eagles, Depending on Sadie's mood, our morning walks or part jog or sometimes hike gives me lots of energy for the day. Clears my head too.

{{{Oh Tsk}}}, I am very sorry to hear about your SIL Margaret's serious illness. For sure prayers being sent, candle being lit... God Bless the new doctor! Prayers for your Mil {{{Bro and Margaret.}}} 

Phyl, sweet Bluebirds.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 12:11:13 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander