Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 315793 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2024, 09:18:05 AM »

CLYNN   "She's been deviled"  LOL      Suburbs in Denmark  Unique..

KB  Glad the mailman is OK.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2024, 09:47:51 AM »

tsk - Jimmy, Answer me, please!  ;D ;D  Thanks for the tunes!

clynn - Thanks for the prayers for Mama's upcoming surgery, and continued ones for you!  Have you regained any vision in your eye?  What a cool suburb.  Cute pic of E23!

kb - Glad to hear that the mailman is not hurt too bad.  I am sure he will be sore for a while. 

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2024, 11:35:41 AM »

📺 SLOTH TV

🦥Sloth Preschool Update:

Moose, two-fingered sloth:
Just hit 663 grams and out of the incubator! We are currently transitioning him to a smoothie diet.

Mimi, two-fingered sloth: Recovering well from her hand amputation surgery. Still spending nights in the incubator but nearing 500 grams. We are closely monitoring her progress.

Grover, two-fingered sloth: The wound on his leg is completely healed and he is stable. He is at 656 grams, so we have moved him out of the incubator and are transitioning him onto a smoothie diet.

Binx, two-fingered sloth: Still stable. Eating well and gaining weight; currently at 736 grams.

Elmo, two-fingered sloth: He seems to have recovered from anemia, so we have suspended iron treatments. Still being monitored closely but gaining weight—currently at 738 grams.

NEW ARRIVAL Fergus, three-fingered sloth: Abandoned by his mom after falling from a tree. Showing signs of head trauma. He has been gaining weight since his arrival—currently at 900 grams. Seems stable, but we are closely monitoring him. He has been getting time on the Sloth Playground to practice his climbing skills.

🌳Sloth Elementary Update:

Ken, two-fingered sloth:
Officially over 1 kilogram! He has been moved to Sloth Elementary for the next stage of his rehabilitation process. See him on the Playground Camera!

Phoenix, two-fingered sloth: Slightly underweight for his age, but stable. We are keeping a close eye on his leaf intake and making sure he gets enough smoothie.

Roo, two-fingered sloth: He is growing fast at 1.3 kilograms and has been spending more time on the Sloth Playground. He is eating more leaves and is almost fully weaned off smoothie!

🎓Sloth University Update:

Coco, two-fingered sloth:
Currently in one of our largest sloth pre-release enclosures, eating well and likely the next to be released.

Pax, two-fingered sloth: Pax was recently moved to one of our largest sloth pre-release enclosures. He is growing fast!

Myrtle & Spike, two-fingered sloths: Neck and neck in weight, competing to see who will be next to go to the pre-release enclosure. We are getting ready for them to graduate to the next stage!

Liana, two-fingered sloth: Liana has encountered a bump on her road to release and was transferred back to HQ for a period while she is being treated for severe anemia. We are working hard to get her healthy again, but she has a reserved prognosis at this time.

Antonio, two-fingered sloth: Our smallest graduate, but working hard to catch up to the others. He is stable and growing well.

A friendly reminder: We are a critical care facility - Even though you do not see this on camera, the animals are under 24/7 vet care.

Giselle is feeding baby Nazli!! 🥰

NEW ARRIVAL Fergus, three-fingered sloth: Abandoned by his mom after falling from a tree. Showing signs of head trauma. He has been gaining weight since his arrival—currently at 900 grams. Seems stable, but we are closely monitoring him. He has been getting time on the Sloth Playground to practice his climbing skills.

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

A busy last day with Aly, no TGIF dancing for me  :(.
She's rented a trailer to take the last pieces of her furniture that we took off the moving van last June, because of the last minute overcharging by moving company. 
I'm giving her some of my Fall Lenox and antique dishware of her late great grandparents that she loves. We're packing that up, along with a few of my MIL crystal wine glasses we're no longer using. She wants all the muppet/Smurf glassware (20) I collected from the many McDonald's Happy meals years ago.  They're in mint condition, washed by hand. I never put them in the dishwasher. We haven't used them since the kids left home. ;D

Have a lovely Friday and see you all tonight!  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2024, 01:48:03 PM »

bounce

Hmmm... getting a stye... luckily on lower lid. I washed it last night and it feels better today.

Camper's Sister, husband, (child?) invited themselves over this afternoon to finally exchange Christmas presents. Hopefully Camper will get to see his nephew.

