Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 593164 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2024, 11:11:51 AM »

Royal Albatross

Top Flat Track Update WYL & BOK (lower nest in grass. BOK female has been gone 13 days. WYL did not leave nest for hydration or any food. Rangers were worried something happened to BOK.

Mind your ears ~ skycalls all round last evening (and big sighs of relief) as BOK walked past the #Royalcam to relieve WYL of nest duties. 
Their egg will be swapped with the dummy egg sometime today. The egg has been taken to the incubator for safe keeping in case of desertion by WYL.

Update posted 5 hours ago:  The Ranger came by this morning to confirm BOK was in at the TFT nest, and then came back in the afternoon to return her egg and take the dummy egg away.  WYL & BOK's egg will be candled later.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1742667676198281712

BOK female on the right, WYL male sitting on nest

2/28
Sharyn candled LGL & LGK's 51 days egg today and this is what she saw:
~The air cell is nice and clear and the bulk of the egg is dark showing that the embryo is alive and growing~

https://twitter.com/i/status/1740237765030330561

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2024, 02:28:04 PM »

Lavin Mansukhani
5 hours ago
  ·
Guess even the nocturnal VIPs prefer OWLGUY's ride services!
FYI This is my car and these are my actual plates. What an epic way to start the new year! I couldn't have asked for a better perch. No one enticed the owl to land on the car; it did so spontaneously. Around 20 onlookers observed the owl flying from a nearby tree to perch on the car. Some bystanders captured pictures from different angles, providing additional perspectives of the incident. If you were one of them, please share the picture in the comments or feel free to reach out to me directly.

This guy posts pics often from MN.....so cute.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2024, 03:02:36 PM »

KAREN   You are chilly in your neck of the woods today.  34 here but really sunny  - for the first time in a great many days.

PUFF   So cool about your Dad working above the 95th on the Handcock tower.  Boy, you need to find some of those old pics.  Glad to hear you have recovered from that terrible cough going around.  Smart to change your appts.  When Tim was in the ER/hospital mid Nov - All staff were wearing masks. Think it only appropriate for what walks in and out of there.  :o   Many at my grocery store/church are wearing as well.

LISA   In one way that is a good sign from Mom that she can't sit still.  She'll recover much faster  LOL

KB   Glad that ellie story has a good ending - sweet photo.  :-*   Comcast just dropped FETV where I could find old TV programs   Perry Mason, Matlock, etc.. :P    OWL guy   LOLOL

LANI  BOK needs a smart watch  LOLOL

Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2024, 03:49:22 PM »

Been meaning to mention Dan  Ackroyd has two shows streaming on FOX Nation, "The Unbelievable' and 'History of the World in Six Glasses' with his old SNL alumni.

From left: Jim Belushi, Kevin Nealon, Dan Aykroyd, George Wendt and Jon Lovitz

CLynn  cute pictures of Bella and Kelsey with kitties;  enjoyed vintage photos,    Swfl nest photo M15 and E24.

Tsk you're lucky w/temps. I was  wanting  something  'blue'  for today. The Urgent Care Clinic are staffed with NPs . Jim doesn't have a fever/temp. I suspect this is chronic lung issue. He called  mid last month for appt and his doc was so booked up that the Jan 11th was soonest for him.

Karen his PCP would have suggested CoVid test---they didn't this time. His other symptoms may have negated that. He has been taking what PCP suggested over the phone. Jim has my car nowadays so he's best to run errands on his way home

Puff timing is everything  even with outer space. LOL Too bad missing out---same for me. Heard about the Iowa shootings  On this morning's  FNC Happening Now segment.  :'(
Interesting about you dad and the Hancock Bldg---vintage photos would be cool.

KB  all the best w/your new cable provider... would luv to be able to pick what we want  re: channels.  Sweet elephant story/snap. LOL the owl has his own set of wheels

Lani tks for updates  on Royal Albies---got it, BOK-is girl  and  WYL-is boy   ;D

« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 05:19:09 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2024, 03:56:47 PM »

tsk - Mama reminds me of you, one that keeps busy! 

kb - Love the ellie story, and so glad it had a good ending.  How cool is that, an owl lands on your car!

Lani - Thank you for the Royal update!

tig :D

Puff - So sad about those school shootings. 

Phyl

« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2024, 05:27:26 PM »

and SEDs everyone.

Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2024, 06:53:59 PM »

PHYL    Tried the "Unbelievable" and first episode too gruesome for me so turned it off.  Have not been back.  Did not know about " Six Glasses"   Tim and I say that all the time - " wish we could pick out all the channels that we like and get rid of all the rest."   

