Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 545081 times)

T40cfr403

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #1275 on: February 07, 2024, 01:31:00 PM »

This dreamy image of a polar bear drifting to sleep on a bed carved into an iceberg is the winner of the 2023 Wildlife Photographer of the Year People’s Choice Award.
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LisaG1967

« Reply #1276 on: February 07, 2024, 01:37:40 PM »

kb - Cool looking frog.

karen - Hope the housekeeping person is working out for you.

Lani - Oh, I had to laugh at your.... We woke up to sleet, snow, rain. It's wonderful. I know its good for your forest, but I would be groaning.

BL - I can see you being the 7 C's. 

tsk - Sounds like you have been enjoying your day.

Another pic....one of Sydney's eyes. 

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #1277 on: February 07, 2024, 04:27:56 PM »

BAZI  Heading to the grocery on Thursday.   It's on my list to look for   Thanks for the radish support  LOL

EAGLES   Thanks for the radish support  LOL    Now after tomorrow , Southern Cal can have a bit of a dry out - sorely needed.

TSK, if you visit that web page I posted the link to yesterday for that chicken product, you can just scroll down toward the bottom of that url's display, and it will list the stores in your area that sell it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #1278 on: February 07, 2024, 04:40:39 PM »

Tsk, you commented on our paver walkway, so here is a picture to show it at night. Hubby made the walkway a few years ago and put in-set lighting into the walkway.  The day picture didn't do it justice. ;)

E4E, I loved the daylight pics of your home and neighborhood view you posted before, and I meant to tell you how much I liked that front walk of yours, and wondered if that was a project y'all did yourselves, because it is really pretty! I also love all your windows across the front of your house, and that must make for a really nice light inside, which always appeals so much to me, too. Great pic of your home at night - dramatic lighting - really pretty!! Thanks for sharing!  :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1279 on: February 07, 2024, 04:49:08 PM »

Tig - Have a nice day whatever you guys are up to!
Clynn - What a wonderful gift for Erin & Sydney when they bought their home; your wedding Silverware!! I'm sure they will always appreciate that special gift!    Hope all went well with Sam & Sophie's first vet visit! :)     Love SWFL pics  ;D
Og - Love the story of the couple who bought a house and acquired lots of cats - they are truly special folks and a real blessing for all those kitties!    Wow-what a story of the plastic bucket rescue - amazing!!!!     Thank you for sharing your story of how your family had a farm of all kinds of vegetables & fruit - you had everything!!!  Such wonderful memories!!
BL - Oh my gosh - you climbed way up there and drank a tepid beer! :o  Your life has been quite an adventure!   I like your 7 C's!
Lani - I buy radishes for our salads, but I've never soaked them in salt water as has been mentioned by a couple of folks - I'm trying to imagine how they taste!    In answer to your question;  the vw bus is behind the gate (left side), you can't see it from the street.  The Delorean is covered and sits in front of my white mercedes in the main driveway.    We are having another big rain day here today!  Wow! You are already getting all kinds of weather!!
Phyl - Jim grew up lucky having his Mother grow a prize winning garden; bet he had all kinds of healthy vegies too!   Lots of memories of your Mom and Grandma and all the stuff they grew & canned and took care of!! :)   Thank you for 365, and links, loved Aryana Hummer!! :-*    Yikes-the story of having an outhouse back in the day! :o ::)
Lori - The palm tree you see in in our next door neighbor's back yard!   Hope Destini had a nice 'spa' appt today!
Tsk - Thank you for the nice compliment for Kris and he says thank you and smiles!     You sure are having a busy day!
LisaG - That will be a nice temp for your area on Sunday @ 60 deg!  Your sweet little Sydney is growing so fast!! Her eyes are gorgeous!!
Kb - What fun & special memories you have of visiting your Grandparents and riding on the tractor with your Grandpa!!
Karen - Loved hearing some of your family history!! :) :)  Yikes! The strawberry patch!     Thank you  :)
Baz - You are a great cook!! :)

Beakers have a warm & safe afternoon :)

baziunc

« Reply #1280 on: February 07, 2024, 04:59:24 PM »

Baz, we love radishes too, and I do the same thing with them for Mike to snack on all week. Thanks for sharing your chicken recipe. The chicken looks like a turkey... darn those Clemson Tigers  :-\

We haven't heard from Weasel or Lindygold.

Lani, I said some things a lot stronger than "darn" at the end of the Clemson game last night.  8) :-X :P

I thought about Lindygold the other day, and I hope she is getting along okay. It was National Golden Retriever Day the other day, and the annual Goldens in Golden celebration - in the snow - happy wet dogs don't care if you like the way they smell or not, LOL!!  ;) ;D :-* :-* That's in Golden, Colorado, that is.

Video of the Goldens in Golden event this past Saturday... The Goldens come from all over, and some had never seen snow before - awww... fun, short video - check out the group doggie photo at the very end of the video  :D :-* :-* :-* (about a minute-and-a-half long) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJoXrm5wQII - Hundreds of golden retrievers meet up in Colorado despite snow

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 05:01:14 PM by baziunc »

baziunc

« Reply #1281 on: February 07, 2024, 05:08:08 PM »

Karen tks. for the owl update; tks for your recipe. Would have to omit the giblets though.   I've seen those monstrous chickens at Publix   Jim has said they've had one at  100 lbs :o  :o   I wonder, growth hormones

Phyl, LOL, I was the one who posted about buying and cooking that large chicken, and making giblet gravy for it. LOL. No growth hormones, or hormones of any kind, are given to the chickens in the brand I bought!  ;) ;D

baziunc

« Reply #1282 on: February 07, 2024, 05:19:38 PM »

BL   Holy smokes.  Is that pillar a common place for repelling?

No it is not.
In fact it is now illegal to climb it.   :(
It was illegal to climb it when we climbed it too, but there was more "looking the other way" back then.
  :) ;)

[b]BL[/b], you just answered my question... LOL... I wondered if you got hauled off to the pokey when you got to the bottom.  ;)  Glad you made the return trip safely.  :) All I could think of was how much of those pillars had already broken off, and which part and when the next would fall... Never could've even considered such. I know that rock-top hot beer was good! LOL!

LisaG1967

« Reply #1283 on: February 07, 2024, 05:33:06 PM »

Have a good night, everyone!

baziunc

« Reply #1284 on: February 07, 2024, 05:54:12 PM »

Waving to All the Beakers!!  :)

Where did this day go? Oh yeah... I slept late!  ;) ::) :D

I walked exactly 30 minutes today. My inflammatory situation is better, thank goodness, and I hope it completely goes away soon!

Clynn, awww, love seeing the throwback pic of sweet Bella at 6 months of age. Hard to believe  she's getting ready to turn 6 years old! She's aging well!  ;) ;D :-* I hope the vet appt for Sophie and Sam went well, and bloodless.  ;) Just kidding.  :-*  LOLOLOL! Harley in the poop box!!!  ;D ;D

Lisa, what a great picture of your beautiful grandbaby, Sydney.  :-* :-* I don't know if it's just the light, but in that pic, she looks like she has some gorgeous auburn hair! How's your mother? Is she getting ready to go to NOLA for Mardi Gras?

Karen, so glad that tornado didn't come by you! I always feel so bad for those who go through such awful hits from nature. You're staying busy! Have you been able to get your glass-shelved cabinet back on track?

Lori, awww... spa day for Destini today - she will be extra gorgeous!  :-* Continued prayers for your grandmas, and wondering how your grandma Helen is doing, too. Hugs to all, and you take care.  :)

Oldguy, I need to look up ground cherries... I've never heard of them, and wonder if they are something I might know by another name... google search is in my future. LOL. It sounds like you had a really fun childhood growing up with all the farm/plant/animl surroundings.  :)

KB, fun riding tractors!  :)

Phyl, those pesky ducks at the farm house!!  :o ;)

T40, what a great photo!  :)

Lani, yay for you getting the precip! Stay safe and warm, and no slips allowed for you or Mike!! Does Sadie chase the falling snow?

TSK, you're the social butterfly today! LOL!  ;) :D  Fun getting together with friends. You got lots of good eats today - Panera and the tea room! Yum!  :)

I can't remember now who brought up the outhouse... I have seen a number of them over the years, and have been in a few, but only made use of one 1 time that I can think of right now.  ::)  Have done enough hiking and camping of all different kinds over the years that I have built and used any number of latrines - yep, hatchet at the ready those times, LOL - but more often, used the woods the way the bears do.  ;D 8)

That's a wrap.

Good Night, Beakers. Stay warm, and SED. Peace.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 05:56:36 PM by baziunc »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1285 on: February 07, 2024, 06:29:32 PM »

KB   Watched the video.  Looks like a great investment.  Let me know how it is to empty...

PHYL   No I can truthfully say I've never been chased back to the house by ducks  ;) ;)   " handicapped" plates?

KAREN   You are very lucky to find a gal who knows what she is doing.

T40   That photographer sure does deserve to win the Peoples Choice award.  What a cute shot.

LISA   Like I think Lani said - those eyes really draw you in.  Such a cute picture of Sidney doing her push up!  ;D

BAZI   I went back to that link - "Where to buy"  Every time I clicked on "in store" and then clicked on 32 items offered in a particular store  it switched over to on line purchasing.   Even in the on line purchasing to many stores in my area, that chicken was not offered.  Interesting.  I will look tomorrow anyway and if not found will ask the butcher.. I took the picture on my phone to show him  LOL
   That Golden's celebration in Golden, Co - what fun and a great pic at the end.  ;D
    You are a good advertisement for how movement can actually reduce pain...
    The tea shoppe was out of scones!!!   BUT the tea and company was a plenty  ;D
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #1286 on: February 07, 2024, 07:14:34 PM »

tsk - very easy to empty. the canister to empty is in the hand held part and it's just pushing a button.
For me, I like it cause it's so lightweight. About 8 pounds so that helps my shoulder a lot. Love the light and the suction capacity and the ease to go under beds, couches, and chairs.

I'm a heavy user of it as the dog sheds!..big time. I might have to empty it several times on say one floor of two. It comes with several attachments as well, and like I said previously I use it on the ceiling like I might use a shop vac.

BrokenLug

« Reply #1287 on: February 07, 2024, 07:39:05 PM »

Just read their tornado we had a few days ago was a f2.  450 buildings without power and a number of buildings and homes destroyed and damaged.   Whew, I am glad it missed my neighborhood but  feel sorry about the folks  who were affected!

Karen I don't know exactly where you are located, but here is the track of that EF 2 tornado that was near you on 02/04/24.

So glad it did not affect your property and you're OK !
Those are scary weather buggers.

Third tornado on this link:
https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/p.php?pil=PNSTAE&e=202402071825
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 10:42:41 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

oldguy

« Reply #1288 on: February 07, 2024, 07:42:23 PM »

Baz - what we called ground cherries, is in the tomato family, with a fruit the size of a marble with a loose husk protecting it.  It is also related to the Tomitillos & Cape Gooseberries.  When it is ripe, the husk dries and falls to the ground.  It is known to survive on the ground for upto a month and still be fresh and edible.
other common names for the ground cherry, such as the husk cherry, husk tomato, or strawberry tomato.
https://foodprint.org/real-food/ground-cherries/
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #1289 on: February 07, 2024, 08:08:52 PM »

so stinking cute!...custom made in Foley MN.

Barntique Custom Wood and Design makes these sheds. They have their own fb page for other designs.
Between 4-10,000 only, LOL..