Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 303665 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1635 on: February 18, 2024, 11:00:17 AM »

Awaiting press conference and confirmation of the 3rd officer death... Fingers crossed it was incorrect info from one news outlet.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #1636 on: February 18, 2024, 11:12:17 AM »

Tig, i have always heard that police hate responding to domestic violence calls!   Among the most dangerous!   Wonder how the victim ofthe initial violence is!

Tsk, the vibrator is an addition to the usual treatment!  Added recently!    How was the turkey?  Never thought about cooking on in a slow cooker!

Clynn, love the picture of the family with the water and the Chicago skyline in the background!  So pretty!   Delightful tree stump sprouting  Spring tulips!  Have to look around and see it I have one!  Do not think so as most were ground away!

The story about the elderly did not go back far enough for me and Clynn’s mother!  Probably a few others on the Beak!    Time marched on and change  continues!   Some great and others  not so good!

My friends in Springfield are just recovering from a virus that is going around in Central Illinois!   Very contagious, fevers, cold symptoms, body aches, abdominal upset. Coughing, not type a or b flu, not rsv and not covid.
 Lasts 5 to 10 days.   Hope Lani and Mike are not coming down with this nasty thing.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1637 on: February 18, 2024, 11:43:18 AM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, Thank you for RRP update of DN dad seeing their new egglet for the first time.... "crowded pond" spring is coming in today's nature vid...

Clynn, Great pic of the Kids at the car show. Talon and Bella are becoming well-traveled munchkins!  :-* .... we're feeling better today. Thanks.... goodness, there are people walking over that bridge too.  :o .... what a great idea to planting spring bulbs in a tree stump!  ;D

Kb, your post is so true. I don't know how many times Mike and I have said "how much change there has been in our life" to date. And at times my face reflects that Cheetah cub's look of astonishment!  ;D ... angel and blue line  :'( .... take care on your walk with Ollie today.

Tsk, yes, we both feel more rested today.

Lisa yes, we feel better... How's Miss Fischer's favorite fan doing today?  ;D

Tig, Dear Lord, not again  :'( ... prayers sent.  :'(

Karen, yes, we feel better. I have a bit more energy today. Thanks... you take care too.  :-*

Royal Albatross - 2/18
A little tidy up around the webcam, thank you Sharyn, and skycall greetings for LGL. (Now, you can see both chicks, and they will see each other when parents are gone  :-* )

Top Flat nest - LGL hears TF chick's little yaps and makes her way over to LGK. Time move LGK!

Top Flat Track nest ~ BOK swapped with WYL last night & both chicks have been fed this morning.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1759046552423993557

Grass and cam maintenance with an audience front and back. Thanks Sharyn.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 11:45:24 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1638 on: February 18, 2024, 11:44:26 AM »

Gosh!
That's what I get for reading too fast !
Lani sure hope you and Mike are feeling better this morning. And, your ills are nothing worse
than the common cold.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1639 on: February 18, 2024, 12:00:22 PM »

It appears the one news outlet misspoke about the 3rd officer, at least at this time.
Recent post from CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/18/us/burnsville-minnesota-officers-shooting/index.html

Just an FYI to amend earlier. I won't dwell on it here.

HAGD all

I will concentrate on the good news in our church family today and watch the sun on the birdies at our feeders and count our blessings, which include good friends here. Peace.
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1640 on: February 18, 2024, 12:12:38 PM »

TIG    That is just awful about the officers and paramedic.  They woke up that morning and never gave it a thought they would never be home again.  So tragic.  In my prayers, of course.  :'( :'(

KB    Love that angel... :'(

KB   Turkey good and will repeat tonight with different sides.  Had enough to freeze for another meal down the road.   So many of those strange unidentified viruses going around.  Many involving coughing.

LANI    I hope you never run out of these "pontifical" pets.   Hysterical   ;D ;D ;D   So nice those chicks will have each other when parents are off nest...Good to hear you are both rested for today.

