Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 319402 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1680 on: February 19, 2024, 03:03:02 PM »

Karen - I saw all the rain coming in yesterday on the SWFL nest and one of the parents was on the nest too - precious!   Hope your dizziness is a lil better today.

Clynn - Great pics of the kids at the car show! ;D  Love all the BE pics!   Amazing pic at Namibia and at the Mysterious columns!!

Baz - We got about 1/2" of rain yesterday/last night and today only about .10"  We are doing fine where we live - of which we are grateful.  Happy your inflammation flareup has subsided! :)

Phyl - Pat on the head for your Maggie and hope you & Jim are having a nice day - hope he is off work for President's day holiday!   Yaaay for 2nd egg @ DNN!! :)    Frustrating to deal with computer issues - hope you are able to get it figured out. {{Phyl}}

Lani - How is the weather over there?  Are you still taking Sadie out for a walk early each morning? :)

Tsk - Pretty morning picture!

Tig - Defensive driving refresher course??!

Got to go now, but will check back in later as I still need to read and catch up here!

karengramke

« Reply #1681 on: February 19, 2024, 03:15:29 PM »

Tig, I know some insurance companies give a discount to customers who take driving courses!  Hooe yours does.
Interesting about my old neighbor and dear friend, her family is having her funeral  Mass and memorial service at streamed of the computer!  They sent me the link.  They are a warm and wonderful group of people.
Piper had a seizure early this afternoon.  Vet said she doesnt meet the criteria for medications.  She hadone a few months ago.  Scary!
Cooking Red Beans and rice for dinner tonight and some shrimp!  A salad?   Not sure.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 03:43:46 PM by karengramke »

mich-pip

« Reply #1682 on: February 19, 2024, 03:34:14 PM »

BL said some people here watch British TV shows..... I just watched "This is going to Hurt" and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it.
If anyone is into horror and doesn't mind subtitles, the S.Korean movie "The Wailing" was unbelievable. It's the type of movie that when you watch the ending, you want to re-watch it immediately, which I did.
I've run out of good American TV shows (oxymoron perhaps) so I'm now going to other countries. Any suggestions?
Nature is cruel but we don't have to be
-temple grandin

kbshcb

« Reply #1683 on: February 19, 2024, 04:10:58 PM »

BL said some people here watch British TV shows..... I just watched "This is going to Hurt" and it was fantastic. I highly recommend it.
If anyone is into horror and doesn't mind subtitles, the S.Korean movie "The Wailing" was unbelievable. It's the type of movie that when you watch the ending, you want to re-watch it immediately, which I did.
I've run out of good American TV shows (oxymoron perhaps) so I'm now going to other countries. Any suggestions?

French movie: Anatomy of a Fall...brilliant...some English but all subtitles otherwise

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1684 on: February 19, 2024, 04:21:28 PM »

HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY, BEAKERS!  :)

This has been a very busy day! And I am on my way to the kitchen for special treats, so this will be short, LOLOL!!

I walked 37 minutes today. Yay!

I was on my doc's doorstep when they unlocked the door this morning, as I planned. One person was in front of me, and four other people walked in over the next 5 minutes after I checked in. I didn't have an appt and was going on a prayer and a wish that I would be seen, and without waiting too terribly long. My wish came true! LOL. They called me back 10 minutes after I arrived and took my info right away, and the doc came in to see not 1 minute later. I gave them what they needed  ;)  and they gave me what I needed, and I was out of there less than a half hour after I walked in their door! Woot! I went to the pharmacy straight from the doc's office. It wasn't open yet, but they opened the door maybe 3 minutes after I got there. I had my medicine and was out the door 15 minutes later!!! It all went so swimmingly well, that I immediately went and bought a lottery ticket for tonight's Powerball drawing.  ;D ;D ;D  If you never hear from me after tonight, just know I am living the good life somewhere warm, luxurious, and by the sea.
  ;D  8)

Have a safe and good evening, All. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 02:14:26 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #1685 on: February 19, 2024, 06:03:40 PM »

Baz, good morning for you, kids are cute  surprised at your pick of warm and beach side!   I truly thought you would rather be in Chapel Hill!   Have a good night and a winning ticket!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 06:34:43 PM by karengramke »

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1686 on: February 19, 2024, 06:10:50 PM »

Phyl - 365 in Switzerland - brrrr!

Kb - Beautiful awesome photo of the brown bear and grey wolf - such a special duo!!   Wow, you & Chris were up early! So good of Chris to upgrade your wifi connection and it will be so nice to have a better streaming camera. :) :)

Karen - Sad about your friend passing in January from Covid, but so nice that you were able to talk with her daughter for a while.   Oh no, hope Piper is okay. :-*

LisaG - Hope you & Jeff and kitties have had a nice day. :)

Lani - Sorry to hear about your hiking buddy having to say good-bye to his precious sweet doggie last Thursday. :'( :'(

BL - Thank you for link regarding Crowley Lake Reservoir! Good info!

mich-pip - Interesting program info - thank you!

Baz - Good for you in having a nice & timely visit to the Doctor and then to the Pharmacy! :)   Darling pics of your littlest GN & her baby bro! 8)

Og - If you worked today - hope you had a good day and are relaxing this evening. :)

Lori - You & Destini have a nice day/evening.

Beakers have a good night.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1687 on: February 19, 2024, 06:30:54 PM »

PHYL   That was an amazing story about Lincoln.  I did not know most of that.  That photo is eerie  :o :o

KAREN   I remember that first seizure..Smart vet.  Wish mine had been as smart.  I really don't think Lucy had to be on seizure meds most of her life just from 1 incident we described to vet..  New vet took her off and no problem for two years!!!    Lots of funerals, weddings being streamed these days - Think it mostly started with Covid and continued.

BAZI   You are so funny.   The stars were definitely aligned for you today - a miracle in my estimation that the day went so smoothly!!  Tim was put in a room at ortho and 45 min later went to find nurse to ask if he had wrong day as no one had come to see him yet. LOLOL   Enjoy your big lottery win tonight - a good day to buy a ticket!   Thanks for letting us know where you will be   ;) ;)   Those kids are so cute and really learning not to fear water at this young age.
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #1688 on: February 19, 2024, 08:16:48 PM »

baziunc don't one just love swimmingly ..   ;D
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1689 on: February 19, 2024, 08:18:49 PM »

some bounce
Yes, the course is taken every 3 years to get an insurance discount. It took me almost 6 hours to complete the 4 hr. course with only a few bathroom breaks! Ugh. You can start n stop but I wanted to get it over with.

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

BrokenLug

« Reply #1690 on: February 19, 2024, 09:32:23 PM »

Sunday nights were made for moving Marshall Amps and Rock-N-Roll.

Jumbo and I moved multiple tons over the years.  :)

We always kicked back and really listened to the Monday Night shows, they in our ears were almost always the best ones. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eTUyv6WTdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8pZqgb3z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnzVMUbpV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV03illYdTM

A gentleman I have not seen in 25 years sat next to Pip & I's hearth this eve. Very way cool and unexpected. Played a 12 string guitar and sang like a chorus. Perfect is not strong enough of a word.
~ Insert jaws dropped here ~

Perks of having moved very securely very valuable musical equipment.  :)

The worlds finest tequila was only had by the fire tender and the picker _ He said straight laced and serious where's the worm.   8)

I have to go now as we're still looking for pips jaw last seen singing to the Llamas.   

She's outside dancing. I love it.   :-*

All outside have been now accounted for at an ambient air temperature of 20° F.

The fire outside I don't know about for sure .. as we finally found a worthy bottle of tequila with a worm in it on the shelf.