Some of us need some hugs today

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2024, 02:53:56 PM »

Lisa  I'll take that cuppa cocoa; Jim will take my Kia to dealership after he gets off this afternoon for a software update regarding the 'anti-theft' device .  LOL  good description of your backyard wildlife 'interlopers'.

CLynn my nose is still on my face is all I can say until next Wednesday's appt w/ ENT.  :(  Tks for Sue's snap of  little E23 or Eve as Debbie named her.  Suburbs in Denmark look efficient parking wise
I've been out in the garage busting up Amazon and other shipment boxes,  scoring off mailing lables and what -not and what-all for Jim. Just wore  a History.com tee shirt 'neath a sweatshirt--- suffice to say it was cold.  ;D

Bazi ditto how's the fridge? Got it all stocked?  IMHO not much more depressing than empty fridge and bare pantry.

All on the Eastern coast heard snow in your forecast wishing you plenty of warmth.

KB  pretty snap of  Indian peafowl couple. So happy to hear your 'mail man'  will be 'okay'. As one who has slipped on ice and landed on her back...I felt that for this person .

{{Lani}} always a sad day when visiting dear ones leave to return to their home.  I remember reading about the overcharge by her movers. Sounds like Aly has  lots of family 'treasures' to take home with her...she'll do  a better job of transporting than the movers would have.  ;)

{{Tig}} sure hope you feel better, soon. Here's to Camper getting to visit w/ his nephew.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 03:30:50 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2024, 02:56:34 PM »

LANI    Aww  poor Mimi.  Wonder how she will manage with only 1 hand?  Guess they will see.  Sweet little Fergus. :P
 Aly has hit the jackpot!  It is so wonderful to see the next generation even want the parents "stuff"  Am sure she will treasure it learning from her Mom.

(((((TIG  CAMPER)))))   
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2024, 03:03:45 PM »

NATIONAL BIRD DAY TIMELINE
https://nationaltoday.com/national-bird-day/

"Birds have always held special place in our hearts, which is why we celebrate them on National Bird Day every January 5! While birds are amazing, they’re also a massive animal group under particular threat. And the phrase “canary in the coal mine” was named after birds for a reason—they’re the barometers of our planet’s environmental health. The fact that so many bird species are under threat thanks to the illegal pet trade, disease, and habitat loss means it’s more important than ever to raise public awareness of the needs of birds. The survival of hundreds of species depends on it.

Whether they’re your backyard’s star cardinal or the common pigeons that flock to and fro in the park, birds have always held a spot of fascination, love, and adoration in our hearts. There’s a certain awe that can only be tapped into when watching an eagle soar. Unfortunately, most birds are either endangered or protected, this is mostly due to habitat loss or illegal pet trade.

That’s why the Avian Welfare Coalition created National Bird Day: to raise awareness of the hardships and plights of these important animals and how we can initiate the change needed to create a healthier, more sustainable relationship with them.

Birds are often considered living links to the past, being the closest-related animals to the evolution of dinosaurs. They’re often keystone species in the ecosystems, signifiers of its health and vitality. For example, the holes left behind by woodpeckers are often used as homes for a large variety of other animals. That means if woodpeckers were to run out of a food source – or out of the right kinds of trees – so, too, would all the animals dependent on their pecking skills.

While National Bird Day may be relatively new, having been founded in 2002, the adversity that birds have had to face is nothing novel to the animal kingdom. Just ask the Dodo, the Labrador Duck, or the Passenger Pigeon, considered sacred by many Native American tribes and often the subject of many works of American art until its demise."

BIRDS BY THE NUMBERS
10,000 — the estimated number of species of birds.

2¼  inches — the length of the smallest bird on Earth.

1 — the number of eyes that ducks keep open when they sleep.

50 — the number of words most parrots can learn.

43 mph — the maximum running speed of an Ostrich.

20% — the percentage of bird species that migrate long distances each year.

100 — the minimum number of words that African gray parrots can learn.

50,000 — the number of acorns that woodpeckers are known to hoard.

