Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 146957 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1185 on: November 27, 2023, 08:48:49 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

Currently 40F,    High  51F sunny,  Low 31 F  clear skies.

LB- Hurrah! getting bandages off this Tuesday. I can only imagine how excited you are about that- standing with out pain :)  Yep Returning to work later in December  would give you more time to focus on your recovery.  Thanks for the update

Hi Paulie- miss seeing you. Hope all is well.

Hi  Jicaji

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1186 on: November 28, 2023, 06:26:22 AM »

Good morning Going to the doctor today to get xray and bandage off. I a all ready to go!!!!
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Phyl

« Reply #1187 on: November 28, 2023, 11:38:30 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...

LB- sending good thoughts and wishes for your  doc appt  this morning. Hope all goes
well and you feel better.

Hi Paulie and Jicaji.

Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1188 on: November 28, 2023, 12:33:13 PM »

Appointment went well, Bandge off took xrys everything lookx wonderful.  The PA wiil fillout the retuen to work form and email them back date to comeback is 12/18 to ork remotely and will reevaluate again to give retur to office date. PT will be rush. she said they will pussh me the goal is to get knee bending ASAP or my movement wil be limited come a couple of months from now . I am abe to stnd aleay without pain  just need to get the knee to bend more 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1189 on: November 28, 2023, 08:37:09 PM »

Hi!

Lani, Karen and Phyl, Thank you for Cheers Thanksgiving wishes.

tsk, Puff, LB, You ladies had me laughing about which side railing to use. Me ... left knee bone on bone ... I use right side railing. Feels safter/better.

Phyl, Re: your "Autumn Music etc" yesterday. At my house snow flurries, lows 20, highs 30s and blustery wind. I'm ready for Spring.

Hi jicaji

LB, Excellent news about your progress. Did you drive yourself to your Dr appt today? Great about bandage being removed and x-ray good. You be very careful with Copper under foot!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1190 on: November 28, 2023, 09:06:43 PM »

This will not be short.  :) :P

Tues. Youngest granddaughter her for sleepover. She was here Wednesday till evening.

Wed. Day before Thanksgiving. While prepping/cooking and of course using kitchen sink .. the bathroom sink downstairs (pipes connected) clogged and flooded bathroom floor. Grab towels .. wipe up. Everything drained okay after testing. Continued cooking and using kitchen sink. Thought all's cleared and okay.

Thurs - Thanksgiving Day. Used kitchen sink all morning and early afternoon. All was good and meal prepared. Buffet and table set up.
My husband suddenly didn't feel good like before his ICD shocks his heart. I told him sit down and he was done helping me. No family here yet. Called my son to come carve turkey. Husband felt better and turnkey carved.
Put pots etc in dishwasher to clean while we ate. Mid-cycle someone says "I hear water." Downstairs drain clogged and overflowing again.
Stopped dishwasher. Other's grabbed towels laying on floor downstairs. We're going to enjoy each other and meal together and deal with it afterwards. We did. We laughed and enjoyed each other.
After meal the guys got to work downstairs trying to remove clog. Finally after hours I said stop. Will deal with it tomorrow. Dirty dishes, bowels, plates, silverware must wait till tomorrow.

Fri morning ... 1st day of both deer/buck hunting. Guys were ready to head to cabin. Umm not till clog is cleared says I. They worked and worked. Didn't happen. I said mid-morning "Just go. I'm good. I'll call plumber" I needed peace!!
After many calls all plumbers booked. Turns out the day after Thanksgiving is busiest day of the year I'm told. Will come Monday. What?? I found an awesome plumber with a heart who came and said he would not charge me double for weekends as they all do. Thank you.

Oh I forgot to mention my oldest granddaughter asked to me watch her dog while she went to cabin to hunt with guys. She's 16. She always said she wanted to hunt with her dad/my oldest son. Her dog is cute etc but weird with men and strangers. She saw plumber at front door. I put her out on the deck and gave her pieces of turkey while plumber worked downstairs. He left. She came in .. sniffed .. and weirded out hiding behind chairs refusing to go to the stairs that lead to the front door to go outside to do her business. Was fun. Not!!!

For a while I've been watching a young 4-point buck from cabin Ring camera and also while there sitting on cabin porch. My granddaughter shot a young 4-point buck. Guess who?  :( :'(

Everyone returned late Sunday night. Due to the time granddaughter, her dog and my son slept here. No problem. I love them. I was looking forward to empty house eventually though.

Monday a busy day doing things and helped granddaughter with high school project.

Tuesday today. I finally this morning got my car from the shop repaired. The guys there finally pin pointed issues caused by other place I took for state inspection and messed things up. Then I had dental appt today. Afterwards had errands and things to do.

