Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 319309 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1695 on: February 20, 2024, 06:40:05 AM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1696 on: February 20, 2024, 06:44:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, 31 here now, high 57 today! Predicting 71 for Monday! Good 365, beautiful scenery and loved the heron taking a bath! I agree, Btitish comedy is great, my sisters and I all love the Monty Python movies too! The comedy in The Search for the Holy Grail, The Llife of Brian and The Meaning of Life are all hysterical! These days I oive the murder mysteries...  Love the Lincoln article, and one thing I love about Springfield - Lincoln memorabilia everywhere! Ed's oldest sister is somewhat of a historian on Lincoln.

Lani, again, I would love to go on your morning walks with Sadie. Wishing comfort for your friend who lost her furry friend...I read on FB thar Jody had to let Amari go and I just had to post my condolences. Chewey is so easy to deal with, one time I ordered Harley's prescription food wrong, I ordered the regular instead of the moderate calorie and asked how to return it. They told me to donate it and sent me the correct food for free. And this food is over $100 a bag!

BL, oh the great music you posted! Okay, were you a Roadie earlier in life? Sounds like a good time was had by all, glad you got to meet up with an old friend!

baz, boy, you hit the jackpot of good luck at the doctor's office! Love the pics of the wet kids!

It's a Minnesota thing  · Niagara Cave cave, in a cornfield, who would have never guessed that there were underground caves! Legend has it that it was discovered by farmers after the three little pigs got lost. Then it was developed into a tourist attraction. Located on the border of MN and IA, two hours from Twin Cities and one hour from Rochester.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1697 on: February 20, 2024, 07:09:24 AM »

TIG   That course sounds grueling.

BL   What fun to have an unexpected visit from a friend  :)

LANI   Tim has two trigger fingers he will have tended to..sigh.   How special of Chewy to be so kind to your hiking friend. 

PHYL    That Calla lily field is spectacular.  Never heard of the field before  :o     Nice close up of the rooster.   Saw a kingfisher one time up in Door county years ago.  365

CLYNN   So many clever people around - potted succulent wreath  :)   Caves in a cornfield - what next?  RIP  Amari.

Remembering today the passing of Puff's Tony  Hugs to you PUFF
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 07:16:02 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1698 on: February 20, 2024, 09:28:47 AM »

Hugs and Thanks tsk.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #1699 on: February 20, 2024, 09:48:33 AM »

Hugs Puff....wishing you well!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1700 on: February 20, 2024, 10:32:39 AM »

bounce

((( Puff )))

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #1701 on: February 20, 2024, 11:07:21 AM »

Wow I’m sitting on my deck with Ollie and Mr tower circled right over my head maybe 5 times, do low Ollie bark d at him. So off he headed to the water tower. His white tail shimmered in the sun!

karengramke

« Reply #1702 on: February 20, 2024, 11:17:17 AM »

Clynn, clever wreath!

Phyl, Piper is not on anti seizure meds.  Vet said  it is not  medically recommended at this time!   Will have blood work done when it is time for her  vaccines with this in mind. She recovers quickly and seems fine.

Lani, Chewy does a Nice job.   Hope you and Sadie had a great walk this morning!   Surprised to read that you have a hearing loss.  Do you have hrating aids?  I have some but like everyone else, I do not think they mdo much!
((Jody))
((Puff))
Waiting to see if we hear from BaZ
Tsk, sorry about Tims fingers!   Always something!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1703 on: February 20, 2024, 11:29:03 AM »

One of the few Gray Seal pups remaining on Seal Island  :-*

Keeping watch on Seal Island  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Puff}}} Remembering your Tony. Hugs and prayers Puff.  :-*

Kb, beautiful Calla Lily Valley! Just stunning.... Handsome Rooster and YAY Mr Tower!

Phyl, Yes, the endangered sloths have serious medical issues. Also, it saddens me that the 3-Toe Sloths cannot seem to survive beyond a few months old. So far, none have survived at this Costa Rica rescue.  :'(  I'm sure they are studies being conducted about that. I just love their precious bandit-like faces. Thank you for reading my update on the Sloth TV thread.... Beautiful Kingfisher and Egret....

Clynn, Love the Potted Wreath! .... I'm sorry to hear the sad news about Jody's Amari  :'( ... I'll post a note on her FB... Dresden's special kidney diet food was over $100 too. And yes, Chewy is easy to deal with.... interesting about Niagara Cave in a cornfield, looks spooky.  ;D

{{{Tsk and Tim}}}

Geez, I have a busy week, Two Zoom meetings today... I'm doing a presentation tomorrow night for our women's group for Payson High Senior Scholarship night.... Thursday afternoon is a Webinar that I have to attend... and Friday to the valley for haircut/Costco/Trader Joe.  :P ... I've given up wine/chocolate for Lent. I'm hanging on here by a thread.  :-X

Have a good day Everyone!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 11:31:29 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1704 on: February 20, 2024, 11:31:11 AM »

📺 SLOTH TV - they name the baby sloths after their rescuers.  ;D

🦥Sloth Preschool Update:
:-*

Moose, two-fingered sloth: Stable and active. Gaining weight and healthy all-around. He is finally growing in some adult hair!

Mimi, two-fingered sloth: Mimi is officially spending her nights out of the incubator with the other babies! She has been a lot more active and gaining confidence as she navigates life with one hand.

Grover, two-fingered sloth: Grover is growing well and nearing 1-kilogram, meaning he will be graduating to Sloth Elementary soon! Stable and gaining weight.

Nazli, two-fingered sloth: The wound on Nazli’s nose finally healed and she finished her nebulization treatments! While her prognosis is still reserved, she is gaining weight and doing much better than when she first arrived. She is also now spending her nights outside of the incubator!

JJ, two-fingered sloth: JJ is stable and growing well, but has to remain separated from his classmates, as he arrived with a case of mites. We are actively treating him with clorhexadine baths and mite medication.

NEW ARRIVAL Beanie, two-fingered sloth: Beanie was found alone on the ground, covered in bite wounds from a dog attack. We suspect there may be internal injuries to her hind limbs, as she has limited function. In need of a CT scan with a reserved prognosis at this time.

NEW ARRIVAL Fiesta, two-fingered sloth: Fiesta was found alone, abandoned by her mother with her umbilical cord still attached. She is in need of a CT scan to investigate some unusual findings in her x-rays. She has a reserved prognosis at this time.

NEW ARRIVAL Bruno, two-fingered sloth: This tiny newborn was found on the ground abandoned. Our newest arrival is spending most of his time in an incubator with a reserved prognosis at this time.

🌳Sloth Elementary Update: :-*

Ken, two-fingered sloth: Ken is growing quickly! He is now at the top of his class and right on track to head to Sloth University–only 200 grams away!

Phoenix, two-fingered sloth: Still slightly underweight, but he is stable, active, and growing. We have increased his feedings in an attempt to give him a chance to catch up to his classmates.

Roo, two-fingered sloth: Roo is spending nights in an outdoor enclosure and is eating exclusively leaves. Once he hits 1.5 kilograms, he will be ready to graduate to Sloth University!

GRADUATE Elmo, two-fingered sloth: Elmo has officially hit 1 kilogram and graduated to Sloth Elementary! He is transitioning onto a smoothie and leaf diet.

GRADUATE Binx, two-fingered sloth: Binx is also now over 1 kilogram and ready to continue her rehabilitation journey! And we have more good news–Binx received a clean bill of health from the cardiologist! We will continue to monitor her for any abnormalities, but for now she is stable and growing well.

🎓Sloth University Update: :-*

Coco, two-fingered sloth: The largest of our sloth graduates, Coco will likely be the first to be rewilded. She is stable and currently in one of our largest sloth pre-release enclosures.

Pax, two-fingered sloth: Growing fast and preparing to be rewilded. Currently in one of our largest sloth pre-release enclosures.

Antonio, two-fingered sloth: Antonio has finally caught up to his classmates in weight! He is stable and growing well.

Myrtle, two-fingered sloth: Stable and gaining weight. Competing with Antonio and Spike to see who will be the next to go into a pre-release enclosure.

