Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545074 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1290 on: February 07, 2024, 11:43:20 PM »

Lori, I hope Destini enjoyed spa day!  :-*

Kb, very pretty frog. I love the sheds!  ;D

Karen, relieved the tornado missed your neighborhood.... sounds like you have a wonderful housekeeper.

T40, Love the sleeping polar bear on his bed of ice. Awesome photo.

Lisa, When you live in a state like Arizona, hearing rain is like music to our ears! Sadie and I enjoyed our morning walk. I took her to the dog park so she could run off leash and enjoy sloshing around.  ;D She loves it when I give her a rub down with a warm towel.... oh look at those baby's beautiful eyes and big happy smile!  :-*

Eagles, Mike likes radishes crisp and cold. The lightly salted water flavors the radish and keeps it fresh, just as it adds flavor to any food... weather was strange today, snow, sleet, rain, sun, then more snow, sleet, rain. LOL! The roads are clear, streams running and forest smells wonderful... glad to hear VW and DeLorean are okay after your storms. I've seen a few tv footage of the damages, just terrible.

Baz, I said a few choice words myself when KU loses.  :-X ... I bet Lindy was at that great Golden event in Colorado! She loves to attend events like that with her two Goldies. I hope she, Fred and pups are well. .... glad your feeling better  :-* .... Sadie loves the falling snow, sleet, rain, whatever she just wants to be out in it. And at my age, enjoying it with her is good for the soul.  ;D .. and no slips for Mike allowed ... I've had to use an outhouse or two growing up in Hawaii.

Tsk, sounds like a good day, and a zoom meeting too. I wish we lived closer to Panera's.

Oldguy, Thank you for letting us know about ground cherries. I've seen them at the farmer's market and sometimes here at Basha's. I'll buy some next time I see them available.

BL thanks for sharing your adventures with us and providing great weather info for everyone's safety.

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn, Lori and her grandma Clute, Eagle's mom, Tig, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #1291 on: February 08, 2024, 05:58:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Popping in to say morning, before we head out with Jeff's dad again.  He needs to have another lil surgery this morning.

E4E - Weather girl says, 54° today...a heatwave!  Yep, she is growing fast.

baz - Glad to hear that your inflammatory situation is better.  Sydney does have brown hair with like a reddish tint to it. 

tsk - Thank you  :-*  And, guess what....I saw a video last night, and she knows what to do with those arms now.   ;D

kb - Those lil shed are adorable.

Lani - Thank you.  :-*  Aww, I bet Sadie does love the rub down with the warm towel after the sloshing around.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1292 on: February 08, 2024, 06:18:17 AM »

Good Morning Everyone.... It's Vintage Thursday !  

Currently 48F mostly cloudy    High  64F  partly sunny,  Low 48F

Tsk No---the specialty license plates are for   "Tiger Haven'  a big cat sanctuary here in Tennessee that I support w/$$$.

Karen relieved the tornado missed you/Piper; glad your housekeeper is working out for you.

OG thanks for info  on the ground cherries or Physalis. Have never seen them in the grocer's

Eagles   :)

Lani  no doubt  a warm towel   would be  most welcomed by Sadie after a cold walk  and all. Awesome owl in snow

KB cute. But, pricey little sheds

Lisa sending prayers for your FIL's surgery this AM

T40 luved the touching photo of the poler bear

BL you've helped many of us with your timely and needed weather info.--thanks

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Chile;The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 11:14:45 AM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1295 on: February 08, 2024, 06:24:33 AM »

What’s a 49er?

Before it became synonymous with a certain football team. The name references the year when thousands of prospectors flocked to California to strike gold.

https://www.history.com/news/whats-a-49er?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-2024-0207-02072024&om_rid=

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1297 on: February 08, 2024, 06:36:33 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, thew scenery in the 365 is absolutely beautiful, as is the falcon!

Lisa, we are supposed to get to 61 today! The last bits of snow will be done today, we had one small patch left, the last of the big pile by the driveway.  Thanks for the closeup of Sweet Sydney! Her eyes are very mysterious and beautiful...

Lani, a soft rain in a forest has to be one of natures best! I can almost smell the pines! I would so love to join you on your morning walk with Sadie, I bet is her favorite time of day!  My grandparents had an outhouse until they got the indoor plumbing in 1960. I remember it well, and taking a bath in the big metal tub on the back porch. My great Grandmother never had indoor plumbing, their house was never painted. She passed away in 1975. Born in 1884.  It's hard for me to imaging you saying those 'choice words' when KU loses!

kb, cute garden sheds!

T40, my friend Janet, in England, emailed me that polar bear picture too! I bet it has been shared millions of times around the world! It is one of the very best, that is for sure. I look for it to get picture of the year somewhere!

baz, Bella's class had a 'dress like Grandpa or Grandma Day' at school yesterday!  Sam and Sophie's vet visit yesterday went fine! Spay and Neuter are scheduled. The gals at the vet went crazy over them!

Lori, did Destini enjoy her Spa Day? And how are you doing?

tsk, what are you up to today?  ;D

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1298 on: February 08, 2024, 06:48:57 AM »

GOOD MORNING

43 heading to 58?  this afternoon.   Cloudy and rain moving in later.

OLDGUY   We learn something new every day!  I've known them as tomatillos ( googled the picture)

KB   Love the "she sheds"  :D

LANI  They need to figure out how to bottle the forest smells after a rain.  ;)

LISA  Hope Mom is doing well and now  a good session for Jeff's Dad is in the works

PHYL  Might handsome lunch for Mr Falcon 365

CLYNN  Entertained by your AM owl.  On my second cuppa.   Bella looks just like Grandma  ;D  Who wouldn't go nuts over S&S  Looks like the tank top says 1926
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #1299 on: February 08, 2024, 07:43:58 AM »

tsk - the tomatillos are larger (similar size to a cherry tomato) and more acidic and green when ripe - ground cherries are sweet and yellow

Iceland volcano broke thru this morning and has overtaken the hot water pipe going to the airport area.
Lava destroys hot water pipes, leaving thousands in Keflavik without hot water, heating. 08.02.24   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dbTuTxOdRU
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 08:06:04 AM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #1300 on: February 08, 2024, 08:49:50 AM »

Morning all.
sun is starting to peek out after a night of rain....going up to 53 here today!...definitely a morning when warmer and drier yet for a walk with Ollie.

oldguy - I don't think i've ever seen/heard of ground cherries...interesting.
I did see it's part of the nightshade family though so those with dogs/pets to stay away from.
I know I recently have started to find nightshade plants in parts of my yard. Interlopers. I find and pull immediately.

Puff

« Reply #1301 on: February 08, 2024, 09:35:35 AM »

Clynn  Got me thinking. . .Same saying for being 20 in the 70's as being 20 in the 80's!!!  Just being is the trick.     :-\

P

« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 09:39:14 AM by Puff »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1302 on: February 08, 2024, 10:20:40 AM »

Puff, you got it! Getting old pretty much sucks...

tsk, I think what is wrong (I don't agree that it is wrong!) with the 1976 picture is that there are NO CELL PHONES, which you would surely see today with a bunch of teens!  Even the little kids!  ::) ::)

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

BrokenLug

« Reply #1303 on: February 08, 2024, 10:22:37 AM »

OK Clynn I give up.   ???

What is wrong with this 1976 photo ?   ?? :-\

Is it the guy in the background (upper right) looks a little to old and creepy to be with those young girls ?   ;)
Only one girl has denim cut offs ?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 10:27:12 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #1304 on: February 08, 2024, 10:30:26 AM »

OK Clynn I give up.   ???

What is wrong with this 1976 photo ?   ?? :-\

Is it the guy in the background (upper right) looks a little to old and creepy to be with those young girls ?   ;)
Only one girl has denim cut offs ?

Or that the windows in the garage in back are crooked?