Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 543918 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1335 on: February 09, 2024, 05:58:27 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

February 8, 2024: News and NestFlix from Decorah, Decorah North, and La Crosse!
 February 8, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/02/08/february-8-2024-news-and-nestflix-from-decorah-decorah-north-and-la-crosse/

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #1336 on: February 09, 2024, 06:05:02 AM »

Aryana Hummingbird, Laguna Niguel, California   cam thread has been updated with a series of new nest videos

Begining today:
Aryana Hummingbird Lays Her First Egg of the 2024 Nesting Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drCM_AlbdUg

Jan 12, 2024  #Explore #NeverStopLearning #MoreToExplore
Aryana is an Allen's Hummingbird who lives year-'round in the coastal area of Laguna Niguel, California. She built this nest in a Gartenmeister Fuchsia.

WATCH THIS: After sitting low in the nest for several minutes (only some of which you see here), Aryana lifts herself onto the uppermost edge of the interior nest wall. She stabilizes herself by gripping the nest fluff with her tiny talons. When she starts "laboring," her back end is elevated. She flares, lifts, and wiggles her tail quite a bit while she's pushing it out, and then appears to "collapse" into the nest bowl when she's finished.

She spins the egg with her feet and beak. This helps keeps the egg membranes from sticking to the shell.

Even though Aryana stays on the nest for a while, she is not yet incubating this egg. It is not at risk, temperature wise,  as the regional weather is a balmy 60-some degrees Fahrenheit and she covers it with her "brood patch" while she sits on her nest.

Aryana will likely lay her second of two eggs within the next couple of days, and will then begin the incubation process. By delaying incubation, both chicks will hatch very close together, develop at the same rate, and fledge within a similar timeframe.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 06:13:37 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1337 on: February 09, 2024, 06:56:54 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

February 8, 2024: News and NestFlix from Decorah, Decorah North, and La Crosse!
 February 8, 2024  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2024/02/08/february-8-2024-news-and-nestflix-from-decorah-decorah-north-and-la-crosse/

I rendezvous at the bluff branch looks to be a whole lot less romantic/more challenging than a night at the Marriott.   ::)

P

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1338 on: February 09, 2024, 07:04:48 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, thanks for the heart attack chart, very informative! Aryana is a marvel of nature... Love the wildlife in the 365, peaceful. Thanks for Amy's Blog. I looked that car up, I am four years older than that '56 'Ford Fairlane! Hope Miss Maggie is holding her own...

Lani, you are getting some good rain/snow this winter! I am sure the forest loves it! It is so sad about Grindavík, it just keeps going on and on. Those kitties in the triple bunk bed are so cute! I have been going to do something and forget what it was when I get there for years... ::) ::)

E4E, I hadn't heard about the land line phones going away, but I am sure eventually they will. They really will have to wait until all the seniors like my Mom are gone, she just cannot handle the smart phones. We have Magic Jack for our land line, it is just like a regular land line but only $39 a year.

Aerial view of the Grand Canyon.                              Entrance To The Great Pyramid

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #1339 on: February 09, 2024, 07:21:38 AM »

Good Mor ing!  48 going to 73!  Sun was out but gonein now.
Phyl, are you saying you had a heart attack or is the statement one that is part of the chart you posted?  The Hummersare  are amazing!    Need to buy some new feeders this year or new parts for mine!   May begin my search early!
Thanks for your posts!
Clynn, I am with your mom!  I love my land line and  will need a new cell if landlines disappear! The worst thing that ever happened to the world was the break up of Ma Bell!   There was a time you could look up numbers or, call information and find anyone who had a phone! Took me a year to find someone.  The number on line was the Bank of America!   Lol!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1340 on: February 09, 2024, 07:28:56 AM »

HI EVERYONE

Have no idea why my post posted twice last night  Will delete.

LANI    You sure are getting some wonderful needed precip.  ;)   Bunk beds for kitties  LOL

PHYL   Lots of retro red this AM  ;D    365  apparition  - what a beauty.   Thanks for Amy's Nestflix... ;)  Do you need to see a cardiologist?

PUFF    ;) ;)

CLYNN    Never heard of Magic Jack!!!  Will Google it as a land line is so expensive.  B&T went back to one - at Tom's request.  Barb said $$$$    WOW  aerial view of Grand Canyon and Great Pyramid .  Very cool
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1341 on: February 09, 2024, 07:58:30 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I.F.!!!!!!!!!!!

baz - A short walk, is better than no walk.  Cute squirrel in slippers.

tsk - I would rather her not go to Mardi Gras at all, but if she has to go, yes would rather her go to that one.

Phyl - Pretty good night pic, love lighthouses.  Thanks for the RRP post, and 365.  Sorry to hear that you had a heart attack.  When did that happen?

E4E - All went good for Jeff's Dad.   

Lani - Love the kitty bunk beds! 

Puff - LOL

clynn, karen, kb and all - Morning  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1342 on: February 09, 2024, 08:10:13 AM »

bounce
We have a land line and a rotary phone in the basement. We also have several cordless phones and a digital answering machine. The service is part of our cable bundle.
Lisa... Yay
Off to the pool to work off those panczkis
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #1343 on: February 09, 2024, 09:35:21 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1755593177472356854

Have you ever seen flamingos eating under water?...I noticed one had 2 bands on it's legs.

Morning all.

Brr...we've dropped 20 degrees here so feels more like winter and closer to our average.
Pot roast in the crock pot since 8am..

Puff

« Reply #1344 on: February 09, 2024, 10:14:45 AM »

Lisa is at the paczki early!!!!  Tuesday already?

Gasped when I saw the Grand Canyon.  WOW here too.

P

karengramke

« Reply #1345 on: February 09, 2024, 10:29:59 AM »

Tsk, phone service by the Bell system became very expensive ib Chicago area some time ago!   They began adding long distance charges for calls that would normally be considered free,  a one of a kind charging system for them!   Never spread out of the area and phone folks all over laughed about it!   I do not think my land line is expensive and think cell phones are more expensive, especially if you use them a lot!   Lawn care workers are here!  Hha not here until Tuesday.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1346 on: February 09, 2024, 11:37:15 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Phyl, A classic beautiful nature video with the Black Wolf.... Thank you for RRP blog update on HM/HD..... thanks for reposting Aryana's first egg video... thanks for heart attack info... I hope all is well with Miss Maggie. Sorry, when did you have a heart attack? And are you under doctor's care for it?

Clynn, we have a landline it's part of our cable package, alone with internet, I've never heard about Magic Jack. I'll have to look that up..... Aerial view of Grand Canyon and Great Pyramid is cool.

Kb, great video of the flamingos! They are so pretty when gathered in a flock.

Tsk, beautiful morning pic.

Hi Karen, Puff  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #1347 on: February 09, 2024, 11:51:49 AM »

A  high school classmate emailed this to me. The comment below is her's.
She had concern as her symptoms were more mild and vague. As the chart illustrates.

Sorry.  :(    If I had ever had an issue with this , I'd been more direct and detailed

Thanks.

Click on image to enlarge.

It wasn't until I had seen this chart that I realized not long a go, I had had a heart attack.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1348 on: February 09, 2024, 11:59:04 AM »

Overhead shot of SWFL shows a grownup E23.  All black on the back now.  We aren't even looking at a white egg yet.   :(

Patience, I know.

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1349 on: February 09, 2024, 12:34:39 PM »

;D ;D

HAPPY FRIDAY, BEAKERS!  :D

I filed my tax returns a week ago yesterday, on Thursday, Feb. 1.  My refund hit my bank account today!! WOOT!! Heading out to spend it as fast as I can...  ;D  JK!! ;) :D

But it makes me feel like...

;D 8)

Have a great day, Beakers!  :)

And remember...

:) :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center