Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 544913 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1305 on: February 08, 2024, 10:46:29 AM »

The Coleman Oscar cooler is from 1981 ?

The car, mag wheels and tires look vintage to the era.    ;D
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1306 on: February 08, 2024, 10:51:32 AM »

OLDGUY   Thanks for info.   Iceland is in real trouble.  :(

PUFF   I like " just being"  ;D

CLYNN   Yes I agree what is missing are cell phones  LOLOL
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1307 on: February 08, 2024, 11:10:48 AM »

2/7
A wonderful display with a Blue, LKO & LWK putting their wings up

TF chick & TFT chick were fed today. TFT was also weighed. Their Moms are in, swapped with the Dads yesterday. (2/6)

Albie Party Time at Top Flat  ;D
https://twitter.com/i/status/1755195028807586082

Morning Beakers!
Morning Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, sending prayers for your FIL's surgery.

Phyl, good stuff this morning... beautiful scenery in the nature vid. I looked away during Peregrine's mealtime.... Thanks for football history... heartbreaking for the Grindavík community, no going back.  :'(

Clynn, Miss Bella looks more and more like her mom, especially with the glasses. Love her hair.... So cute!  ;D ... glad all went well for S&S.... I think the girl in the middle of the 1976 pic looks out of place. Where's her right arm? She casts a weird shadow on the car. I'm probably seeing things.  ;D

Oldguy, oh my, this lava flow is moving fast  :'(

Kb, beautiful morning pic... I hope you and Ollie can get a walk in your day.

Puff ;D

It was a snowy slushy morning. I bet we had 3 inches of moisture so far!  ;D
Have a good day Everyone!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #1308 on: February 08, 2024, 11:30:27 AM »

Good morning .  Thanks BL!   I maybe 10 minutes from 84 and Inner Perimeter , maybe less.  Took 84 when I used to visit friends in Hilton Head!   Do not know some of tge locations mentioned like Mud Swamp!  I am at roughky I 75 and  SR 41.
We eat a lot of things in the night shade family so do not  get so anxious to pull it.  Never saw a dog attracted to it!
Lisa, how is fil?   Is your mother out and about?   Is Sydney using her arms to play the drums?
Clynn, glad the kitties got a clean bill of health!   Bella looks very elderly with the wire frame glasses!   Do you wear them?
 Lani, I can appreciate  and relate to your  pleasure in walking in all that wet weather!  Living in El Paso with 364 days of sun shine was a bit too much of a good thing for a Chicago girl!   A 30 minute down pour was heavenly!  Reason to run outside and cheer!

Just found out the hha is not coming today!  Yrsterday her son was diagnosed with covid!   Oh my!

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #1309 on: February 08, 2024, 12:03:51 PM »

Maybe the undernourished one can't lean on the 'vette.  ::)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

BrokenLug

« Reply #1310 on: February 08, 2024, 12:29:55 PM »

It was a snowy slushy morning. I bet we had 3 inches of moisture so far!  ;D
Have a good day Everyone!

Lani at this weather station just north of the Payson Golf Course from 02/01/24 to 02/08/24 AM they have had 3.26" of rain.

That station is about 4.2 miles WSW of your location.

From 01/01/24 to 02/08/24 AM they have gotten 4.23" of rain + 2.8" of snow.   ;D

From the second graph you can see that is a nice amount of precip above your 30 year "normal" amount of rain.   :)
U. S. A.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1311 on: February 08, 2024, 12:33:53 PM »

Well, however you see it, the comments under that 70s picture says it's missing cell phones!
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #1312 on: February 08, 2024, 01:23:14 PM »

Phyl - Thanks for the prayers.  FIL made out good this morning.  Thanks for the 365, and for the History links.

clynn - Bella looks cute for her 'dress like Grandpa or Grandma Day' at school. Glad to hear the Sophie & Sam's vet visit went well yesterday.  I need to take Bandit in on Monday.  I love that planter in your last pic. 

tsk - Mom sounds great, and says she is getting better every day.  Jeff's Dad made out good.

oldguy - Very sad for the people of Keflavik.

kb - Hope you got your walk in with Ollie.

Lani - Thank you.   He did good.  Thanks for the Royal update.  It sure does look like a party on Top Flat is happening.  ;D

karen - Mama has not driven yet, but I am sure she will be out and about by the weekend.  I know baz asked me about NOLA Mardi Gras, but Mama is going to take it easy and head to Gulf Shores for it this year.  She says, it is less crowded there.

eburg;D ;D I noticed that too, she is SKINNY!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1313 on: February 08, 2024, 01:30:08 PM »

T-40 that same polar bear you posted earlier was in my 'Live Science 'newsletter via this morning's email w/ the article.  :(

Lisa good news on your FIL. Tks for update.

CLynn great  vet news for S and S ---'snip/snip' ouch.;  cute 'Do' for Bella

KB nice giraffe photo--I think they 'like each other' or closely related. Glad you're staying on top of the
nightshade.  ;)

Puff Dan has  as his email signature, 'Old age isn't for sissies"  ;)

Lani many thanks for the Royal Albie update/photo.  Enjoyed the short video, too.  Agree with the Twitter following, the gang is having a 'coffee gathering' of sorts. LOL

Karen feel for you HHA/son with CoVid...thoughtful for your sake in not coming to work today. You don't need that--no one does.

eburg ditto 'she' is scrawny

'What's wrong w/this  1976 photo?'  A lot as everyone has said plus it's not from 1976  and is photoshopped with a IIRC retro fashion ad  from  a few years ago.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 02:38:12 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1314 on: February 08, 2024, 01:30:47 PM »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1315 on: February 08, 2024, 02:24:06 PM »

Baz - what we called ground cherries, is in the tomato family, with a fruit the size of a marble with a loose husk protecting it.  It is also related to the Tomitillos & Cape Gooseberries.  When it is ripe, the husk dries and falls to the ground.  It is known to survive on the ground for upto a month and still be fresh and edible.
other common names for the ground cherry, such as the husk cherry, husk tomato, or strawberry tomato.
https://foodprint.org/real-food/ground-cherries/

Oldguy, thanks. After I posted to you about that, I went to look them up, and learned about them - same as what you posted here, and I dug in for more info, too. I have never eaten them ,but now I understand what they are. I don't think I have ever seen any, that I know of - unless I sw them in a store or farmer's market, and didn't know what I was looking at - and that happens to me a lot! LOL. I do know what tomatillos are, though - in the family, but different, I seeeee, and I read about the taste of the ground cherry. I think I would like them a lot! I will have to be on the lookout for them and see if they pop up anywhere I shop, if I can remember, that is! That's a big "if." LOL. What time of year are they "in season?" More like in the Spring? Or closer to, or during, summer?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1316 on: February 08, 2024, 02:46:37 PM »

KB   Watched the video.  Looks like a great investment.  Let me know how it is to empty...

PHYL   No I can truthfully say I've never been chased back to the house by ducks  ;) ;)   " handicapped" plates?

KAREN   You are very lucky to find a gal who knows what she is doing.

T40   That photographer sure does deserve to win the Peoples Choice award.  What a cute shot.

LISA   Like I think Lani said - those eyes really draw you in.  Such a cute picture of Sidney doing her push up!  ;D

BAZI   I went back to that link - "Where to buy"  Every time I clicked on "in store" and then clicked on 32 items offered in a particular store  it switched over to on line purchasing.   Even in the on line purchasing to many stores in my area, that chicken was not offered.  Interesting.  I will look tomorrow anyway and if not found will ask the butcher.. I took the picture on my phone to show him  LOL
   That Golden's celebration in Golden, Co - what fun and a great pic at the end.  ;D
    You are a good advertisement for how movement can actually reduce pain...
    The tea shoppe was out of scones!!!   BUT the tea and company was a plenty  ;D

TSK, sorry it didn't come up in your list of stores. FYI, Perdue makes several different whole chicken products. The type I got is called, "PERDUE® Oven Stuffer®® Whole Chicken with Giblets." It's in a green wrapper, but so are some of their other whole chicken products, but that's the particular product type I bought. I found it in Harris Teeter, which is owned by Kroger, so if you have a Kroger there, or one of the stores in their "family" of owned grocery store chains, you might find it there. BTW, when I went to that website and asked it to show me just that product in my town, none came up in the In Store, or Online list. LOL. Go figure.  ::) Sorry, and I hope I haven't sent you on a wild chicken chase!  ;) You have probably gone on that chase by now though... sorry. What?!? No scones at the tea house?!?!? Off my list!! LOL.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 02:50:13 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1317 on: February 08, 2024, 03:06:07 PM »

baz, Bella's class had a 'dress like Grandpa or Grandma Day' at school yesterday!  Sam and Sophie's vet visit yesterday went fine! Spay and Neuter are scheduled. The gals at the vet went crazy over them!

Clynn, love the "Be Kind" ASL graphic!!  :)  What a great picture of Bella for Dress Like Grandma/Grandpa Day!! ! LOL!  :D So glad the vet appt went well. Of course all the vet staff went nuts over cute little Sophie and Sam - they will get the best of care there, for sure!  :D :-* :-*

baziunc

« Reply #1318 on: February 08, 2024, 03:14:02 PM »

tsk - the tomatillos are larger (similar size to a cherry tomato) and more acidic and green when ripe - ground cherries are sweet and yellow

Iceland volcano broke thru this morning and has overtaken the hot water pipe going to the airport area.
Lava destroys hot water pipes, leaving thousands in Keflavik without hot water, heating. 08.02.24   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dbTuTxOdRU

Oldguy, that's awful news for Keflavik, Iceland, being without hot water and heating! Just awful. Prayers for all affected by the lava.  I read that some people say the ground cherry tastes like a cross between a tomato and a pineapple. Is that about how you would describe them, too? I think tomatillos are a totally different taste though from ground cherries. I believe tomatillos are used to make salsa verde, if I recall.

baziunc

« Reply #1319 on: February 08, 2024, 03:20:33 PM »

Puff, you got it! Getting old pretty much sucks...

LOL, Clynn, I now tell people that getting older is an adventure.  ;D