Spike, two-fingered sloth: Stable and gaining weight. Competing with Antonio and Myrtle to see who will be the next to go into a pre-release enclosure.

🥀In Loving Memory:  :'(  - My question: why are the 3-fingered sloths survival rate so low? So far, none have lived beyond a few months old since I've been following for almost 2 years.  :'(

Fergus, three-fingered sloth:
We are devastated to share that despite nebulization treatments, Fergus succumbed to pneumonia. This is the reality of working with baby sloths with unknown life histories.

A friendly reminder: We are a critical care facility - Even though you do not see this on camera, the animals are under 24/7 vet care.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #1705 on: February 20, 2024, 11:45:03 AM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

tsk - Cute morning greeting!  Sorry to hear about Tim's trigger fingers. 

((Puff)) - Thinking of you today.  :-*

clynn - Love the flowerpot wreath. I have had the same similar experience with Chewy.  I agree very easy to deal with when something isn't right. Have you ever seen the documentary Decoding the Driftless?  The caves you mentioned remind me of something from the documentary.

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, love Kingfishers. 

kb - Wow, the Calla lilies, beautiful...and the rooster, too.  :D

Lani - How nice of Chewy to send flowers to your friends on the passing of their pup.  What?!?!  Given up wine and chocolate!

tig - Wow, that is a long time.  I hope it is worth the discount.

E4E - Thank you, and I hope you and Kris had a nice day, too. 

baz - So happy to hear the doc got you in, and gave you what you needed.  Aww, cute pic of the lil greats!

karen - Oh no, so sorry to hear Piper had another seizure.  Darn, I missed all of your good cooking last night!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1706 on: February 20, 2024, 11:54:28 AM »

Baz, good morning for you, kids are cute  surprised at your pick of warm and beach side!   I truly thought you would rather be in Chapel Hill!   Have a good night and a winning ticket!

LOL, Karen! I will be in Chapel Hill Monday night watching the Tarheels play at the Dean Dome! Go Heels!!  :D I didn't win the Powerball jackpot last night. Boo! No one else did either. LOL. Next time!!  ;D  ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1707 on: February 20, 2024, 12:02:01 PM »

BAZI   You are so funny.   The stars were definitely aligned for you today - a miracle in my estimation that the day went so smoothly!!  Tim was put in a room at ortho and 45 min later went to find nurse to ask if he had wrong day as no one had come to see him yet. LOLOL   Enjoy your big lottery win tonight - a good day to buy a ticket!   Thanks for letting us know where you will be   ;) ;)   Those kids are so cute and really learning not to fear water at this young age.

TSK, I have had that exact same experience you described Tim having at a doc office before! OMG, it should never happen that way!! But, LOL, yes, I think I had a charmed day yesterday! It made me smile and laugh - like this cartoon did!  ;D

;D ;D

Oh, P.S. TSK, the kids started swim lessons very young, and continue them. They have spent a lot of time at beaches and lakes in several states, and go to pools often - they are little fish - like my sisters and I were when we were growing up... water lovers, All.  :D :-* :-*

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 12:07:10 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1708 on: February 20, 2024, 12:11:11 PM »

((( TSK/Tim )))
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

« Reply #1709 on: February 20, 2024, 12:25:04 PM »

Sunday nights were made for moving Marshall Amps and Rock-N-Roll.

Jumbo and I moved multiple tons over the years.  :)

We always kicked back and really listened to the Monday Night shows, they in our ears were almost always the best ones. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTUyv6WTdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8pZqgb3z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnzVMUbpV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV03illYdTM

A gentleman I have not seen in 25 years sat next to Pip & I's hearth this eve. Very way cool and unexpected. Played a 12 string guitar and sang like a chorus. Perfect is not strong enough of a word.

Perks of having moved very securely very valuable musical equipment.  :)

The worlds finest tequila was only had by the fire tender and the picker.

I have to go now as we're still looking for pips jaw last seen singing to the Llamas.   :-*

Dancing I love it.

All outside still now have been now accounted for at an ambient air temperature of 20° F.

The fire outside I don't know about for sure.

It's pretty toasty I here tell. 45° at 20'.

Nice, BL. :-*