More National Bird Day Facts

https://nationaltoday.com/national-bird-day/

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2024, 03:06:00 PM »

These are the coolest space missions in 2024
Missions to the moon, Mars, Jupiter and more.
https://www.livescience.com/space/space-exploration/missions-to-the-moon-mars-jupiter-and-more-these-are-the-coolest-space-missions-in-2024?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=0922BF87-6034-44BE-8435-C394F02019AF&utm_source=SmartBrief

Number 7 on the list is Europa Clipper,  this is the project I was talking about last year in my December 18, 2023 post about NASA's Virtual Guest   Program and launching “Message in a Bottle” campaign.  Where each signee has their name etched on the   clipper's many, many , many microchips.

https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2813.12300   Scroll to: « Reply #12310 on: 18 December 2023, 06:30:44 »

Rather than directly orbit Europa itself, the spacecraft will enter an orbit around Jupiter in 2030 such that it would spend much of the time out of the gas giant's intense radiation and intermittently fly by Europa for observations of its ocean structure and chemical makeup.

#Istandwith Evan

LisaG1967

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2024, 03:23:03 PM »

((Lani)) - Thanks so much for the update at TRR!  Aww, Fergus and Mimi!  Aly sounds like she is leaving with alot of good stuff!  I have some Burger King Collectibles from back in the 90's, but Bradley used them, and they are worn. 

tig - I sure hope that stye feels better soon.  They are no fun.  ((HUGS)) for whoever needs one!

Phyl - Good deal on Jim taking your car for the recall on anti-theft.  I got notice on my Honda app about a recall on my Pilot, but when I got my new tires last week they told me I had to wait to get an actual paper copy of the recall, as they were sending them out when the parts were on hand.  Mine has something to do with the fuel pump. 

I wish the weatherman would make up his mind on how much snow and rain we are getting this weekend.  Every time I listen to the news it has changed.

Phyl

« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2024, 03:27:56 PM »

Cane Ridge Bluebirds in December 2023

This is Dad #2 or offspring Cane Ridge #49 . Luckyto catch him on December 30th at 2:25 pm

#Istandwith Evan

karengramke

« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2024, 05:13:38 PM »

Phyl!  You and Picasso both have a Blue Period!  Will  read the article on birds later today!   Thanks and Tgif to all!

Lani, glad Aly is taking a bit of family history to Oregon, so nice she is interested!  You all are going to miss her and you will worry until she gets there!
Thanks for the ra report and the sloth report!  Enjoyable.

Hope Baz is not locked 🔏 in the new fridge!

Clynn, the Denmark suburbs are interesting in that there are no walkways  from the parking area to the houses!
Love the egg jokes!  Think you and tsk each posted one?    How are tge kitties?   Like the two little ones with  signs.
I guess Aunt June has been going to the doc and has had a covid test,  thar
T cough was Mickey’s symptom!   Medication stopped it in a few days.
Oooh, Eve  is so cute!  Thanks for. Posring?

Eagles, sorry. About your mother’s fall!   Has she
Has been to doc to  see what she should do to get rid of the pain?   Hugs

Ia am surprised MN has walking mail personnel!  Since I left Chicago every place I have lives had street  side mail  boxes or a postman drove to  the address and walked ti the house!

Had to send the help to
The doctor today with high blood pressure,  she called me and said he increased the dosage of the med she is on and told her to lose weight and exercise!  Told her that is what he would say?  Lol

Temp today 33 to 66.  Tomorrow a high of 71;with rain.   Sunday back to highs in the 50s.
Seds

« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 06:37:53 PM by karengramke »

Puff

« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2024, 06:02:01 PM »

Thanks LB  Took a while but mission accomplished.

Happy New Year for sure on their end and on mine.

P
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 06:06:50 PM by Puff »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2024, 06:03:25 PM »

BAZI   Where are you?  Maybe out stocking your frig?

PHYL   Thanks for that interesting piece on National Bird Day.   WOW  there will certainly be a lot of space news in 2024.
As I've said before you are very lucky to have bluebirds.  I would love for those cute little birds to roam my yard.

LISA  Speaking of cars - I got an e-mail today that the StarLink system on my Subaru has a software update for me to install  :o :o :o   When I have a block of time I'll load the instructions and sit with my phone in the car in the driveway and see if I can do it.  sigh.

KAREN    LOLOL   I thought the same thing and hoped Baz didn't get locked in   ;D ;D ;D
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2024, 06:21:38 PM »

There have been some snow machines revived here about.

We had to dust the snow machines off with major compressed air.   :(

We shall see if there's anything white worthy of the machines to ply   ..   :-\

https://www.weather.gov/aly/winter&sa=D&ust=1543954865297000
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 09:07:09 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2024, 06:42:18 PM »

Bl, stay safe and warm!

Lisa, when to you leave for Mobile?   Your mother willdo fine with her durgery as she has a great attitude!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 394   Go Up