LISA  Speaking of Miss Fisher is any one watching the Modern Miss Fisher on PBS Sunday nights?  ( here anyway)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1641 on: February 18, 2024, 12:14:45 PM »

2 officers killed and 1 paramedic killed.....several more officers are at Level 1 Trauma Centers.

Suspect killed himself.

Let's hope and pray they recover.

Ollie and I attempted our walk but returned home after just a few blocks. I was wearing tennis shoes but shocked how much ice there was on the road down our first hill turn.

Walked back past my house to check out another block: Nope too much ice, even with yaktrax on.

Will wait for more melting tomorrow hopefully.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 12:19:01 PM by kbshcb »

Phyl

« Reply #1642 on: February 18, 2024, 12:48:05 PM »

Tig / KB thank you for sharing as I've not had the news on yet today.
Tragic about the two officers and paramedic.
And, thanks for the update on 3rd officer ---praying he/she with the
others injured recover.

One can bet that 'thin blue line'
American flag will fly high and long.

There's a lot I could say---suffice to say this grieves me deeply.
Of course, will add to personal prayer lists.

Grieving angel-indeed

#Istandwith Evan

kbshcb

« Reply #1643 on: February 18, 2024, 01:00:16 PM »

Tig:

Our first responders have lined our highway over passes: Crosstown Highway 62 at Penn ave and Xerxes. Where I live.
I read many more.

And: live procession formed in downtown Minneapolis.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/heavy-law-enforcement-response-in-burnsville-for-sunday-morning-incident/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 01:05:49 PM by kbshcb »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1644 on: February 18, 2024, 01:07:28 PM »

KB - ch. 9 TV, and probably streaming, has live coverage... prolly until 1:30, due to NASCAR

kbshcb

« Reply #1645 on: February 18, 2024, 01:12:26 PM »

KB - ch. 9 TV, and probably streaming, has live coverage... prolly until 1:30, due to NASCAR

The paramedic who died was trying to save the police officer's life..

I can hear the helicopters over head now.

The procession is heading down highway 62 towards Minnetonka Medical Examiner now.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 01:29:21 PM by kbshcb »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1646 on: February 18, 2024, 01:35:29 PM »

Oic... The Daytona 500 was postponed to tomorrow. Sorry, I just found out. FYI to anyone who read my earlier post.
TTFN

Phyl

« Reply #1647 on: February 18, 2024, 01:38:17 PM »

T-40 ?

Tsk  No. Not watching Modern Miss Fisher on PBS Sunday nights. I'm waiting for April PBS show---'Mr. Bates vs the Post Office' premiering 4/6/24.

CLynn  luv the tulips this AM; Jim takes  Atorvastatin and a host of 'other stuff'  mostly for his heart; Erin, Sydney and Munchkins look so happy-always.  ;) Tks for sharing 

KB great poem and luv the snow leopard close-up from trail cam; one thing in life ---change is a  certain; tks for the 'Twin Cities' suburb shooting update

Lisa/Tsk I missed /wondering about T40 yesterday, too. Hope all is well there.

Karen how ya doing today? Of have I missed a post?

Lani thanks for  Royal Albie update and snaps---tks for Twitter short. My... do they still make that style of lawn clippers  :o

#Istandwith Evan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1648 on: February 18, 2024, 01:48:34 PM »

Um. Sorry to be off topic folks. For those that don't know... my Bro was St. Paul PD for decades, my Dad was a security guard and I was a security officer with the State Patrol at our state capitol and I stood honor for a local officer years ago.
Sigh.
Thank you for understanding
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 02:01:40 PM by camperstig »

Puff

« Reply #1649 on: February 18, 2024, 02:25:12 PM »

KB Fox News broke into sched this morning just as things were happening.  Seems to me it must be 10 - 15 minutes from you?  Bless all personnel that came to the call.  Bless too the impacted families.  So Sad

P