Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 296268 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1605 on: February 17, 2024, 11:33:01 AM »

Sorry about the problems with the snow but happy that  there is moisture  on the ground  in the mid west!
Happy Caturday!
Tsk, hha went to the store with me!   I do walk and  push the cart Kind of acts like a walker.  No plans for the weekend  as the trip to the dentist Brought on a raging case of vertigo!   Cant  wait untilMonday  so I can call the ent.   Hope I can get in soon!

Later

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1606 on: February 17, 2024, 12:22:53 PM »

LISA    Cute AM kitties  :) and their birdie friend

KB   That is such a sweet video of parrot and chimp  Awwww :-*     LOLOL  I use the snow blower at less than 4"   :o :o

TIG   I never remember where those uneven parts of concrete are  ::)

PUFF  Funny you should mention that.  Was it about 3-4 yrs ago we had a terrible winter of snow and banks were so high at the end of the driveway.  Tim came home and made the turn into the drive and slid right into the snow bank and it wasn't snow by that time - Major dent in the side of his car.  My heart goes out to you.

KAREN  wish you could get a good PT familiar with BPV and give you those exercises for it.   Barb's hubby Tom only needed 2 sessions and became right as rain...

Turkey breast crocking away...
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #1607 on: February 17, 2024, 12:47:44 PM »

My weather no-no was backabout 3 weeks?  I'm OK .  HotRod isn't.  Backed out carefully down driveway, always being careful because of the brick decoration offset at the street.  Mostly being careful because of the trucks of the workers doing a LOT of extension/renovation of the home across the street.  Was a bit difficult making my exit because of that and the mound of snow at the end of the drive, on the street, pushed against the brick.  Yep, you're ahead of me, I didn't quite clear the snow.  No, I didn't hit the bricks.  Problem was that the pile of snow wasn't snow; it was about 1 foot of a chunk of ice.  I'll be getting an estimate to repair, maybe replace, the spoiler at the front.  I'm sure I was a bit disturbed by the daily obstacle of trucks.  MY BAD  Now, my bill.

P

Yikes Puff on the Hot Rod spoiler and the Ice Berm.
What year is your ride again ? ... it's a Dodge Challenger or Charger as I recall ?

Those Ice Berms almost always win out over the front end spoilers - plastic junk they use now.     :o   ::)

Are everyday vehicle is now a Honda CRV with 8" clearance. Still a lot of plastic garbage just above those 8".   :(
Before we got the CRV we had 2 of Pips parents inherited low slung cars for the previous three Winters.

Pip and I where not use to driving those low slung cars at all having driven mostly trucks and suvs for almost all of our years of driving.
Needless to say there was a lot of "Nose plastic" removed or re-attached on those 2 cars.   ::)

By the time we got rid of the 2004 Mitsubishi Galant (250,000 miles) and the 2002 Lexus (180,000) the underside of the front ends were held together by bubblegum, bailing wire, 100 mph duct tape and finally 2 car Bra's.    ;)   ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:26:11 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #1608 on: February 17, 2024, 01:41:02 PM »

kb - Cute video of monkey and parrot.

tig - How is the thumb?

Puff - Sorry to hear about your mishap with the HotRod!

karen - Oh no, hope you can get in soon to the ENT!

tsk - Thank you.   :)  Yikes, on Tim's mishap with his car.  Turkey breast in crock pot sounds good. I have never done one that way.  Does the skin brown like it does in oven?

kbshcb

« Reply #1609 on: February 17, 2024, 01:55:02 PM »

Hmm, Chris' friend came over today and spent some time. He drove up in a new Suburu SUV...impressive looking..we spoke about it for awhile but most impressive I "heard" was it's ability to drive in snow/ice. Smaller than my Jeep.

I'll keep hanging on as long as I can with my Jeep Grand Cherokee (2000) thank you with only 65,000 miles on it. I know I know I don't have the latest screen/music technology, but push come to shove they can retrofit it with that...music ya know!

As he said, at least i don't have to worry about new computer technology going on "the blink"

BrokenLug

« Reply #1610 on: February 17, 2024, 02:23:22 PM »

Puff when we want to go play in the big boy and girl snow of the Northeast we still take the "Beast from the East".
Our Family's 1972 Chevy Blazer.    ;D

Back story on the 1972 Blazer:
Quote from: Brokenlug
This old gal has even got a CD player in her now however it does skip a lot.   LOL.

The A.C. works great too just open up the wing windows .. what the heck are those .. bugs in your teeth fresh air.

Heat & Defrost. With the V8 it's really not a problem.
Dry your pair of Levi jeans from a cold stream dunk before the boys can get chilly.

She's only had about 5 re-built transmissions, transfer cases and rear ends that I know of.
The wheel wells have been re-fabricated, welded & sealed with oil fittings.
No more rust there ever.   

The factory original 350 V8 engine is still ticking like a Timex and I do mean ticking.  :)

That engine has been meticulously maintained from day one when Mom & Dad bought it new in 1972. 
Change the Oil, Change the Oil, Change the Oil .. Dad always said.

And the 3 of us have as the 72' was passed down to each of us.
Pip and I are the 'youngest' and last titled owners of her.

All 3 of us siblings beat the snot out of this hand me down poor old Chevy gal all over the United States _ Beak, Jumbo & BrokenLug.

Mom & Dad have passed as has our middle Brother Jumbo the true 72 music maniac mechanic.
We'll keep these 4 wheels rolling down the highway until we all meet up again. 

She's crossed the country from coast to coast at least 12 times that we know of.
If there is a lower 48 National Park park that her license plate hasn't seen one time or another I'd be shocked.

Legend has it that one pair of Good Year 4x4 tires dipped their treads into the Atlantic & Pacific oceans 4 times in the same calendar year. Unconfirmed by me.   

I double checked the original factory odometer the other day 900,325 miles.

Round trip to the Moon and back = 477,800 miles.

If we get enough snow Pip & I might just let the snow dust her off as she sure does like the soft marshmallow snow on her old bones after all.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 03:27:23 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #1611 on: February 17, 2024, 02:31:11 PM »

kb You have got that right.

Drive that Jeep Grand Cherokee (2000) with only 65,000 miles on it until it no longer makes financial mechanical sense to do so.  :-*
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #1612 on: February 17, 2024, 02:51:57 PM »

kb You have got that right.

Drive that Jeep Grand Cherokee (2000) with only 65,000 miles on it until it no longer makes financial mechanical sense to do so.  :-*
:-*Absolutely!

My only concern and it's only cause I plan for worst case scenario: Is if someone ran into her and totaled her my insurance co. would only cover blue book for an old vehicle....she's irreplaceable.

karengramke

« Reply #1613 on: February 17, 2024, 02:53:02 PM »

Tsk, wish I knew the exercises too.    Need two visits to the ent to fix the issue but in addition to the  head, neck manipulations they use a vibrator thing on my head.  After one or two. TreTmrnts I am good?   Tho k the dentist and  some neck  exercises  did me in? 

Puff

« Reply #1614 on: February 17, 2024, 03:20:55 PM »

My beater is an '09 Challenger BL.  Spoiled as all get out.  Because of where I had to drive into (Chicago) when teaching I went through three cars before him/HR.  Each of those guys I would drive a hundred miles a day until about  100,000 and then start shopping.  Couldn't chance breaking down in case of. . .well you know big city!  And that's when the city was safe.  Retired 1994, now work out of home.  My HR is almost ready to turn 48,000.  Yep! That's all.  Now it's spoiled but good.  He even has a heated garage.

BTW my '71 was a Charger.  Sold it to my brother with 150,000; he took it to 260,000.  First car, 1966 Plymouth BeepBeep, 71 Charger, 75 was the pig Buick Electra Ton talked me into, 78 Monte Carlo, 87 garbage version of MC, then Challenger.   

Thirteen/fourteen years old now.  We have a contest going - who's going to last longer, him or me.  8)  ;D

P

Puff

« Reply #1615 on: February 17, 2024, 03:41:04 PM »

Good BB for Iowa fans 88-86 (Wisc) in OT.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1616 on: February 17, 2024, 04:14:12 PM »

Yep, Lisa, all good today. Exercising my brain today. Lol.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1617 on: February 17, 2024, 04:30:34 PM »

Its Caturday!

Clynn - Sounds like Bella had a Wonderful/Fun birthday with all the celebrations!! Thanks for posting pictures!!  Love the big girl jewelry box  ;D  What a great weekend the family will have on their trip!! :) ;D

Lori - Beautiful birthday card for Bella!!  You are so talented!! ;D  Hope you & Destini are having nice weekend!

Baz - No worries on the 'M' towns; Monterey / Malibu!  :) ;D  One of those is a lot closer to me than the other! Lol!!

Tsk - I didn't know you have been to Pebble Beach, Ca!! Before my cousin & her hubby moved to TN a few years ago, we took them over to PB and did the 17 Mile Drive!! We all had such a memorable and great time that day!!     Another cute puzzle - cute kittens!!   I see you will be doing some crocheting now, :) ;D

Karen - So sorry for your friends that have passed away recently.

Lani - Hope Mike's Jayhawks win!!

Phyl - Like your night picture!

LisaG - Have a good shopping trip!

Kb - Loved the monkey & bird vid!!  Amazing  ;D    Glad your neck is feeling better - you are a hard worker with all that shoveling!

Tig - Good that you have the pool to help ease all your muscles from shoveling. :)  Just read about your Thumb - take care and hope it feels better soon. {{Tig}}    Yum! Your turkey breast in the Crock will be delicious!  I will be baking chicken thighs for our dinner!

Puff - Oh no - sorry to hear about your fender bender with that big block of ice. :o ::)

BL - Liked reading about your vehicles. ;D

Hope everyone is staying safe, warm & dry!  We had sporadic light showers earlier, but it is now coming down much steadier!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1618 on: February 17, 2024, 04:38:29 PM »

CLynn  LOL kitty in stages licking it's butt. We went to a car show in Spfld. , MO once eons ago. Loads of fun/info and all ---left wanting a new auto.   ;D

Tsk hope shawl ministry meeting provides some additions  to inventory--that's wonderful ministry and I cherish the one the ladies brought to Mom  in hospice at St Thomas Hospt here in Nashville.  LOL kitties licking up the ice cream cone

Lani a Jayhawks   win  ;); hope you and Mike had a nice day.

Lisa cute kitties in hammock

KB cute  Capuchin ( ?)  and parrot; doing better today   :)

Tig you're doing better today  :)

Karen here's to getting in at ENT's

Eagles a comfy kitty in a 'bun'  :) ; a good rain for you---  hopefullly in just right amount.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 07:57:23 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1619 on: February 17, 2024, 05:03:39 PM »

HAPPY CATURDAY, BEAKERS!  :D

I slept 8 glorious hours last night. Woot!  :D  I walked 18 minutes this afternoon, and was glad to do it.  :)

Karen, I'm sorry about your vertigo. Ugh! I hope you can get it fixed soon! But congrats on walking yourself through the grocery store with a cart! I'm glad your HHA also can go with you to help with tasks and errands.

Clynn, oh wow! I love all the pics from Bella's birthday fun! She is really maturing. So pretty. What a great cake and cookies - Squishmallow theme, and gift! So cute!!  :) :-* :-* I'm glad you and Kelsey had good doc appts. I don't know what you mean by "they are taking care of everything," but it sounds like a good thing, so I'm glad for that! Hugs!

Lisa, did you get more fresh snow last night/this morning?

TSK, yum on the crock pot turkey breast!  Love that cat jigsaw puzzle you posted! It sounds like you're moving on from jigsaw puzzles now to knitting and crocheting for a change. I hope you get some more shawl donations, too.  :)  I haven't used a pedometer in over 50 years. LOL! I have never counted steps - then, or now. Counting steps is fine for people who get motivated by that... whatever helps someone toward healthier choices is a good thing. I'm more about intervals of time and intensity, than steps. The most recent studies I have been made aware of are showing that intervals of walking/moving based on duration and intensity is more important than the number of steps. My grocery walking yesterday wasn't worth much in intensity, LOL, and the number of steps didn't make much difference to me, but it definitely counts in terms of being up and moving, versus sitting - with that more recent study emphasizing not sitting as long as 2 or more hours at a time... and also talks about long-term standing not being good either. I had a job once, when I was in college, that required hours of standing with very little walking, and it beat my body up - when I was a healthy 19-year old! So I can relate to their mention of avoiding lengthy standing times. Teachers have to deal with the sitting/long standing times issue - and bear the brunt of that over time, for sure.

Lani, thank you. I feel better today for sure! Getting a very good night of sleep made a big difference! I also apparently have the beginnings of a uti, ugh, so that doesn't help, but my joints are better today! Yay! My Tarheels played better today - and got a win. Your KU Jayhawks are on my TV now - they finally pulled into the lead - good timing, for sure! They're up by 7 points now with about 5 minutes left. Definitely a better 2nd half for them today!

E4E, I hope you get good rain, and not too much!

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 05:08:04 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center