LISA   Not only that the owl landed on his car but that so many got to take pics of it  LOL
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2024, 10:04:53 PM »

Lani - Everytime I think I am clicking onto the Decorah Lounge - I find I am not and need to correct myself!  This is such a sad time for Aly and the Clients who adore and trust her!!  I know you & Aly are having great quality time together!! :-*  Good for you in keeping your tree up for a while longer.  So nice that you enjoy your Christmas dishes for a while during the holidays. ;D :-*

Clynn - Love your retro 'Kids will never understand'  I can tell you that I identify with that picture, although, when my Dad was home from work in the evenings, I could only talk for 10 minutes, as he said that someone else might be trying to call us for something important!!   Love the pictures of Kelsey and Bella each with a kitten!!   OMG- the 3 year old smoking a cigar  :o   Love SWFL - I had the live cam up for a while today!

Phyl - Oh my gosh, I am so sad that Jim has not been well.  Maybe he would feel a little in the evening with a 'hot toddy'.  Hot Toddy:  hot cup of tea - a little bit of honey, a squeeze of lemon and a splash of Brandy.   He definitely needs to get well before he resumes looking for a car!  I pray that he feels better soon.
The retro sign of the dial phone! Wow!

Hi Tsk!

Karen - I remember my Mom having a telephone 'party line'.  When she would pick up the receiver and someone was having a conversation, she would click the hang-up bar a few times to let them know she wanted to make a call!! :-[ ::) :o

Puff - Hope your cough gets better soon!!  Awe, the story of your Dad - he had an amazing job.  Your first husband had a rough job too!

LisaG - Good for your Mom in looking ahead to see when she can drive following the procedure! My Mom is hangin' in.  She fell in October in her bathroom and has been having pain in her knee ever since, so went to the doctor yesterday.  Thank you for asking!

Hi Tig!

Kb - Such a precious picture of mama elephant and baby  :-* :-*

Beakers have a nice, safe, warm evening.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2024, 11:46:18 PM »

Clynn, sweet pics of Miss Bella and Kelsey with the kittens ... 3 year old cigar smoking Robert Quigley could have been one of the Our Gang! LOL! ... sweet pic of SWFL dad with E24.

Phyl, sorry to hear Jim's been ill, is there an Urgent Care he could walk in for treatment? I just read your post to Tsk.... sending prayers for you both, and Miss Maggie.... love the black wolf in Brandenberg classic nature video. I remember several videos of the Black Wolf. I could never tire seeing them. Thanks for posting the best stargazing events for 2024.... Interesting facts of the dial phone.... Five Comedians walk into a Bar  ;D

Karen, I think I've seen your Winter greetings dishes with the Cardinals,it a beautiful set...

Tsk, love the egg daisy and yes, BOK needs a smartwatch. I wonder what delayed her, though they do say this is her first egg. She had a devoted mate to stay on that egg 13 days.

{{{Puff}}} glad you feeling a bit better.... masks are being worn in our medical facilities.... ugh, another school shootings  :'(

Lisa, Happy to hear Miss Fisher's greatest fan is doing fine and planning for quick recovery. I pray all goes well for her  :-* ... awww, only one Pepe, I wonder where the family went.

Kb, awww wonderful story and photo of Mama and baby ellies reunited.... gorgeous Great Grey Owl on OWLGUY's car! Cool story!  ;D

Eagles, I'm sorry to hear of your mother's fall. OUCH! Sending gentle hugs and Prayers for healing and comfort. She's had such a time, bless her.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Eagle's mom, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2024, 06:08:04 AM »

Happy TGIF Everyone !

Currently 26F     High  50F   Low 26F 

Lisa Glad to hear your Mom is doing fine, planning for quick recovery. Sending prayers

Eagles so sorry about your {{mom's}} fall , sending prayers

Tsk egg daisy is unique,  I've seen this done with cling peach halves too.

Puff   it's about 50/ 50 masking in health care, here

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2024, 06:12:15 AM »

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-01-05-beach-game
https://www.nature365.tv/

Sandpipers:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandpiper

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2024, 06:57:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I.F.!!!

tsk - All those people, in the right place at the right time taking pics of the owl.  :D

E4E - Oh, I didn't realize your Mom fell and hurt her knee.  I hope it is nothing too serious. Gentle hugs for her!

Lani - I love that good night pic. It seems Pepe' and his family comes in spurts.  We still get plenty of different cats that come, as well as a pair of raccoons.  It's a jungle out there. ;D

Phyl - Thank you for the prayers for Mama, and her surgery.  Thanks for the 365. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 07:04:54 AM by LisaG1967 »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2024, 07:25:19 AM »

HI EVERYONE

EAGLES   When we were young kids and had terrible colds, Dad would make us a hot toddy just like that right before bed.  I'm sure the "splash" of Brandy was less than a teaspoon but we were out like a light.  LOLOL

LISA   I can see a foam moustache from the first sip of your AM cocoa.  ;D ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=its+a+jungle+out+there&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS855US855&oq=its+a+jungle+out+there&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIJCAEQLhgKGIAEMgwIAhAAGBQYhwIYgAQyDAgDEAAYFBiHAhiABDIJCAQQABgKGIAEMgkIBRAuGAoYgAQyCQgGEAAYChiABDIJCAcQABgKGIAEMgkICBAAGAoYgATSAQg0MzUwajBqNKgCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2024, 08:03:25 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, love your morning pic, imagine the first sip of that cocoa! Yum!  LOLOL, it's a jungle out there! Also prayers for your Mom coming from here! She will be so fine in time for her Miss Fisher convention!

Phyl, I could watch those Sandpipers in the 365 for a good while, it's mesmerising...  Prayers for Jim to get over whatever it is. My Aunt June sounds like she has the same, a lingering cold/cough or whatever that just won't go away yet... How is your nose feeling? Still

Lani, thanks for the Alby update, so relieved to hear that BOK returned safe and sound! Have a wonderful day with Aly and Dewey and Mike, and of course Sadie, Norman and Milo! Love the peaceful good night pic...

tsk, a Poached Egg Daisy! Oh, the chick talking to the fried egg!!

E4E, hope your Mom's knee issue gets taken care of! Falling in the bathroom...nothing soft to fall on. Ouch! I remember telephone party lines, especially my Grandparent's phone in the 50's. One of those big wooden ones on the wall. Her ring was 2 longs and a short. Neighbors all listened in on each other when they wanted to know what was going on, I think there were 12 on the line. And I know we had a 2-party line in the 60's when we lived in AZ.

baz, how is the new fridge? Have you gone grocery shopping yet?

kb, love the OWLGUY and his mascot! Thanks for the ellie story, they look to sweet...

Puff, only two masks have I seen in the clinic where I have been 3 times this past week. One was the PA I saw, the other was a guy in the Lab. I suspect that we will see more in the after the holidays surge...

Sue Bruhling - I couldn't resist sharing this picture of little E23 or Eve, Debbie has named her Eve since she hatched on New Years Eve and I Love it! ❤ 
Especially because we get a really good look at her little foot and talons! ❤ Not to leave out her little crop she has going on! LolLolLol! 😉 Priceless... ❤ Southwest Florida Eagles - January 3, 2024

Can't remember if I posted this before, Suburbs in Denmark.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2024, 08:32:10 AM »

John Steitz also heads to great grey owl territory and in fact met up with Lavin "the owl guy" of my previous pic...above pic is from John. Luckily they both post pics often.

Yah!....partly cloudy today not solidly cloudy, LOL...it's been very gloomy for quite awhile.
Mailman and I spoke yesterday. He's okay he said as he landed only on his keester and didn't hit his head. Only his pride was hurt he said but still angry as unnecessary to still have icy roads.

Lani - love your goodnight pic and it had me going down a rabbit hole thinking of chimneys, LOL

A few days ago when walking I saw maybe? 50 percent of homes with fireplaces. I don't have one and my immediate thought was I'm grateful to not have that maintenance chore as so many on my city fb page are looking for help/chimney sweeps/change overs to gas etc. etc. and masony fixes. I'm sure those who have working ones love them.

Then I thought about the 1957 home I grew up in. A typical rambler without a fireplace nor a built out basement as we bought as a new build in the development.

Of course over time everything was added including the built out basement. Included: a "pretend fireplace" It was beautiful though. Two walls of light colored brick with an alcove over one wall with uplights that were red. Other wall a brick electric fireplace. Also a bar and a desk wall with cupboards etc.

I remember how long it took for our Norwegian master craftsman to build it all out and that he drank vodka from the morning till night but did a solid job.

I went to google maps and looked at the current rendition of my home. Would love to knock on the door and ask if that basement was still there...

okay, enough about fireplaces.....teehee

a romantic Indian peafowl couple

Later....walking with Ollie man