Bottom line I'm now sitting here in silence and hoping tomorrow is a pleasant slow day.  :)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1191 on: November 29, 2023, 08:30:40 AM »

Good mornng Wow Paulie never a dull moment.  Poor deer?    I have mixed feeling on deer hunts.   I understand but not happy if you get what I mean...   Hopefully the rest of the week is nice and quiet for you.    oh I checked my fitbit tracker I did 7000 steps. Is that too much???  LOL   O wonder if I over did the walking.  I had to walk to dr the parking is horrendous there and had to park far.   I went to walmart to get coppers scripts. IN and out.  then walked copper 2x.  I  cooked and that was too much  but I was able to stand the whole time cooking usually I cant

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1192 on: November 29, 2023, 09:29:48 AM »

Good morning, It's 10:20am and I'm still in pajamas and robe sipping coffee. I feel like staying in them all day.  :)

LB, Yep I understand what you mean about hunting. Same here. Thanks about the rest of the week.
They're all talking about going back this weekend. I'm definitely not going preferring to have a quiet hopefully relaxing weekend.

Geez Louise you did a lot of walking!! I imagine the exercise was good for you and knee but don't know if that was too much.
Good you made it through walking that parking lot for Dr appt!
You got a lot done yesterday! I hope you slept good last night.

#1 is interesting and #2 cute

Phyl

« Reply #1193 on: November 29, 2023, 09:59:12 AM »

Good Mornning Everyone !

On a short schedule today...

Paulie glad to hear from  you.  You had a busy Thanksgivng .
I don't approve of hunting in this day and age either.

LB you've made a lot of progress. Hopefully, you haven't over done things yesterday,  too much.
Copper loved his walks I'm sure. Take care

« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 08:17:32 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1194 on: November 29, 2023, 10:39:09 AM »

Phyl My solution -- Let him keep your car and buy yourself a new one.  ;D

Tell him Merry Christmas!

P

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1195 on: November 30, 2023, 08:13:14 AM »

Good Morning
 First outpatient PT today.   Woooaaaa.... it was mostly an evaluation to see what I can and cannot do. I was able to bend my knee 90 degrees on my own. It was at 45 degrees the day after surgery. She was able to manipulate it to 105 degrees. Ouch.  I definitely need  help with getting my knee to bend while walking.   Its a lot to do with habit since I haven't really walked bending my knee for a good 6 years. But surgery has something to do with it  as well. I also need help with balance. I could stand on my left foot only for about 1 sec. LolAnd made 4 sec standing on right foot. LOL. She said my strength is there!! She was quite impressed. Pain will definitely be involved but looking forward to seeing the improvements. Which I already see!!!  Looking forward to the next few months🤩🤩🤩🤩

I had trouble sleeping due to the  pain f PT  I wonder if its all in my head.  She was sayng how I am always hesitiant in trying things and think I wont be able to and I do with no problem.  I definitly dont have confidence  how do you gain that

Copper threw up this morning it was all water  not fun try9ing to clean that I took an old towel and wiped up  using cane and feet then mopped.

I have a sty now too!! ugg   

Phyl

« Reply #1196 on: November 30, 2023, 08:40:05 AM »

Good Morning LB, Paulie and  Jicaji !

{{{LB}}}  I found that alot of that will take thoughtful repetition every time you walk. That's what I  did with my Vertigo ( BPPV) PT  and arthroscopy R. knee.PT.
I had poor balance after 3 level ACDF of cervical spine surgery 6 yrs. ago. Those tiny crystals in the inner ear were jarred loose by the drill used to
install the surgical stainless steel screws attaching the titanimum plate in my spinal column.  Balance is worse on my right side. What PT had me do was use
just my left forefinger  to aid balancing while standing on just that right leg.  Every once and a while,  I tested myself w/o the one finger balance aid. The goal PT and doc set for me was a mininum of 10 seconds without help.
All in all ... ;)

Poor  {{{Copper}}}. Glad it was just water. Maggie does that when her head is bent too far for her to swallow competely. Not sure if that's the same for Copper. 
Dog anatomy a little different from cats. ;)

Paulie and  Jicaji   :)

Sauces bald eagle cam

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1197 on: November 30, 2023, 09:35:59 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, Wow good progress bending knee but sounds very painful. Darn it to Copper. Sending you and Copper hugs.

Phyl, Sending you hugs too.

Oh LB! Virgin River airs today/tonight. Christmas holiday I think and something about Mel's father.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1198 on: November 30, 2023, 03:22:59 PM »

thanks for info Phyl.  Paulie I will start tonight I am catching up on shows I recorded right now. LOL    I am finding pretty decnet movis to watch ones I would normal NOT watch LOL 

Phyl

« Reply #1199 on: November 30, 2023, 03:51:00 PM »

An early 'Good Evening' to you all.
With lots of SEDs.
Esp. for LB and Copper.  ;)

Sauces bald eagle cam
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89   Go Up