It's pretty toasty I do here tell at the outside fire ring .. about 45° F at 25' out.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 09:29:41 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1691 on: February 19, 2024, 10:51:45 PM »

Lani/Tsk
  I just checked and    ' Google : about blank'    blocked me too. I've checked the link I posted and it doesn't match the one below.
Sorry, my fumble.  ::) Try this instead. I've checked and it functions.

Pulled the previous post.

The Lingering Legend of Abraham Lincoln’s Ghost

https://www.history.com/news/legend-of-abraham-lincolns-ghost-white-house

Thank you Phyl, I apprecitate it, I'll bookmark it and read it tomorrow.  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1692 on: February 19, 2024, 11:58:29 PM »

Tsk, yes, I love the tenderness between mama sloth and baby.  :-* .. oh no, poor Tim. I don't blame him for checking with the desk... I hope Tim had a good doctor's appt after that long wait.

Eagles, the weather goes from 33 in the morning when Sadie and I head out the door at 6:45am to 62 by mid afternoon. The days have been lovely. We have clouds coming our way by the end of this week. Sadie and I never miss a day, rain, sleet or snow, we leave about 15 minutes before sunrise.  ;D ... our friends who lost their big ole boy last week, use Chewy Pharmacy too. They called Chewy to cancel Dresden special diet food and return the new unopened box of food they just received. Chewy told them to donate the box of food and they reimbursed their account. Sent them cards and today they sent a dozen beautiful tulips.

{{{Karen and Piper}}} How nice they sent you a link to the service.. :) .. i'm sorry to hear Piper had another seizure. :(  I hope you both get a good and restful night's sleep. So tomorrow will be a good day.

Mich-Pip, I love watching British shows. That's all I stream anymore.... Thank you for the series suggestion. How do you watch it? Amazon Prime? I don't mind subtitles at all, I use cc all the time. I have terrible hearing....

Baz, Glad you were able to get what you needed from the doc! The kids look wonderful, and what fun to enjoy the pool in the middle of winter!  ;D ... Well, just in case we never hear from you again. Congratulations on your big win! It's been real nice knowing you!  ;D Many best wishes and Safe travels for you and Zippo!   8)

BL, Great music, Thanks! SED to Pip too!

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 12:07:16 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #1693 on: February 20, 2024, 06:28:38 AM »

CALLA LILY VALLEY, Garrapata Beach, Carmel-By-The-Sea, California, USA It is the most surreal spot along the Pacific Coast Highway, boasting thousands of lilies during the spring season. Just a 2-hour drive from San Francisco and 20 minutes south of Carmel-By-The-Sea, it's easily accessible. The best time to visit is from early January to the end of April, after the rainy season, making it a photographer's paradise, especially before sunset.
Despite being called lilies, Calla lilies are not true lilies, but a a flowering genus of twenty-eight species originating in Africa and growing mostly in marshy areas. They bloom in late spring, and the word "Calla" comes from the Greek term for beautiful. It's worth noting that Calla lily roots are poisonous, along with the entire plant.

Eagles4 - Have you seen this live? ....hmm, the Calla lilies, not the rooster, LOL

Good Morning!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1694 on: February 20, 2024, 06:39:20 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... ! 

Currently for Tuesday, Music City USA  34F cloudy    High  64F  mostly sunny,  Low 34F clear 

Lani your sloths at Toucan Ranch have had some difficult issues ;awesome mini galaxy

Tsk hope Tim is feeling better and his doc apt went well

Karen  sad to read Piper had another seizure.  Hoping the meds help her and give you some peace of mind.  I had a straight-face Persian "Samantha'  for over 11yrs  who developed epilepsy  at an early age. She took anti-seizure meds for years from on set.  Then out of the 'blue' no more seizures/no more meds.  ;)

Mich-Pip Thanks for the shows suggestion. British comedy is the very best followed by American comedy; French and Italian films are a nice change.
However, the British do everything better.  ;)
KB
awesome rooster; lovely lilies

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.  Twin Cities suburb- Minneapolis  ;  Lakewood Church community, Texas;  All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan