Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 303664 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1575 on: February 16, 2024, 09:23:12 AM »

Good Morning, down in the 60s which is more typical here but probably seems like a heat wave to most!  I have an oak tree with dead leaves, bout ready to fall and the rest of the stuff leafing out or ready to do so!  Azaleas are ready to bloom!  Weird weather.  I feel sorry for the polar bears who are losing their ice!   Not good for that species!
Interesting cereal choices you all have!  I have oatmeal and muesli in the pantry but I do not eat it much.   Not a cereal lover!   I know it is not doing me any good in the pantry!
Switched from Mediacom cable to DIRECTV a few years ago.   Like Clynn, I found it annoying to lose tge connection during rain!   I find it is happening less now!   Price on most services goes up every year and to get lower costs you have to keep switching!  Same thing with health insurance!
Found out, yesterday, that two friends died while I was lounging around in the home!   Both younger than me.  The first one a work friend, about 7 years younger!   Had no idea she was ill!   The other, from college!  One or two yeats younger!  Spoke to her husband who I was friends with first and she got lung cancer and lasted less tgan a year!  He is now planning for his 54th cruise , this one to Europe with a flight back to Dallas!   Later the family is cruising the Great Lakes with a flight home from Ontario!
Camera is off line in Swfl.  Eagle family fine!   Glad to read the Norths are good and cheers for their first egg!  Decorah is a little hard ti follow this year!  I peak into the thread and read Lisas comments!  Lol, Thanks!
Clynn, you have had such a thorough medical checkup following your eye issue that I am  sure your annual will be a breeze!   Good luck to you however and to Kelsey!  Btw, the kitties are darling!   Are you saying that you think Sophie is a mix between a Tortie and a siamese?
Eagles, I have visited many parts of your beautiful state!   Lovely.   I wish our climate issues would be kinder to it!
Sorry about Captiva, Lori, hope the can retrieve and take to Crow!
Happy Birthday Bella!
Tsk, stay warm tomorrow!

LisaG1967

« Reply #1576 on: February 16, 2024, 09:35:24 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I.F.!!!

baz - I hope you headache is gone, and you are feeling better. 

tsk - How cool on the coyote sighting, but kinda scary too in your subdivision. We are windy today too, but not in single digits.

kb - It's good that Chris gets out and drives, keeps him in practice.  :)

Phyl - Hummers, so cute.  I miss Autumn too, and all the colors. Thanks for the 365.

tig - Didn't watch her, but she is all over the internet this morning! Cool on the DNR BE pair sighting!

E4E - I see you said you all went out the day before to beat the crowds.  We are doing the same, but this weekend.  :)

karen - Sorry about your long post getting lost, but I see you got it all done this morning.  :D

oldguy - Thanks for the videos. 

Lani - LOL, single and "Keeping Company" Albies.  I love the Raisin Bran Crunch, so good.

clynn - Good luck to you and Kelsey with doc appointments this morning.  Congrats to the Norths, hoping for a successful season.  Fatty Patty  ;D

Lori - So sad about Lusa!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "6th"  to BELLA!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1577 on: February 16, 2024, 10:02:58 AM »

Happy birthday Bella!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1578 on: February 16, 2024, 10:17:40 AM »

Bella...have a great 6th birthday !

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1579 on: February 16, 2024, 10:55:03 AM »

TGIF Beakers!  8)
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Clynn and Kelsey}}} Beautiful Spring morning pics! I'm not ready for spring, I still want more winter. LOL! I guess I'm a winter girl and not ready to tackle firewising yet.  ;D...  Best wishes for you both for good results from your doctor visit today! And many many {{{Happy birthday wishes for Miss Bella!}}}  :-* ... Does the school allow the children to bring cupcakes for her classmates on their birthday? I remember saying you were considering getting ACORN.... awww first egg for Mrs North!  :-*

Phyl, love today's nature video!

Tsk, this morning our temp was 28 it'll be 61 later today. I don't want spring to come yet, that'll make hot summer months much too long for me.

Lori, so sad about Lusa  :'( I hope they will find the cause of her passing ... my condolences for the Captiva Island family.

{{{Karen}}} very sorry for the passing your two longtime friends.  :-*

Lisa, you and Jeff enjoy the weekend. Mike and I will head down to the valley around 8am tomorrow to do a few quick errands and then head back home for the KU basketball game.   ;D

Hi Puff, Eagles, Tig, Kb, Oldguy, Baz, BL have a great day!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #1580 on: February 16, 2024, 11:38:42 AM »

Enjoy these Pink Lemonade cupcakes!!!  These cupcakes are refreshing, tangy and sweet with a fluffy lemon buttercream.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

oldguy

« Reply #1581 on: February 16, 2024, 12:05:55 PM »

Happy Birthday Bella
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1582 on: February 16, 2024, 01:14:53 PM »

LORI   Captiva:  Don't know that we've seen an older eagle pass away.  Chat not opened yet on this topic.  What a beautiful card you put together for Bella!!   You are so good with creating things to post. :) :-*

KAREN   Agree with health insurance.  You get reeled in with a nice low premium and within two - three years, it's time to switch again.  I get tired of doing that.   What a shame about your two friends.  They were with you at the NH?

LANI   LOLOL on AM dog, chillin'
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1583 on: February 16, 2024, 02:03:39 PM »

My morning routine:  Always start with a banana!  Original All Wheat spoon-sized Shredded Wheat, Quaker Simply Granola (oats, honey, raisins, almonds), Original Cheerios, and Quaker oatmeal.  Mostly finish with a Yoplait.  Now and then substitute might be eggs with bacon on the side, bagel or brioche, pancakes.  This week's treat, with the banana I've been pigging out on a paczki a day.  And, of course some teas.

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #1584 on: February 16, 2024, 03:50:27 PM »

Lani - Cute lil groovy pup this morning. Have fun in the valley.  Tomorrow is shopping day for us, too. 

Lori - Love the 6 collage for Bella, cute!

karen - Sorry to hear about your two friends. 

Puff - I finally saw the paczki in my grocery store, last week.  I was good and refrained from buying them.  Was tempted, tho!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1585 on: February 16, 2024, 04:51:39 PM »

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY, BELLA!!!  :D I hope you're having a really, really fun day!! Hugs!!  :D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #1586 on: February 16, 2024, 05:09:47 PM »

LisaG it looks like Bradley, Kelly and Sydney are going to have some more snow fun tomorrow.  ;D
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1587 on: February 16, 2024, 05:26:18 PM »

Happy TGIF Day, Beakers!  :D

I'm dragging, but I walked 18 minutes today. It's something. I also walked through 3 really big grocery stores today, and I did my early in person voting in my county's primary election. So I did get in plenty of steps, all in all. I am better, but I'm going to break down and take some NSAID now for my headache and body aches, and I'm hoping to get in some decent sleep tonight.  :)

E4E, I meant to say Monterey, LOL. Got "tongue-tied" with those two coastal "M" towns in California. LOL!

Lani, thanks.  :-* Hope you and Mike have a good outing tomorrow. Good luck to your team. Mine plays 2pm my time... hope they have a good game!

Clynn, thanks. Sam has the darker points, so hope I can remember that in the future. They're so cute. I don't know anything about the different kinds of Siamese cats. I hope you and Kelsey had good doctor visits!  :)

TSK, it would be fun to catch up with the girls again soon! :) I say go for the next puzzle!  ;) :D

Tig, I don't have Peacock, so I couldn't see it happen live, But I've been following Caitlin Clark's accomplishments on the court, and knew she would get that "Most All Time" record in the game last night... and some other records, too. I saw it in replay on the sports news.

Lisa, thanks.

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Lusa at Captiva.  :'( Very sad... Fly high, sweet baby eaglet Lusa.  :-*

Oldguy, I hope your cards this Saturday will be as stellar as they were last weekend!  :D

Karen, I'm sorry your post for last night went "POOF!"  Ugh. I'm also sorry you recently got the sad news of losing two of your friends while you were in The Home. Hugs.
  :-*

Take care, All. Good night. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 02:13:08 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #1588 on: February 16, 2024, 05:57:33 PM »

Lori, beautiful collage of pictures of Bella!

Tsk tge youngest of the gals worked at RC  in Idaho!   She was hired by my ex husband!   Lol. We served on  several committees and  she visited me in Alabama and on the phone!
The other friend I met in College!   She pledged the Sorority I was in and I introduced her to her husband!  I dated her Brother in law.  Attended her daughter’s wedding and always felt close to the families!
Several of my  high school friends have died  during the past few years but I always knew tgey were ill!   Not the shock I had of googling for a phone number and finding an obituary  and a notice of a probate case! Sad when you have not been able to  give someone a hug and say goodby.  They say. Age has its privileges but it also has a few tears!
Finished a dinner salad  and Piper and I had some Ice cream!   Yummy!
Seds
Lol Baz!  Feel better!  I visited Att todau and walked Publix!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1589 on: February 16, 2024, 06:03:52 PM »

Beakers, I looked out the window after I posted this morning and it was all WHITE! In some spots it was about 2" and higher in other places! So I asked Ed to take us to our Dr appointment! It has snowed every time I have had a dr appt, so this is no surprise! Everything went fine there, they are taking care of everything so I shouldn't have any further issues. By noon the roads were just wet, and now they are dry, but the ground is still covered. But it is warming up again so it will all be gone tomorrow probably.

Thank you Phyl, E4E, Lisa, Lani, tsk, karen, oldguy, baz and Lori for the birthday wishes for Bella! She wanted to go to Cracker Barrel last night, so that is where we went! Then we came back here so she could open her presents. They all left for Chicago this afternoon, going to a car show this weekend. Bella's other birthday party was earlier, since they were going to be gone. Here are some pics! That is a Squishmallow cake and also cookies! The pink thing is a Big Girl jewelry box we got her, she loved it! Plus plenty of clothes and a big Squishmallow!

baz, another good pic of Sam & Sophie! Hope you get some good rest! Cute story of Lil Bro! Wonder if he would eat the chocolate or just wants it close by...

Lori, what a sweet birthday card you made for Bells, love all the memory pics, I can't believe she is 6!  Hope you and Destini are doing well, wich we could see you in the Beak more often...  :)

Lani, that dog cracked me up, he looks like a real dude! I haven't gotten Acorn yet, I have to get some things done around here first! When our DISH was out last month I watched several Midsomer Murders on youtube on my laptop and that was all she wrote! I was binging...  You and Mike have a safe trip on that Beeline!

Good Night Beakers! See you in the morning!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown