Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 308285 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2024, 10:19:18 AM »

Taking a break from bookshelf cleaning:  :)

KAREN   Dad's Mom lived to 96.  No falls for her either tho she did use a walker later on.  Played bridge with her doctor until months before she died. :o  Her husband my grandfather died at our home when they were visiting.  They had been watching football.  I think he was 68. He had a ruptured aorta...Mom's side not so good.  Dad with dementia/stroke and died in his 70s....Her mom loved with us for several years - was visiting her other dtr in the next suburb and died instantly of a massive stroke while there She was 88.  Ironic in our family, as we had a smaller colonial style home and was 2 story whereas Mom's sister had a huge ranch with extra bedrooms...Mom took her in lovingly.  TMI  ::)

Back to cleaning..Listening to Pandora playlist!!
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2024, 10:36:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....Happy Caturday!

We wanted to head out to the store early this morning before the weather got too bad. 

tsk - Good luck with your Subaru software update!  Beautiful eyes on your morning kitty.

karen - I am leaving on 1/21, and going to drive half way.  Will spend the night in Savannah, and drive the rest of the way. I am doing the same for the drive home on 1/28.  Long lives for your grandmothers.  I hope that will be me.   :D

Phyl - Your dinner sounds yummy! Very cool chair.  Thanks for the 365.  Hope Jim can get some relief from that coughing. 

E4E - Yikes on your Mom's fall.  I hope she can get some relief with the Tylenol Arthritis.

Lani - Bradley just sent me this pic of the first snowfall at their new house. 

Puff - Morning  :)

clynn - Mama is doing good, thanks for asking.  Aww, adorable pics of the kitties.  Has Harley met them yet?

kb - LOL, kitty in the pot looks very comfy. 

baz - I hope you are making out OK with new fridge.

kbshcb

« Reply #167 on: January 06, 2024, 11:00:12 AM »

Lisa - looks like Virginia is getting a fair amount of ice!...hope Jaspurr is okay.

Puff

« Reply #168 on: January 06, 2024, 11:04:30 AM »

Mornin' Lisa    Mornin' all

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2024, 11:53:57 AM »

some bounce
in-laws... can't choose 'em, on either side   :( 

Anyway. I planned some good food choices for me today and just went out to sweep the small amount of snow we got last evening (to get some exercise and fresh air) ... before the Amazon person and mail carrier got a chance to walk on it. I made it down the sidewalk and one path down the edge of the driveway and was headed toward the garbage/recycling containers when my one knee started to give out. A man walking past saw me struggling with the overturned broom as a support and asked if he could help. "Thanx! Just that small bin please" I was two feet from it. Made it back inside ok. Phew. I should fashion a cane carrier that can go over my shoulder ... maybe a strap from a convertable bag,,, so I can carry my cane on my back for when I need it? Hmmm...

TTFN
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 01:51:23 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #171 on: January 06, 2024, 02:52:14 PM »

T40 - Thanks for the videos, not quite finished but getting there.

tigin-laws... can't choose 'em, on either side, sadly, no you can't
How nice of the man walking by to help you out.

Sydney on her first snow day!   :D

karengramke

« Reply #172 on: January 06, 2024, 03:54:50 PM »

Lisa,so cute!  That baby’s little hands will be cold!
Beautiful day here!  Been out doing  chores like fertilizing potted plants and opening a blocked drainage hole, inside washing clothes,   sheet, comforter, etc!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #173 on: January 06, 2024, 04:50:03 PM »

Lisa, what a cute picture of Sydney! So sweet in her tiny snow suit! She is growing! I can see changes with every picture you post... She is feeling the snow with her hands, a new feeling! I am partial to dark haired babies, since I was the dark one and my two younger sisters are blonde...  ;D Mom's collection of the 3 of us, baby, High School graduation and at age 50. And then the three of us at Christmas 1962 in England. All with our new dolls!

karen, sounds like you are getting better every day! I am so glad you left that nursing home!

tig, thank goodness someone was around to help! My Mom uses a cane, she is always forgetting where she left it...  do take care...

tsk, haven't started my bookshelf cleaning yet...  so good for you, and ya know, you can take as many breaks as you want!  You are the boss!  ;D

kb, sounds kind of scary around your neighborhood, I don't think I could stay there...Is there any chance you could sell and move to a safer neighborhood? 

T40, great videos! Still watching...

baz, you must be busy doing something!  And oldguy too!

Beautiful Grindelwald Switzerland                                        French Alps

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2024, 05:44:17 PM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#Istandwith Evan

Phyl

« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2024, 05:47:49 PM »

Street Cat Bob in a blue/gray  hand  knitted scarf from an admirer.

CLynn the kitty dressed as poker player reminded me of OG on his Saturday nite poker games/pot luck. If possible can you make the snap of you and sisters in life stages enlarge? You're on the left-hand end?   Yes---cats are truly great joys in the world.  Ahhhh. Sam and Sophie   :-*     Zumon Lighthouse on the Brittany that took some building. Willie    :-* :-* :-*

KB   luv your Caturday kitty; glad it was a good walk---Oh no! A robbery while you and OllieMan were out---do take care keep OllieMan close.  I completely understand shy you stay in your neighborhood.
Re: Jimmy-baby, you know I do't recall steroid either w/his last 'bout. I think it was antibiotics and he did have some pneumonia. Don't think I mentioned the
Long Covid to Jim  or no. It's seems to just be 'fluid' that comes up. Personally, I think his bod's a mess. Jim's just been with his Doc about 2-3 years though. Too bad 'cuz the longer one's been with their doc the better. Prob is they all retire early in life or move up in medicine.

Tskl  I've not been out of the house since Jim's auto accident (first part of October '23) and he's taken over my Kia. It's usually after 4pm and that's too late for me to go anywhere.  Nieghbors are all gone during the day--talking about 14hrs. ;  So luv the blue, blue-eyed Siamese in your post.  WE got a good steady downpour last night . And a dreary day today.

Hi again Puff keep warm and well

Hi Karen

{{{Tsk}}}

Lisa cute Caturday; even cuter Snow Bunny with her mommie.  ;D  Hope they don't leave the snow too long on the deck---will ruin the wood, esp if untreated lumber.  Do you still 'chat' w/ Jaspurr and the kitty she adopted from Misty's litter?

Tig  good idea, you and me both;  'In-laws what-ya-gonna -do?  I'm lucky as we'r so far away from any one. But, then there's no help either.  :-\

t40 been a weird day here, will view later. I'm sure as always these a good ones.

CLynn awesome Grindelwald Switzerland    French Alps photos

Well guess I'm caught up for the day  ???

#Istandwith Evan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2024, 05:49:38 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

I have several days of posts to read to catch up! So it will take me a while.  ;)  It's been busy around here...
I did get my refrigerator on Wednesday, as scheduled. All went well with that. I now have fresh foods in my working refrigerated portion of my new fridge now! Yay! I have stuff in it like fresh veggies, juice, cheese, and eggs! I got to cook fresh eggs for Zippo and me for breakfast today!! That was the first time I could do that since last spring!! Zippo is as happy about it as I am!! LOL.

I didn't get my walk in on Wednesday or Thursday. But I walked 44 minutes yesterday, and 33 minutes today, after the rainy weather had cleared here, and the sun came out! about 3:45 this afternoon.

I hope all the Beakers are staying safe with all the different weather out and about!  :)  I will be reading and catching up on all the Beaker news here soon.  :)

Meanwhile, I just started reading in The Beak where I left off last, and came across this post, quoted below, by BL, where he said, "Bar none."  I couldn't help laughing at that because all I could think of was a funny card I got years ago from my sister, with the same sentiment, but different meaning, LOL! and it is one of my all-time favorites, so I have to share it here, in response to BL's post below.
  ;) ;D

I can only say that these are the most sober sane safety savvy soles that I have ever climbed with.

Bar none.

BL, LOL, per my note above your quoted post... A different kind of "Bar Nun."  ;) ;D

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 05:53:56 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2024, 05:51:27 PM »

Beakers, take care.  :)

In the words of The Terminator...

I'll be back!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2024, 05:58:50 PM »

Good Night Everyone...SEDs   

#Istandwith Evan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2024, 06:44:07 PM »

LISA    Bandit??  LOL   Bradley got a manageable amt for a first snowfall.  Awww  Sidney's first time in the snow  LOL

TIG  Many canes already have a wrist strap on them so you can let go of the cane and it won't fall - or in your case be there if needed.  Good idea.  Phew is right! Man in right place at right time.  ;)

https://www.amazon.com/BeneCane-Walking-Travel-Adjustable-Folding/dp/B0CBWKL2P8/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?crid=300BM2GEOP96X&keywords=cane%2Bwith%2Bwrist%2Bstrap&qid=1704587077&sprefix=cane%2Bwith%2Bwrist%2Bstrap%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-4-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

This is just an example of many you can find on Amazon or better yet your local Walgreens.

T40   Great piece about Julia Child and her shark repellent  :o  Lots of laughs in this bunch  thanks

CLYNN    Cool wall pics of the sisters.  You had long hair and a flip  :o :o   Sweet pic of you all and your dolls.   I did take breaks - tossed clothes from washer to dryer  LOL, checked the Beak, got the mail   ;) ;)  Grindelwald looks like something from a fairy tale story.

PHYL   Beautiful Ginger with the scarf.

BAZI    LOLOLOL  Nice play off BL's Bar Nun   SOOOO funny. ;D ;D      Good to see you !

Chicagoland