Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 326229 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2024, 11:02:03 PM »

Clynn - Just read what you told Tsk and I too had wondered if that was one of your kittys, and you just said it was a past picture of Honey!  Good plan to introduce the kittens to Harley gradually!  Nice picture taken by Kelsey's helper. :)   Love the fantastic pictures; Eiffel tower and Elvis!!

Lani - Awe, I'm sure Aly's patients will miss her so much.  That is so nice of her to offer that they can call her. :)

LisaG - How is your Mama doing?  I know you will be seeing her toward the end of January and I wish her all the best.

Phyl - Is Jim having any luck with searching for a car?  I know its not easy to find exactly what you are looking for!

BL - Amazing history! :o ::)

Hi Puff!

Tsk  :)

Kb - Hope your mail carrier is back on the job soon. :)

Og - Thank you for the links!

Karen - It is kind of sad to put the Christmas decorations away.  But, I bet Piper is happy things are back to 'normal'! ;)

Hi Tig!

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2024, 11:58:21 PM »

Eagles, Our Christmas tree will be up for a couple more weeks or so.  ;D. I'm slowly putting some things away. We will continue to use the Christmas dishes for awhile too. I change the kitchen cupboards in November to Christmas dishes/glassware/cups only, and then change it back in late January.... It's suppose to snow tonight. And it's been that kind of a cold day that makes you feel, "I think it's going to snow."  ;D. I love snow in my birthday month!  8) .. good rain for you!

Clynn, very interesting about the different points of a Siamese. I looked up a Siamese Snowshoe, they say they are rare.... They are beautiful sweethearts and you can see they are bonded.... Mike and Shannon are doing well.... love the Coneheads!! Roseanne Roseannadanna!!! LOL!! ... Elvis inherited his mother's eyes and intenseness... YIKES! workers on the Eiffel Tower.  :o

Phyl, The monkey reflects my confusion when I clicked to enter the Beak and ended up in the Decorah thread... funny dog shames, Love the 3rd one! What big smile from the bacon lover!  ;D

BL ... mooning over NY! LOL!! Great pics, cool one of those brave men is your uncle....  interesting story on Peter B Kaplan.

Oldguy, thanks for the forum bookmarks.

Kb, poor dog, I bet the owners were in shock when he fell over the cliff.  :'( The rescuers did an amazing job! Heroes for sure! I looked to see if the dog is okay, a few scratches/bruises but seems okay... I hope your mailman is okay.

Lisa, glad to read you still have your nature cam... Have you seen Pepe and family lately?

Karen, glad to read you were a bit confused too. I miss Aly already.  :(.

Tsk, lots of tears for both Aly and Clients. These clients have gone through the drug and court programs, hard life, some from the Apache Reservation too.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2024, 05:59:57 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, glad to hear things are going well, not a given when you get to be a senior! The kids stopped by last evening, got a couple of pics:

E4E, that pic of the Eiffel Tower was from an article '50+ Must See Moments in History'. Here is another one from the article:
Three-year-old Robert Quigley smoking a cigar, 1928. Photo by Henry Miller  LOLOL!

BL, thanks for pointing out your Uncle Ron, the Sage... You certainly have adventurism in your blood!

SWFL, M15 and E24

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2024, 06:09:31 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...  

Currently 31F  cloudy     High  41F sunny,  Low 28F 

Tsk not sure about the blue jay from yesterday AM post, but there are several using different species of song birds

Eagles  No Jim's not been  looking for a replacement--he's been very ill since Christmas w/ dreadful cough (sounds like train wreck in his chest ) it's a booger to get into a doc's office out this way as so many are very ill this season

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2024, 06:10:25 AM »

I grew up using a dial telephone, just like the very top most dial in sign.
Unoopler 1927 Here's How to Use a Dial Telephone Vintage Look Reproduction Metal Tin Sign

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2024, 06:13:23 AM »

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2024, 06:18:46 AM »

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2024, 07:14:12 AM »

HI EVERYONE

BL  That is some spectacular climbing country  :o

LANI   I have a friend who also changes plates glasses etc for the holiday season.  Lots of work and dedication and fun to enjoy.

CLYNN  The long phone cord on the kitchen wall.. ;) ;)  Last night's kitty pics are so sweet.  Bet Kelsey is over the moon.  Good screen clip at SWFL

PHYL   Am not as much in the mood for cocoa and mittens with our warmer weather and no snow.   :(   Have heard there is a terrible cough going around.  Is there a walk in clinic he could get into?   So funny about how to use a dial telephone.   Love the wolf series 365.  :)
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2024, 08:20:26 AM »

Good Morning!  Phyl, can you run to a store and get a  covid test for Jim?   Hopefully he is negative but if not he needs to get some meds quick!  My friend Mickey had a cough and was positive!  Just started on the drugs following a home test and tele visit with the MD.   Better safe than sorry!  Mickey had all the shots and says she was always masked up! Not fun!

Loved the old
phones!  My first was a no dial, operator kind on a party line!   You’ve come a long way, Ma Bell!  The picture of Elvis and all look like typical depression  era pictures, scrubbed and in their Sunday best.   About the right time!  Good pictures of the kitties and the kiddies!

Lani,  my Christmas dishes are calked Winter .greetings and Inuse them almost all winter!   They are bright and colorful and feature song birds on them!   My   Favorites are the .cardinals!
33 going to  58!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 09:47:19 AM by karengramke »

Puff

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2024, 08:22:07 AM »

Some makeup back postings. . .

Phyl  Nope, no meteors.  Woke about 3A, broken clouds were encouraging, gave up when it got too light. 

What I do remember Clynn is the routine of untangling that d*** cord.   Interesting fact about red/black numbers on the face of dial phones.  Never noticed.

I might do a semi modification on decoration routine E4E.  Timing seems to indicate snow and temp could be an issue if I wait until the 9th.  Remember too that I now have uninspired others who volunteer to help that I have to take into consideration.  I'll maybe have the outside things taken down and dropped into the garage - then I can put them in the storage boxes and in the out of the way places.  Once things are out of the elements it should be things I can finish up.  Did I mention?  I have an attached garage that years ago (40? years) I learned that the house stayed a lot warmer by mounting a heater.  Just enough to aid in the heating bill.  It also kept the slate entry floor from frosting up.  Yep, icy floors not good.  :-\

E4E I went through that cough/cold too.  Started just before Christmas, broke maybe Tuesday/Wednesday, now just coughing out congestion.  Three boxes of Puffs followed Puff whereever she went for too long a time.  Open last box up this morning.  I even had had 2 medical apppointments that I cancelled out of concern of spreading the problem.  Rescheduled for the 15th and 18th.

Seeing all those in high places gave me another flashback to my Dad.  I told y'all he was a welder/boilermaker who helped prepare the deck for the WWII aircraft carrier - Well, he also worked on the tower and antenna setup for the top of the Hancock building in Chgo loop.  Scary to think of - not talked about at the time.  Of course the "floors" of the Hancock were up to 95, he worked above that.  And of course, the Sears Tower ended up besting that.  But at the time, scary.  The sad thing is, just like the 1940-ish WWII pics, I wonder if those pics he took are still in existence somewhere.  My niece might have rescued them from her dad (my brother) when he passed away.  I'll have to try to remember to asked her.  My brother was also a welder/pipefitter.  There's also a history of them working on the nuclear power plants in the area.  Lots of protocol there, too.  Another who cares fact - my first husband also became boilermaker - I understand there was some settlement when he died early in his 60's.  Crazy things people do?

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2024, 08:32:09 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Off to a dental appointment, but wanted to say, Hello!

karen - LOL,  lil drummer girl!

BL - The Shawangunks look like a beautiful place to climb.

E4E - Mama is doing good.  She is already thinking about when she can drive after her surgery.  She called me yesterday, and said, I asked the nurse how long do I have to wait to drive and she said 2 weeks.  She hates sitting still.  How is your mom doing?

Lani - I always love the pics of your snow you post.  We have only seen one Pepe' on the cam lately.

clynn - Love the pics of Bella & Kelsey with the kitties, so sweet.  LOL, Robert Quigley smoking a cigar!  M15 loves his baby!

Phyl - I hope Jim can get into a doc to see what is going on with his cough.  Walking pneumonia maybe?  Thanks for the 365, and links to the stargazing events.  I was so hoping to see the meteor shower this morning, too cloudy tho.

tsk - Morning - love the egg!

Puff - Glad to hear that you are feeling a lil better from your cough and congestion.

Puff

« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2024, 08:38:46 AM »

Bulletin . . .

8 o'clock Chi news - One of local big hospitals now currently requiring masks!
I'll bet that spreads to other institutions, too.

P

Puff

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2024, 08:59:09 AM »

:-[

Perry High School, Iowa, shooting with injuries.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2024, 09:16:52 AM »

bounce

Yep... I still keep my distance from others while in the pool, etc.

Good posts all...  hugs

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2024, 09:39:25 AM »

Baby elephant re-uinited with mom and the rest of it's herd in India. Wildlife wardens re-united them after baby alone for 3 days before this pic...they are just napping here in this picture. Normally, a herd would NOT leave a baby but they did as they were moving through an area of human conflict so they chose to..Track how they did this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/03/elephant-calf-separated-from-herd-in-india-is-reunited-with-mother

Ah, I think I'm having an outa body experience!....LOL...we finally cut the tv cable cord or rather are going to on Monday. Instead all tv's hooked to you tube and an apple tv box...The remote for my tv is small and complex not unlike a small phone rather than tv remote.

New learning curve on the way.....ugg. What I don't do to save us 65 bucks a month. LOL..we have all tv shows we normally watch and then some through you tube plus others...
I might end up getting a little ornery after Monday with the final disconnect...
Though we'd been thinking about it for quite awhile, they did a bait and switch on us through an agent last week which crossed the tipping point. All past plans have now moved to a la cart.....they didn't tell us that and signed us up for the "new plan" losing 3 channels for the same price...that's it!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 398   Go Up